AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-14, 15:14   Link #201
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τη λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
Actually, that is not valid anymore.

Have you read what you actually quoted?

I am seeing there that the man who may be an equal of Newgate was also included within the power of that crew. Blackbeard is considered a part of that crew. If you can bring a databook argument that actually includes the current information, I would not mind following that, until then, I cannot.

And I also agree with James's statement that it is not an argument that you can use to compare him with Dragon's army.
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 15:17   Link #202
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
Do you realize that this Pirate crew, is a world power, which in this One Piece World, World Powers > Army's.
You went ahead of yourelf there. I'm guessing that you meant Army as Revolutionaries, but we don't know how many of them.
Whitebeard isn't a World Power, he is part of it.

It's mostly Younkou vs WG+Shichibukai, but Shichibukai aren't as reliable as WG would want them to seem.
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 15:21   Link #203
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Actually, that is not valid anymore.
Oh really?

Quote:
Have you read what you actually quoted?
Have you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odas mouth
Whitebeard Pirate Crew - strongest pirate crew in all the Blues!!

Power
Possessing the honourable title of "the world's strongest", they aim for the top of the pirates' league!!
not to mention, they are the ones who set the bar for the Yonkou, and are the closet to One Piece, hell there crew fought many times with Rogers crew.


Quote:
I am seeing there that the man who may be an equal of Newgate was also included within the power of that crew. Blackbeard is considered a part of that crew. If you can bring a databook argument that actually includes the current information, I would not mind following that, until then, I cannot.
Sorry friend, the Yellow Data came out after Blackbeard left the crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
You went ahead of yourelf there. I'm guessing that you meant Army as Revolutionaries, but we don't know how many of them.
Whitebeard isn't a World Power, he is part of it.

It's mostly Younkou vs WG+Shichibukai, but Shichibukai aren't as reliable as WG would want them to seem.
True, but that still don't take away the fact that the WG is gathering both powers to fight one Pirate crew who is apart of the World Powers. Not to mention the Yonkou fight amongst each other, and don't team up, to fight the other powers of the world.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 15:33   Link #204
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τη λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
Oh really?

Have you?

not to mention, they are the ones who set the bar for the Yonkou, and are the closet to One Piece, hell there crew fought many times with Rogers crew.

Sorry friend, the Yellow Data came out after Blackbeard left the crew.
Yes, really, and I have. It doesn't matter when it came out. Does it include Blackbeard or not? The below quote says it does, despite your efforts to exclude that information in your quotes.

Quote:
Whitebeard Pirate Crew - strongest pirate crew in all the Blues!!

Captain: Edward Newgate
1st division leader: Marco
2nd division leader: Portgas D. Ace
Deserted from 2nd division: Marshall D. Teach
3rd division leader: Jozu
... up to the 16th division leader
If Blackbeard was not in the equation, why include his name there? Maybe the answer is simpler than you think. Even though Blackbeard has already left the crew, it may not be what Newgate is thinking. Considering that a pirate leaving the crew is a decision the captain should make, maybe what we see reflects that view.

Does not that also mean maybe Oda didn't want to give the current standings after Blackbeard left the crew? Maybe to prepare everyone for the unexpected results based on those standings.
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 15:40   Link #205
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Yes, really, and I have. It doesn't matter when it came out. Does it include Blackbeard or not? The below quote says it does, despite your efforts to exclude that information in your quotes.



If Blackbeard was not in the equation, why include his name there? Maybe the answer is simpler than you think. Even though Blackbeard has already left the crew, it may not be what Newgate is thinking. Considering that a pirate leaving the crew is a decision the captain should make, maybe what we see reflects that view.

