AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-01-17, 22:33   Link #4481
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Yes!, Yes!, that's why Himematsu is going to go to the final round. NOT Rinkai / Uzuzan.
Do you want Teru to rape Kuro again? She needs help, and Yuuki won't be enough, plan or no plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Anyway, I just finished doing a review of the second episode and it really surprised me how the manga and the anime has been silently building Hisa's inevitable breakdown in the quarterfinal. I didn't notice that on my reading of the manga. And the OP is a troll, btw. They are building up Eisui and Jindai which is understandable but lol. ^^
I didn't notice it in the manga either, I thought it was original stuff from the anime. Interesting.

First candidate for troll of the year incoming. People are gonna be pissed.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 05:14   Link #4482
Azure_yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Do you want Teru to rape Kuro again? She needs help, and Yuuki won't be enough, plan or no plan.
Yes i want Teru to do it again and this time super hard after all Grandmaster said Teru only using her Somakyou in 1st round at team tournament, so maybe since Kuro and Toki play her for a fool in semi final this time payback and thousand fold:frustr ated: Yes Terus is going to use her Somakyou throughout the match

and after reading vanguard battle side B semi, theres only 2 people who might actually give champion some trouble Satoha (for her skill)and Yuki for her speed
Azure_yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 15:00   Link #4483
fukarming

Quote:
There is still the national tournament thing and world tournament thingy that was silently being built up in the manga. Touka can be of use there.
As much as I like that idea, given Ritz sensei's speed, we probably won't see the national tournament in 5 years and world tournament in 10...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure_yo View Post
Yes i want Teru to do it again and this time super hard after all Grandmaster said Teru only using her Somakyou in 1st round at team tournament, so maybe since Kuro and Toki play her for a fool in semi final this time payback and thousand fold:frustr ated: Yes Terus is going to use her Somakyou throughout the match

and after reading vanguard battle side B semi, theres only 2 people who might actually give champion some trouble Satoha (for her skill)and Yuki for her speed
I agree. I want Teru to rape everyone as hard as she can. If Teru can be stopped then there is no point for Teru and Saki meet on the table.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 20:24   Link #4484
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
I agree. I want Teru to rape everyone as hard as she can. If Teru can be stopped then there is no point for Teru and Saki meet on the table.
But if Teru isn't stopped to some degree the whole game ends right there. I like twists but that would be a little too much.
Old 2014-01-18, 21:57   Link #4485
raincrow

Quote:
So for Achiga, would Ako be a better vanguard for them then? Or is hoarding dora more valuable against Teru?
raincrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 00:53   Link #4486
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhazaru View Post
So for Achiga, would Ako be a better vanguard for them then?
This is all academic at this point, as the team positions are locked for the duration of the tourney.
Old 2014-01-19, 01:00   Link #4487
raincrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
This is all academic at this point, as the team positions are locked for the duration of the tourney.
Humor me
Old 2014-01-19, 01:50   Link #4488
Azure_yo

Quote:
Humor me
i'll say Ako but Ako speed is nowhere near Yuki (Yuki trade mark move is double richi ipatsu 'remember when she exclaim that Saki is using her move when she declare double rich ipatsu in episode 2, who know maybe she is improve enough and will able to get tenhou now(and we have and greatest monster of all)

As far as i can see, the one who will able to at least stop the champion is the one who can hog all the wait in champion hand in other word full defense (so maybe Shizu will be great for it (in other word if she can really manipulate the wall so that champion wait goes to her (if any other player then the possibility they will just discard it is so high, it doesn't matter her skill is asspull as long as there is use to it at least to make the match more interesting)

But if her ability only 'cancelar' then is no use, since champion has the skill just like Nodochi in online mode (she is skill enough without using superpower/monster ability)

Talking about Kuro, well she hog Dora then champion point value is low, just that no more no less, even if she discard it now champion already know about it, so, what i can say Kuro dora apam is going to be nothing if nobody able to stop champion before she got 8 win in a row
Old 2014-01-19, 02:35   Link #4489
King-Slayer

Quote:
So for Achiga, would Ako be a better vanguard for them then? Or is hoarding dora more valuable against Teru?
Hoarding the dora I think is more valuable. It makes it harder for Teru to raise her hand value and every time she does, she has to force her hand toward the more difficult yaku. Plus it makes her hand easier to read.

............at least according to the manga .
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 03:02   Link #4490
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

Quote:
I would have to say no as well.

