AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-02, 19:40   Link #4041
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
From the way he reacts it looks more like he thinks Ange is seeing a ghost or something. If the anime is correct Ange is pointing to a bag full of plush in the middle of a lot of futons. How could he possibly not understand that she was looking at that?
It's definitely strange.

The fact that it was insignificant to him doesn't justify the fact that he doesn't even get what Ange is looking at. If this was the case a more likely reaction would be: "Uh? What's wrong with that?"
Wait a second... Why would Ange be so freaked out about a bag of plushies?
It's still a perfectly normal reaction from him, especially since the room was cluttered with stuff. He must have thought Ange was seeing something else besides that.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-12-02, 19:42   Link #4042
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

As I said in that case he should have said: "What's wrong with that?" and not "What are you looking at?"

Well if there was a lot of junk then yeah that'd make sense. But it's all futons except that bag of plushies, what could she possibly look at?

Old 2009-12-02, 19:44   Link #4043
chronotrig

Quote:
As I said in that case he should have said: "What's wrong with that?" and not "What are you looking at?"
...Like I said, it's a cluttered room. It's perfectly reasonable if he assumes that she was pointing to something else in the clutter. Just because you wouldn't do that doesn't mean he wouldn't.

By the time she says "is this magic?", I think it's reasonable to assume the Captain's confused...

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-12-02, 19:46   Link #4044
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Well the image is not completely clear so mabye it's just a bag full of stuffed animals with Sakutarou on the bottom. (That's clearly Sakutarou's head at the bottom of the bag)
I'm unsure if it is the lighting of my computer or perhaps my eyes, but I clearly see more than one Sakutarou. I easily see two, and can make out the outline of four to five others. Perhaps the original, 'living' Sakutarou was made by Rosa for Maria, but these others are definitely replications.

Thanks to Tjaard!
Old 2009-12-02, 19:46   Link #4045
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Why people here keep on saying it's normal what is absolutely unlikely to me... I could bet 10.000$ that the average person in that situation would understand what another person is looking at.

Old 2009-12-02, 19:48   Link #4046
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Quote:
Why people here keep on saying it's normal what is absolutely unlikely to me... I could bet 10.000$ that the average person in that situation would understand what another person is looking at.
Afaik he was standing behind her, and could not tell exactly what she was looking at, and furthermore he had probably seen that bag of Sakutarous sit there for almost a decade, and didn't think anything odd of it. It is natural to assume that you would be confused if someone were to stare in shock at something you consider to be natural to your environment.

Thanks to Tjaard!
Old 2009-12-02, 20:40   Link #4047
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Sorry for the sudden topic change but I'm guessing that Hideyoshi, Natsuhi, Kyrie, and Nanjo won't get a chance to host a preview this season? Maria got 2, and even Kumasawa and Gohda got their own...

The characters left are
The Siestas
Natsuhi
Kyrie
Hideyoshi
Nanjo
Amakusa
Kasumi
Okonogi
Masayuki
Sabakichi
Otsuki
Kawabata

I honestly think the Siestas are likely to share one just as the Stakes did. Kyrie as well since she actually survives for a pretty long time in this arc. Nanjo survives too... but I can't really see him getting his own preview... and Natsuhi and Hideyoshi probably lost their chances since both of them are pretty minor (Natsuhi was pretty major in EP1... but for some reason she didn't get to host a preview for that arc).

Old 2009-12-02, 20:49   Link #4048
Ssol

My predictions for the last 3 previews:
24 - Kyrie (or siestas)
25 - Kasumi
26 - Battler & Beatrice (yeah I know they already had theirs)
Old 2009-12-02, 21:05   Link #4049
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Yeah I can see Battler and/or Beatrice getting another one. Maria got 2 so it'd be no surprise if at least one of them did too.

Old 2009-12-02, 21:22   Link #4050
Madmanmike56

Now, to me, what looks to be in that bag is a Sakutarou at the bottom of the bag and at the very top. BUT, in the middle area of the bag seems to be either something similar to Kinzo's Cloak, Beatrice's Dress, or Eva's clothes, but it's hard to make it out.
Old 2009-12-03, 07:09   Link #4051
Workworkwork

At least DEEN kept that part in. Honestly, why do people think Rosa has any love for her daughter? She bought the toy from some importer X so Maria wouldn't get even more questions, pretended it was a special gift, and pretty much thought nothing of it afterwards.

