AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Old 2009-04-12, 15:41   Link #121
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Dragon has conquered/liberated dozens upon dozens of islands to the point were he, not Whitebeard, is considered the greatest threat to the WG. So, obviously the world fears Dragon's "gang of cross-dresser", or else he would not be the most wanted man in the world.
Dragon and his side show freaks of cross dressers are not even apart of World Power. Whitebeard conquered/protects many Islands with the use of his name. The Whitebeard Pirates are the greatest Pirate threat to the WG will ever face. Dragon ain't most wanted man in the world for his strength.

Quote:
LOL, I love how you make light of the fact that for the first time ever we have seen a Logia user hurt by something that they are not supposed to be able to be hurt by. In that one instance, the conceptions and realities surrounding Logias was changed; Rayleigh was bumped up to almost Admiral class considering his basic abilities; and Mihawk instantly gained some amazing cred considering that he has been said to be able to cut elements for years, but many people refused to believe that a sword could actual cut a logia.
HA!

Sorry that I didn't overreact over something I and many others already knew was going to happen.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-04-12 at 16:11. Reason: what I do is my bizzznesss.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 15:45   Link #122
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
Dragon and his side show freaks and cross dressers are not even a World Power. Whitebeard conquered/protects many Islands with the use of his name. The Whitebeard Pirates are the greatest Pirate threat to the WG will ever face.
I don't know, Osama and other terrorists aren't world powers but they are considered some of the greatest threats.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 15:55   Link #123
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Yet Haki was used to completely cancel the Light powers of Admiral Kizaru. All that power doesn't mean a darn if what you hit with it can cancel the power out. Which is what Luffy found out as that guy was able to cancel out all of Luffy's attacks.

I'm betting that Dragon has both a devil fruit power and the use of Haki.
Dark King didn't cancel out Yellow Monkey's powers, Dark King only showed the ability to TOUCH Yellow Monkey but never cancel his powers. BTW, about my overwhelming might statement...Take a look at Luffy going Gears and pwning the heck out of the Snake sisters Haki!!

Everything is usless in the face of overwhelming might!
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 16:02   Link #124
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I don't know, Osama and other terrorists aren't world powers but they are considered some of the greatest threats.
Why you got to bring up that biscuit in my Manga thread?
Old 2009-04-12, 16:03   Link #125
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Dark King didn't cancel out Yellow Monkey's powers, Dark King only showed the ability to TOUCH Yellow Monkey but never cancel his powers. BTW, about my overwhelming might statement...Take a look at Luffy going Gears and pwning the heck out of the Snaks sisters Haki!!

Everything is usless in the face of overwhelming might!
You are right.

In the face of overwhelming might, Luffy with the same strength will not be able to defeat Kuma or Kizaru and recently Magellan, he'll need to be able to harness Haki like Rayleigh to get on the same level.

Haki is not a separate force that determines winning or losing. It is your will to use your power against another, it is used together with your physical powers to win a fight.

Anyway I've always thought 'Dark King' was a bad translation if not a mistranslation.

Meiou Rayleigh, it literally means The King of Hell or Hades - Rayleigh. Meiou is the Japanese name for Hades and is read as King of Hell.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 16:05   Link #126
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
You are right.

In the face of overwhelming might, Luffy with the same strength will not be able to defeat Kuma or Kizaru and recently Magellan, he'll need to be able to harness Haki like Rayleigh to get on the same level.

Haki is not a separate force that determines winning or losing. It is your will to use your power against another, it is used together with your physical powers to win a fight.

Anyway I've always thought 'Dark King' was a bad translation if not a mistranslation.

Meiou Rayleigh, it literally means The King of Hell or Hades - Rayleigh. Meiou is the Japanese name for Hades and is read as King of Hell
Ah, thanks for that information of Gold!!
"King of Hell" it is then.
Old 2009-04-12, 17:12   Link #127
Master Mold
Banned

Anyone notice that both Jinbei and Inazuma (Inazuma means "lightning") have lighting shaped scars around the face/head area?
Old 2009-04-12, 17:15   Link #128
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I bet that the reason why Iva mention a lot of people in Lvl6 is because except of looking at them, we will see them in action.

