AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-06, 15:26   Link #161
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
I thought Mion and Shion were about 16-17. I thought Keiichi was about 15 like Rena and Mion one year older or at least one grade above them. I'm not sure though.

Yes, the stakes fit the definition better but aren't they about the same "age" as Kanon? At least if it's drawn proportional they are as tall as him and Shannon.

The only loli in my opinion would be Frederica (which won't appear often for now), Lambda (same as Bern) and Maria.
I can't find anywhere the age of the main characters but for some reasons i think to remember mion and shion are 18... anyway... i think that Keiichi is a high schooler, and that would mean he's either 15/16 or 16/17. Mion and Shion are one year older so they should be 16/17 or 17/18.
Keiichi really doesn't look like a middle schooler to me °°;

As for the stakes, in their case you can't consider their "real" age, because they can't age and they were born that way. It's the appearance that counts, and they look like 13, 14 max to me. Then maybe the anime will depict them older.

Quote:
I actually liked the humor and later the story more than the "killer loli" aspect. In fact the whole "killer loli" aspect was what was keeping me away for a while until the humor broke me down to watching. After that the "killer loli" aspect is more or less a fun (if incorrect) meme that continues on in the likes of "Those Killer Lolis" in reference to Mion's game club minus K1.
I never really considered Shion/Mion and Rena as loli and i was unaware of the "killer loli" fad. However what made me curious were different images depicting Shion/Mion on "level5 mode". When i learned they came from an anime called "Higurashi no naku koro ni" i decided to watch it without even knowing what was all about °°;

Old 2009-04-07, 02:07   Link #162
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

New thread, does this mean this thread will contain unmarked spoilers for EP4?
Old 2009-04-07, 12:07   Link #163
maximilianjenus
[E]

Not particularly, this one will contain general spoilers from the series unlike the other which should be completely spoiler free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I can understand Rena to a certain degree, but Mion and Shion are 18 (aren't they?) and they are well developed.

Anyway i really think killer loli fans shouldn't be disappointed by umineko, since there are at least 7 of them, and they fit the definition a lot better.
I have had guys say that beatrice is a loli.

IIRC; shmion is one year older than keichi and is/should be preparing for colelge exams according to her age.
Old 2009-04-07, 12:12   Link #164
Rayneing
Trombe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
I have had guys say that beatrice is a loli.
...aaaaaaarrrgh, my brain.

What on earth is loli about her? Like, at all? I really think people don't actually know what that means, and are just THROWING IT AROUND for the hell of it.
Old 2009-04-07, 12:45   Link #165
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Indeed! XD i hope they were talking about the ep2 Beatrice, but even then it's a stretch.
I guess that once a definition becomes popular people just want everything to fit inside it. "Tsundere" is another good example.

Old 2009-04-07, 12:54   Link #166
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Yeah~
Suddenly every girl that doesn't shy around is a tsundere ... or of course you mean that tsundere had a other meaning before. That would be more like the times change the meaning of a word xDD

Edit:

i wish they would kinda announce how many episodes they plan. I kinda expect about 26 like always, but a part of me still hopes they would do 60 episode like in those older series like Shaman King and FMA. Me and my daydreaming

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-04-07 at 16:32.
Old 2009-04-07, 15:48   Link #167
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Ha ha no way. they'll be 26 or around that number almost certainly, but we'll get twice that amount in the end with the second season.

As for Tsundere are you ralking about the issue discussed in Lucky Star? I don't really mind that one it's a minor thing compared to the misuse it has reached now. It looks like people thinks that "dere" stands for girl or something, so every girl must fit in a certain "dere" category, and it doesn't matter if they really have a "dere" side. This is particularly true when any girl slightly psychotic is considered yandere.

Old 2009-04-07, 16:31   Link #168
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Yeah, I know but you know hope springs eternal.

yes, i mean the LS discussed issue, as well as the "every girl that doesn't start to fall in love first time shown is such a tsundere" (a little exaggerating^^) and "Whoa she smiles at him. so dere dere!!"
Old 2009-04-09, 05:29   Link #169
Auria

Well I consider it safer to post here ~
For sure there'll be 26 episodes or something like that, but given the massive amount of information I really hope they are going to do a 3 season show or something like that (Death Note lol)..
As for the music, the hope that they are going to stick with the game music comes from the trailer. That could be a little hint.. but as far as I remember the first Higurashi promo was with game music as well ~~
Despite being a Yuki Kajiura fangirl I also think Taniuchi Hideki (Kaiji, Real Drive, Death Note) for the more 'electronic' parts and Hirano Yoshihisa (Ouren High School Host Club, Death Note) for the more classical parts could mange to capture a similar athmosphere.

But they could at least stick to the game opening, the song would be excellent for an anime. Suggesting another song by Miss Shikata for the ending here (Gin'iro no failing at romanization or katakoi <3). Nothing against a set of activepain/shirabe though.
If the popularites of the series is as high as higurashis we sure'll get character songs again XD I want to hear Ange and Battler sing: Do you know beatoriche sama? Yes, Rokkenjima! ~

Random suggestion for Eva's VA: Inoue Kikuko
Old 2009-04-09, 06:35   Link #170
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Ah yes Death Note had a very interesting OST, it would be perfect for recreating suspence and for the investigative scenes. Dunno if Taniuchi Hideki could also make epic musics.

Quote:
Do you know beatoriche sama? Yes, Rokkenjima! ~
Ah i've seen a video on youtube with that song, but i didn't understand where that came from °° a drama CD?

Old 2009-04-09, 06:42   Link #171
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Ah i've seen a video on youtube with that song, but i didn't understand where that came from °° a drama CD?
This is a parody/adapted version of the original rap song, named "Keiichi Ooishi no Uwasa no Jikenbo ABC" (Youtube Link).

This comes from the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Character CD Vol. 1 (Rena, Keiichi and Ooishi CD)
Old 2009-04-09, 06:42   Link #172
Kitsu
The unlucky one

It's a character song sang by Oishi and Keiichi VAs. It's called "Rumor Investigation Team ABC" (!?) and is rather funny
"Do you know Oyashiro-sama? -Yes, Hinamizawa -I kill you, you kill me - No, Hinamizawa" Is the original

Edit:Klashikari was faster xD
Old 2009-04-09, 07:12   Link #173
Auria

Well it would be really interessting if we get character songs again.. everyone of the announced cast has experience in singing (mh.. it's rare that VA's don't sing anyway)

Spoiler for ABC beginning Rokkenjima ver.:
Old 2009-04-09, 07:22   Link #174
hodil
Solve me...

wow that rap song.. nice..

Just wondering whether oishi's voice will fit Hideyoshi san 0.o

I think the seiyu for Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji might fit ronove?
Old 2009-04-09, 08:01   Link #175
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Oishi for Hideyoshi, well....I think they are better options Oishi just doesn't fit in my opinion, because Oishi sometimes really sounds so fake friendly and we all know that Hideyoshi is with Kyrie of course is the nicest among the adults. Well at least till Episode 2.

And yeah the cast did something nice singing now and then. I'm only worried about Kobayashi's one...she really did nice singing as Setsuna Sakurazaki (a girl^^ with a semi-deep voice) in Negima, but as Satoshi for example in "yellowsicking" while screaming and such her voice sounded way to much like a girl. And yes I still can't help but be scared of girly!Kanon. Well as long Kanon doesn't sings a duet or something with a Battler or any other real guy it won't be so noticeable. (Yes, I know what I'm talking about Satoshi's voice in the You -Bond- was totally fine, till a sing along with keiichi...)
Well I can't wait to hear George, I kinda have a really good feeling about his VA, dunno why though. Likewise I'm happy about Beatrice's VA.

And am I the only one that's a little bit surprised that the cast consists of rather well known VA's till now?
Old 2009-04-09, 08:13   Link #176
Auria

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodil View Post
I think the seiyu for Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji might fit ronove?
Well Daisuke Ono is already cast as Battler.

@Kitsu
Well, Umineko has already a quite big fanbase and judging from the sucess higurashi has they are maybe willing to put more money in this project. Higurashi has also quite popular actors, but when they were first chosen for the drama CD's/Matsuri game (dunno which was first) they weren't THAT popular.

Btw as for Satoshi, a friend of mine was watching Higurashi without any informations about the VAs and he immediately noticed that it was a girly girl. He thought it sounded extremely strange ~ XD
Old 2009-04-09, 08:29   Link #177
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Well, I would hope they would spent more money into the animation instead of VAs

Ah, yeah, but I still think that Satoshi's voice got a little bit better in Rei. But well...
I think Kobayashi will need to speak in a whole other pitch of voice tone. For me the characters of Satoshi and Kanon are so different most of the time. Also she needs to speak sullen and a bit emotionless. I don't know if she's able to do that.
Old 2009-04-09, 08:33   Link #178
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

I hope its an amazing anime like Higurashi, but I dont think it could ever top it.
I cant wait for it to start airing

Old 2009-04-09, 08:47   Link #179
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Just looked at the official website and it was updated...with that

携帯サイト「アニうた革命フル」で、『うみねこのなく頃に』の着うたフル®配信中!!

PCゲーム「うみねこのなく頃に」主題歌CD『うみねこのなく頃に/志方あきこ』の着うたフル®がジャケッ ト画像&歌詞付きで配信開始されました!うみねこの音楽が携帯でも楽しめる!!(※一部対応していない機種 がございます)
詳しくは、携帯サイト「アニうた革命フル」をチェック!!

Someone knows what that means? Just curious...I bet just an ad or something still..
Old 2009-04-09, 09:13   Link #180
Auria

Spoiler for not what you can call japanese lol:

I would we start speculations based on that not-translated nonsense! =D Well contents dunno but.. sounds good! The website has also listed the CD in the collection page: http://umineko.tv/web/main/collection/index.html but it is already there for a while.

@Miko Miko
If you haven't played the games it's recommended to look in the no spoiler thread.

@Kitsu / Satoshi
Well I haven't heard anything besides her manly/not-manly voices, and they've all sounded similar... well VAs also improve.

@again this new news
Okay, this button or was that is stated "full revolution" I wonder what this is. O_O
It seems to be an explanation how to get the song on your mobile phone..? Okay, someone who knows japanese, pleaase!

But this is definitely a good sign for the anime music, if the op will be by akiko shikata.. <3
Closed Thread