AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-28, 23:08   Link #3501
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In that place where the stuff is at.
Age: 17
Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi Send a message via Skype™ to Sinfully Naomi
I agree, I heard someone once got banned for saying a future character's name? Where are we supposed to draw the line? And to what point does the "victim's" responsibility come into play. If you see something in a spoiler tag, you obviously shouldn't look at it if you don't want to be spoiled. The name of this thread should be changed if eveyrone is so figity about spoilers.

Well Christen, your point is valid, and makes sense. But since that's the case, this thread isn't much use for a VN reader.
__________________
under... construction?
Sinfully Naomi is offline  
Old 2009-10-28, 23:10   Link #3502
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a certain tropical island
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
tbh I think it's nitpicking too much. It's not like spoilers are being posted out in the open, they're in clear tags. Not like we're talking about who will voice who, just pointing out a couple things that we found interesting, which relates to EP 5. We're still talking about the anime.
I have no complaints on posters like you who do their best to tag spoilers. There are some people, however, that has little control over what they post, often accidentally. That risk is what we're trying to minimize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
Well Christen, your point is valid, and makes sense. But since that's the case, this thread isn't much use for a VN reader.
That isn't so. The original purpose of this thread is discussing how the anime will go on adapting the novel without spoiling the anime-only viewers. That's the spoiler in context. How is DEEN going to do this scene, etc. When the first season ends, then that's the time this thread has served it's purpose.
__________________

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Christen is offline  
Old 2009-10-29, 04:04   Link #3503
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 30
So anyway the only realy disappointing thing about episode 18 was the red web. Granted everything was pulled into the positive side with an epic troll and awesome Ange, the absence of most of the red seriously leaves the possibilities of solutions very, very open. Despite the redundancy of Evatrice's red the web managed to narrow down theories and the like.

That said, we were told that Ryukishi himself guided this episode, so I'm assuming he willingly allowed DEEN to make the cuts they made. As such, if Ryukishi intended this from the beginning, this calls into question just how valid this meta fight is.

Or maybe Ryukishi just has a completely different treatment of anime-only fans.
MeoTwister5 is offline  
Old 2009-10-29, 04:17   Link #3504
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Rather than giving them too much information (and thus starting the cascade of theories that get more and more convoluted as time passes), he gives them either too little information (so they have to fill in the gaps by playing the games) or just enough information to weed out the red herrings and allow them to actually figure out what is going on.

I think it is the latter since some thing are obviously different in terms of detail, or even evidence (such as Natsuhi and her gun duel from Episode One's Nineth Twilight...and the vary different versions of what happened just based on what happens to the gun in Battler's hands at the Tenth Twilgiht. And it was animated correctly for what he did...so it can't be a simple animation error.)
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2009-10-29, 08:35   Link #3505
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
That isn't so. The original purpose of this thread is discussing how the anime will go on adapting the novel without spoiling the anime-only viewers. That's the spoiler in context. How is DEEN going to do this scene, etc. When the first season ends, then that's the time this thread has served it's purpose.
That's correct, however in the beginning we didn't even know which episodes would be encompassed in the anime. That's why such a rule as "only spoilers up to ep4 can be mentioned here" couldn't be stated. The knowledge of this anime series narrating the first 4 episodes is very recent compared to the start of this thread, and such limitation was not intended since the beginning.

Also this thread will remain the same once a second season will be announced, and at that point ep5 spoilers will be allowed.
The tricky thing is while no official announcement has been made about a second season, it is almost certain that a second season will be made.

Reasonings such as "but the second season hasn't started yet" do not work because this thread existed long before the first season started.

Let's say that right now things are like you say, but as soon as a second season is confirmed, there won't be any reason to forbid discussions about Ep5 and further episodes.

Of course the rule to put untranslated episodes info under spoiler tags still apply.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Old 2009-10-29, 09:57   Link #3506
Antera Caramichael
French Maid
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Poitiers; France
Age: 22
Well, it is pretty simple no? All spoiler of Ep4 do not need to be under spoiler tag while Ep5 and after need to, and everyone is happy, those who don't want to be spoiled don't read them.
No?
Antera Caramichael is offline  
Old 2009-10-29, 17:52   Link #3507
Chadauw
...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: France
Age: 24
The problem is that we are in this dangerous period when the next episode is released but not translated, so there are two categories of people : those who can play the game in japanese/like to spoil themselves in order to know what happens next and those who try to avoid spoilers the best they can. I'm personally in the second category.

The problem isn't really "we shouldn't talk about EP5 because the anime only covers the first season", the people from the second category just want to minimize the risk of being spoiled.

Even when there is spoiler tags, I think "ha, so there's gonna be more about it in EP5", and I don't want to know even that.

That could seem a bit extreme, but... I already feel like I've already been spoiled some major things about EP5 (damn fanarts or untagged comments, why can't I unsee T_T) and I really don't want to know more until the patch comes out.
Chadauw is offline  
Old 2009-10-29, 18:09   Link #3508
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ImaginaryLand
Age: 24
And once again, an innocent comment leads to a needlessly long discussion about spoilers.
__________________

momobunny is offline  
Old 2009-10-29, 18:14   Link #3509
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: カケラの海
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
the last few spoilers were mostly really minor though...
the only things you can learn from them you learn in the first few minutes of the game, IMO.

i think the spoilers are ok as long as they are either:
-related to the topic
-minor
and spoiler tagged.
desirebluesky is offline  
Old 2009-10-29, 18:39   Link #3510
Antera Caramichael
French Maid
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Poitiers; France
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadauw View Post
Even when there is spoiler tags, I think "ha, so there's gonna be more about it in EP5", and I don't want to know even that.
Heu... of course there will be more things in the next Episode, the fact that there is more, I think, makes more interresting, because personnaly I would wondering "What did I miss? So it wasn't over after all!".
I could resume with: For me, the End of the journey is boring, it's the travel that is exiting.
Antera Caramichael is offline  
Old 2009-10-29, 23:45   Link #3511
ameskitty
Kupo
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sleeping
Age: 23
Episode 19 preview:



DELICIOUS SHOTA IS COMING~~~
__________________

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline  
Old 2009-10-29, 23:58   Link #3512
Teletha
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Texas
I can't believe they kept the croissant scene, even if it looks changed a bit

and lol @ Beato.
Teletha is offline  
Old 2009-10-30, 00:07   Link #3513
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 30
I must say Amakusa's looking good!
MeoTwister5 is offline  
Old 2009-10-30, 00:20   Link #3514
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Is it me or do the whiskers make Sakutaro not look as adorable as he does in the SN? (or have they always been there?) Oh god, I actually prefer the SN design for a character... nevermind, I'm sure his shota form will be take-home worthy!

EDIT: Almost forgot. Uryuu~
Kakkou is offline  
Old 2009-10-30, 00:25   Link #3515
Teletha
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Texas
I think he looks more adorable in the anime. I like the whiskers and wings. To each his own. Amakusa looks good too.
Teletha is offline  
Old 2009-10-30, 00:57   Link #3516
Kaiba
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Is it me or do the whiskers make Sakutaro not look as adorable as he does in the SN? (or have they always been there?) Oh god, I actually prefer the SN design for a character... nevermind, I'm sure his shota form will be take-home worthy!

EDIT: Almost forgot. Uryuu~
Visual Novel Sakutarou looked way too much like Kon for me to take him seriously. I like the anime design more.
Kaiba is offline  
Old 2009-10-30, 01:00   Link #3517
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a certain tropical island
Age: 29
LOL at Battler chasing Beelzebub. Although wasn't Beato supposed to pop out there with the party poopers and all?

Amakusa looks the same, and uryuu!
__________________

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Christen is offline  
Old 2009-10-30, 01:11   Link #3518
MarthX
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 29
Looks like they're going to speed through the Ange and Maria stuff.
MarthX is offline  
Old 2009-10-30, 01:14   Link #3519
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 30
I'd actually prefer they breese through them and instead concentrate on Sakutarou's getting you-know-what and Ange's classroom scene for the opening. These are cuts I wholeheartedly agree with.
MeoTwister5 is offline  
Old 2009-10-30, 01:22   Link #3520
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a certain tropical island
Age: 29
They should speed through those, because any longer is going to hurt the 1985 scenes, and specially the tea party.
__________________

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Christen is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.