I don't want to see death in OP, but here's an idea - unknown admiral to us (Akainu) dies before we get to see him or at least see what he can do Oo' That would be a twist.

I always believed that one of the reason why Mihawk could cut Logia users was because his sword is made of seastone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI
Anyone notice that both Jinbei and Inazuma have lighting shaped scars around the face/head area?
I always thought that in Jinbei's case it was a desing he has and its on both sites of his face - the right one is just covered in blood... but now I'm not sure...
Old 2009-04-12, 17:27   Link #129
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
I always thought that in Jinbei's case it was a desing he has and its on both sites of his face - the right one is just covered in blood... but now I'm not sure...
Looks like a scar to me, if you look at the Shichibukai Color Spread, or any of the latest chapters where we can see both sides of Jinbei's face, you can see that Jinbei only has that scar on one side of his face.
Old 2009-04-12, 17:38   Link #130
james0246

Quote:
Dragon and his side show freaks of cross dressers are not even apart of World Power. Whitebeard conquered/protects many Islands with the use of his name. The Whitebeard Pirates are the greatest Pirate threat to the WG will ever face. Dragon ain't most wanted man in the world for his strength.
Whitebeard protects islands from other pirates (which is part of the reason so many pirates on Level 6 hate him), Dragon though has conquered/liberated islands from the World Government. Again, he is considered the most dangerous and most wanted man in the world (even Iva calls the WG foolish for attempting to battle both Whitebeard and Dragon at the same time). So, I literally cannot fathom why you are trying to belittle the character the WG fears the most (even if they only fear him because he is the head of a revolutionary movement). I assume it is the Whitebeard fever that has overtaken you recently (you should have that checked out; symptoms include spontaneously growing weird moustaches, heavy drinking, constant complaining, an overabundance of hot nurses forming around you, and eventually be defeated by a person named Blackbeard...).

edit: here's hoping I do not catch Blackbeard fever .

Last edited by james0246; 2009-04-12 at 18:00.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 17:57   Link #131
Kir

This chapter was quite enjoyable. Luffy is finally back in the process of rescuing Ace with couple of new helpers stronger than previous ones. I wonder what happens to Buggy and Mr. 3.

I'm bit excited to see what kind of prisoners are in Level 6. We already know there's Jimbei, Crocodile, Ace, and other infamous pirates that Iva mentioned in his/her conversation with Bon. If some of the remaining supernova rookies are currently held in Level 6, they may be willing to aid Luffy in breaking out of impenetrable Impel Down under these circumstances. Although some may be pissed at Luffy for being directly responsible of triggering the arrests in Sabaody Archipelago islands, not to mention there are also as well as the rest of 500-600 arrested pirates recently brought to the Impel Down due to Luffy.
Kir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 18:04   Link #132
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Whitebeard protects islands from other pirates (which is part of the reason so many pirates on Level 6 hate him),
Correction, Whitebeard protects his Islands from all threats. Those guys on Level Six hate Whitebeard because they got MONSTERED by Whitebeard and Rogers.

Quote:
Dragon though has conquered/liberated islands from the World Government.Again, he is considered the most dangerous and most wanted man in the world (even Iva calls the WG foolish for attempting to battle both Whitebeard and Dragon at the same time). So, I literally cannot fathom why you are trying to belittle the character the WG fears the most (even if they only fear him because he is the head of a revolutionary movement).
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...70#post2327670
and this War will prove it, I bet he won't make a move.

Quote:
I assume it is the Whitebeard fever that has overtaken you recently (you should have that checked out; symptoms include spontaneously growing weird moustaches, heavy drinking, constant complaining, an overabundance of hot nurses forming around you, and eventually be defeated by a person named Blackbeard...).
That fever has been doing as it pleases and running the One Piece pirate world Seas for the last 22 Years. Ain't no one putting an end to the WHITEBEARD DYNASTY! NO BODY! Unless the Boss calls it.

Quote:
edit: here's hoping I do not catch Blackbeard fever .
Its best not to since, he's gonna get his A$$ toppled.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-04-12 at 18:16.
Old 2009-04-12, 18:06   Link #133
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir View Post
This chapter was quite enjoyable.
I think not.
Old 2009-04-12, 18:38   Link #134
Kir

Whether a chapter is good or not is entirely up to each individual's opinion. To me, without a doubt, it was a decent chapter with story progressing well.

