AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2009-04-08, 17:55   Link #1
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Problem with BitTorrent (After Setting up a new Router)

I recently set up a new router because the other one was getting pretty old . Everything works fine, except for when I'm downloading torrents. The speed of the torrent would start out fine, but after ~5-10 minutes, the speed slowly and slowly goes down (example, goes from a constant rate of ~350 KiB/s to around a constant rate of 50 KiB/s). Also it seems to use more of my bandwidth.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem?
I do not have this problem when using DDL and IRC.
Tested with uTorrent (wine) and Deluge

Thanks for any help~
Rawgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 22:01   Link #2
mit7059

You're probably having port forwarding issues. Look for a guide on setting up your router for bittorrent, probably just search the brand and bittorrent setup or port forwarding into google.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 22:19   Link #3
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit7059 View Post
You're probably having port forwarding issues. Look for a guide on setting up your router for bittorrent, probably just search the brand and bittorrent setup or port forwarding into google.
I already have done port fowarding. Forgot to mention that in my opening post.

Thanks for the help though.
Rawgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 20:40   Link #4
Justin Kim
*Artist

Yeah check all your ports. In addition, it may not be your routers fault at some times as well. Maybe the lack of seeders or trackers upon the torrent you are downloading is very low. Hence, the health of the torrent is low. Other than that, if you have a shared connection with someone constantly using the computer, that will slow it down as well. Another case is usually the amount of people online downloading the same torrent you are. So, I would primarily base that off of internet trafficking.
Old 2009-04-15, 07:54   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawgers View Post
I already have done port fowarding. Forgot to mention that in my opening post.
Check to make sure that the IP address the router assigned to the torrenting computer actually matches your port-forwarding rule. Most people use "DHCP" to obtain an address automatically at boot. Getting the same address each time isn't guaranteed, and some routers like my Linksys don't enable you to force the router to give the same address to a specific machine.

One alternative is to use the torrent client's uPnP facility to communicate with the router. That sometimes works better for port-forwarding.

The best solution is to use the computer's configuration tools to assign the network adapter a "static" IP address. Give the computer a fixed address in the default address block (usually 192.168.1.1-254) and set the port forwarding rules to use that address.
Old 2009-04-15, 08:34   Link #6
idont

(a) make sure you have the latest firmware.

(b) check the website dslreports.com for similar issues others have with the same router.
idont is offline   Reply With Quote