AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-05, 19:22   Link #3801
The Green One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Well chapter is up....and fairly dull at that.

Oh look, another month wait for the next chapter. Peachy.

*sigh*
The Green One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 20:13   Link #3802
Serperior
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Well chapter is up....and fairly dull at that.

Oh look, another month wait for the next chapter. Peachy.

*sigh*
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Well chapter is up....and fairly dull at that.

Oh look, another month wait for the next chapter. Peachy.

*sigh*
I know Mako isn't your favorite character, but you seriously can't say that it was a dull chapter. It's exciting in it's own right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjalorak View Post
Hrm. Given Usuzan's comments, Hao probably was close to or in tenpai for an 8000 point hand but chose not to disrupt Chikako's hand. She also played a tile that Mako couldn't call on (also by design?) to disrupt Chikako as well.

Also Yuan -- *Asia* tournament... You know, the continent you live on? 'Wherever'... Haha.

And yeah, curious as to how Hao will play. She seems suspiciously quiet at the moment.
Oh my, good call. That's very suspicious. Satoha didn't start attacking Yuuki till the second round though. Hao's strategy seems to be gather points then defend.... however, she's not attacking this time around.

Also, Hao is the sexiest Rinkai. Her menacing look is really really sexy.
Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 20:40   Link #3803
The Green One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
I know Mako isn't your favorite character, but you seriously can't say that it was a dull chapter. It's exciting in it's own right.
I'm entitled to my own opinion. You're free to not agree with it.
The Green One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 21:41   Link #3804
tarajis
El Psy Congroo
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Within the choice of Steins Gate...
Now, now, guys... let's not start something unpleasant here... and it's not going to help as the next chapter and the side story is a month away at the very least...

Well, I'm just considering this chapter as the calm before the storm... I'm hoping it's Mako's storm though... it's about time if you ask me...
__________________
No one knows what the future holds.
It has infinite potential as this encounter makes it clear.
This is the choice of Steins Gate.
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 22:53   Link #3805
Fantasy-Magician
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
This chapter is pretty good considering it's Mako's match...
rather than complaining about the content of this match I would rather complain that we have to wait for one month again....
Fantasy-Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 23:51   Link #3806
night_sentinel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Earth
I'm just glad Mako is getting a proper match and not skipped as always.

Anyway, I had some free time today and made roster for the Seeded teams. Or as complete a roster as possible given the sparse information.



Its actually quite fun seeing how the different school roster changed. Senriyama is mostly the same but they got a huge boost due to Toki. Shiraitodai might also have gotten a boost from Takami, Seiko and Awai assuming those that they replaced are ordinary players. On the other hand, Rinkai and Eisui.... :They're a totally different team.


My text wall is here once again to those who want more details.
http://randomwalloftext.wordpress.co...into-the-past/
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 01:34   Link #3807
thenightsshadow
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Teru was Captain during that Winter Tournament. I forget where I saw that in the manga, but I'm certain it's there.
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 02:15   Link #3808
night_sentinel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenightsshadow View Post
Teru was Captain during that Winter Tournament. I forget where I saw that in the manga, but I'm certain it's there.
Really? This would be a great help. Could you please give me a general hint/ try to remember what volume or at least what match like in the vanguard Side-A or something so I can track down the current page? It will be a great help in my current theory about the previous positions of the players last year.

BTW, guys. What do you think is the current ranking between the seeded players are? Let's leave Rinkai for now since we don't know what their other 4 players can do. But, what about. Shiraitodai, Eisui and Senriyama?

If we put them in their peak performance. Hmmm....

I will put Senriyama in #3.

I'm currently having a hard time picking who will be #1/2 between Shiraitodai and Eisui. Eisui at their peak meant Jindai with her strongest God, Hatsumi unsealed to spam wind yakuman and Kasumi using her one suit magnet. On the other hand, Teru still has something stronger that she has yet to show, Sumire will get rid of the stupid tell, Takami will get the last dealer. Hmm...
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 03:58   Link #3809
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Eisui at their 'peak' is basically broken, which is why they had to suffer so much 'debuffs' to not make it through in the QF - and even then, they only BARELY miss out. The amount of crazy points they'd get at multiple spots (rather than just vanguard) ... I think they'd end up overtaking Shiraitodai by the end although they will start out at behind Shiraitodai.