Ako is their best player raw skill wise and standard strategy is to put your strongest players in the first and fifth positions. Strongest players esp mean those who can garner lots of points. The second through fourth positions often have to adjust strategies on the fly for the best possible situation for the fifth player. (Remember when in S1 they told Yuuki she was the first player because she could not count the points well? That comment hinted at her strength and weakness.)

For achiga Ako, Yu and Arata are very good strategic players who can adjust and draw from different styles as the need dictates. Kuro is primarily raw offense, and has a limited style options wise.

So no - I think it is better to have Kuro as the first player for Achiga. When she is on she racks up lots of points real fast.

There are certainly benefits against Teru specifically, but those are a sort of unexpected bonus and do not reflect common patterns.
Old 2014-01-19, 10:06   Link #4491
raincrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post

For achiga Ako, Yu and Arata are very good strategic players who can adjust and draw from different styles as the need dictates. Kuro is primarily raw offense, and has a limited style options wise.
That makes sense. So even if Ako could get the upper hand against Teru, they'd probably be mostly cheap hands, and so there wouldn't be terribly many points to work with for the rest of the match. And that wouldn't be great for their team, considering that Kuro isn't so hot on defense.

Quote:

As far as i can see, the one who will able to at least stop the champion is the one who can hog all the wait in champion hand in other word full defense (so maybe Shizu will be great for it (in other word if she can really manipulate the wall so that champion wait goes to her (if any other player then the possibility they will just discard it is so high, it doesn't matter her skill is asspull as long as there is use to it at least to make the match more interesting)

But if her ability only 'cancelar' then is no use, since champion has the skill just like
Teru with Shizu at the table would be interesting...she would understand what would happen to her hands later on, and so would probably have to make major bank before Shizu's power kicks in. That would be fine if they were both vanguard, but if they were both captain, I don't think it would be great for Teru to be conservative unless they had a monster lead.

Thanks guys I figured a speedy player would be good against Teru, but really only if the rest of their team can deal with the onslaughts later on.
Old 2014-01-19, 12:26   Link #4492
Marina2

Maho is the best person to throw at Teru. Teru's power need to proc only 1 time at the begining and the effect will remain untill the end of game. All you need to do is train Maho up HARD! ,so she can gain the full benefit from Teru power.

Oh, try to image the table where the player are Teru/ Saki / Shizu / Maho
Old 2014-01-19, 13:36   Link #4493
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Quote:
Maho is the best person to throw at Teru. Teru's power need to proc only 1 time at the begining and the effect will remain untill the end of game. All you need to do is train Maho up HARD! ,so she can gain the full benefit from Teru power.

Oh, try to image the table where the player are Teru/ Saki / Shizu / Maho
Shizu... . Maho, once trained I can see , But I can't take Shizu as an interesting player.

She is good enough but neither the manga or the anime give enough about her play style . We just know that she start the game as a normal player with a little above average skill and end with the capacity to block power the deeper she go in the wall , making long game her speciality and short game a nightmare for her ( Yuuki is her nemesis when it come to that )
Old 2014-01-19, 18:31   Link #4494
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post
Shizu... . Maho, once trained I can see , But I can't take Shizu as an interesting player.

She is good enough but neither the manga or the anime give enough about her play style . We just know that she start the game as a normal player with a little above average skill and end with the capacity to block power the deeper she go in the wall , making long game her speciality and short game a nightmare for her ( Yuuki is her nemesis when it come to that )
Shizu just need to play safe untill her power start to work. (i.e. stay low profile and let other play kill each other). Trianing will help her survive in this case. The fact that other players are likely to forget that she's on the table before her power start to work ( ) will also benefit her.
Old 2014-01-19, 18:52   Link #4495
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Shizu just need to play safe untill her power start to work. (i.e. stay low profile and let other play kill each other). Trianing will help her survive in this case. The fact that other players are likely to forget that she's on the table before her power start to work ( ) will also benefit her.
We're assuming Awai is nowhere near that table, right? Anyway, I agree Shizu could be an interesting player as long she has good enough instincts to know when to make a move. Of course, some basic training could help with that, which I'm sure Harue will provide since even she admits Shizu is kind of a baka right now.

Anyway, episode 3 of Zenkoku-hen was another fine piece of entertainment the fanbase should love.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2014-01-19, 19:15   Link #4496
night_sentinel

... You guys want to throw Shizu and Maho against Teru? I didn't know you guys hated them that much. ^^

Maho as of now will be no match against Teru. In a tournament setting, considering the isolation of the game room, she will only be able to copy 3 powers. One of them is a given which is Teru's (kinda useless for Maho. What will she do with the mirror?) After that she will only have two more power slots. And since, I think that the powers that Maho can copy won't change then; Teru will know about such powers and she will prepare for them. Not to mention that Maho's basic skills are a bit low... so yeah.