Unless you were horrified by the fact that Dragon's major faction in his Revolutionaries army happens to consist of cross-dressers which is bit understandable.
Kir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 19:19   Link #135
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Say, just a random observation, in retrospect: That sign on Iva's chest might be Dragon's insignia.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 05:04   Link #136
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
That's true. And that's exactly the reason why they fear him the most. The World Power relies on the delicate balance between the Marines, shichibukai and the Yonkou. It has been stressed many times that this balance is imperative to the relative peace the oceans enjoy. Dragon aims to upset this balance and throw everything into chaos for his as of yet unknown motives.

They also fear him the most because, unlike pirates, his actual goal is to fight the World Government. Pirates avoid unneeded fights if they can, and won't seek out and destroy Marine bases unless they have business there. Dragon, however, does seek out and destroy anything related to the World Government.

Between a threat that prefers to avoid you, and a threat that directly engages you, which do you think is the bigger?
Old 2009-04-13, 11:24   Link #137
AceD
See You En' Tee

i assume this has been said before, but theres a giant in Impel down's Level 6, chances of this been Jagaur D. Saul ?

not like we know if he was killed, just frozen? if so...another Ally for Luffy in the war? since its most likely know he would side with Nico Robin
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 12:02   Link #138
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Between a threat that prefers to avoid you, and a threat that directly engages you, which do you think is the bigger?
Depends on your level of paranoia
Old 2009-04-13, 13:13   Link #139
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Sounds logical on the surface, but in this case paranoia has nothing to do with it. This is called priority target. Dragon is an enemy of the World Government, seeks out and destroy the countries militia, destabilizes local governments and separates them from the World Government's field of influence. Between him and Whitebeard, who only attacks and plunders villages, avoids the militia and leaves the countries in control of the World Government, Dragon is quite simply the bigger threat.

To put it even simpler:

-An attack by Whitebeard costs them money. Possibly military forces if they are present to defend the town as the pirates leave as soon as they can and don't stick around.
-An attack by Dragon will cost them money, the continued presence of Dragon's troops means that the loss of military forces is inevitable, they will lose land that they won't regain without fighting for it and they lose political influence as the country is cut lose from their field of influence.

They lose far more to Dragon then they do to Whitebeard. This is why Dragon is labeled the biggest enemy of the World Government.

This is where JINBEI is right, Dragon is not the most wanted person solely for his strength, but for the nature of his attacks. Whether or not his group is more powerful then the Whitebeard pirates is still to be debated (or rather, it's hard to be debated because we haven't really seen what either side is capable off) but his strength is not the sole reason he is the most wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
i assume this has been said before, but theres a giant in Impel down's Level 6, chances of this been Jagaur D. Saul ?

not like we know if he was killed, just frozen? if so...another Ally for Luffy in the war? since its most likely know he would side with Nico Robin
Didn't Aokiji say he killed him? Something about "I killed my best friend that day" when reminiscing on the incident.
Old 2009-04-13, 14:10   Link #140
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
That's true. And that's exactly the reason why they fear him the most.
We don't know why Dragon is the most wanted man in the world. We know it is not for strength, He could be feared because he has info on how to build pluton in his back pocket. Or it could be a major part of he aims to over throw the WG.

Quote:
The World Power relies on the delicate balance between the Marines, shichibukai and the Yonkou. It has been stressed many times that this balance is imperative to the relative peace the oceans enjoy. Dragon aims to upset this balance and throw everything into chaos for his as of yet unknown motives.
Dragon aims are to over throw the WG, not send the world into chaos going off of what we know.

Quote:
They also fear him the most because, unlike pirates, his actual goal is to fight the World Government. Pirates avoid unneeded fights if they can, and won't seek out and destroy Marine bases unless they have business there. Dragon, however, does seek out and destroy anything related to the World Government.
Don't mean he has the power to do so. Which is what I'm stressing here in this thread.

Quote:
The one that is apart of the World Powers (Whitebeard Pirates) that is going to engage you, rather then the threat (Dargon & gender bender friends) who is not strong enough to be apart of the World Powers, who won't head on engage you.