AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-08, 00:03   Link #3821
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Nah. The ones with the pictures of every player and then their + or - points for that round and team score.

I mean, it's basically the same information but it's collated together in a single chart / picture.
__________________
<< katreus >>
tjalorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 00:14   Link #3822
night_sentinel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Earth
Oh that. I have two of them.





night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 00:55   Link #3823
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Yep. Thanks!
__________________
<< katreus >>
tjalorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 03:56   Link #3824
Emballage
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
This is very helpful. This confirmed that Teru is not in the vanguard position for the Spring/Winter tournament. Ok good so far. But, I'm interested in the sentence construction. "Shiraitodai has a different order in the spring tournament, so Toki didn't get to play against Miyanaga."

It was as if Senriyama is expecting Teru to be in the vanguard position, and implies this is usual for them.
I interpreted it as Shiraitodai simply not playing in the same order in summer as they did in spring (hence it's different) without any reference to their regular order.

In any case here's the original Japanese quote from ch. 8: "白糸台が春季大会では違うオーダーやったせいで"


Since you're also including information about the previous inter-high as well, we have this from the Toki and Ryuuka scene at the start of anime ep. 5:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiga ep. 5
Toki: "Well, the match was practically decided before you could do anything."

Ryuuka: "If you were watching, I'm sure you saw... When Shiraitodai won..."

Toki: "Miyanaga-san, huh? Kind of unbelievable that she's just a 2nd year."
Can anyone infer any sort of order from this passage?
Emballage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 04:22   Link #3825
desrtsku
wuaaai!
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
Age: 21
Why is Kyouko so cute?
__________________
Waaaaiii!
Pls, don't bully!
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 05:56   Link #3826
Fantasy-Magician
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Yeah, the "???" tournament is called the spring or whatever tournament in the manga. I call it winter because that's how the other Japanese sports manga depict it. Usually after Interhigh, there is another tournament in the same year.
I think there's actually three tournaments every year although that's according to other sport Manga... but there's an implication by Nodoka that for Mahjong in Saki verse there's only two as she refer to Teru as double champion for last summer and spring tournament.
Based on what Momo said there's an autumn qualifier and it's not make sense if the tournament is in Spring (April) if the qualifier is in Autumn... so there's might be a Winter tournament.


Quote:
"Shiraitodai has a different order in the spring tournament, so Toki didn't get to play against Miyanaga."

It was as if Senriyama is expecting Teru to be in the vanguard position, and implies this is usual for them.
I also curious about this although this 'maybe' can be explained by Kouko's commentary about how Shindouji used to have an offensive line up. I don't remember the exact line but basically she said they put a strong player on the front (Vanguard) and another in the middle (Sergeant/Lieutenant?)
-So as Teru is confirmed not playing as Vanguard in spring tournament
-She got to see through Shindouji's combo's secret and added with this line below....

Quote:
Toki: "Well, the match was practically decided before you could do anything."

Ryuuka: "If you were watching, I'm sure you saw... When Shiraitodai won..."

Toki: "Miyanaga-san, huh? Kind of unbelievable that she's just a 2nd year
This imply that Shiraitodai 'might' have used to shift their ace to various position for each tournament.... (It's Teru, wherever she is she can wreck her opponents to oblivion) BTW the line above also sounds like Ryuuka is referring to previous Inter-high because she said 'if Toki was watching' means Toki was not in regular team yet. And Teru's position was before Ryuuka (who was probably a captain too back then)
Although... Kokaji's line about Shiraitodai decide to place Teru in Vanguard position after she shows her power as last dealer make it sounds like Teru was in one solid position before as she make it sound like something unusual/sudden for Shiraitodai to do. At least that's how it is for me...

