AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-20, 14:13   Link #141
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post

Zephyr </3
why? i don't think there's anything else wrong with him except that he's being emo from time to time, not caring about his well-being (jumping off the balcony after protecting leanne's statuette)... and a mentally disturbed person? (in the intro)
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 14:30   Link #142
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Lol no, I meant I like him. </3 as in he shot my heart with an arrow. (..That is the sign for it right? ) I actually like him because of how he comes off. xD Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I really like him though, him being emo doesn't matter much long as he isn't a hypocrite and is wallowing in self pity, I'm fine with him. Also, I like mentally disturbed people.

They make me giggle xD
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 21:50   Link #143
KrimzonStriker

Let's be honest, if he didn't regret what happened then I'm quite certain I'd hate him, at the very least however he manges to keep cool for most of the game... Also, just to be sure
Spoiler for About Zephyr:
Old 2010-04-21, 01:32   Link #144
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'm finishing FFXIII and looking for a new RPG, my bro mentioned this one so I gotta ask, how good is it when it comes to:
a) characters
b) plot
c) graphics
d) gameplay
e) sound
f) hours it takes to complete (FFXIII was extremely short for an FF, almost complete at 50 hours where FFX had kept me occupied for over 130h).
Old 2010-04-21, 01:59   Link #145
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
The story isn't mediocre, believe me.

Outside of the story are the graphics are quite wonderful, and the voice acting isn't half bad. Plus the battle system is just too much fun. It quite literally makes Gunslinging into an Olympic sport lol.

A sequel is quite likely, I'm personally looking forward to seeing what the old and new characters have to offer. The battle system isn't perfect, but it's very fun. Though you will need to play it yourself.

Zephyr </3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I'm finishing FFXIII and looking for a new RPG, my bro mentioned this one so I gotta ask, how good is it when it comes to:
a) characters
b) plot
c) graphics
d) gameplay
e) sound
f) hours it takes to complete (FFXIII was extremely short for an FF, almost complete at 50 hours where FFX had kept me occupied for over 130h).
a) zephyr = psychotic personality = new generation of coolness!
vashyron = puff daddy cool... and huge pervert (ok... maybe not that much) but you'll see what I mean in chapter 4 was it? (check the vid on the last page)
leanne/reanbell w/ black hair dye = ultra-kawaii!! period.

c) almost on par with FFXIII imo

d) the combat system is addicting and I don't really care about what other ppl says when they say bad things about it, maybe they just kept getting killed all the time... (use TA it'll make it alot easier) just trust the ppl who finished the game when they say it's great they mean it. Not to mention charcter customization where you can customize your characters appearance however you want as long as you have certain items.

f) honestly... it depends because you'll be busy level grinding your characters on early chapters because it's mostly possible that some bosses even mini-bosses will be way stronger than you... some are level 60-70 already before you reach half of the game...
Old 2010-04-21, 04:37   Link #146
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Alright, sounds good enough for me, thanks
Old 2010-04-22, 03:44   Link #147
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
a) characters
b) plot
c) graphics
d) gameplay
e) sound
Well have to be fair the plot was terrible(might get better later on, but I just got bored before I got there). It's the reason I quit the game halfway. I really wanted to like the game, but the lack of plot is amazing. If you want me to elaborate, I can't there's just nothing of a storyline to speak off. At least in the start it's episodic, but those episodes aren't interesting and superficial. The rest of the game is pretty good though, loved the character, the art style and the gameplay as well.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 22:25   Link #148
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
It's sort of a pet peeve but
Spoiler for somewhat:

darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 21:53   Link #149
FateAnomaly

Just bought the game. Only played a little bit past the tutorial. I have 1 question. Is the intro where the girl commit suicide and the guy rescue her part of the story or is it just there for the coolness?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 22:27   Link #150
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

yes it's part of the story since that's how they met and the story revolves around her
Old 2010-04-28, 03:36   Link #151
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Do you really want to know...?

Spoiler for hint:

As for me, I think Arena is starting to get on my nerves. Why did they decide it was supposed to be 10 wins each rank to get the star? Why not like 5? Sheesh, the difference in levels of the opponents when you're at 5 wins and 10 wins is so inconsequential that it boggles my mind as to why they want you to slog through 5 more attempts just to get the star rating. >_<

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 04:15   Link #152
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

you're not the only one and to top it all off there are 50 ranks to complete the arena, so that makes 50 ranks x 10 wins for a star = 500 wins to get each stars for each ranks *sigh*. But hey if you look at the bright side, you can purchase all the items that you want from the arena.
Old 2010-04-29, 03:51   Link #153
FateAnomaly

Ah, just got around to reading the manual. So the crazy guy and the hero is Zephyr and the cute girl is Leanne. (Different hair though)

Really like Leanne character design. Super cute and her starter attire is pretty cool. Her victory pose looks stiff though.

The game is pretty brutal imo. Just fresh out of prologue i thought i could go do the next main mission. Then bam a lv11 "drum creature" totally kick my ass. Maybe my level was too low i thought so i go do the side mission to recover the power station. Bam, a lv13 "machine gun creature" hand kick my ass. Still the combat is pretty fun even though i havn't gotten the hang of it yet. Also i can't seem to find my character stats (atk,def, etc) .
Old 2010-04-29, 09:53   Link #154
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yep, its them. I prefer Leanne's old hairstyle though, such a shame hairstyle ain't one of the options to 'accessorize' your characters.