Their 3rd player is a counter to Takami by playing cheap and fast to keep the game moving, which means even as last player, Takami wouldn't have a lot of her hand filled out. Their 4th gets good draws for her yakuman in north whereas Seiko doesn't actually seem to have any extra luck for pon calling (since it'll just be dependent on others).

Kasumi, actually, has a good power vs. Awai. Even if she starts out at 4-shanten, it was noted specifically that Awai's power does not affect draws. With only one suit (and honors), the probability that she draws what she needs is pretty dang good so she's going to be getting to tenpai fast anyway. In addition, she won't need to worry all that much about playing into Awai given that her hand is pretty contained.
__________________
<< katreus >>
tjalorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 05:57   Link #3810
eavein18
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Really? This would be a great help. Could you please give me a general hint/ try to remember what volume or at least what match like in the vanguard Side-A or something so I can track down the current page? It will be a great help in my current theory about the previous positions of the players last year.
I don't know about the winter tournament, but if it is spring...

In the saki achiga anime episode 9(around minute 12), Sera said :

"Shiraitodai played with a different order in the spring tournament, so Toki didn't get to play against Miyanaga."

(sorry if it didn't help...)
__________________
eavein18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 07:41   Link #3811
Emballage
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by eavein18 View Post
I don't know about the winter tournament, but if it is spring...

In the saki achiga anime episode 9(around minute 12), Sera said :

"Shiraitodai played with a different order in the spring tournament, so Toki didn't get to play against Miyanaga."

(sorry if it didn't help...)
Awai was generally implied to have not played in the spring tournament.

For Seiko (and Takami) there's a more explicit answer. In Achiga ch. 15 pg. 42 FunaQ says "Matano, just like Shibuya Takami, is a regular for the first time this year. There aren't many records of her." However, in Achiga ep. 14, in the equivalent scene FunaQ says "Matano only became a regular last year, so there aren't many records of her games.", and I can't tell whose translations are more accurate.

EDIT: I just realised I have the relevant manga chapter with me, and it says "亦野も渋谷尭深と同じで 今年からのレギュラー... 牌譜のサンプルが少ない...", which corresponds to the English manga translation. In ch. 14 pg. 35, it also says the same about Takami ("渋谷尭深は今年からのレギュラー".../"But Shibuya Takami only joined the line-up this year"...). On the other hand, I couldn't find a reference as to whether the two of them made first team before or after the supposed spring tournament.

Last edited by Emballage; 2013-08-07 at 15:51. Reason: Made references to the source manga.
Emballage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 11:46   Link #3812
Fragment off
Reader or Writer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Somewhere between first and last.
It is said in Achiga hen in the chapter of the SF vice captain That in Spring tournament Teru got a view of the Shindouji ace and they were still using their old line up so she was still vanguard because I asume they were playing agisnt each other. ( I also got the imprssioin that Winter and srping tournament are the same but I'm unsure)
And if I remember right It is said That Teru was Captain before Awai.
__________________
There is always a way but not always a Good way.

Last edited by Fragment off; 2013-08-07 at 11:54. Reason: W
Fragment off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 17:10   Link #3813
Fantasy-Magician
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post
It is said in Achiga hen in the chapter of the SF vice captain That in Spring tournament Teru got a view of the Shindouji ace and they were still using their old line up so she was still vanguard because I asume they were playing agisnt each other. ( I also got the imprssioin that Winter and srping tournament are the same but I'm unsure)
And if I remember right It is said That Teru was Captain before Awai.
Kokaji-pro said Teru become Vanguard for this year's Interhigh only...
remember that while Mairu explicitly said she was Vanguard because Shindouji used to follow standard put your strongest first, it's never said what is Tsuruhime's old position.
Teru didn't have to use her mirror on Mairu to find out. most likely it's Himeko she used it on. Although the way Mairu said it make it sounds like she was defeated badly in last Spring tournament by Teru (although Shiraitodai's old Vanguard is maybe a better player than her) to the point Shindouji decide to throw away Vanguard's match.
Fantasy-Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 18:36   Link #3814
night_sentinel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Earth
Yeah, the "???" tournament is called the spring or whatever tournament in the manga. I call it winter because that's how the other Japanese sports manga depict it. Usually after Interhigh, there is another tournament in the same year. This one on the other hand brings a change in the lineup since Seniors can't enter due to their impending graduation. Which makes me worried for Kiyosumi since they're losing one member but I digress.


