AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2008-12-10, 05:39   Link #1
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

uTorrent and Netgear WGR614v6

Guys and girls, I have a problem with uTorrent connecting to the internet after I installed the Netgear WGR614v6 router. I am getting a fail connection whenever i try to check if the port is working. I know I have to forward a port but for some reason the issue is still there. I don't think I am stuffing the port forwarding but maybe. I have followed the steps on portforward.com but it has done anything. Do I need a static ip because I have a dynamic ip on optus. By the way my modem is speedstream 4200

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 09:24   Link #2
Kyushi

I had a lot of trouble with Netgear and port forwarding, I had the same issue with mine awhile back and I was forced to switch to a UPnP router by D-Link. I would forward the port but when I went to test the ports it would fail, no matter what I did. All I can say is forward the listening port you chose for TCP and one for UDP. Is you're firmware up to date from netgear's website?. I'm sure some other people with some more experience might be able to help you more then I did. But if you want my opinion I would switch to a UPnP router, that way it forwards the ports and everything for you so you don't run into these issues in the future.

I hope ya get you're problem fixed , I will do a little research and see if I can find any way to help.
Kyushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 01:49   Link #3
Kamon Sama

This is very interesting actually, I have the excat same problem as the OP. I believe we have the same modem, though my router is the v2. Regardless, I have the same issue, even if I forward my ports properly, static IP and all, it doesn't seem to do anything.
Sadly in my case, buying a new router isn't in the cards right now.
Kamon Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 06:50   Link #4
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

same with me

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 12:27   Link #5
Ehko
its a boy :o

Your port forwarding the same ports (in - out is same port) on both the modem and the router correct?

You normally (not always) do need to give the router a static IP in order for port forward to work and should try it before saying it doesn't work.

If it continues and you believe it's the Netgear firmware, you could try putting dd-wrt on it ( http://www.dd-wrt.com/ ) which I can from experience say is not faulty firmware and works fine with port forwarding.

Ehko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 19:57   Link #6
AceD
See You En' Tee

i always had same probs to with my netgear, but then when i got a Killer NIC, i disabled all the routers security since a KillerNIC has its own firewall, since i set utorrent to pass through that ive had no problems

5351 UDP
1900 UDP
6771 UDP
*your port for incomming connections in torrent options * TCP/UDP

there the utorrent ports that pass through my NIC's firewall, try adding them to your router settings
Old 2009-03-29, 11:35   Link #7
lixuelai

The Netgear WGR614 is notorious for sucking for torrenting...and pretty much anything else. I had 4 go out on me. Spend like $30 or so and get a DD-WRT compatible router or go the extra mile to get a Dlink Gaming or DIR-655/825/855 router and watch your torrents fly. I have a DIR-825 and I sometimes have 20 or so torrents running with no connection drops etc. It is around $80 or so.
lixuelai is offline   Reply With Quote