AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-05, 19:38   Link #2261
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
She obviously is not telling the adults the whole story. It's just a "personal, jump capable yacht" that will expand the type of ships the club can work with. No need to mention messy details about it being military in origin.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?

Last edited by Sackett; 2012-05-05 at 23:29.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 19:39   Link #2262
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
But still, she's letting civilians, children handle a top-of-the-line military craft whose access has previously been limited to high-level corporations and stellar militaries. Most military types would probably freak out a bit at that..
And so... like in the Bentenmaru... bring in the line:

"What does this button do?"
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 20:45   Link #2263
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Jenny sure changes quickly...goes from her wedding dress to casual clothes, than instantly back to the wedding dress this episode, lol.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 20:56   Link #2264
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Chiaki in a Miko outfit wielding a gun suits her so well
Old 2012-05-05, 21:27   Link #2265
Kitsu Breaker

One more kiss from the canon yuri. I can stop Smile.
This is the best thing ever beside Marika hare,
Old 2012-05-05, 21:31   Link #2266
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
But Marika still needs to have a talk with Mami about her style options. "Pirates" is your theme, girl.
But the dinosaur costume went over so well. I don't think the girl took it off once since the Princess Apricot raid.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 22:04   Link #2267
gaiar31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
But the dinosaur costume went over so well. I don't think the girl took it off once since the Princess Apricot raid.
i think we will see it all in manytime

Mami Great Job!!!
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 22:25   Link #2268
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
I think it was more along the lines of she's keeping it in the Yacht Club hangar at the relay station, and letting the club use it on occasions. It probably took up too much room on Marika's personally owned FTL battlecruiser, and Misa complaining about it was louder than the sound of 5 trillion a year rolling into the coffers, so she had to do something with it.

It is a good thing Marika is equal parts nice, naive and cunning, otherwise the school ground would be littered with craters as she takes out people she doesn't like with an orbital bombardment.
Well, Marika is an honors student i.e. she's not like the other pirate girl named Fam from Last Exile. Marika keeps her activities legal.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 23:14   Link #2269
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Nice ending to this is little arc.

High Schoolgirls blackmailing an old ugly suit wearing oji-san...hmm

Wow, I find it hiliarious that Marika gave the latest military combat fighter craft to the Yach Club. I can't wait for an episode about this it should be full of laughs.
Old 2012-05-06, 00:01   Link #2270
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
somebody should make a demotivational poster of Chiaki weilding the gun scene saying "say hello to my little friend"
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 01:11   Link #2271
00Coyote

Now that I've watched episode 18 a second time, here's my take on the good, the bad and the interesting.
Spoiler for the Bad:
Spoiler for the Good:

Spoiler for the Interesting:
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 01:20   Link #2272
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
Spoiler for the Interesting:
Well, yea. That is pretty much why many of us continue to watch this show. Right guys? *nudge nudge*

By which, the constant question is asked. Given the situation, what will Marika do next? This is by far, the most compelling aspect of this series.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 01:43   Link #2273
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I really don't see the problem with Jenny changing back to her wedding dress. She's on a raid with the cosplay pirates, after all.

What was disappointing: they hinted at a bold plan to deal with the uncle once and for all, but:
- they were surprised when he caught up;
- they had no contingency plan for it;
- they had to be handed the weapon against him by the adults;
- for someone who they say will soon get out and pick up right where he left off, he folded pretty easily.

I expected he'd be caught in shady business, but I wanted it to be serious enough that he'd risk serious prison time for it. And that Jenny would blackmail him into giving up all his shares and position in exchange for a pension and a quiet retirement somewhere that isn't a salt mine.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 02:08   Link #2274
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Glad this arc is over, I thought it was the weakest yet. Can we get the real Bentenmaru crew back? Also, is this where the series goes anime original?
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 02:21   Link #2275
justpassingby

For a start, Robert Dolittle didn't even exist in vol 3 . So whatever scenes that he's in did not happen in the book.

So things that are different from the novel, for this episode at least
Spoiler for F**k you Satelight :P:
For something that airs in midnight Japan, they sure didn't want to show the girls drinking alcohol, and afraid to insert the words "sex orgy", drugs
"Is he gay?" was one of the comment from 2chan during the scene when the girls were discussing about Junay, and the girls called him "Bimyou".

Edit: The scene when Junay was giving his speech reminded me about the earlier stage in Metal Gear Solid 2, where you have to pass the assembly of soldiers just to take pictures of the Ray.

More from Matsumoto Noriyuki. Odette II novel version. So that's how the "single crystal" part looks like.
Spoiler for Odette II:

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-05-12 at 12:29. Reason: so that's how you spell Parka :P
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 04:01   Link #2276
Haak
Forever Alone...

Female empowerment is great and all but do they always have to do it by putting down the other gender? It's just a real killjoy and I thought they were doing pretty well before this episode (Well there were undertones of it in the previous episode but that was nothing compared to this.)
Old 2012-05-06, 07:34   Link #2277
ookamigirl

Marika saving Jenny and her love from a life of misery.
This time even the real crew pitched in.
Jenny's uncle sure is persistent with the pursuit.
Chiaki was just awesome with that gun ^^
Broadcasting the whole thing live was a great idea to change the uncle's mind.

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 07:46   Link #2278
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I really don't see the problem with Jenny changing back to her wedding dress. She's on a raid with the cosplay pirates, after all.
It's not that she changed back into it, it's just that she suddenly was in it as if she'd never taken it off. And that was before they had any plan about boarding anyone, so she didn't have any reason to keep up appearances for at that point.

Besides, she looks a lot better without it and without all the makeup. Ugh.

Quote:
- for someone who they say will soon get out and pick up right where he left off, he folded pretty easily.
You don't announce on live broadcast that you're going to use your political connections to weasel your way out of illegal weapons trafficking and treason charges.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 08:01   Link #2279
gaiar31

Spoiler:

I'm like anime ver. for OdetteII look realistically than novel .

but Bentanmaru and barubarusa I'm like novel ver.
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 08:26   Link #2280
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
You don't announce on live broadcast that you're going to use your political connections to weasel your way out of illegal weapons trafficking and treason charges.
No, you just deny them, denounce the "evidence" as fabrication.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri