AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-14, 17:30   Link #221
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In a class of my own.
Well yes...it's obvious that Whitebeard's crew is filled with much more experienced, and much more powerful pirates...This goes without saying...
__________________
Rev. Niemöller, on Nazi Germany:

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 17:33   Link #222
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik
Whitebeard pirates > Blackbeard pirates is a fact, and whenever Black is or not with WB, WB is still the strongest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
Well yes...it's obvious that Whitebeard's crew is filled with much more experienced, and much more powerful pirates...This goes without saying...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRqlw...eature=related
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 17:41   Link #223
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
I don't know...I just don't get that final villain feeling from Blackbeard. I think he'll be something big, but not the final, by any stretch of the imagination. I always thought, before this arc started that it would be probably Whitebeard, but since he's likely to die, I guess it could be any of the other two unrevealed Yonkou.

But I really don't have much faith in Blackbeard for final villain. I wanted someone more...classy...if you know what I mean.

I think, even though it's probably a cliche, that every anime should end with a good old, respectable, old-fashioned, calm, composed, charismatic, powerful villain.

I wouldn't have minded if Crocodile did it. I mean: honestly, if Crocodile were the man with the Yami Yami fruit, I think I'd almost immediately love him. I think it would fit him beautifully

Blackbeard...yea...he's strong, but...he leaves his hairy chest out in the open, and has an obnoxious laugh. Final villains are either completely composed, and do not laugh, or have an evil, controlled laugh.
You have to admit that Blackbeard is definitely a candidate worthy of being the final villain. With all of the foreshadowing of his success to come in this story, the fact that he is based off of Oda's personal favorite pirate (Blackbeard obviously), and him having the "D" in his name, all make him a credible final boss. He has been getting built up ever since Drum Island, which was a long time ago.

Another thing to remember, this is One Piece and it is definitely eccentric in comparison to the many other typical shounens out there. With that being said, Oda deviates greatly from the "badass" archetype of characters. He has his own unique ways of making his villains "badass" in terms of character and design, and that is a really good thing since we get enough of the same old crap in other shounen stories. It's nice to have something fresh for a change, and Oda craziness and creativity definitely allow for that to be possible.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 17:42   Link #224
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In a class of my own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
I'm really not sure what you were trying to prove with that video. It's a Mortal Kombat (very lame game, by the way. Tekken, Soul Caliber & DOA FTW) video showing a fatality or something...

I REALLY didn't get it.

@Blackbeard D Kuma Yes, I admit that I love Oda's style, and that whenever I seem to feel there's inconsistency, I'm normally proved wrong, but...well...I mean: I just watched over Final Fantasy Advent Children, and saw a villain like Sephiroth...I mean: after watching Cloud practically sailing through the sky, It oes cause me to want a bit, lol.

But I guess I should just sit back and watch it play out in the end.
__________________
Rev. Niemöller, on Nazi Germany:

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Last edited by holypanl; 2009-04-14 at 17:54.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 17:43   Link #225
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
I'm really not sure what you were trying to prove with that video. It's a Mortal Kombat (very lame game, by the way. Tekken, Soul Caliber & DOA FTW) video showing a fatality or something...

I REALLY didn't get it.
it wasn't aimed at you or Wolcik. You hating on a classic shame on you.

and it was a joke.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 17:47   Link #226
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τηè λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
I like how you just ignored the canon Line.

Phenom never ignores Canon/story anything.
Really? I am assuming just like you.
Quote:
What? explain.
Sorry, if the previous two failed, third will definitely fail to conquer.
Quote:
LOL, Take it up with Oda.
Yes, indeed, and that is what I was partly saying.
Quote:
Blackbeard kill the 4th division captain, that is the only gauge Whitebeard had on Blackbeards strength, so he sent the 2nd division captain, who is indeed a powerful logia, not knowing Blackbeards powers grew tremendously after eating the Darkness Fruit.
Blackbeard, even long before acquiring the logia power, was close to Shanks's level. Do I need to remind who the person called Shanks is? Whitebeard needs to have lost his mind and intelligence with that illness, if he was really ignorant about his strength. You cannot hide the strength of a bulldog like Blackbeard.
Quote:
No they don't call them members, but Deserters.
If a deserter is searched or executed using the rules of the members, then yes they can be considered as more than a deserter. And, if I am putting his name along with the current members, I should be referring to something instead of nothing.
Quote:
Whitebeard considers him a son, not a member of the crew.
That makes Mihawk another one of his sons then. Oh yeah, maybe Garp is another. But, I am sure Sengoku is more than a son, maybe a lover. That goat must be Whitebeard's replacement in his heart!!!!
Quote:
Oda is just as Pissed as I am! How dare y'all, challenge canon, canon is the law!
Then you must be Oda's son.
Quote:
No, meaning simple saying I can E net live with what he does, but not with what Canon ignoring members do.
So does that mean you won't execute Phenom and you will let him live as your son, but you will execute me. Great, a fantastic approach indeed. For something you cannot prove, you are immediately introducing the word canon, when you don't have a clue of what that kind of inclusion may refer to in reality. And, interestingly, the people who cannot successfully defend their arguments without using the word canon are typically the people who cannot sometimes go beyond a one-word or a one-line response. That is one of the reasons I buddied you with your buddy (and hopefully I actually did that for people who are different in real-life, since I am sure there are some doubles here).
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 17:53   Link #227
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In a class of my own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
it wasn't aimed at you or Wolcik. You hating on a classic shame on you.

and it was a joke.
Oh, LOL I was thinking you were putting it up as an argument to say that the Blackbeard Pirates are better than the Whitebeard Pirates.

You know what I'm really hoping for, though? Dragon's hand n all of this to play out.

I think he's had enough off screen mystique time. I really wouldn't mind at all if he had an Aizen-like intro. What I mean is I wouldn't mind if he was introduced as the prime instigator of all of this behind the scenes and NOBODY even came close to figuring him out.

What I like about the Soul Society arc (...okay...I hated the whole Soul Society Saga, but I LOVED the END of it) is that...when Aizen is finally revealed, his plan is SO well thought out, it's like everyone is waking up from a dream.

Nobody even had a clue what ws goin on, but he was there all the time...steering the whole thing along.

AWESOME. I respect Aizen big time, and I kind of put Dragon, in my mind, on the same scheming level as Aizen, so...I'm expecting BIG things.
__________________
Rev. Niemöller, on Nazi Germany:

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 17:55   Link #228
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
Yes, the Whitebeard pirates are a Pirate crew, but there strength is more then that, hence them being apart of the World Powers.
You still haven't answered my question yet. Where is your proof that the Whitebeard pirates are stronger than the revolutionaries? And understand this well; Whitebeard and his crew represent a fraction (1/4) of a world power. He is only one of the four emperors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
Need I remind you we are not talking about individuals but strength as a whole?
I used Rayleigh as an example to prove to you that there are guys out there that can compete with members of the world powers. Since Dragon is presumably going to be very powerful (I've given you numerous reasons why) and is likely to have powerful companions and subordinates in his army (Ivankov and Inazuma are a testament to such great strength already), yeah, it's safe to say that it's possible their collective power may rival that of Whitebeard's crew or even exceed it. But at this point in time, we simply don't know if Whitebeard's forces are stronger than Dragon's forces.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 18:09   Link #229
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma
You still haven't answered my question yet. Where is your proof that the Whitebeard pirates are stronger than the revolutionaries? And understand this well; Whitebeard and his crew represent a fraction (1/4) of a world power. He is only one of the four emperors.
They are apart of the world powers and the WG needs the MHQ and Seven armed Seas to battle One of the Yonkou who is indeed the strongest out of the four. While Dragon and candies are not apart of the world powers, and have yet to show that they have the might to force the WG into using there most powerful world powers to due battle.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Really? I am assuming just like you.
Quote:
Sorry, if the previous two failed, third will definitely fail to conquer.
Then you can stop this game of me conquering your arguments.

Quote:
Yes, indeed, and that is what I was partly saying.
Oda is God of the One Piece world, he creates the canon, which is the law.


Quote:
Blackbeard, even long before acquiring the logia power, was close to Shanks's level. Do I need to remind who the person called Shanks is? Whitebeard needs to have lost his mind and intelligence with that illness, if he was really ignorant about his strength. You cannot hide the strength of a bulldog like Blackbeard.
and thats where you are wrong, Blackbeard hide his strength, hence why Whitebeard NEVER KNEW about Blackbeard fighting Shanks, until Shanks told, him.

The Canon is the law!

Quote:
If a deserter is searched or executed using the rules of the members, then yes they can be considered as more than a deserter. And, if I am putting his name along with the current members, I should be referring to something instead of nothing.
What rule? Whitebeards wrath can be cast upon anyone, form members to rival pirates or to marines.


Quote:
That makes Mihawk another one of his sons then. Oh yeah, maybe Garp is another. But, I am sure Sengoku is more than a son, maybe a lover. That goat must be Whitebeard's replacement in his heart!!!!
They where NEVER apart of Whtebeards ship.

Quote:
Then you must be Oda's son.
No I'm an enforcer of the canon LAW!

Quote:
So does that mean you won't execute Phenom and you will let him live as your son, but you will execute me. Great, a fantastic approach indeed. For something you cannot prove, you are immediately introducing the word canon, when you don't have a clue of what that kind of inclusion may refer to in reality. And, interestingly, the people who cannot successfully defend their arguments without using the word canon are typically the people who cannot sometimes go beyond a one-word or a one-line response. That is one of the reasons I buddied you with your buddy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6OvsJqimfg

Canon is the law.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 18:12   Link #230
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Uh, so going back to current events (though my post will probably be ignored, anyway ):


No speculation on Shiryuu's abilities? When I first found out about his full title being "Shiryuu of the rain", I had the idea that it might be a hint to his possible DF power, like maybe a cloud-based Logia ability. Of course, his name could also be an allusion to his malicious nature (that is, making his victims rain blood around him), but.... I dunno, I guess I'm expecting something a bit less obvious. I mean, if he's on the same level as Magellan, then I'd expect him to possess something a little more than his mad swordsman skillz. Maybe he has a deadly DF power that makes a rather nice accompaniment to Magellan's poison (like acid, for instance).....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 18:16   Link #231
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Uh, so going back to current events (though my post will probably be ignored, anyway ):


No speculation on Shiryuu's abilities? When I first found out about his full title being "Shiryuu of the rain", I had the idea that it might be a hint to his possible DF power, like maybe a cloud-based Logia ability. Of course, his name could also be an allusion to his malicious nature (that is, making his victims rain blood around him), but.... I dunno, I guess I'm expecting something a bit less obvious. I mean, if he's on the same level as Magellan, then I'd expect him to possess something a little more than his mad swordsman skillz. Maybe he has a deadly DF power that makes a rather nice accompaniment to Magellan's poison (like acid, for instance).....
What ever I think it is its going to be a wet ability, maybe like Zoro instead of projecting demons, he projects rain? I'm more interested in Katarina Devon, The Giant Battleship, San Juan Wolf and Basco Shot, the Drunk.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 18:20   Link #232
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
The reason why WG got all its men and even all Shichibukai isn't that they wouldn't be able to beat WB without all of it (that's a possibility), but with their biggest power the battle will be much easier and they should have less casualities. Plus the possibility of someone else jumping into the action is high too - not only Dragoh or Luffy.

Mr 1 mention that there could be a diamont men somewhere, so Zoro could beat him and gain new skill. Maybe someone gets that soon XD
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 18:22   Link #233
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
The reason why WG got all its men and even all Shichibukai isn't that they wouldn't be able to beat WB without all of it (that's a possibility), but with their biggest power the battle will be much easier and they should have less casualities. Plus the possibility of someone else jumping into the action is high too - not only Dragoh or Luffy.
I would agree it it wasn't for the MHQ heads, losing there cool.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 18:24   Link #234
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
They are apart of the world powers and the WG needs the MHQ and Seven armed Seas to battle One of the Yonkou who is indeed the strongest out of the four. While Dragon and candies are not apart of the world powers, and have yet to show that they have the might to force the WG into using there most powerful world powers to due battle.
Once again, nothing but conjecture on your part. You can't prove the Whitebeard pirates are stronger than the revolutionaries because we don't know anything about the latter. I can ask anyone who is stronger between the Whitebeard pirates and the revolutionaries and they simply wouldn't know the answer because it is currently unknown at this point. You say they "have yet to show", which only supports mine and everyone else's argument that we can't compare them yet because we haven't seen what they (revolutionaries) can do. This really isn't hard to understand.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 18:25   Link #235
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τηè λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
No I'm an enforcer of the canon LAW!
Yeah yeah, be whatever you are in whatever delusional world you have created. I am sure Oda would highly appreciate your blindfolded view of justice, that reeks anything but logic.
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 18:26   Link #236
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Once again, nothing but conjecture on your part. You can't prove the Whitebeard pirates are stronger than the revolutionaries because we don't know anything about the latter. I can ask anyone who is stronger between the Whitebeard pirates and the revolutionaries and they simply wouldn't know the answer because it is currently unknown at this point. You say they "have yet to show", which only supports mine and everyone else's argument that we can't compare them yet because we haven't seen what they (revolutionaries) can do. This really isn't hard to understand.
What are the most powerful powers in the one Piece world? MHQ, Seven Armed Seas, Yonkou. Revolutionaries are no where to be heard from, wonder why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Yeah yeah, be whatever you are in whatever delusional world you have created. I am sure Oda would highly appreciate your blindfolded view of justice, that reeks anything but logic.
Your the one saying this and that is wrong with Odas story.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 18:32   Link #237
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τηè λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
What are the most powers powers of the one Piece world? MHQ, Seven Armed Seas, Yonkou. Revolutionaries are no where to be heard from, wonder why?
I wonder what you are using for thinking purposes. There is a reason why Dragon is the most wanted person of the world. Revolutionaries cannot be simply classified as pirates, they are at a different level, because they are organizing the people's power against the WG, unlike them directly offending the WG themselves, like the pirates. Though I highly doubt you will understand a single word of what I am trying to say. So, that will be my only line to you about this. Pass.
Quote:
Your the one saying this and that is wrong with Odas story.
Who are you to decide what is wrong or what is right? You are creating a delusional world, put yourself in the center of that, and say "I am the god". I would like to laugh in stead of Oda, but, unfortunately I am no God to decide for others.
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 18:33   Link #238
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
What are the most powerful powers in the one Piece world? MHQ, Seven Armed Seas, Yonkou. Revolutionaries are no where to be heard from, wonder why?
We're not talking about whole world powers. We are only comparing (which we can't ) the strength of the Whitebeard pirates to that of the Revolutionaries. Stop acting like you know who is stronger between the two when you nor anyone else knows the overall strength of the revolutionaries. I understand you like Whitebeard a lot, but I think you're letting your Whitebeard fanboyism cloud your judgement.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 18:40   Link #239
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
I wonder what you are using for thinking purposes. There is a reason why Dragon is the most wanted person of the world. Revolutionaries cannot be simply classified as pirates, they are at a different level, because they are organizing the people's power against the WG, unlike them directly offending the WG themselves, like the pirates. Though I highly doubt you will understand a single word of what I am trying to say. So, that will be my only line to you about this. Pass.
When it comes to world powers it goes beyond being Pirates, and Marines.