Does not that also mean maybe Oda didn't want to give the current standings after Blackbeard left the crew? Maybe to prepare everyone for the unexpected results based on those standings.
You quoted it.
Deserted from 2nd division: Marshall D. Teach

So he was not Included.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 15:47   Link #206
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τη λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
No he was included. A person being excluded means, his name should not be listed there within the group he does not belong to. Am I clear enough?
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 15:54   Link #207
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
No he was included. A person being excluded means, his name should not be listed there within the group he does not belong to. Am I clear enough?
LOL! your clear but not making sense.

It don't say he was included, its telling us he Deserted from 2nd division, you don't count a Deserter. Not to mention Blackbeard, did nothing but hide in the shadows of Whitebeards name, waiting for his fruit to come along.

either way, weather you like it or not, its stated they are the current strongest Pirate crew.

Canon > Your Opinions
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 16:05   Link #208
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τη λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
Blackbeard was being hunted by Whitebeard, as if he was still a member of that crew, not as an outsider. That is why Ace was responsible for his hunt. Otherwise a stronger person would have been sent to deal with him, as if he was an outsider enemy, since there would not be a need to follow a hierarchy the moment such decision was made. So, yes, he was in every way included within the Whitebeard crew, based on what Whitebeard and his creator was thinking, when that document was published, when his name was also listed there.

In no acceptable logic, you include a name that is not considered a part of a crew, especially when that person already has his own crew.

In good weather, in bad weather, whether you like it or not. And, at the end, it does not matter what you think, or what I think, if we are supposed to believe in the accuracy in that document, then we should take into account everything it includes.
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 16:12   Link #209
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
Do you realize that this Pirate crew, is a world power, which in this One Piece World, World Powers > Army's.
What you need to understand here is that Whitebeard's pirate crew is simply known as the strongest pirate crew. That's all that is said about them. We have absolutely no idea how his crew compares to the revolutionary army strength wise, and therefore you're just making assumptions by stating they are stronger overall than the revolutionaries. You're basically comparing apples and oranges, and it just doesn't work.
__________________
Speed is weight. Have you ever been kicked at the speed of light?
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 16:20   Link #210
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Blackbeard was being hunted by Whitebeard, as if he was still a member of that crew. So, yes, he was in every way included within the Whitebeard crew, when that document was published, when his name was also listed there.
Thats because Blackbeard is Whitebeard responsibility for him killing his son, and no ones else's, anyone who attacks Whitebeards sons will gain his wrath, even if he was apart of the crew/ a son of his, Key word was.

Blackbeards name is listed under Deserted!


Quote:
In no acceptable logic, you include a name that is not considered a part of a crew, especially when that person already has his own crew.
They are not including his name as apart of Whitebeard's crew for the simple fact Blackbeards name is under Deserted!!!!!!!

Quote:
Captain: Edward Newgate<-------Part of the crew,
1st division leader: Marco<--------Part of the crew,
2nd division leader: Portgas D. Ace<-------Part of the crew.
Deserted from 2nd division: Marshall D. Teach <-----Not apart of the crew.
3rd division leader: Jozu<------Part of the crew
... up to the 16th division leader <-----Part of the crew

Quote:
In good weather, in bad weather, whether you like it or not. And, at the end, it does not matter what you think, or what I think, if we are supposed to believe in the accuracy in that document, then we should take into account everything it includes.
I always do, you on the other hand have a problem with the Whitebeard Pirates being the strongest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
What you need to understand here is that Whitebeard's pirate crew is simply known as the strongest pirate crew. That's all that is said about them. We have absolutely no idea how his crew compares to the revolutionary army strength wise, and therefore you're just making assumptions by stating they are stronger overall than the revolutionaries. You're basically comparing apples and oranges, and it just doesn't work.
Apart of the World Powers and Strongest the Yonkou have to offer > NOT apart of the World Powers.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 16:29   Link #211
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
Apart of the World Powers and Strongest the Yonkou have to offer > NOT apart of the World Powers army.
You are misunderstanding here. You've repeated this so many times already and it hasn't gotten your argument anywhere. Whitebeard and his crew are only being compared amongst pirates only, which is the reason why they are referred to as the "Strongest Pirate Crew". The revolutionaries are not pirates, so there is no indication that they are weaker than the Whitebeard pirates. We simply do not know of their strength at this point and how they compare to the Whitebeard pirates, and thus so many members have addressed this to you already.
__________________
Speed is weight. Have you ever been kicked at the speed of light?
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 16:31   Link #212
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τη λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
Thats because Blackbeard is Whitebeard responsibility for him killing son, and no ones else's, anyone who attacks Whitebeards sons will gain his wrath, even if he was apart of the crew, Key word was.

