AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-04-07, 13:55   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
CSRCS.EXE what is this D:

I downloaded a word file that a fellow student had send to me in an email however when I opened it Comodo asked me permit this csrcs.exe to whether or not it should be allowed to access the internet the icon was a purple round circle with an N written into it, however I have never gotten a message of this program before when opening a word document so I found it suspicious and so I googled it but that is where I get kind of confused because the first link doesn't state the obvious is it a virus or not question instead says its an unknown application that monitors etc. and therefore is dangerous for a certain percentage, other sites state it is part of a worm virus and this is why I'm turning here for advice

So is this a virus/trojan thing that I should get rid of asap or is it actually part of something I have running here

I'll be right back later with a hijack this report if it is needed D:

Spoiler for hijack this:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 14:42   Link #2
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Had the same thing on my old pc. In most cases it's bad, didn't read the exact description but it has something that attackers can access your pc. Do not confuse it with csrss.exe though which is a windows file.

Basically just delete from your windows drive and be sure to reboot your pc afterwards.
Old 2009-04-07, 14:49   Link #3
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

I terminated the process int he cntrl+alt+delete screen, I had indeed both a csrss.exe and the csrcs.exe running however I checked the location that hijack this had noted in system 32 but the exe file isn't there (checked with the hidden files shown ofc) =<

will reboot and if the process is active have hijack this remove it

edit:

alright I managed to remove it, apparently it hides with the "Hide Protected Operating System Files" function D:

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2009-04-07 at 15:08.
Old 2009-04-07, 15:12   Link #4
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

okay Eps nice advice on deleting it but now I have another problem
I rebooted my PC to see if there would be any abnormalities but now windows gives me a message that it can't find CSRCS.EXE
what must I do so that this message will no longer show up at every boot up?

edit:
Alright I managed to remove that reg key with autoruns, the start up message is now gone yayz
so far so good, lets hope it stays that way