AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-14, 13:05   Link #3061
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ImaginaryLand
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
My point is they are choosing to remove a lot of scenes yet they're keeping all the slap scenes.
Kids will watch and see someone die and think it's just like a video game.
But I think those kind of scenes actually do promote violence.
Ummm... since when were kids supposed to watch Umineko in the first place?

Besides... the death promotes violence more than a slapping scene... video game-like or not.
__________________

momobunny is offline  
Old 2009-10-14, 13:09   Link #3062
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Ummm... since when were kids supposed to watch Umineko in the first place?

Besides... the death promotes violence more than a slapping scene... video game-like or not.
inorite. Only people that know about anime will actually watch Umineko out of Japan and considering that Umineko airs 1:30am in Japan little kids shouldn't be able to see it anyway.

And I agree - in the two instances with Beato and Evatrice they were being crazy and deserved a good wake up slap. Maria is the only one I don't agree with because there are other ways to handle a child having a tantrum than slapping them. Of course, there are people who disagree with that so.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-10-14, 13:10   Link #3063
Ssol
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Ummm... since when were kids supposed to watch Umineko in the first place?

Besides... the death promotes violence more than a slapping scene... video game-like or not.
Kids watch this show.

Someone getting killed by a magical arrow is pure fantasy.
Women getting slapped every episode has a realistic element that I think can be detrimental. If it were to happen once or twice I don't it wouldn't be that bad. My point again is why they are choosing to show every slap scene when they have the chance.
__________________
[...]
Ssol is offline  
Old 2009-10-14, 13:14   Link #3064
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ImaginaryLand
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Kids watch this show.

Someone getting killed by a magical arrow is pure fantasy.
Women getting slapped every episode has a realistic element that I think can be deterinmental. If it were to happen once or twice I don't it would be that bad. My point again is why they are choosing to show every slap scene when they have the chance.
That's on them. A series that's rated 17+ shouldn't cater to the little kids who watch it when they shouldn't. (Also... some kids are mature enough to handle these scenes without automatically thinking "Duuur he slapped a girl so im gunna go out and slap gurls two!!1 eVen if its unpruvocked!!1". )

The women are doing terrible things that are faaaaaar worse than a slap here or there. Not hitting them just because they're women, could be seen as insulting to some actually. It goes into this whole double standards, unfair, old times kind of discussion.
__________________

momobunny is offline  
Old 2009-10-14, 13:14   Link #3065
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Kids watch this show.

Someone getting killed by a magical arrow is pure fantasy.
Women getting slapped every episode has a realistic element that I think can be detrimental. If it were to happen once or twice I don't it wouldn't be that bad. My point again is why they are choosing to show every slap scene when they have the chance.
The slap scenes aren't just to show slapping there IS a point to them.

Maria is slapped by Rosa because the latter gets pissed at her uu-ing. That scene is needed because it ends up with Rosa leaving Maria alone, thus giving Beatrice a chance to give Maria the letter.

Beato is slapped by Battler because she's laughing at all the deaths and it shows that Battler has gotten so fed up with her that he's resorting to physical violence (okay first instance was smashing her head on the table but)

Evatrice gets slapped because Hideyoshi thinks Eva is out of line, calling herself Beatrice like a nutjob (and he does say that he thinks she's gone insane because of the gold). Besides, do you think Evatrice would really listen to Hideyoshi if he didn't do something so drastic to catch her attention? She would have just ignored him and continue her endless killing of Rudolf and Kyrie.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-10-14, 13:15   Link #3066
Escargotage
I want to believe.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 24
Spoiler for Bonk!:


<_<

>_>
__________________
Escargotage is offline  
Old 2009-10-14, 13:15   Link #3067
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escargotage View Post
Spoiler for Bonk!:


<_<

>_>
Hideyoshi is the best character ever prove me wrong B)~~

She still deserved it.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-10-14, 13:16   Link #3068
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ImaginaryLand
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escargotage View Post
Spoiler for Bonk!:


<_<

>_>
I love Hideyoshi now. X3
__________________

momobunny is offline  
Old 2009-10-14, 13:29   Link #3069
Ssol
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Halfway through writing my response I remembered that there is no point to making my argument because no one would agree with me on this forum.

Oh well, they did the siestas' arrow firing animation way better than I could have imagined.
__________________
[...]
Ssol is offline  
Old 2009-10-14, 14:25   Link #3070
Antera Caramichael
French Maid
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Poitiers; France
Age: 22
Apparamently, most of the viewers are falling in the trap of the Episode^^
I think it is the most important, and that it was a good think they skipped the North Wind and Sun discution with Virgilia.
Antera Caramichael is offline  
Old 2009-10-14, 14:54   Link #3071
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Porto Alegre, Brazil
Send a message via MSN to Akuryou Send a message via Skype™ to Akuryou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antera Caramichael View Post
Apparamently, most of the viewers are falling in the trap of the Episode^^
I think it is the most important, and that it was a good think they skipped the North Wind and Sun discution with Virgilia.
...they didn't. It's included in this episode.
Akuryou is offline  
Old 2009-10-14, 14:55   Link #3072
MarthX
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 30
Well.. at least it's AFTER Beatrice went all moe, so it's less apparent.
MarthX is offline  
Old 2009-10-14, 14:58   Link #3073
Antera Caramichael
French Maid
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Poitiers; France
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuryou View Post
...they didn't. It's included in this episode.
Yeah I just read on Ep16 threat, but still, since it is placed AFTER Battler slapping Beatrice which is acting already differently, I think it is still better than if it was directly before.
Antera Caramichael is offline  
Old 2009-10-14, 15:00   Link #3074
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Porto Alegre, Brazil
Send a message via MSN to Akuryou Send a message via Skype™ to Akuryou
Makes us wonder if Beato even planned on using such strategy from the start.
Akuryou is offline  
Old 2009-10-14, 15:05   Link #3075
Workworkwork
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: a better place than here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuryou View Post
Makes us wonder if Beato even planned on using such strategy from the start.
Of course...


Damn, can't talk about EP5 spoilers in here.
Workworkwork is offline  
Old 2009-10-14, 15:07   Link #3076
Antera Caramichael
French Maid
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Poitiers; France
Age: 22
I wonder myself when I saw it too^^
If you think about it, she looked surprised when Battler reconized her, with apparamently no reason (Battler didn't understand himself so I doubt she made it as an act) and she looked sorry and hesitating before making her troll face when Battler ask her to tell her it wasn't a play, just like she was aware of the importance of this response: The one she made cut definetly any possibility of good relationship with Battler.

But at the same time, I think she was aware: Just like when she praticaly said to Kanon "See you next game"...
Antera Caramichael is offline  
Old 2009-10-14, 15:25   Link #3077
chounokoe
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to chounokoe Send a message via Skype™ to chounokoe
I think the relocation of the Northwind and Sun discussion is doing the trick, too.
Because in the anime there was no time to show soft Beato before and I think as many, that now more people will fall for the trap...heck how can you say those big eyes can do harm?! XD

Oh and @Workworkwork: Could you please send me a PM which Episode 5 spoiler you are talking about? Right now I can't quite remember anything proving that Beatrice planned the troll from the start.
__________________
愛が無ければ・・・視えない!!
chounokoe is offline  
Old 2009-10-14, 15:27   Link #3078
Antera Caramichael
French Maid
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Poitiers; France
Age: 22
Same here please =p
Antera Caramichael is offline  
Old 2009-10-14, 15:36   Link #3079
Escargotage
I want to believe.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
Unless they moved that discussion, which would be dumb, it shouldn't be.

The North Wind and Sun talk is before the second twilight.
I just replayed the scene in the VN, Virgilia and Beato do discuss North Wind and the Sun after she shows up to scold Eva-Beatrice for toying with Rudolf and Kyrie and E-B tells her to go away.
__________________
Escargotage is offline  
Old 2009-10-14, 15:39   Link #3080
MarthX
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 30
Eh? I'm positive that scene is during the epitaph discussion. The adults discuss it, then it breaks to the meta world and returns to it.
MarthX is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.