He name is listed under Deserted!
Actually, Blackbeard was Ace's responsibility, more than Whitebeard. If the wrath would fall down on the whole crew, then Ace would not be the one to be sent after him. A man as experienced as Whitebeard should have an idea regarding the strength comparison between Ace and Blackbeard, regardless of how much the person was hiding his strength. And, if Blackbeard was not considered as a member, then he would have acted accordingly. There was no reason to follow a hierarchy for someone you consider as an outsider.

Quote:
They are not including his name as apart of Whitebeard's crew for the simple fact Blackbeards name is under Deserted!
That list is the member list. How can you exclude a name when you are already placing the name there? Regardless of his status, deserted, missing, etc, he was still considered as a member-to-be-killed by Whitebeard. And I strongly believe, that is what Oda was referring to, using that way to represent Blackbeard within the member list.

Quote:
I always do, you on the other hand have a problem with the Whitebeard Pirates being the strongest.
On the opposite. I don't have a problem with the facts. But, if there are statements open to different interpretations, especially based on the story's context, I do prefer to think about those problems. Instead of ignoring them based on a problem that I may have, if that wouldn't be the case. See the example of your buddy Phenom, and his acts whenever the name Mihawk passes.
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 16:38   Link #213
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Fipskuul the reason why Blackbeard's name is there is because it's an information book. It implies that Blackbeard used to be part of WB's crew, in case someone dosn't go to Blackbeard's part of the book. This is just that sort of information.

Ace went for Blackbeard since he was his division captain, and Whitebeard couln't forgive killing a nakama (which makes me think why "killing" was the only way, but then I remember that Blackbeard is evil character). Blackbeard was consider not so strong, as he wasn't a division commander himself, and later when Shanks came with info on their deserter Whitebeard was eighter too prideful or had too much fairth in Ace.

Blackbeard D. Kuma - exactly, this is yet another thing that we don't know and have almost nothing to speculate about, because we have nearly no real info on strenght of one armies. It would be like comparing Magellan to Iwa in the chapter Iwa was first mention by Bon-chan.
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 16:41   Link #214
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
Who's hasn't been fighting the WG?

Again if the title of most wanted was a title for nothing but strength, it would be under Whitebeards belt for he is the strongest.
So...Dragon is greater than Whitebeard because the title is about more than just strength...? I am confused by what you mean. Their titles can't really be compared because, at least for Dragon, we are not really sure why he has the title to begin with. Suffice to say, Dragon's title is arguably greater than Whitebeards (which is most impressive, the supposed Strongest, or the supposed Most Wanted (why am I even asking? you are going to automatically simply say Strongest is a better title...)).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
For the simple fact, that WG are still in power, and have yet to lose big.
Uhm, Dragon is also still in power and his forces and potentially abilities are ever increasing...so who looks better, the World controlling militarized group that is in command of millions of troops (not to mention Island destroying Admirals and Ships) or the rebel insurgents that have been fighting for a short time but have caused so much damage that their leader has been given the title of Most Wanted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
The one with flawed logic is yours, for the Yonkou fight against the WGs world powers, they are not apart of the WG, yet they are apart of the World powers, that keeps the world from falling into chaos. So you can try to think up another excuse on why Dragon isn't a world power.
You do realize that Yonkou is an assigned title provided by the WG to identify the 4 most powerful pirates in the New World. It is not an organization, nor do its individual members have any strict policy for or against the WG. The only reason Whitebeard is marching on the WG is because they attacked him. Otherwise, he would have left them alone, just like he has been doing his whole life.

