AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-21, 16:40   Link #541
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.

I wonder why they let Chiaki-chan wear her old school uniform? From an in-universe perspective, I mean; as opposed to the producers wanting to give her a different look.
Old 2012-01-21, 16:46   Link #542
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
I wonder why they let Chiaki-chan wear her old school uniform? From an in-universe perspective, I mean; as opposed to the producers wanting to give her a different look.
It's a tradition. New transfer students are often shown wearing their old school's uniforms. The idea is that they haven't yet received uniforms for their new school. There's a trope for that.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 16:57   Link #543
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Once again, this show is the most anticipated of those on my watchlist.

Biggest thing that I loved about this episode is that they got a lot of things right. They had the girls tie their hair back before going out on the spacewalk and they actually had space as being silent. And I loved Marika realizing that space is really really big. I also liked how it shows that research was done with their course, and using a large planet and its gravity as a slingshot to return them home while conserving a lot of their propellant and power.

It was also nice to hear Marika call Chiaki "Chiaki-chan", although she said to drop the -chan(does this mean Chiaki wants Marika to call her by her name without an honorific or does this mean she wants the more formal -san honorific?)

Those pirates sure love their beer(in Kane's case) and wine(Misa and Ririka). Ririka didn't get much screentime this episode, but it is always a pleasure to see her. I also liked the little Celtic-sounding BGM as they launched the Odette II. And looks like things are starting to ramp up with the preivew for episode 4. I loved this episode, and I think the pacing is just about perfect. This episode gets a 10/10 from me.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 17:33   Link #544
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
Biggest thing that I loved about this episode is that they got a lot of things right. They had the girls tie their hair back before going out on the spacewalk and they actually had space as being silent. And I loved Marika realizing that space is really really big. I also liked how it shows that research was done with their course, and using a large planet and its gravity as a slingshot to return them home while conserving a lot of their propellant and power.
If we want to go there, then isn't it interesting how their sutits were so tight. I mean their suits were presurised and space is a void (kind of). That's one tight suit to mold to the body like that under those circumstances.
Old 2012-01-21, 17:39   Link #545
CWW
Lurker

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

I didn't think anyone could make space boring, but this episode did it. Just get on that ship already and do some buccaneering, girl! I thought maybe they'd introduce an antagonist, like whoever's trying to hack into the ship, but that went nowhere. It needs some direction and fast. If not this will be one helluva example of false advertising.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 17:46   Link #546
totoum
Oppai warrior

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

I didn't think anyone could make space boring, but this episode did it.
If you find this boring then I wonder what you makes of 2001 a space odyssey
Old 2012-01-21, 17:47   Link #547
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

I didn't think anyone could make space boring, but this episode did it. Just get on that ship already and do some buccaneering, girl! I thought maybe they'd introduce an antagonist, like whoever's trying to hack into the ship, but that went nowhere. It needs some direction and fast. If not this will be one helluva example of false advertising.
Dunno what you're expecting but I wouldn't expect this to go any further then comic relief with "excitment" factor. It's well made though. CG are nice too.
Old 2012-01-21, 17:49   Link #548
CWW
Lurker

Well, I was kind of expecting a combination of action, space and pirates, since it's called Bodacious Space Pirates.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 18:08   Link #549
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Dunno what you're expecting but I wouldn't expect this to go any further then comic relief with "excitment" factor. It's well made though. CG are nice too.
The OP is poorly suited for a show where nothing exciting happens. If you're correct I'll call false advertising.

The slow start is beginning to get to me, now that we're three episodes in. I'm willing to give them more time, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't starting to bug me.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 18:16   Link #550
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I found this week's episode pretty boring as well. The hacking led to nothing and not much else happened in this episode. What's worse, we can't even praise this show for not having fanservice anymore! Not that it bothers me.
Old 2012-01-21, 18:17   Link #551
justpassingby

PV1 shows mostly novel 1 (even with the sword duel). I don't expect it to be anything else
Old 2012-01-21, 18:21   Link #552
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Stop believing in advertising, lol!! Seriously in what age do you think you live in...
Old 2012-01-21, 18:45   Link #553
scr
my sides are in orbit

Was expecting PEW PEW LAZERS space duel, but I guess you need to be able to fix your ship before you take her on a crazy ride.

No character development for the other girls, either ._.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 19:43   Link #554
Dawnstorm

When I saw those girls drift through space in their skin-tight colourful suits, I thought:

Space Opera? Space Ballet!

I actually like the slow pace.

"Chan ja nai!" - *Ganbatte, Kurihara san." (You're stuck with it.)
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 20:03   Link #555
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
If we want to go there, then isn't it interesting how their sutits were so tight. I mean their suits were presurised and space is a void (kind of). That's one tight suit to mold to the body like that under those circumstances.
What you don't know about the next generation space suit being developed? The Bio Suit is designed for free movement in space or on bodies like the moon or Mars.

ReddyRedWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 22:19   Link #556
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Those spacesuits really bring out the butt
Old 2012-01-21, 23:08   Link #557
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

no way i dont believe it!

Did they really waste a whole episode on launching a ship and fixing a mast........
Old 2012-01-21, 23:09   Link #558
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
What you don't know about the next generation space suit being developed? The Bio Suit is designed for free movement in space or on bodies like the moon or Mars.

Kamen Rider Fourze!?
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 23:24   Link #559
Midonin
Last Engage

Yes. Kane's suit had the same color scheme, but far less hyper retro futuristic gadgetry. Though if a giant, arm-mounted rocket decided to appear in this show, I can't say I would be opposed.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 00:16   Link #560
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm not so much bothered by the slow pace, but by the fact that the series isn't really doing all that much with it. If you're going for character-driven, give us some character drama - but so far it's emotionally safe. If you're going for a sexy show about teen girls as space pirates, give us something sexy - but so far it's sanitized for your protection. If you're going to screwball, give us some comedy - but so far it's extremely low-key.

I like the series - it looks fantastic, it's dignified and pretty smart. But too much playing it safe - It isn't willing to commit itself to actually being anything, really.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri