AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-09, 19:35   Link #3001
MarthX

The anime has been leaving out holes in Beatrice's red.

Not saying that nobody was hiding in the room.
Not saying that everyone died instantly and the person who killed them were in the room with them.
Old 2009-10-09, 19:56   Link #3002
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well as long as they don't butcher the "Golden Land" troll ending I can live with most of the othery butchery, considering it's the lead-up into Ange and Ep4.

That said, Ange better have an awesome intro at the end!
Old 2009-10-09, 19:58   Link #3003
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's completely different circumstances, we didn't have 1 chapter of the VN to read and than discuss about for an entire week. Also I don't know about you but I wouldn't touch a VN thread until I'm done with it since not everyone is at the same place. With the anime though everyone "new" to it are seeing the same thing, if you can't see why DEEN left it out than lol... VN it didn't matter so much since you keep going and going and going and immerse yourself into it. With the anime it would've been picked apart and figured out straight away since they have 1 week to think about it. And if they don't figure it out straight away they can always refer back the previous episode thread/discussion and go back to it and have another week to figure it out.

What would be the time passage from the North Wind mention in the VN up to Beato's change of heart? 60-90 minutes of reading maybe? (I'm just guessing) If it took place in the anime it would be what.. like 4 minutes lol? Who the hell couldn't link those two events together in that time frame?

If you give them the North Wind on a platter with a wiki link included than lol... just lol.. imo that's far worse a spoiler than some things people have been banned for since it affects one of the crowning moments of Umineko. Please take into account the differences of the two mediums and the forms of discussion before just going "Us VN players had it!". Yeah we had it, we also had like a 6-8+ hours of reading to go after it as well as no need to stop due to weekly installments. You tell me who's more likely to get fooled by Beato's troll..

a) person who reads the rest of the vn for the next 8 hours straight (or 4 hours each the next two days or whatever) and doesn't discuss it online due to spoilers
B) person who watches 20 minute episodes for the next 3 weeks and talks about events in episode threads.

Not to mention I always thought it was strange that Virgilla even gave her a hint in the first place, not having this scene makes her turn even better too.
While I do agree that I didn't take the difference of medium into account when I claimed that we too knew of the North Wind and Sun Strategy, I don't believe it's far worse of a spoiler than other things I've seen in the discussions as you do. My whole point was that forcefully removing the mention of the strategy is unnecessary, and your preceding post gave me the impression that you wanted it removed for the sole purpose of keeping the anime only viewers in the dark for amusement, so I apologize for that. Well we make look at the situation differently, but in the end it looks like Klash didn't find the mention inappropriate or anything. Like Jan-Poo said, it has been put under a spoiler tag as well, so those people who look under it are probably the kinds of people who intentionally hunt for Umineko spoilers anyways.
Old 2009-10-10, 07:57   Link #3004
Volcanic
fire of fires

Aw man, Swindle's gonna be crazy rushed...same as II-VI. Maybe a little better, though...

On the other hand, I may seem stupid here, but I'm happy the gun duels are getting an entire episode. Kyrie's thoughts on her miscarriage are probably pretty important to Battler's past, and these scenes are some of the most memorable in the series, in my opinion.

...Still sucks on rushing the last episode again though. I hope they don't do that to IV-VIII too.
Old 2009-10-10, 08:00   Link #3005
Leinne
Who... am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanic View Post
Aw man, Swindle's gonna be crazy rushed...same as II-VI. Maybe a little better, though...

On the other hand, I may seem stupid here, but I'm happy the gun duels are getting an entire episode. Kyrie's thoughts on her miscarriage are probably pretty important to Battler's past, and these scenes are some of the most memorable in the series, in my opinion.

...Still sucks on rushing the last episode again though. I hope they don't do that to IV-VIII too.
IV-VIII will surely be just the tea parties, they can't do it any other way. This will mean they'll cut some of Ange's backstory, not many people will complain
Old 2009-10-10, 08:21   Link #3006
Serpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinne View Post
IV-VIII will surely be just the tea parties, they can't do it any other way. This will mean they'll cut some of Ange's backstory, not many people will complain
I fully expect that they can and will stuff the tea parties into half of an episode. Possibly put Piece-Battler's little exploration before the break at best.
Old 2009-10-10, 09:14   Link #3007
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpit View Post
I fully expect that they can and will stuff the tea parties into half of an episode. Possibly put Piece-Battler's little exploration before the break at best.
I was afraid I'd be the only one to think of this.

Obviously, this cuts dramatically on the emotion, but in terms of just the plot, it's easily doable to stuff Ange's sacrifice, Piece-Battler's exploration adventure, and the tea parties all in one episode. Maybe even Battler's sin and Beato's Golden Land.
Old 2009-10-10, 09:56   Link #3008
mizou
Observer

2 questions
do you think that we will be able to see the gold flowers ( golden land ) on the final episode of III?
and I wonder if there will be the ' cat to bernkastel ' transformation scene on the begining of IV ?
Old 2009-10-10, 10:01   Link #3009
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizou View Post
2 questions
do you think that we will be able to see the gold flowers ( golden land ) on the final episode of III?
and I wonder if there will be the ' cat to bernkastel ' transformation scene on the begining of IV ?
Well they better do the Golden Land. One of the best scenes in the SN, and pretty much sums up the entirety of Ep3. In a way Ep3 and partially Ep4 will make no snese without it.
Old 2009-10-10, 10:03   Link #3010
MarthX

I'm sure the Golden Land at the end of Banquet will look the same as the one for Eva's ceremony. Just with more people since the family and servants will be there.

I think they'll show that.
Old 2009-10-10, 10:04   Link #3011
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well they better do the Golden Land. One of the best scenes in the SN, and pretty much sums up the entirety of Ep3. In a way Ep3 and partially Ep4 will make no snese without it.

The Golden Land will obviously be in it. However, since Jessica and Ghost!Kanon are in the same episode, my guess is the Golden Land will be just long enough for right before the commercial break. In other words, just like invincible Rosa.
Old 2009-10-10, 10:09   Link #3012
MarthX

It is a short scene. Talking with the family and servants there will probably be cut and they'll go straight to wanting Battler to sign.
Old 2009-10-10, 10:17   Link #3013
Serpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post
I was afraid I'd be the only one to think of this.

Obviously, this cuts dramatically on the emotion, but in terms of just the plot, it's easily doable to stuff Ange's sacrifice, Piece-Battler's exploration adventure, and the tea parties all in one episode. Maybe even Battler's sin and Beato's Golden Land.
Wasn't Battler sin before the super-long future Ange scene though? I think they'll end the previous episode with Ange confronting Beato in her Golden Land, then start the final one with the destruction of it, followed by Ange's sacrifice, and then the tea parties. Obviously, doing the Golden Land stuff in the previous episode and leaving more time for Ange's sacrifice, it would be better, but I'm not optimistic anymore.
Old 2009-10-10, 10:19   Link #3014
MarthX

It's hard to predict how they will pace EP4. The first 1/3 is so slow. Are they going to speed through it or take their time? It's important but not that interesting. How fast they go through the Ange and Maria parts will determine the quality of the rest of the EP.
Old 2009-10-10, 10:19   Link #3015
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpit View Post
Wasn't Battler sin before the super-long future Ange scene though? I think they'll end the previous episode with Ange confronting Beato in her Golden Land, then start the final one with the destruction of it, followed by Ange's sacrifice, and then the tea parties.
Ah yes, I forgot about when that scene happened. In that case, yeah, your estimate seems about right.
Old 2009-10-10, 10:31   Link #3016
mizou
Observer

since III will have 7 episodes, and there'll be 26 episodes
IV will count 9 episodes .. GREAT !! slow rythm
more dramatic rosa/maria scenes !! yatta
Old 2009-10-10, 10:33   Link #3017
MarthX

IV will have 8

5 + 6 + 7 + 8 = 26
Old 2009-10-10, 10:36   Link #3018
mizou
Observer

xD I must review my math !!
Old 2009-10-10, 10:38   Link #3019
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
It's hard to predict how they will pace EP4. The first 1/3 is so slow. Are they going to speed through it or take their time? It's important but not that interesting. How fast they go through the Ange and Maria parts will determine the quality of the rest of the EP.
Ange-Maria scenes should take 2 1/2th episodes. The last half of the 3rd episode can already get to Rokkenjima and the start of the 1st twilight.

Sig by nocco
Old 2009-10-10, 10:45   Link #3020
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Ange-Maria scenes should take 2 1/2th episodes. The last half of the 3rd episode can already get to Rokkenjima and the start of the 1st twilight.
Speaking of the first twilight, I hope they do Goldsmith's crazy eyes well. DEEN's dilated pupils just don't scare me as much as Ryu07's empty eyes.
Closed Thread