AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-14, 17:17   Link #461
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
They did Marisa Jessica in the manga and SHAFT has made Touhou references in their anime
I guess you are right, but somehow I think the scene wouldn't be included in...just like how the dessert festival in higurashi is cut out. It's a great scene and fills in some relationship development details, but doesn't contribute that much to the overall plot...
Old 2009-06-14, 19:36   Link #462
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
I guess you are right, but somehow I think the scene wouldn't be included in...just like how the dessert festival in higurashi is cut out. It's a great scene and fills in some relationship development details, but doesn't contribute that much to the overall plot...
Well it DOES contribute somewhat to the overall bigger picture. I won't say how since that's spoilers though, but those who played EP 2 will probably understand what I mean.

Sig by nocco
Old 2009-06-14, 20:19   Link #463
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Nope, they won't cut out that scene. While the inclusion of the Touhou reference is not 100% guaranteed, the school festival scene is a needed scene to further develop Jessica's and Kanon's character.
Old 2009-06-14, 21:49   Link #464
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Nope, they won't cut out that scene. While the inclusion of the Touhou reference is not 100% guaranteed, the school festival scene is a needed scene to further develop Jessica's and Kanon's character.
This is DEEN we're talking about. Just because something is important doesn't mean it doesn't have a possibility of being cut.
Old 2009-06-14, 22:34   Link #465
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I'm putting my faith in them for this series. They should have learned their lesson (which is already apparent in Higurashi Kai). As for how important this scene is, cutting it out will leave a big hole in Jessica's character development (kinda like how they cut K1 and Satoko's development in Tatarigoroshi-hen).
Old 2009-06-14, 23:12   Link #466
Rias

or kinda like how they cut out Keiichi buying the doll for Shion in Watanagashi-hen...

Personally I would give DEEN some credit after Higu Kai; it is much better made. However seeing how Kawase isn't directing Umineko, and with Kon Chiaki back on the director spot, I can't help but have my doubts again...
Old 2009-06-14, 23:17   Link #467
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
or kinda like how they cut out Keiichi buying the doll for Shion in Watanagashi-hen...

Personally I would give DEEN some credit after Higu Kai; it is much better made. However seeing how Kawase isn't directing Umineko, and with Kon Chiaki back on the director spot, I can't help but have my doubts again...
Kon Chiaki directed Kai, Kawase is just directing Rei.
Old 2009-06-15, 00:10   Link #468
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Kon Chiaki directed Kai, Kawase is just directing Rei.
I got them mixed up...I was thinking about Rei...
Old 2009-06-15, 04:14   Link #469
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

So... Hm... Where should be the second harbor?

And where is the hidden mansion? The only larger forest I can see is over the first "07", but the rocky terrain looks pretty steep to build the hidden dock around there. (Admittedly I'm no sailor or builder myself though). At least the rocks seems high enough, ergo when someone falls over most likely dies (like a certain Beatrice).

Or if it's north of the mansion (I guess the main Mansion it's around the white building over "Expansion" word, then there's no forest where Rosa could have lost her way. If I recall correctly I've read that the second mansion is in the middle of the forest.
Old 2009-06-15, 04:21   Link #470
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Well, that's why it's called a hidden mansion afterall.
Old 2009-06-15, 04:29   Link #471
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well hidden or not it
  1. must be inside a forest
  2. must have some open space for a garden and a terrace (ergo not built fully inside the mountains)
  3. must be relatively close enough to a suitable place where the hidden docks could be built
  4. must be close enough to the rocky beach where the naive Beatrice can die
  5. the same rocks can't be immensely vertical, because Rosa was able to climb down to Beatrice's body, and she's probably not a professional mountain climber.
  6. is probably in the same direction as the chapel from the mansion (according to Krauss)
But I can't even pinpoint it actually :/ .
Old 2009-06-15, 05:13   Link #472
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

It could be on the "hidden" side of one of the small mountains and hills at north, that's probably why we can't see it. We don't even know how big it when compared to the other buildings.
Old 2009-06-15, 05:33   Link #473
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

They finally gave us a shot to work with. Anyway IMHO these are the probably locations for the harbor and Kuwadorian.

Red - The hidden mansion
Yellow - Hidden Harbor
Old 2009-06-15, 07:32   Link #474
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Hidden mansion is hidden.

Anyway I have the same perplexities as Izmo this island doesn't look like I imagined it, the mountains behind the main mansion and chapel look too hard to climb for a middle schooler. And if the cliffs were really that steep certainly Rosa wouldn't have thought it was a good idea to reach the shore to find the way back. There isn't even a shore in this image (except for the harbor) ;

Anyway It's not like a really mind, I just won't take that seriously this image.

Old 2009-06-15, 07:39   Link #475
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv150
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
With this trailer, it is quite noticeable they changed a LOT and I'm unsure if they weren't a bit random in that regard.

For those who missed the ingame image of Rokkenjima:
Old 2009-06-15, 07:45   Link #476
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
They were probably just trying to give it a more "forested island" feel. They might not even know where kuwadorian is, either.

Plus, that image isn't to scale and the actual small spaces are probably a lot bigger. Look how close the mansion looks to the shore, for instance.
Old 2009-06-15, 07:48   Link #477
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The in game image of the island is based on a real island that happens to be close to niijima. In other words it wasn't specifically designed for the story so it's not that reliable.

Old 2009-06-15, 07:52   Link #478
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv150
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Ryukishi used the exact same principle with Shirakawa for Hinamizawa, so it is very likely he used that island for the same purpose.
Old 2009-06-15, 08:47   Link #479
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

The ingame Rokkenjima and anime Rokkenjima is just rotated 180 degrees I believe.
Old 2009-06-15, 08:51   Link #480
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

No they are quite different. Maybe you are confusing the fact that the in game Rokkenjima is the same as the real island near niijima rotated by 90

Anyway that in game Rokkenjima actually only appears in the EP4 opening isn't it?

Closed Thread