AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-14, 17:38   Link #381
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh, the title of the thread has been changed! Mini-skirt space pirates was a very misleading title (even if it's not it's inherently wrong). My expectations were completely erroneous because of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Just finished watching Ep. 2 myself, and I continue to be pleasantly impressed by this series:

Spoiler for Ep. 2 commentary:
I appreciate that as well. In any other anime, Marika would have become the new captain at the end of the first episode, either for a superficial reason like "Pirates are cool" or because she wouldn't have been given any choice in the first place.

Instead she gets to choose her own path, with her mother only making sure she knows what signing up for entails before making a decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
Just finished episode 02

Spoiler for My Throughts on Episode 02:
I loved it too. That girl's got her priorities straight. Chiaki's such a cool and mysterious character. Can't wait to learn more about her. Her motivations are rather obscure so far.
Old 2012-01-14, 18:32   Link #382
Kyuu
=^^=

Beam guns have recoil? I LOL'd.

And yep, these first batch of episodes dedicated to Marika's learning process. Makes ya wanna look forward to the space stuff, huh? Anyways, nothing forced. Everything just flowing one step to the next.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 18:48   Link #383
Kirarakim

I am still really enjoying this series. I liked Chiaki from the first episode but Marika won me over in this one...she certainly is decisive. I like how she took charge of the situation at the end.

And yes I appreciate that there really isn't any blatant fanservice. I hope that trend continues.

Favorite part was probably between Marika & her mom in the car. It was just very sweet and you could tell they have a close relationship which I appreciate.
Old 2012-01-14, 18:50   Link #384
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
You know, I'm sold for this anime with just this one exchange: "You know why pirates boarding other ships take guns? To impress. 90% of the time, the fight is won before the first trigger is pulled."
That was my favorite part of the ep.

Had no idea Kurihara saved her parfait as well, that was awesome. Ah every daughter needs to have their mother show them how to shoot a gun. Lol the girl's school owns a legendary pirate ship. Marika's decisiveness is a perfect trait for being a captain.
Old 2012-01-14, 18:59   Link #385
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
You know you're badass when you can make eating a parfait look so cool !

Really liked this episode, especialy how even if it's an amateur club a lot of the girls seem to somewhat know what they're doing,the reboot sequence was cool.

I really had a "oh crap I have to wait a week?" feeling when the credits started rolling.
Old 2012-01-14, 19:26   Link #386
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm enjoying this series - the characters are likable, and Satelight as much as any studio really has a visual style that shows off the talent and love of its individual artists. But there's really not much "bodacious" about it yet. For a show about pirates it's amazingly vanilla so far, including the pirates we've met. I'm fine with a slow buildup, but I'm just about ready for a little swashbuckling.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 20:13   Link #387
Julio C

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post

Had no idea Kurihara saved her parfait as well, that was awesome. Ah every daughter needs to have their mother show them how to shoot a gun. Lol the girl's school owns a legendary pirate ship. Marika's decisiveness is a perfect trait for being a captain.
Except that none of the girls know that it's a pirate ship especially Marika. That was great episode. I really like that the show is not getting rushed at all. The pacing was perfect and I hope they don't rush things by introducing too many characters at once.

This might become my premier show once Last Exile ends.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 20:23   Link #388
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Except that none of the girls know that it's a pirate ship especially Marika. That was great episode. I really like that the show is not getting rushed at all. The pacing was perfect and I hope they don't rush things by introducing too many characters at once.

I almost expected Kurihara to tell Marika when she asked why anyone would care about a girl's school's spaceship. I wonder what will happen to this ship after we progress forward to the Bentenmaru.
Old 2012-01-14, 20:41   Link #389
Julio C

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I'll probably be use as pirate ship at some point.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 20:58   Link #390
Akarin

Madoka and Marika are competing for best girl of the season.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 21:52   Link #391
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Kurihara: Save the waitress, save the choco parfait.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 22:02   Link #392
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

2 beam guns that dose that much damage for self defense
Old 2012-01-14, 22:25   Link #393
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I almost expected Kurihara to tell Marika when she asked why anyone would care about a girl's school's spaceship. I wonder what will happen to this ship after we progress forward to the Bentenmaru.
I wonder if Chiaka knows herself the history of the ship? Kane didn't until he checked up right before hand. As for the ship itself, I think it might be fitted out as an axillary for the Bentenmaru.
Old 2012-01-14, 22:41   Link #394
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
I wonder if Chiaka knows herself the history of the ship? Kane didn't until he checked up right before hand. As for the ship itself, I think it might be fitted out as an axillary for the Bentenmaru.
I'm not sure, it just felt like she knew from her silence at some points in that conversation. I wouldn't be surprised either she seems to know more than most of the other characters at this point.
Old 2012-01-14, 22:42   Link #395
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Beam guns have recoil? I LOL'd.
If it fires with mass its not a laser. It's a particle beam weapon.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 23:33   Link #396
DangerMouse

So much has been said already this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I appreciate that as well. In any other anime, Marika would have become the new captain at the end of the first episode, either for a superficial reason like "Pirates are cool" or because she wouldn't have been given any choice in the first place.

Instead she gets to choose her own path, with her mother only making sure she knows what signing up for entails before making a decision.

I loved it too. That girl's got her priorities straight. Chiaki's such a cool and mysterious character. Can't wait to learn more about her. Her motivations are rather obscure so far.
Totally agree, I'm really appreciating this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I am still really enjoying this series. I liked Chiaki from the first episode but Marika won me over in this one...she certainly is decisive. I like how she took charge of the situation at the end.

And yes I appreciate that there really isn't any blatant fanservice. I hope that trend continues.

Favorite part was probably between Marika & her mom in the car. It was just very sweet and you could tell they have a close relationship which I appreciate.
Yeah that was great how she did, and the scenes with her and her mom were excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post

Totally agree, I'm really enjoying how they are attacking the character arcs and dishing out the details of the highly developed setting, the pacing has been great, it's been pulling me in really naturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post

Had no idea Kurihara saved her parfait as well, that was awesome.

Ah every daughter needs to have their mother show them how to shoot a gun. Lol the girl's school owns a legendary pirate ship. Marika's decisiveness is a perfect trait for being a captain.
Heh, I also had no idea she did that.

Spot on on all of that.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 23:41   Link #397
peachfuzz

first 2 episodes are Average but Interesting it looks like the Main character is Accepting her Fate as Captain
peachfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 23:43   Link #398
Utsuro no Hako

Given the way she saved that parfait, I have to assume that Chiaki is descended from the legendary pirate captain Kyouko of the Wagnaria Maru.

Now I want a picture of the Wagnaria staff dressed as space pirates.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 00:18   Link #399
Dark Wing

I think ever Mother should teach her child how to fire a gun at least once in her life...wish my mom was that cool.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2012-01-15 at 00:36.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 00:24   Link #400
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Mini-skirt space pirates, with no panty flashes kinda misleading

So far this series is boring but ill keep at it since i dont think this show will really start until she becomes captain.

Is this a 2 cour series, cause i think 1 cour will just be too short for this anime

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri