AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-14, 03:59   Link #2441
encia
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GMT 10+
Red Squad didn't plan for every eventualities i.e. lacking the proper exit plan e.g. limited to warp 6 speeds or lacking the evasive type piloting skills as shown in DS9 Shattered Mirror i.e. gimped Defiant clone beating a superiour starship via Sisko's skills.

Marika's Yacht club crew was concerned about Bentenmaru's reactors and thier sustained FTL capabilities e.g. Marika trusted Yayio's practical experience, while Red Squad didn't trust Nog's practical experience with the same class 7 warp engines as the Defiant. Red Squad didn't think about the reasons behind the Valiant's limiters i.e. the so-called safeties.

The Yacht club would most likely beat Red Squad in a wargame.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 04:04   Link #2442
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
Quote:
I cooked it up actually. Its a bit of a running gag to come up with references to Star Trek when it comes to MoP, thanks to the nerdgasm that was the 1st 6 episodes, and how Marika has a bit of every Starfleet captain ever to grace the screen.

So what I did was invert the entire MoP premise like the Mirror Universe of Star Trek.
Okay, this is because I really thought it ais would in the anime ... you made me have a false joy (especially because of Chiaki) snif xD
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 06:35   Link #2443
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Yatch Club >>>>>>>> Red Squad. Nuff said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Okay, this is because I really thought it ais would in the anime ... you made me have a false joy (especially because of Chiaki) snif xD
As we always say... there's fanfiction.
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 12:17   Link #2444
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
We have yet to see Chiaki in the outfit she has on in the End Credits.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 12:52   Link #2445
pezzie
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I did find Hilde's actions strange. If she wasn't planning to steal it, why didn't she give it back immediately?
I don't think she knew what it was. She said she had the club president analyze it, if I remember?
pezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 15:18   Link #2446
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
Quote:
As we always say... there's fanfiction.
Ha sorry but I'm new here and so when I came here and I joined it was when you wrote it so ...
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 17:04   Link #2447
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by pezzie View Post
I don't think she knew what it was. She said she had the club president analyze it, if I remember?
She picked it up as it fell. If for some reason she didn't know who it belonged to, all she had to do was call out and ask. She didn't even need to know what it was.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 17:08   Link #2448
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
Grunhilde knew that the ring belonged to Marika she saw him fall and the decision not say right now because I think she probably wanted to do X because well not see her big sister ... Marika and ... But yes why do not you say now? Alore there may be more long waiting longer would the impact at the time of the visit would be great? xD
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 17:18   Link #2449
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Age: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She picked it up as it fell. If for some reason she didn't know who it belonged to, all she had to do was call out and ask. She didn't even need to know what it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Since it is the little sister she Gruier know what that ring was
She knew what the ring was, I have no doubt about it. Which leads me to believe that she was considering doing something drastic regarding the Bentenmaru. It was quite plain that she was jealous of Gruier's relationship with Marika. Fortunately, it appears that she came to her senses before she did anything.

Endless "Jealous actions" Soul
__________________
VF-19 and VF-22S from Macross Plus
Signature by ganbaru
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 17:21   Link #2450
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
Yes it's true it is that she saw too felt this sense of "jealousy" to Marika and so when I saw his hand I knew immediately that this was Grunhilde and then I also thought that she'd probably have something "against" Marika ... But at the end when I saw Grunhilde make the ring I was reassured I confess
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 20:29   Link #2451
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
I would like to expect a great starship race, but I'm fairly sure it will more likely be the dinghy and the Silent Whisper along with other small craft in race (Delta Flyer style).
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 20:35   Link #2452
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
Yes it would be quite as large as the ship Bentenmaru and Barbalussa face the race but yes as you said there are also a great chance that it is more than "small" ship qu'utiliserons people who will run ...
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 21:04   Link #2453
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Ha sorry but I'm new here and so when I came here and I joined it was when you wrote it so ...
Coincidentally, I hold the dubious honour of being the sole fanfic author of Moretsu Pirates on FF.net... and even that is due to be revised...

I may be alone in this effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
We have yet to see Chiaki in the outfit she has on in the End Credits.
I'm not so keen on condemning her to warp core duties just yet. Even La Forge was on the bridge for 1 whole season!

And of course, she needs to be in a lot more stress more often.
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 21:08   Link #2454
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
Quote:
Coincidentally, I hold the dubious honour of being the sole fanfic author of Moretsu Pirates on FF.net... and even that is due to be revised...

I may be alone in this effort.
Yes you're the one who made ​​a Fanfic of Moretsu Pirate masi anime have only just started so I think the other will get out ...
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 21:11   Link #2455
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
That might not be an engineering jumpsuit, but might be what she would normally wear at home...rather than her school uniform that she been wearing everywhere (only the Miko outfit was different...she still had on her uniform when she was cosplaying as Marika earlier in the series).
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 21:15   Link #2456
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
Well after that famous view of the end credits it will never do in the anime ... after this is probably just for the end credits right? If not, well we still have seven episodes for "eventually" see the light of bringing this "mechanic" haha
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 22:27   Link #2457
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Near the end, when the two crews are together, the green haired girl is rather...enthusiastic, about getting Kane back as an advisor. Also from the preview it looks like he took them up on that offer, but changes his look for when they go to the ocean for wind sailing practise. He's going for "cool" I guess. Ai of course is deadly serious as a pilot. But then she was all over that dinghy when they found it. (all the girls are in Speedo style swimsuits, with lifevests for sailing. Kane is also in Speedo.)
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 23:03   Link #2458
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
What???? The man with the sunglasses is Kane?? I admit I thought it was a new character LOOL

Are you sure??? Hahaha If it's really Kane, I do not really recognized it board because of this hair above haha xD
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 23:06   Link #2459
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
I am not sure...with the sunglasses it is hard to tell...But I know of no one else in the story that fits at this time.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 23:09   Link #2460
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
Hahaha ok and it may just be it a new character but yes for sure it is a great chance that will be therefore know that Kane made ​​a new haircut for the occasion? Hahaha and if it's a new character, well it's no worse short episode we'll see in next
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.