AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-07, 17:46   Link #1121
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Seika what she said in this episode showed her slow but obvious attraction to Teppei. That was not just a statement she made it was a jealous statement and she doesnt even realize she did it.
Seika's friends reactions were pretty funny too.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 20:43   Link #1122
Justin Kim
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Lol, I think this episode finally revealed that Sylvia had a very strong attraction to Teppei, even though she had rejected the ideals of marriage at first.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 21:15   Link #1123
Foreshadow
Nyaa~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Lol, I think this episode finally revealed that Sylvia had a very strong attraction to Teppei, even though she had rejected the ideals of marriage at first.
At the Same time it also showed that she has to give up Teppei in order to return to her home country. She'll probably have to make a choice between the two at the end of the Anime.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 22:00   Link #1124
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 26
fairly sure that the dark void was just a censoring job. unless it blocked out a scar or a tramp stamp, i doubt it blocked anything important.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 00:34   Link #1125
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
At the Same time it also showed that she has to give up Teppei in order to return to her home country. She'll probably have to make a choice between the two at the end of the Anime.
I am not sure if it is so much "must give up on him" in order to return, but that she would have less of a reason to return should she feel like she can live happily in Japan as well. I rather liked episode 5, as it delivered developments on all sides, and some much needed depth for both Charlotte and Sylvia. This still has a Charlotte ending written all over it, and i am perfectly fine with that - one can't deny she is absurdly feminine to the point of it almost being a fault What i see interesting with Sylvia is that, unlike usual "love triangles" (Though it might be early to call it that) the romance isn't her main concern; instead she is plagued by her past and death of her mother, which she has anything but gotten over. Which is why i think that not ending up with Teppei wouldn't be that much of concern for her - while she probably wouldn't mind that, her main concerns seem to lie elsewhere and overcoming those is what i expect her story to be about (Most likely with Teppei's help), and what she needs to do in order to put the past behind her and move forward.

Unlike Charlotte, to whom her relationship with Teppei seems to be the most important thing by a fair margin. We don't know much about her situation at this point, but from the motherload of dropped hints that she would have to leave Japan most likely sooner rather than later, and possibly has her own marriage arrangements waiting for her, it might be likely that this is the only brief "freedom" she has, which is why she seems all over it - she may well never get another chance to "act like a normal girl". I can already foresee Teppei having to play the knight on a white horse (or a shiny bike as the case might be) having to save his princess by the end. I am also going to place a bet he will face of with the butler (since the later has displayed considerable combat ability as well), and chances are would be The Obstacle in face of apparent lack of any other "parental figure" around Charlotte.

I am still trying to figure how the assassination part is going to fit in all of this, but i get the feeling it has already played its role - to be a tool in setting up the premise with nothing else to come from it. Could be wrong, but we shall see. I also wonder will Teppei's views on excessive wealth play a role in the ending - he expressed in this episode that it seems more restraining than it is worth, so i wonder if he is going to follow his mother's footsteps and give up his inheritance rights before all this is over in some turn of events. We shall see with time i guess.
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 06:57   Link #1126
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hungary, Europe
Age: 29
This thread needs some images.
Spoiler for :
__________________
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 07:20   Link #1127
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
This thread needs some images.
Spoiler for :
ahh, you just put some life into the thread again, love the Sylvie pictures, can't get enough of it, of course not enough of all of them!
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 07:53   Link #1128
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
both Sylvie and Charlotte seem to have the "OH NOES I MUST GO HOME!" drama inducing special move
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 11:03   Link #1129
Foreshadow
Nyaa~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I am not sure if it is so much "must give up on him" in order to return, but that she would have less of a reason to return should she feel like she can live happily in Japan as well. I rather liked episode 5, as it delivered developments on all sides, and some much needed depth for both Charlotte and Sylvia. This still has a Charlotte ending written all over it, and i am perfectly fine with that - one can't deny she is absurdly feminine to the point of it almost being a fault What i see interesting with Sylvia is that, unlike usual "love triangles" (Though it might be early to call it that) the romance isn't her main concern; instead she is plagued by her past and death of her mother, which she has anything but gotten over. Which is why i think that not ending up with Teppei wouldn't be that much of concern for her - while she probably wouldn't mind that, her main concerns seem to lie elsewhere and overcoming those is what i expect her story to be about (Most likely with Teppei's help), and what she needs to do in order to put the past behind her and move forward.
I Guess I should have phrased that differently, What i meant was in her mind, Sylvia right now has two wants, Her homeland, and Teppei. Although it seems like she prioritizes her Homeland, She's trying to deny her feelings to Teppei so she can return. Barring a huge mind change (which may or may not happen), she'll force herself to make a decision between the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Unlike Charlotte, to whom her relationship with Teppei seems to be the most important thing by a fair margin. We don't know much about her situation at this point, but from the motherload of dropped hints that she would have to leave Japan most likely sooner rather than later, and possibly has her own marriage arrangements waiting for her, it might be likely that this is the only brief "freedom" she has, which is why she seems all over it - she may well never get another chance to "act like a normal girl". I can already foresee Teppei having to play the knight on a white horse (or a shiny bike as the case might be) having to save his princess by the end. I am also going to place a bet he will face of with the butler (since the later has displayed considerable combat ability as well), and chances are would be The Obstacle in face of apparent lack of any other "parental figure" around Charlotte.
Definitely, especially with this scenario the only way to get Charlotte out of it is to basically end up with Teppei. I do say though, that her definition of "normal Girl" is quite strange , and if she wanted to do more "normal" things, she could have done them without Teppei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I am still trying to figure how the assassination part is going to fit in all of this, but i get the feeling it has already played its role - to be a tool in setting up the premise with nothing else to come from it. Could be wrong, but we shall see. I also wonder will Teppei's views on excessive wealth play a role in the ending - he expressed in this episode that it seems more restraining than it is worth, so i wonder if he is going to follow his mother's footsteps and give up his inheritance rights before all this is over in some turn of events. We shall see with time i guess.
I think we all read too far into the Assassination part, Then again it might appear connected to the whoever Teppei ends up with (her situation) but it really seems like just a situational setup. As for wealth, again it seems like its all dependent on who he ends up with.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 23:45   Link #1130
Justin Kim
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
At the Same time it also showed that she has to give up Teppei in order to return to her home country. She'll probably have to make a choice between the two at the end of the Anime.
Er, I don't think the episode really indicated that. But it most certainly revealed that the status within the family was in a critical condition. So basically speaking, it seems that Sylvia detested the idea of marriage because it was rather out of political reasons not true love.