Hence why.....

Quote:
Garp: Among the countless masses of pirates in the world,
he is one of the four greatest, along with the infamous Whitebeard, that dwell in the latter half of the Grand Line.
These pirates, who rule above all others almost as an emperor does,
are called the Four Emperors, or Yonko!!!
It is only Marine Headquarters and the Seven Armed Seas that can withstand their might!!
These "Three Great Powers" form a precarious balance that keeps the world from destruction, lest it fall.


Quote:
Who are you to decide what is wrong or what is right? You are creating a delusional world, put yourself in the center of that, and say "I am the god". I would like to laugh in stead of Oda, but, unfortunately I am no God to decide for others.
When did I ever say I am god?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma
We're not talking about whole world powers. We are only comparing (which we can't ) the strength of the Whitebeard pirates to that of the Revolutionaries. Stop acting like you know who is stronger between the two when you nor anyone else knows the overall strength of the revolutionaries. I understand you like Whitebeard a lot, but I think you're letting your Whitebeard fanboyism cloud your judgement.
Until Dragon and his candies, get to the level of where the Whitebeard pirates are, then you can talk, until then Whitebeard pirates > Dragon's army of cross dressers.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 18:41   Link #240
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
The WG....... who is taking on Dragons gang of fruit loops and candies, along with a world Power which is the Yonkou, and about to turn the Pirate Age upside down, with there trump card.
The WG...who have failed to stop Dragon and Revolutionary force for at least 8 years if not longer (btw, do you have something against cross-dressers? You have spoken of them disparagingly several times now (even calling them fruit loops and candies just now)...); and have failed to defeat the Yonkou over the past 20 years even thought the WG has overwhelming force on their side (what with the entire Marine corp as well as the Shichibukai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
They can't find him.
Them finding Dragon or not is besides the point. The WG has lost every fight that we know of against Dragon's group, and the WG has been unable to defend against the Revolutionary Army. So, once again, Why hasn't the combined World Power of the World Government defeated the Revolutionary Army? Finding Dragon (whether he is hidden or not) is ultimately less important than defending your terrotories and making potentially reclaiming your missing islands (to put it another way, in a real world scenario, attacking the leader of an organization/country is ultimately secondary to fighting and defeating the armies of said leader).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
What are the most powerful powers in the one Piece world? MHQ, Seven Armed Seas, Yonkou. Revolutionaries are no where to be heard from, wonder why?
Probably because the Revolutionaries are attempting to destroy the very 3 Party System you keep harping on about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
No speculation on Shiryuu's abilities? When I first found out about his full title being "Shiryuu of the rain", I had the idea that it might be a hint to his possible DF power, like maybe a cloud-based Logia ability. Of course, his name could also be an allusion to his malicious nature (that is, making his victims rain blood around him), but.... I dunno, I guess I'm expecting something a bit less obvious. I mean, if he's on the same level as Magellan, then I'd expect him to possess something a little more than his mad swordsman skillz. Maybe he has a deadly DF power that makes a rather nice accompaniment to Magellan's poison (like acid, for instance).....
When I first say Shiryuu's name, my first reaction was that someone had misspelled Shinryu, especially with the moniker "...of the wind". So, that being said, I expect that he is a Zoan type: Model Dragon .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.