As for Senriyama expecting Teru to be in Vanguard position it can be two reasons...
First,
The reason Senriyama got second is because they have one more ace which is Toki, and she was Vanguard in spring tournament. There's a high chance when Teru's turn to play come Senriyama already raking a ridiculously high points so even though Teru plummeted everyone's score, Senriyama managed to get second. This make Shiraitodai perceive Toki as a bigger threat than Sera and Ryuuka thus matching Teru up with Toki. Shiraitodai already expecting a confrontation with Senriyama twice at least since they're first and fourth seed.
Second probable reason,
By summer Shiraitodai undoubtedly would go recruiting players to replace their graduates. But the most important is that they have to get a player in Teru's class, a National class monster to carry the team after Teru graduated. And if Shiraitodai follow standard ace+backup ace, there's a big chance they will place Teru as Vanguard so their new ace can gain experience in tournament as captain and so on.
Quote:
"The only first player's match at West Tokyo preliminaries that ended with a player running out of points was in this formation."


So far so good, Teru broke the record in the West Tokyo preliminaries by being the first person in the prefecture to put her opponent below zero in the first round. Well, this synced with what we know of Teru. Next quote:

"Shiraitodai High School decided to make Miyanaga Teru their first player after she showed her strength as the last dealer."
This could mean Teru showed her strength as last dealer when she was not a Vanguard, although it's weird Shiraitodai just realized this after having her in their line up for two years?

Quote:
Teru entered tournament first year. She was in a random position. Then, Shiraitodai realized how ridiculous she is and put her in the vanguard after the tournament. Guys, remember that it is the vanguard which is the regular ace position not the captain. Thus, second year onwards Teru is in the vanguard position except in last years spring tournament. I think this fit with all the facts everything considered.
I find it doubtful that they just 'realized' how ridiculous she is after going through one tournament first. Shiraitodai in spite of located in second rated player region seems to be old enough club to have a tradition to choose representative team with a tournament instead of standard choose your five strongest player. With this kind of system, I kind of doubt Teru won't stick out like crazy.
And also about second year onward she is the Vanguard....
Kokaji's line, "Shiraitodai High School decided to make Miyanaga Teru their first player after she showed her strength as the last dealer."
Make it sounds like this is the first time they shift her to Vanguard position... ace as Vanguard is dandy and not a bad decision however... it's standard, and as shown in QF of side A no matter how ridiculous your ace is, there's no point if players next in line waste those points away...
Fantasy-Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 03:07   Link #3827
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I've been reviewing the earlier chapters for a project I'm doing and been getting somewhat confused in Ep. 2.

Nodoka says after her East 3 bonus 1 win that she's 33400 points ahead of Saki.

Nodoka's POV Scores:
Nodoka: 25000 - 2000 + 7700 + 12000 + 11900 = 54600
Saki: 25000 + 7900 - 7700 - 4000 = 21200

54600-21200 is indeed 33400. Here's the problem: Nodoka won a 11600 + 300 hand... but Yuuki had declared a riichi. This would mean that she's actually 34400 points ahead...

But the rest of the game doesn't make sense if Nodoka is 34400 ahead. Am I getting something wrong? Why doesn't Nodoka get the 1000 points?

Edit: I'm stupid. I forgot that winning off of a riichi declared tile means that the 1000 points doesn't actually get put on the table (riichi declaration doesn't count).
__________________
<< katreus >>
tjalorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 15:07   Link #3828
Bladezer
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Hey guys lookie what I found:

Showcase for Achiga's abilities in Achiga portable:



Showcase for Senriyama abilities in Achiga portable:




Shiraitodai and Shindouji don't seem to have one yet.

Must say using the girls abilities looks to be fun, kinda weird seeing Kuro riichi though, also how Ako has ability yet Sera doesn't, well main character stances and all.

Also glad that Ryuuka doesn't have her anime ability, seeing has her having itkinda undermined the whole reason as to way she was the one to win over Shizu and her ability. Which is that Ryuuka is supposed to just be the more skilled player of the 2.
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 05:39   Link #3829
kantou
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
missing Koshigaya Girls' High School and Kentani High School ? why put Kiyosumi ? I sure that next year it will left a game with the team of group b
kantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 05:52   Link #3830
Bladezer
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantou View Post
missing Koshigaya Girls' High School and Kentani High School ? why put Kiyosumi ? I sure that next year it will left a game with the team of group b
Probably because those 2 schools have no real overbearing on the plot, and in Saki portable only the 4 most important schools were playable.