Also, the only character stats that you have are HP and Weight. Former being obvious (in fact its the ONLY defensive stat), while latter is your limit when equipping customizations for your weapons.

Speaking of weapons, the stats are as follows (and its only these stats that determine your offense)....
Attack Power: Damage inflicted per each shot

Guage break: how easy it is to break enemy's gauges (so you can collect more bezels per health bar, up to a maximum of 5)

Knockback/Knockdown: a misnomer, as its the rate you make enemies airborne

Charge Speed: Base speed of your charge

Charge Acceleration: The % increase in speed applied every time you get a full charge. This has a compound effect FYI

Rate of Fire: determines how fast you shoot in critical condition (ie. when you have zero bezels). Pretty much useless, as when your in crit condition, you only recover maybe only 20% of the time, and retry option is dirt cheap

Focus: The higher the number, the straighter your shot. Low numbers means that you start outright missing with a good number of your shots even at close range

Magazine: how many bullets you have per each attack. Thus a weapon's expected regular damage output per attack is Attack Power X Magazine Size X MG charge multiplier/HG skill activation multiplier X enemy resistance/weakness to weapon element.

As for enemies, drum creatures are easy, because if you get rid of the body part that is NOT their legs, they blow up. Powerplant is actually a later stage, so don't get there until you've got the hang of the battle system.

As for 'leveling' (I'd like to call it practice), use Arena. To be honest, its not really your HP levels that matter (in fact higher hp levels carry bigger risks because it takes more bezels whenever you're fully scratched), but your ability to use the game mechanics to your advantage. I suggest, at the very least, to Star all the ranks available to you in chapter 1.

Might as well try to learn tri-attacking in the arena early. The best way to tri-attack is this...

-Assuming Vashyron w/HG is in position 1, Zephyr w/MG is in position 2, Leanne w/HG in position 3. All three are at the south side of the map. Also remember when using hero runs, HG users are better off attack at 1 charge usually (unless you really REALLY want to break a gauge in order to stun an enemy), while MG users are better off using a full charged attack.

-Hero run Vashyron between Zephyr/Leanne, but you have to angle him in such a way that he goes to the northwest part of the map. Have him target one enemy at a time trying to kill them, or try to remove body parts of enemies in order to make up for the bezel you spent. Take careful planning of his route in that he doesn't stop near a lot of enemies

-Hero run Zephyr to the northeast part of the map, fully scratching at least one enemy that Vashyron did NOT target

-Hero run Leanne somewhere to the north of the map (doesn't matter really as long as you get the resonance point), targeting the fully scratched enemy initially but have her route take her near a weakened enemy by Vashyron. This way you kill the scratched enemy first, then switch over to a weakened enemy to finish them off

-Do NOT use tri-attack yet, even though you have 3 resonance points. Use L/R button or LB/RB to switch to Leanne again, and move her back south, ideally somewhere near your starting position. Again, target whoever is weak or needs their body part removed.

-Finally tri-attack, using Vashyron, Zephyr, Leanne order, mainly because Vashyron gets the least XP from this.

Since you moved Leanne back somewhere south, you've greatly increased the size of your triangle, to the point where each side is roughly the size of one hero run. Which is good, since the length of the sides of your triangle determine how long your tri-attack lasts. Not only that, but since you got 1 more resonance point (total of 4), each of your attackers moves 4 sides total of the triangle, rather than 3.

Meaning of course that you are getting (4 hero run length sides X 3 attackers) 12 hero runs for the price of 1 bezel in that one tri-attack, or in total you got 15 hero runs for 4 bezels.

Compare if you immediatly tri-attacked when you have 3 resonance points. Since your triangle is small, you have one side roughly the length of one hero run, but the other 2 are only half the size. And since you only have 3 resonance points, your tri-attack is only worth 6 hero runs for 1 bezel, or 8 hero runs for 3 bezels in total.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 23:32   Link #155
FateAnomaly

Thanks for the help. I managed to clear to chapter 2 last night. Previously those drum creatures seem to shrug off my attacks but when i tried again last night they blow up in 1 hit. Almost died to the tarman boss (darn obstacles) but managed to kill it in time.

Still have a few questions though. Sometimes my attacks seem to only ping the enemy for 1 dmg each especially the machine gun creature (like the shield block it?). But sometimes it does normal dmg. Also there is a curved bar below the enemy health bar. Is that the armor or something?
Old 2010-04-30, 00:43   Link #156
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

it's the armor. you'll need to destroy it before you hit the main body so you can inflict normal dmg to your enemies or you can hit the other part that has no shield around it.
Old 2010-04-30, 00:53   Link #157
FateAnomaly

But when i aim other parts, it just rotate the shield to face me...
Old 2010-04-30, 01:16   Link #158
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

did you try jumping over them? it'll hit random parts as far as i know
Old 2010-04-30, 03:48   Link #159
FateAnomaly

Jump? How do you do that? Speaking of jumping reminds me of something that piss me off in the game. The characters can do those combat acrobatics but unable to cross a 1ft high obstacle....
Old 2010-04-30, 05:53   Link #160
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Jump? How do you do that? Speaking of jumping reminds me of something that piss me off in the game. The characters can do those combat acrobatics but unable to cross a 1ft high obstacle....
Do you talk to the npcs? The first thing they tell you is to go to the colosseum and visit the tutorial.

If you've read the manual thoroughly and went through the tutorial, you shouldn't have any complaints.

People always wanted a complex yet fun battle system and this is one of them.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps3, rpg, tri-ace