Quote:
Originally Posted by eavein18 View Post

"Shiraitodai played with a different order in the spring tournament, so Toki didn't get to play against Miyanaga."

(sorry if it didn't help...)

This is very helpful. This confirmed that Teru is not in the vanguard position for the Spring/Winter tournament. Ok good so far. But, I'm interested in the sentence construction. "Shiraitodai has a different order in the spring tournament, so Toki didn't get to play against Miyanaga."

It was as if Senriyama is expecting Teru to be in the vanguard position, and implies this is usual for them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Emballage View Post
Awai was generally implied to have not played in the spring tournament.

For Seiko (and Takami) there's a more explicit answer. In Achiga ch. 15 pg. 42 FunaQ says "Matano, just like Shibuya Takami, is a regular for the first time this year. There aren't many records of her." However, in Achiga ep. 14, in the equivalent scene FunaQ says "Matano only became a regular last year, so there aren't many records of her games.", and I can't tell whose translations are more accurate.

EDIT: I just realised I have the relevant manga chapter with me, and it says "亦野も渋谷尭深と同じで 今年からのレギュラー... 牌譜のサンプルが少ない...", which corresponds to the English manga translation. In ch. 14 pg. 35, it also says the same about Takami ("渋谷尭深は今年からのレギュラー".../"But Shibuya Takami only joined the line-up this year"...). On the other hand, I couldn't find a reference as to whether the two of them made first team before or after the supposed spring tournament.

Ok, this probably meant that Matano and Takami only joined in this tournament along with Awai. Everything so far checks out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post
It is said in Achiga hen in the chapter of the SF vice captain That in Spring tournament Teru got a view of the Shindouji ace and they were still using their old line up so she was still vanguard because I asume they were playing agisnt each other. ( I also got the imprssioin that Winter and srping tournament are the same but I'm unsure)
And if I remember right It is said That Teru was Captain before Awai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy-Magician View Post
Kokaji-pro said Teru become Vanguard for this year's Interhigh only...
remember that while Mairu explicitly said she was Vanguard because Shindouji used to follow standard put your strongest first, it's never said what is Tsuruhime's old position.
Teru didn't have to use her mirror on Mairu to find out. most likely it's Himeko she used it on. Although the way Mairu said it make it sounds like she was defeated badly in last Spring tournament by Teru (although Shiraitodai's old Vanguard is maybe a better player than her) to the point Shindouji decide to throw away Vanguard's match.

Ok. I tracked it down and seen the original quote by Kokaji-pro in the anime. Its really odd. To those who can understand Nihonggo better than us, can you kindly look at it for us? Its at episode 10, 9:30 minute mark in my pc.

Here is the quote in italics.

"Miyanaga-san only become the the first player after this year's Interhigh preliminaries."


.... Okay this is blatantly wrong. That meant Shiraitodai changed position after the prefecture round which is impossible. No one has changed position between the prefecture tournament and the interhigh. I have a feeling its fixed. It also meant that Teru is not in the vanguard position for the current prefecture interhigh which is patently untrue. We saw her in the vanguard position in the original anime.

Now let's continue dissecting the quote:

"The only first player's match at West Tokyo preliminaries that ended with a player running out of points was in this formation."


So far so good, Teru broke the record in the West Tokyo preliminaries by being the first person in the prefecture to put her opponent below zero in the first round. Well, this synced with what we know of Teru. Next quote:

"Shiraitodai High School decided to make Miyanaga Teru their first player after she showed her strength as the last dealer."

Ok also true.

The problem is the first part which conveniently also has the timeline in its sentence. Ugh. I have a hard time believing that. Have a feeling it has a problem with the syntax or translation or something. Anyway, I think its more like this. Teru entered tournament first year. She was in a random position. Then, Shiraitodai realized how ridiculous she is and put her in the vanguard after the tournament. Guys, remember that it is the vanguard whidh is the regular ace position not the captain. Thus, second year onwards Teru is in the vanguard position except in last years spring tournament. I think this fit with all the facts everything considered.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 18:54   Link #3815
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
"Miyanaga-san only become the the first player after this year's Interhigh preliminaries."
The phrase I saw was *at* this year's Inter-High Preliminaries i.e. she became vanguard at this year's prefectural tournament.

Has no one just sent an e-mail to Ritz asking her? I mean Ritz does sometimes answer questions on her blog...
__________________
<< katreus >>
tjalorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 19:01   Link #3816
night_sentinel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjalorak View Post
The phrase I saw was *at* this year's Inter-High Preliminaries i.e. she became vanguard at this year's prefectural tournament.

Has no one just sent an e-mail to Ritz asking her? I mean Ritz does sometimes answer questions on her blog...

She does?
You know that would be nice. We can just ask Ritz but who can actually write the kanji would be a problem... I don't think google translate is going to cut it.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 19:25   Link #3817
night_sentinel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Earth
Oh btw, everyone I just made a social group for Saki.
http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=906

I'm still in the process of building it but you are all welcome to join. ^^
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 19:58   Link #3818
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Ok. I tracked it down and seen the original quote by Kokaji-pro in the anime. Its really odd. To those who can understand Nihonggo better than us, can you kindly look at it for us? Its at episode 10, 9:30 minute mark in my pc.
Here's my try at transcripting the line from the anime:
Quote:
宮永選手は先鋒になったとは 今年のインターハイ予選ですが 西東京の予選で一同だけあって先鋒戦に飛び終了は 正にこの布陣。
I think the bolded part's where Crunchy's translator made an error, mistaking 'koro' (for example, "at that time") for 'kara' (i.e. "from that time"). If you take the 'at the time of the interhigh preliminaries' phrase to refer to the latter following parts of the sentence, then, I don't think this line actually provides any timing suggestions about when Teru became vanguard.

I wouldn't really like to attempt a retranslation as my grasp of grammar/sentence structure is still pretty weak, and the line is actually quite a monster, but...:

"On the subject of player Miyanaga becoming a Vanguard -- although it was during this year's preliminaries, at the West Tokyo preliminaries, the single instance of a game jumping to conclusion within the Vanguard match, precisely was with this formation."
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 30/5 :: Hanayamata 30/5 :: Locodol 80/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 23:13   Link #3819
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
BTW does anyone have the point charts that were made for Nagano final and nationals QF and SF (Side A and B)?

And is there a particular program that makes them or something?
__________________
<< katreus >>
tjalorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 23:36   Link #3820
night_sentinel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Here's my try at transcripting the line from the anime:


I think the bolded part's where Crunchy's translator made an error, mistaking 'koro' (for example, "at that time") for 'kara' (i.e. "from that time"). If you take the 'at the time of the interhigh preliminaries' phrase to refer to the latter following parts of the sentence, then, I don't think this line actually provides any timing suggestions about when Teru became vanguard.
"

Thanks Sol. So the line basically says that during this year's interhigh, Miyanaga Teru managed to put someone below zero in the vanguard round?

Well, at least this helps our confusion if only a bit.




Quote:
Originally Posted by tjalorak View Post
BTW does anyone have the point charts that were made for Nagano final and nationals QF and SF (Side A and B)?

And is there a particular program that makes them or something?
Chart?
I think the Saki wikia gave out the ending points of each match. Is that what you are looking for?

http://saki.wikia.com/wiki/Nagano_qu...E2%80%93_Final
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.