AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2008-07-11, 16:01   Link #1
Dorfl

Mana Khemia ~Alchemists of Al-Revis~

There's no thread about this, am I the only who's played it? Mana-Khemia is an RPG from Gust that came out last year (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mana_Khemia) with a sequel that came out just a few weeks ago (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mana-Khemia_2)

Gameplay-wise, think Atelier Iris 3, set in a school with courses and assignments and stuff. It's more fun than it sounds, really. They managed to capture all the tediousness and none of the fun of real school -__- Also Alchemy was far, far too easy. For a student alchemist you must be pretty talented because you never fail at any recipe you have to make. The very possibility doesn't even exist.

I did enjoy the characters though. Some of them, anyway. Getting to know them over the course of the "years" was kinda fun, though I ended up with the Vayne ending because I couldn't choose. For that alone I would play the game again, way later in the future. One thing though: I HATE FLAY.

The battle system was pretty interesting too. Not as piss-easy as Ar Tonelico, thank goodness, but not too challenging either. I liked being able to switch members in and out at any moment - come in, spam special attacks, run out of SP, go out to recharge. Rinse and repeat for the win.

All in all I wish they'd made Ar Tonelico 3 or Atelier Something instead of this game, but it could have been worse. Can we get back to the main series now?
Old 2008-07-11, 16:22   Link #2
Elvin

This was a decent game, good for passing the time even though it had only like 10 min of actual story. The first Atelier Iris bored me to tears so I haven't checked out the others, and I'm crossing my fingers for an Ar Tonelico 2 release.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 18:28   Link #3
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Fun game, I enjoyed this game thoroughly, and OMG Anna ooozes of Moeness. And her scenes with the main char was so full of sexual innuendos it was hilarious.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 15:00   Link #4
Dorfl

Sexual innuendos? I didn't notice a thing. I guess Gust finally learned how to be subtle *cough*Ar Tonelico*cough*
Old 2008-07-12, 16:25   Link #5
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Remember when
Spoiler for :
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 18:09   Link #6
Dorfl

Oh yeah, that. It was so pointless and uncalled for that I blocked it out of my mind. I thought crude gags like that went out with the dinosaurs.
Old 2008-09-02, 22:35   Link #7
NekoPanda
~*~Moe Character~*~

Send a message via AIM to NekoPanda Send a message via MSN to NekoPanda Send a message via Yahoo to NekoPanda
I believe i've had more fun playing this game than any other. i try other games but i always come back to rpg's and this is the one i havent beat yet.
One day tho. lol wish i had more time. who else thinks the story should have had more?
I also think we need pictures and stuff for it. >.>
<.<
im cosplaying Jessica, cause well... she's so adorable.
Never give up. You'll find Eternal Memory... because it's always been there and always will be."
~quote by Me... Kristin Druan~
NekoPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 05:40   Link #8
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
I would never understand NIS America for changing the Name of some Character >_>
Philomel Hartung -> Jessica Philomel
Gunnar Damn -> Flay Gunnar

Well... I hope they will not change anything on Mana Khemia 2... Especially the name of Enartia and Etward...
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 07:34   Link #9
Elvin

The changed naming wasn't so bad if you pretended that they were all refering to eachother by their last names.
Old 2008-09-04, 21:45   Link #10
Kresnik
Anti-Hero

Where can I registered to be a ghost..? Pamela is cute and scary, indeed.
Kresnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 22:50   Link #11
Elvin

I don't think they're taking applications at the moment :<
I've only done the Jess ending, hate how you have to redo the last dungeon over and over again... Could be worse I though I guess
Old 2008-09-05, 00:02   Link #12
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I still can't believe how I spent 120 bucks for the game, guide and the figure (stupid NISAmerica didn't give me an email that the limited edition was on sale, so I missed it then), and yet I haven't even so much opened the game yet.

And now I realize, Mana Khemia 2 would probably be the 2nd unannounced game that RPGFan hinted NISAmerica is working on. But considering that their 1st then unannounced game (Ar Tonelico 2) is coming out in December, I don't think MK2 will be coming out this year. Which is a shame really, as I would really like to play that game, as finally Gust puts in an osana-najimi character. 2 out of the 3 Iris games had one, Ar Tonelico 1 and 2 had it, and so I was a bit surprised MK1 did NOT have a childhood character. >_>

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 00:13   Link #13
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

I enjoy playing this game....

But I don't understand why they gave the name of the characters different with the Japanese one....
Since I play with japanese voice it's kinda confusing when they call the name of some people.....

And.... since the ending decided by taking one(or some?) choice(s) before the final battle, so that means we can get different ending, right?
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 00:30   Link #14
gold_orb
disrespectful heckler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
I enjoy playing this game....

But I don't understand why they gave the name of the characters different with the Japanese one....
Since I play with japanese voice it's kinda confusing when they call the name of some people.....

And.... since the ending decided by taking one(or some?) choice(s) before the final battle, so that means we can get different ending, right?
there are 7 good endings and one bad/normal ending.
gold_orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 01:13   Link #15
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

This may be futile, but is there a pic out there of Anna in her "adult" form?
Old 2008-09-05, 06:16   Link #16
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
I don't think they're taking applications at the moment :<
I've only done the Jess ending, hate how you have to redo the last dungeon over and over again... Could be worse I though I guess
Mana Khemia 2 : How to do All Endings
- Play New Game + 6 Times in a Row [(First Scenario, Second Scenario, True Route)x6]
Example : Rose - Ulrika - True > Liliane - Chloe - True > Eto - Ena - True etc...
- Do All Character Quest in order to be able to talk with him/her in the Final Chapter of each Scenario (5 Character Quest for Eto in order to talk with her and get her ending etc)
Old 2008-09-05, 13:50   Link #17
Elvin

What's kept in the newgame+ mode?
Old 2008-09-06, 01:07   Link #18
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Money, Encyclopedia, and your "levels"
Old 2008-09-06, 01:44   Link #19
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Quote:
in MK2 : Money, AP (but you need to respend everything in the Growbook since it's set back to 0), Stats (Only if you used Stats Items like Youghful Fruit or ATK Fruit etc...), Encyclopedia, Items (Included Key Items but set to 0) (All Items and material item and quantity too), All Equipment, Growbook (but you need to respend all AP)
Old 2008-09-06, 18:24   Link #20
Dorfl

Needing to respend all AP is pretty pointless, really. I was hoping respending it would double my stats, e.g. if I had 1000 HP I'd get 2000, so that by my 10th New Game+ I'd be a god with 10,000HP, but nooooo.