Anyone marrying the heir to the Arima Financial Combine is bound to get a huge amount of support, and considering Sylvia's home/country's condition the initiative almost seems right to marry Teppei in order to save herself and the others from further despair.

The only thing that Teppei needs to do is to intereact with Sylvia a bit more, but in a different fashion as he did with Seika. That way he can achieve a mutual understanding of what Sylvia is feeling at the present moment.

Sylvia has grow a liking to Teppei whether she wanted to or not. But the concept of marriage is way behind her stretch, and it justifies the fact that she is quite not ready yet to make such a commitment. Rather, Sylvia needs to know Teppei better, and it goes the same for Teppei; becoming a huge roundabout way of expressing feelings to one another through mental or verbal contact.

Final Point: Teppei has the ability to understand others. After all he has experienced death and sudden environmental changes. The only problem with Teppei is that, he simply cannot ask directly towards the person. Although, even if, the person does not wish to talk about his or her's past life due to bad experiences, it will promote a further understanding of each other. Teppei isn't really that bad of a guy, he just needs a little support, considering his hometown never had things such as princesses riding around in carriages getting attacked by thugs, an elite rapier swordswoman whom maintains such maturity and eloquence, and a fashion designer, running her own business and taking many initiatives at the opportunities life may lay.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 10:25   Link #1131
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 28
Princess Lover! episode 06 (tentative)
Spoiler for 2chan thread for Princess Lover! episode 06 (tentative):
GUIDELINES / RULES:
- Do NOT spread the 2chan link.
- If you want to quote my post, then please ERASE THE URL.
- If you want to (re)post screenshots from 2chan, then reload them on Imageshack and kindly supply the new links. In other words, do NOT hotlink. Why? It's simple: when the short-lived 2chan threads get junked along with their contents (aka screencaps), the broken urls automatically lead the user to a pageful of adult advertisements, a category of content outlawed by Animesuki's policy on inappropriate material.

Forewarning:
I'll erase the URL in a few hours (at least until the first raw or blog entry appears you-know-where) so, if you want to visit the page later on, save my link somewhere (in your bookmarks or notepad...whatever) while it's still up.


NOTE:
...
We had...the zero-gravity, space-time continuum-defying, panty-straddling black holes.
...
And now...we have the low-altitude, all-weather, body-hugging clouds, scientifically proven to develop and hover around parts of human anatomy NOT complying with society's norms of decency.

Bring on the laughter and sarcasm, ladies and gentlemen.

EDIT: link pre-emptively withdrawn since I won't be there to remove it during the next couple of days. Just keep an eye on the said areas of raw distribution and you'll be rewarded in a couple hours.
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --

Last edited by Renegade334; 2009-08-09 at 17:22. Reason: 2chan link removal.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 10:57   Link #1132
kramerica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Spoiler for ep6:
__________________

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 13:43   Link #1133
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Staff! STAFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Spoiler for ep6:
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 14:44   Link #1134
addict2anime
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Gahhhh fell in love with Seika all over again after this episode x) kekekekeke! I go lol at the censors...
addict2anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 15:07   Link #1135
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Floating white blobs ftw, screw the girls now. Give me more censor!
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 16:21   Link #1136
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Spoiler:
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 19:11   Link #1137
Foreshadow
Nyaa~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 26
The long awaited Party....
Spoiler for ep 6:

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-08-09 at 20:37.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 20:27   Link #1138
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
For some reason, I like that purple-hair, Seika's friend/subordinate.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 20:42   Link #1139
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida

Magical Senshi Maria-chan, apparently airing now.

Viva spinoff!
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 20:51   Link #1140
popsiclestick
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Spoiler:
popsiclestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, romance, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.