That being said, you are majorly obssesed with the idea of the 3 Party system. If you were correct, and all that mattered were the World Parties, the Dragon and his revolution would have been destroyed a long time ago. But, he hasn't. And, the only legitimate reason why the revolution hasn't been squashed is beacause the Marines cannot defeat them (maybe they cannot defeat them because they were too focused on the various Yonkou (which is a little backwards, considering that half of the Shichibukai are probably stationed to fight against the Yonkou (as well as at least Admiral); so splitting both the Shichibukai and the Marines to deal with the Yonkou would still leave the other part of the Shichibukai and the Marines to deal with the Revolutionaries), I do not know (maybe after the WG crushes Whitebeard (and he will be crushed), they will be able to invest both the Shichibukai and the Marines to defeating the Revolutionaries). But, I do know that the WG fears Dragon's various abilities so much that they have labeled him the Most Wanted Man).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
Dragon runs and hides from the WG, during this during the war, Dragon will have to stick his neck out. hence the line "is the WG trying to lure Dragon out."
You do realize that while Dragon has been directly confronting the WG all along, it was actually Whitebeard that was staying out of their way for years on end? And that he was only "lured" out by their capture of Ace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
No, The Whitebeard Pirates are the strongest Pirate crew in all blues.
And, as I said, strongest pirate crew does not mean that they are stronger or weaker than the Revolutionary Army. A pirate crew is not a revolutionary army; and a revolutionary army is not a pirate crew.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 16:51   Link #215
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
You are misunderstanding here. You've repeated this so many times already and it hasn't gotten your argument anywhere. Whitebeard and his crew are only being compared amongst pirates only, which is the reason why they are referred to as the "Strongest Pirate Crew". The revolutionaries are not pirates, so there is no indication that they are weaker than the Whitebeard pirates. We simply do not know of their strength at this point and how they compare to the Whitebeard pirates, and thus so many members have addressed this to you already.
The revolutionaries are not among the world powers. While this Pirate crew is, I am not comparing the revolutionaries to pirates, but to the World Powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul
Actually, Blackbeard was Ace's responsibility, more than Whitebeard.
No.
Quote:
Whitebeard: ...heheh...
Gurarararara!!
The little snot-nosed boy has learned to talk like a man!
His crime is the most unforgivable on a pirate ship.
"Mate-killing"!! He has broken the cast-iron law.
Even the biggest fool on my ships is still my son.
And where will that poor murdered son's soul go without retribution...?!
You can't be allowed to go your own way in this world,
without a sense of dignity, and humanity.
Now is it MY responsibility
to show Teach how that works...!!!
In response Whitebeard sent Ace to kill Blackbeard.

Quote:
If the wrath would fall down on the whole crew, then Ace would not be the one to be sent after him. A man as experienced as Whitebeard should have an idea regarding the strength comparison between Ace and Blackbeard, regardless of how much the person was hiding his strength.
Blackbeard was hiding his strength from Whitebeard, hence Whitebeard not Knowing about the fight Blackbeard had with Shanks. Not to mention Blackbeard got even stronger with the powers of the Yami fruit.


Quote:
And, if Blackbeard was not considered as a member, then he would have acted accordingly. There was no reason to follow a hierarchy for someone you consider as an outsider.
"acted accordingly" what the heck do you mean by that?

Quote:
That list is the member list. How can you exclude a name when you are already placing the name there? Regardless of his status, deserted, missing, etc, he was still considered as a member-to-be-killed by Whitebeard. And I strongly believe, that is what Oda was referring to, using that way to represent Blackbeard within the member list.
In short deserted means to abandon.

Blackbeard is not apart of the Whitebeard pirates!

Quote:
On the opposite. I don't have a problem with the facts.
Then you can stop this childish game, of trying so hard to disprove what is canon.

Quote:
See the example of your buddy Phenom, and his acts whenever the name Mihawk passes.
I'm sorry, what your doing here is worse then any of the travesties Phenom has committed.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 16:55   Link #216
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τη λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
Fipskuul the reason why Blackbeard's name is there is because it's an information book. It implies that Blackbeard used to be part of WB's crew, in case someone dosn't go to Blackbeard's part of the book. This is just that sort of information.

Ace went for Blackbeard since he was his division captain, and Whitebeard couln't forgive killing a nakama (which makes me think why "killing" was the only way, but then I remember that Blackbeard is evil character). Blackbeard was consider not so strong, as he wasn't a division commander himself, and later when Shanks came with info on their deserter Whitebeard was eighter too prideful or had too much fairth in Ace.
That is really not the place where you wish to include someone's name, whom you don't consider a part of the crew. It is not like the readers are stupid enough to not know that Blackbeard was an active member of the crew. And, if you really want to give his name as an outsider, there are many ways to do that without giving any kind of false impression, unless giving a false impression is what you actually want to achieve.

Regarding the strength comparison, that was a possibility, but considering Whitebeard's reaction, it wouldn't be a matter anyway. Because to hunt Blackbeard, Whitebeard used his own hierarchy. The person to go after Blackbeard was the commander of his division.

And until his punishment were to be carried out by the Whitebeard crew, Blackbeard will most likely be considered as a part of that crew, be it deserted or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
No.
Yes.
Quote:
In response Whitebeard sent Ace to kill Blackbeard.
Whitebeard used the hierarchy that is mainly used for his members.
Quote:
Blackbeard was hiding his strength from Whitebeard, hence Whitebeard not Knowing about the fight Blackbeard had with Shanks. Not to mention Blackbeard got even stronger with the powers of the Yami fruit.
The world's strongest man should be the world's most idiotic and clueless man to not have an idea about his children's strength, regardless of how much he was trying to hide.
Quote:
"acted accordingly" what the heck do you mean by that?
I heck the mean that, he could have sent one of his children that would have succeeded for sure. Or maybe more than one children.
Quote:
In short deserted means to abandon.
Deserted people are still considered as a member for the people who want to execute that deserter.
Quote:
Blackbeard is not apart of the Whitebeard pirates!
Until he was killed, he will most probably be considered that way by Whitebeard.
Quote:
Then you can stop this childish game, of trying so hard to disprove what is canon.
That does not mean I should abandon logic for your personal satisfaction. And, don't kid us, you are enjoying this childish game more than anyone here.
Quote:
I'm sorry, what your doing here is worse then any of the travesties Phenom has committed.
Committed! Were you planning on executing him as well to punish for his crimes of disobeying your self-created rules?????
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 17:06   Link #217
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
The revolutionaries are not among the world powers. While this Pirate crew is, I am not comparing the revolutionaries to pirates, but to the World Powers.
Whitebeard and his crewmates are pirates. So yes, you are comparing the revolutionaries to pirates as well. Where is your proof that the Whitebeard pirates are stronger than the revolutionaries? You are using nothing but conjecture for your arguments, and that doesn't cut it my friend.

On a side note, you're using really poor logic right now. You're basically saying that if someone belongs to a world power, then that person is automatically stronger than a person who does not belong to a world power. Need I remind you of Rayleigh, who is not a part of any world power and yet he was able to easily match the might of admiral Kizaru? Even Garp reveres him as a "legend" on the same level as Whitebeard, so that really speaks volumes about his power. I rest my case.
__________________
Speed is weight. Have you ever been kicked at the speed of light?

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2009-04-14 at 17:20.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 17:26   Link #218
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In a class of my own.
I don't know...I just don't get that final villain feeling from Blackbeard. I think he'll be something big, but not the final, by any stretch of the imagination. I always thought, before this arc started that it would be probably Whitebeard, but since he's likely to die, I guess it could be any of the other two unrevealed Yonkou.

But I really don't have much faith in Blackbeard for final villain. I wanted someone more...classy...if you know what I mean.

I think, even though it's probably a cliche, that every anime should end with a good old, respectable, old-fashioned, calm, composed, charismatic, powerful villain.

I wouldn't have minded if Crocodile did it. I mean: honestly, if Crocodile were the man with the Yami Yami fruit, I think I'd almost immediately love him. I think it would fit him beautifully

Blackbeard...yea...he's strong, but...he leaves his hairy chest out in the open, and has an obnoxious laugh. Final villains are either completely composed, and do not laugh, or have an evil, controlled laugh.

Or, they could be an Orochimaru type villain as well, no problemo, since I REALLY love Orochimaru. (I proclaim him the single, most undoubtedly corrupt villain in modern anime) But Orochimaru could only make the final villain cut (I wish he did...) since he's so...irredeemable SICK and TWISTED that he just NEEDS to be defeated.
__________________
Rev. Niemller, on Nazi Germany:

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 17:28   Link #219
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
COME & GET IT!



Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So...Dragon is greater than Whitebeard because the title is about more than just strength...? I am confused by what you mean. Their titles can't really be compared because, at least for Dragon, we are not really sure why he has the title to begin with. Suffice to say, Dragon's title is arguably greater than Whitebeards (which is most impressive, the supposed Strongest, or the supposed Most Wanted (why am I even asking? you are going to automatically simply say Strongest is a better title...)).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinbei
One of Whitebeard's titles "Strongest man in the world."

Dragon's "most wanted man in the world."

When it comes down to strength, Whitebeard > Dragon.

When it comes down to threat/being a criminal Dragon > Whitebeard.

I don't think I ever disagreed with that.

Quote:
Uhm, Dragon is also still in power and his forces and potentially abilities are ever increasing...so who looks better, the World controlling militarized group that is in command of millions of troops (not to mention Island destroying Admirals and Ships) or the rebel insurgents that have been fighting for a short time but have caused so much damage that their leader has been given the title of Most Wanted...
The WG....... who is taking on Dragons gang of fruit loops and candies, along with a world Power which is the Yonkou, and about to turn the Pirate Age upside down, with there trump card.

Quote:
You do realize that Yonkou is an assigned title provided by the WG to identify the 4 most powerful pirates in the New World. It is not an organization, nor do its individual members have any strict policy for or against the WG. The only reason Whitebeard is marching on the WG is because they attacked him. Otherwise, he would have left them alone, just like he has been doing his whole life.
I know.

Quote:
That being said, you are majorly obssesed with the idea of the 3 Party system. If you were correct, and all that mattered were the World Parties, the Dragon and his revolution would have been destroyed a long time ago. But, he hasn't.And, the only legitimate reason why the revolution hasn't been squashed is beacause the Marines cannot defeat them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odas mouth
The government is furious, of course...
And has been frantically searching for "the most wanted criminal in the world"...
But he is a man of mystery whose every detail has lain hidden in shadow.
...until now.
They can't find him.

Quote:
(maybe they cannot defeat them because they were too focused on the various Yonkou (which is a little backwards, considering that half of the Shichibukai are probably stationed to fight against the Yonkou (as well as at least Admiral); so splitting both the Shichibukai and the Marines to deal with the Yonkou would still leave the other part of the Shichibukai and the Marines to deal with the Revolutionaries),
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oda's mouth
Garp: Among the countless masses of pirates in the world,
he is one of the four greatest, along with the infamous Whitebeard, that dwell in the latter half of the Grand Line.
These pirates, who rule above all others almost as an emperor does,
are called the Four Emperors, or Yonko!!!
It is only Marine Headquarters and the Seven Armed Seas that can withstand their might!!
These "Three Great Powers" form a precarious balance that keeps the world from destruction, lest it fall.

The WG gathering there powers for the war with Whitebeard should let you know they have there hands full with the Yonkou.

Quote:
I do not know (maybe after the WG crushes Whitebeard (and he will be crushed), they will be able to invest both the Shichibukai and the Marines to defeating the Revolutionaries). But, I do know that the WG fears Dragon's various abilities so much that they have labeled him the Most Wanted Man).
true.

Quote:
You do realize that while Dragon has been directly confronting the WG all along, it was actually Whitebeard that was staying out of their way for years on end? And that he was only "lured" out by their capture of Ace?
The Yonkou do as they Please and rule the 2nd half of the Grand Line, Whitebeard telling Rock Star to tell Shanks to come and see him, lets us know as readers that Whitebeard don't give a dame about what the WG will do, and will engage them if necessary.


Quote:
And, as I said, strongest pirate crew does not mean that they are stronger or weaker than the Revolutionary Army. A pirate crew is not a revolutionary army; and a revolutionary army is not a pirate crew.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinbei
The revolutionaries are not among the world powers. While this Pirate crew is, I am not comparing the revolutionaries to pirates, but to the World Powers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma
Whitebeard and his crewmates are pirates. So yes, you are comparing the revolutionaries to pirates as well. Where is your proof that the Whitebeard pirates are stronger than the revolutionaries? You are using nothing but conjecture for your arguments, and that doesn't cut it my friend.
Yes, the Whitebeard pirates are a Pirate crew, but there strength is more then that, hence them being apart of the World Powers.


Quote:
On a side note, you're using really poor logic right now. You're basically saying that if someone belongs to a world power, then that person is automatically stronger than a person who does not belong to a world power. Need I remind you of Rayleigh, who is not a part of any world power and yet he was able to easily match the might of admiral Kizaru? I rest my case.
Need I remind you we are not talking about individuals but strength as a whole?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul
Yes.
I like how you just ignored the canon Line.

Phenom never ignores Canon/story anything.

Quote:
Whitebeard used the hierarchy that is mainly used for his members.
What? explain.

Quote:
The world's strongest man should be the world's most idiotic and clueless man to not have an idea about his children's strength, regardless of how much he was trying to hide.
LOL, Take it up with Oda.

Quote:
I heck the mean that, he could have sent one of his children that would have succeeded for sure. Or maybe more than one children.
Blackbeard kill the 4th division captain, that is the only gauge Whitebeard had on Blackbeards strength, so he sent the 2nd division captain, who is indeed a powerful logia, not knowing Blackbeards powers grew tremendously after eating the Darkness Fruit.

Quote:
Deserted people are still considered as a member for the people who want to execute that deserter.
No they don't call them members, but Deserters.

Quote:
Until he was killed, he will most probably be considered that way by Whitebeard.
Whitebeard considers him a son, not a member of the crew.

Quote:
That does not mean I should abandon logic for your personal satisfaction. And, don't kid us, you are enjoying this childish game more than anyone here.
Oda is just as Pissed as I am! How dare y'all, challenge canon, canon is the law!

Quote:
Committed! Were you planning on executing him as well to punish for his crimes of disobeying your self-created rules?????
No, meaning simple saying I can E net live with what he does, but not with what Canon ignoring members do.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 17:28   Link #220
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Whitebeard pirates > Blackbeard pirates is a fact, and whenever Black is or not with WB, WB is still the strongest. and assuming that info book's placing a name as a deserted could be consider as a disturbance in the force (went for starwars here) is stupid.

Younkou vs WG vs Rebelions ballance made me think of Oblivion (becuase I played it a lot lately)
like Mages Guild vs Fighters Guild vs Thiefs Guild. While Mages and Fighters are official, the Thiefs are consider to not exist. What I'm saying that Rebelion is beyond comparison becuase of sole fact that its unknown (covered by WG) to the world.
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.