Shizu...

(I'll ignore the rushed development for now as we went over and over this.)

Exactly what will Shizu nullify? The mirror at the beginning when it was stated that her power worked better the later the match or was it the wall? Uggh.

Anyway, a straight up Shizu vs. anyone in monster tier would not work very well. As Marina2 said Shizu is better sidelined in the corner and not making a peep to attract attention. She will be crushed on most 1 on 1 against a monster. On the other hand, if the other 2 players can hold or stand equal footing with said monster. She can sneak a winning blow using her powers.

Which is also the reason why Kuro did well in the semifinal round than in the quarters. In the quarters, its 1 on 1 against Toki. While in the semifinal she did not receive the full brunt. Since Toki was locking horns with Teru. Achiga's power or more like Shizu and Kuro act more like a limiter. In MMORPG terms, they're probably the one casting status effect on the boss. But, if they took said boss 1 on 1 they'll die. They probably need to have a tank and a damager to be successful.

*Looks at the possible lineup for the finals*

lol

Last edited by night_sentinel; 2014-01-19 at 21:15. Reason: wrong count
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 20:17   Link #4497
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Maho Oh, try to image the table where the player are Teru/ Saki / Shizu / Maho
Quote:
... You guys want to throw Shizu and Maho against Teru? I didn't know you guys hated them that much. ^^

Not to mention Saki being there on the said table...

I can imagine Maho fainting before the match can even begin...

As for Shizu... she can wait it off while the two Miyanagas take on each other while she charge her power... but can she can really pull off something in this situation? can she use her power against those two? the way I see this is like a deer watching two lions fighting off each other to see who gets the prey... if the deer makes any noise then it may cause the two lions sharing it for dinner...

Anyway, about episode three... could Fujita-pro somehow be family related to Hisa? I mean maybe an aunt or something... the way they interact seems they're really close... maybe from her previous dad?
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 20:45   Link #4498
raincrow

Quote:

Exactly what will Shizu nullify? The mirror at the beginning when it was stated that her power worked better the later the match or was it the wall? Uggh.
Good point. The mirror would still activate and she'd "get" everyone and understand their play. But there's also her increasing hand values with her little tornado arm. That might be something that can be stoppable by Shizu later on if it's a power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post

Anyway, about episode three... could Fujita-pro somehow be family related to Hisa? I mean maybe an aunt or something... the way they interact seems they're really close... maybe from her previous dad?
I really hope both that and Hisa's background are examined soon. Been waiting way too long
Old 2014-01-21, 02:37   Link #4499
Azure_yo

Quote:
Good point. The mirror would still activate and she'd "get" everyone and understand their play. But there's also her increasing hand values with her little tornado arm. That might be something that can be stoppable by Shizu later on if it's a power.
I don't think it's a power that can be exploit by the power who manipulated wall in your own will 'Shizu power (Manipulated Deep Mountain)', and also in my opinion this habit of Teru might be similar to Saki +/-0 after all their root it's the same, maybe in Teru case instead of choosing neither win/loss she choose to give her opponent (her family a leeway)

'I start with lower score if you don't want me to win too much(angry) then stop me before i reach it, but if you can't then it's your own fault'
Old 2014-01-21, 08:59   Link #4500
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

As far as I can see there are really only two ways to "break" the power of Teru's mirror: the first is the intrinsically change inside, like Kuro did. The second (and this is entirely a guess on my part) is not to be seen in the first place.

There are "weaknesses" to her playing style (even with all her opponents being seen in her mirror), but these require players with a fair amount of moxy to overcome... again, as evidenced by the match against Toki, Kuro and "Subara-desu!". Even then Teru thrashed them pretty good.

For all of the above I would think that both Shizu and Maho would be dead meat.

As for the random defense of not being able to be seen in the first place... I still can't shake the idea that Saki does something precisely like this - she has an ability to manipulate the flow on an incredibly deep level when she is not "agitated" on the surface by her emotions, whether they be of fear or fuzzy contentment. When she is focused and serious Saki's control and ability to manipulate both the flow of the game and the tile distribution is unparalled.

The only other player I can think of that might be able to nullify Teru's mirror is Jindai - particularly if Teru tried to take a glimpse while the gods had descended inside her in full force. I still believe Jindai is going to be unveiled as a fearful creature in the Individuals, as was hinted at in the manga.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri