AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2009-04-07, 22:07   Link #1
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Kakashi Gaiden Will Be Animated [Spoiler]

It's been recently confirmed that an anime based on the special chapter will air sometime during the summer or before the third Naruto Shippuden movie is released in theaters. Here's the scans to prove it.

Spoiler for Scan 1:

Spoiler for Character designs:

Translation of the blue box:

カカシ外伝~戦場のボーイズライフ
Kakashi Gaiden - Boys' life on a battlefield
TVアニメ化決定‼
It's now decieded, there will be an TV animation version‼
若きカカシを描いたSが初アニメ化‼
The series with young Kakashi will start in anime version‼
今年の劇場版を楽しむの重要なシーンが‼
Enjoy him in a major scene of this summer's movie‼
放送日など、待て続報‼
Don't miss the regular TV broadcasts and watch out for the follow up reports [in the Jump]‼

So, we'll get the Kakashi Gaiden in the TV series and a scene with young Kakashi in the movie.
FruitsPunchSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 22:18   Link #2
james0246

Pretty cool. I wonder how long the arc will last on television. 6 episodes? Or, will they stretch it out to 12, or even 20 or so (to fill a season)? LOL, maybe they will create entirely new arcs for chibi-Kakashi and his Team 7 to undertake.

One big question: will they use Yondaime's name or not? For instance, the picture above does not list his name, but instead refers to him only as Kiiroi Senkō (Yellow Flash).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 22:18   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

So there are still things from Naruto that I can look forward to? While I'm not familiar with the detail about the Kakashi Gaiden, I've been spoiled enough to know Kakashi in his youth was a fun bag. What I'm even more excited about is the fact we get to see Mr. Big Bad Ass in action where every ninja in Konoha inspires to be.

I'll be looking forward to it. The only worries are that the assholes who has ruined Naruto's story for me with their creativity, will find something to do with the Gaiden. Please let me enjoy Naruto as I once used to even if it is for couple of episodes.
Old 2009-04-07, 22:34   Link #4
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
So there are still things from Naruto that I can look forward to? While I'm not familiar with the detail about the Kakashi Gaiden, I've been spoiled enough to know Kakashi in his youth was a fun bag. What I'm even more excited about is the fact we get to see Mr. Big Bad Ass in action where every ninja in Konoha inspires to be.

I'll be looking forward to it. The only worries are that the assholes who has ruined Naruto's story for me with their creativity, will find something to do with the Gaiden. Please let me enjoy Naruto as I once used to even if it is for couple of episodes.
Aww poor Monir, how did they ruin it for you?

They best make the battle scenes better this may be the only time we get to see Minato in action and I just dont want 5 seconds of awesome I want a whole episode dedicated to Minato's Crowning Moment of Awesome

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 22:35   Link #5
Gamma_Sennin

This works out perfectly for the anime team... not only will it provide meaningful and interesting cannon material, but it will also help lengthen the gap between anime and manga... which hopefully will stop them from polluting our screens with filler..

@James - they will most likely use sensei, but then it wouldn't be to much of a plot spoiler if they used his name but who knows...

Anyways, ive wanted to see yondaime animated for so long... bring on the kakashi gaiden.. sure makes me giddy like a little girl at a miley cryris concert... hmm but thats coz in terms of anime we havent had much to look forward to of late..
Gamma_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 23:44   Link #6
Fran~
floating away...

If yondaime is in it, it will be win... if not... it will be fail.
Old 2009-04-08, 00:00   Link #7
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Aww poor Monir, how did they ruin it for you?
About couple of years of filler after the godly episode of 133, and the incessant yawn-fest the Shippuden translates to with their adamant insistence on enhancing the core material... aka filler that doesn't flow well with the manga storyline. I won't bore you with my sob story.
Old 2009-04-08, 00:56   Link #8
james0246

^Whatever you do then don't go and look at the Shippuden Movie 3 thread else you will be shocked by just how far the filler can deviate from the manga...then again, Sora kind of did that anyway .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 01:04   Link #9
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Whatever you do then don't go and look at the Shippuden Movie 3 thread else you will be shocked by just how far the filler can deviate from the manga...then again, Sora kind of did that anyway .
Movies actually don't bother me as much considering the stories gives a viable impression about how removed and detached it is from the theme of the show. The fantastic animation that goes along for those action sequence also helps. With movies, there are some thoughts go behind to make the story flow well with the original/filler material. And also, there is an end after a certain duration. With the Naruto TV series, there is no end in sight. No promise of finality. It's an endless cycle of rinse and repeat of dreadful creativity. *sniff*

Anyway, I'll stop whining before I'm yelled at by folks who are enjoying the Shippuden. *Please don't hurt me*
Old 2009-04-08, 01:09   Link #10
iceyfw

kakashi gaiden to be animated into TV episodes? woot! they better not mess up that one particular scene and i know you manga readers know what i'm talking about
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 01:28   Link #11
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
It's about time they animate it.
Old 2009-04-08, 05:40   Link #12
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Pretty cool. I wonder how long the arc will last on television. 6 episodes? Or, will they stretch it out to 12, or even 20 or so (to fill a season)?
lol, no. I think it's 5-6 manga chapters long, so it's gonna be 3-4 episodes long in the anime.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 05:51   Link #13
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

I think this would be the 1st time in years i'd watch animated Naruto in a run, because of this story arc. Since the great Years of the Fillers, I've picked up occasionaly episodes that might be good, but it's been 1-2 in a row max.

Woot woot.
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 05:56   Link #14
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2009-04-08, 09:30   Link #15
StevOmaru
Thats So CA$H

I think this is a great idea, it is a little arc in the Naruto story that has great and in some ways important content that will help those who only watch Naruto animated understand what manga readers already know.

I look forward to the animated version.
StevOmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 10:42   Link #16
MafiaSoldier
Member of the Anime Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitsPunchSamurai View Post
It's been recently confirmed that an anime based on the special chapter will air sometime during the summer or before the third Naruto Shippuden movie is released in theaters. Here's the scans to prove it.

Spoiler for Scan 1:

Spoiler for Character designs:

Translation of the blue box:

カカシ外伝~戦場のボーイズライフ
Kakashi Gaiden - Boys' life on a battlefield
TVアニメ化決定‼
It's now decieded, there will be an TV animation version‼
若きカカシを描いたSが初アニメ化‼
The series with young Kakashi will start in anime version‼
今年の劇場版を楽しむの重要なシーンが‼
Enjoy him in a major scene of this summer's movie‼
放送日など、待て続報‼
Don't miss the regular TV broadcasts and watch out for the follow up reports [in the Jump]‼

So, we'll get the Kakashi Gaiden in the TV series and a scene with young Kakashi in the movie.

Well this is interesting news indeed, I love Kakashi's character so I am really looking foward to this! I bet it will be a 12 or 13 episode thing, I wouldn't count on an entire season worth though.....

Join the family
MafiaSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 10:49   Link #17
StevOmaru
Thats So CA$H

Quote:
Originally Posted by MafiaSoldier View Post
Well this is interesting news indeed, I love Kakashi's character so I am really looking foward to this! I bet it will be a 12 or 13 episode thing, I wouldn't count on an entire season worth though.....
I wouldn't count on this being all that many episodes, I don't think it could reach 10 episodes if they don't add any scenes. I could see it becoming somewhere around 10+ if they add in some scenes.

This arc was only a few chapters long and it was only a bonus story that was included in the manga in volume 27 which is the last volume of Naruto before it goes into Naruto Shippuden.
StevOmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 10:56   Link #18
Fran~
floating away...

Kakashi Gaiden's Chapters= 239 to 244... just 6 chapters...
Old 2009-04-08, 11:37   Link #19
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

Got banned for 4 days from NF, so I'll be checking the spoilers here...

Wow... I haven't seen this forums in 4 years!
I must say, it hasn't changed much.
And the famous Hunter is still here too!
The nostalgia...
Old 2009-04-08, 16:02   Link #20
Forever
Revealing the truth

Hmm why cant they make it into a movie instead? It will be so much better than 4 episodes.