The reason Beato could say he was special but not the only one was because MARIA made Sakutarou her magical best friend. That was why Beato could flood the Golden Land with hundreds of Sakutarous, but MARIA could see none until ANGE helped.
Old 2009-12-03, 07:54   Link #4052
NarkNarks

Quote:
At least DEEN kept that part in. Honestly, why do people think Rosa has any love for her daughter? She bought the toy from some importer X so Maria wouldn't get even more questions, pretended it was a special gift, and pretty much thought nothing of it afterwards.
Thats far to clean cut for my liking, Rosa is clearly emotionally and mentally unstable and its rare for such people to have clear cut attitudes on anything. I would rather say that while there is love for Maria to a point, its interwinned rather strongly with the hate. In this case love and hate are one side of the same coin in her opinion of Maria, She hates her for what see perceives she has done to her life but still loves her somewhat as a mother. These conflicting emotions explain to me at least Rosa's behavour.
Old 2009-12-03, 08:07   Link #4053
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post

The reason Beato could say he was special but not the only one was because MARIA made Sakutarou her magical best friend. That was why Beato could flood the Golden Land with hundreds of Sakutarous, but MARIA could see none until ANGE helped.
As Jan Poo said, it was stated in red that Rosa DID make Sakutaro and didn't just buy him. I have ask honestly - do you think Rosa is a monster with no chance of redemption?

Sig by nocco
Old 2009-12-03, 13:00   Link #4054
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Er, as I recall, Maria knew her mother was making Sakutaro and even watched the process of his creation.

Added to that, I also recall Rosa not being very good at sewing, despite running a clothes company... which explains why Sakutaro isn't exactly the best-constructed stuffed-animal.

I'd think that the bag of Sakutaros is because Rosa was making more and trying to market it to kids, seeing how much her daughter liked it.
Old 2009-12-03, 14:03   Link #4055
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
As Jan Poo said, it was stated in red that Rosa DID make Sakutaro and didn't just buy him. I have ask honestly - do you think Rosa is a monster with no chance of redemption?
I think you answered your own question.

Like I said, "Make" in this case might only refer to MARIA's interpretation that Rosa made Sakutarou, just like ANGE believes Battler is her big brother.
Old 2009-12-03, 14:13   Link #4056
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

hum, workworkwork I don't think it's that way...

red truth is objective so if it says rosa made it, then I believe it's because she really made it, not bought it or anything of the sort....

vandakiara's attic ~
pwease visit :3

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
Old 2009-12-03, 15:11   Link #4057
Ronove

Hello, first of all I'm a new Umineko fan, please don't hurt me (I'm new to the forums).

Regarding the twilights of which Maria has said she has retrieved the umbrella and letter from Beatrice, can anyone confirm she actually SAW Beatrice? There could've been a letter saying "From Beatrice." As a child, we can assume she would believe it really is from Beatrice.

Sorry for random post. Trying to get use to the forums~
Old 2009-12-03, 15:16   Link #4058
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:

Like I said, "Make" in this case might only refer to MARIA's interpretation that Rosa made Sakutarou, just like ANGE believes Battler is her big brother.
Dude you are more delusional than Maria. That red sentence was stated by Beatrice and it was cut before she could finish it. If she could state in red something that was told to her by Maria only because Maria believed so, why she was only able to state the part that Sakutaro was made by Rosa but not that it was the only one in the world?

Old 2009-12-03, 15:20   Link #4059
Ronove

Quote:
Dude you are more delusional than Maria. That red sentence was stated by Beatrice and it was cut before she could finish it. If she could state in red something that was told to her by Maria only because Maria believed so, why she was only able to state the part that Sakutaro was made by Rosa but not that it was the only one in the world?

I... I'm sorry? I'm just trying to make some speculations; I don't have much memories of the reds.
Old 2009-12-03, 15:21   Link #4060
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:

Huh. Battler is her brother - half or not they're still related by blood. Heck if Kyrie is Battler's mother then that just makes it more obvious.

And interpretation? Red is the truth, not a theory. Although the way it is said sometimes can mislead it's still the truth. I really think you're just trying to make Rosa look worse than she really is (okay she is a bad mother, but you're kinda making her look like a monster)

Sig by nocco
Closed Thread