Why put Kiyosumi? Main characters, that's why
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 05:53   Link #3831
teja208
Critical fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere with anime and anime discussion is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantou View Post
missing Koshigaya Girls' High School and Kentani High School? why put Kiyosumi ?
Question 1 and 2: Maybe because there isn't enough lesbian hex.

Note: The answer applies to both two questions, but with different context.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 06:22   Link #3832
kantou
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezer View Post
Probably because those 2 schools have no real overbearing on the plot, and in Saki portable only the 4 most important schools were playable.

Why put Kiyosumi? Main characters, that's why
Main its achiga girl ? put kyosumi it's just fan service .... I hope that there will be bonus character.I absolutely wanted to play with Shindouji combo ace and Hanada -chan.
kantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 12:53   Link #3833
night_sentinel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Earth
I think its not because they are the main characters but because they have powers. If they used other schools, Kentani and Koshigaya. What will we actually get? Well probably they're avatars and they're voice over when they say the score. But the actual meat the interesting quirks in gameplay will not be there.

And I don't know about you guys, but I'll buy that game so I can play as a Saki characters with powers and fight against people with powers as well.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 15:11   Link #3834
night_sentinel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Earth
Yo. Someone has asked me an interesting question and it got me thinking the result is pretty much a text wall again though.

So what do you guys think?

http://randomwalloftext.wordpress.co...ith-onee-chan/
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 15:48   Link #3835
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Yo. Someone has asked me an interesting question and it got me thinking the result is pretty much a text wall again though.

So what do you guys think?

http://randomwalloftext.wordpress.co...ith-onee-chan/
Very interesting interpretation. Speaking of sensing abilities, my original thoughts were just to categorize Saki's knowledge of the dead wall and when she would kan with Koromo's similar ability to understand opponents' hand values...however, the idea that Saki sees the 'potential' of other players makes a lot of sense for her reactions to Yumi, Maho, and Kyouko.

Unfortunately, I'm not that much a fan of Himematsu so I dunno if I'd be happy to think that Kyouko might give a real challenge to Saki; but with the revelations you've brought to light, it would certainly be good writing (it'd probably be good writing anyway, I just hope Kyouko doesn't win). This is certainly some compelling insight into Saki's abilities though.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 20/5 :: Hanayamata 33/5 :: Locodol 30/5 :: Yama no Susume 60/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 05:51   Link #3836
kantou
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Side Story of Saki: Shinohayu the Dawn of Age is planned to be a series or it was only a one-shot? you think that Usuzan Himematsu High School and High School that can qualify for the final?Rinkai is favorite but I find the concept foreign team not very interesting ....
kantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 05:59   Link #3837
teja208
Critical fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere with anime and anime discussion is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantou View Post
Side Story of Saki: Shinohayu the Dawn of Age is planned to be a series or it was only a one-shot? you think that Usuzan Himematsu High School and High School that can qualify for the final?Rinkai is favorite but I find the concept foreign team not very interesting ....
Personally, I would judge how interesting the players are based on their skills and characterizations rather than their ethnic backgrounds.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 12:52   Link #3838
King-Slayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantou View Post
Side Story of Saki: Shinohayu the Dawn of Age is planned to be a series or it was only a one-shot? you think that Usuzan Himematsu High School and High School that can qualify for the final?Rinkai is favorite but I find the concept foreign team not very interesting ....
Shinohayu is going to be a series that starts in September. I've said from the beginning that Rinkai will make it to the finals so i'll stick to that. But how can you say that its not very interesting? We haven't seen anything but Satoha from them so far and she was pretty cool.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 17:29   Link #3839
kantou
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
there is already an idea of the capacity for Choe Myeonghwa and Nelly Virsaladze....Megan Davin has probably progress after his defeat against touka.this is a personal opinion, but the appearance and dress of character are not attractive and Satoha is character that I do not like...
kantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 19:23   Link #3840
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
So I've been looking at Ep. 4 and in particular the brief glimpse we get of Koromo's records.



It seems like Koromo won in East 1 (on the left). She gets a haitei raoyue and the next record is still East 1 (presumably bonus 1). However, she's been shifted down to South seat instead of staying in East seat for renchan. Why is she shifted down? Is the software just not good enough to handle renchans?
__________________
<< katreus >>
tjalorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.