AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-04-08, 08:35   Link #21
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

That color spread is amazing. Something tells me the girl who isn't shown sans her leg is Halibel, but it could be anyone, really.

So if Orihime doesn't bring Ulquiorra back next week, that'll be just another thing for her haters to use against her. (And I guess she'll have some new haters, since Ulquiorra is vastly popular.)

If this is the end, go back to Karakura Town already!

Last edited by roon; 2009-04-08 at 09:03.
roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 09:31   Link #22
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
I enjoyed Ulquiorra's reference again to the "6 Hearts" chapter where he asked Orihime what a heart was. Back then also, he asked her why she wasn't scared, and she explained she wasn't because of her friends. And he asked her now again if she was scared of him. With Hollows, power and relationships are all about fear, respect and strength. Either you are afraid of the other, or make him fear. I wonder if deep down, Ulquiorra has always been scared of something or someone, and he couldn't understand why Orihime was not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
Oh dear i hope not. He is such an uninteresting character. Let him rest in peace.
Well. Since he was the main villain, a flashback would give some closure on his feud with Ichigo, and why he hated him. I grant that some people may find him 1-D or uninteresting (although I don't), however, the best solution to that is for Kubo to try to give him more depth with an explanation now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
that is soo rediculas. why make him like a hero now. so he was actully helping Ichigo insted of taking adavantage. why go to all taht trouble of preaching all about Aizen-sama and despair and all of that and then just make him have a hero's ending.
It's not a hero's ending. He didn't stop fighting out of compassion, but because he was on the verge of death, and had nothing left to fight for. Even if he had the strength to walk, what would have been the point of killing Ichigo now? Ulquiorra said all along that he would prove to Ichigo that his human heart and powers couldn't defeat him, and he achieved that. Only the form with the "consciousness and will of a hollow", in Ichigo's own words, could defeat Ulquiorra.

And as far as why he saved Ishida, we will never know. It might simply have been pride to not be indebted to a mere human for his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roon View Post
So if Orihime doesn't bring Ulquiorra back next week, that'll be just another thing for her haters to use against her. (And I guess she'll have some new haters, since Ulquiorra is vastly popular.)
I agree with you that some people may resent it. But Orihime has to heal Ishida first, and I don't know if even she can heal sand which has scattered in the winds. I think she needs at least some fragment of the original before her.

Last edited by Amirali; 2009-04-08 at 09:55.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 10:03   Link #23
Viron

Quote:
Originally Posted by roon View Post
That color spread is amazing.
Nel wins!
Old 2009-04-08, 10:07   Link #24
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
I agree with you that some people may resent it. But Orihime has to heal Ishida first, and I don't know if even she can heal sand which has scattered in the winds. I think she needs at least some fragment of the original before her.
I thought that was just hachi that needed something to heal...but yeh if she doesnt revive ulqui im gonna be very unhappy with her lol
Old 2009-04-08, 10:09   Link #25
ginran
~Smile~

Im not and never will be an Orihime hater, just gotta let that out first. Im not gonna blame her for this.

But I am not happy!!! why does he have to die? and it had to be even sadder because he died a good guy...kinda!!! Seriously, this is just a real downer... Bleach hasnt made me this upset in a while.....

But, maybe now isnt a good time to freak out yet. I'll be optimistic and wait for the next chapter.

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 10:38   Link #26
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Wow... What a horrible, horrible way to end the fight. Horrible.

"I was finally starting to develop some interest in you guys"? Reaching out to Orihime? What the hell? I never liked Ulquiorra, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't get a dignified end. Let him die as the cold, arrogant, manipulative bastard he was instead of... well... this. It's the same thing they did in Claymore recently, just plain awful!

And btw, why the hell should Orihime bring back the guy who kidnapped her and tried to kill her friends (and who also happens to be helping the guy who is trying to destroy her city)? Stockholm Syndrome?

Last edited by aliasxn; 2009-04-08 at 15:33.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 10:41   Link #27
StevOmaru
Thats So CA$H

I don't appreciate Ulq. remark about "I was finally starting to develop some interest in you guys". I wanted Ulq to be silent, calm, and concise to the very end, I didn't want Ulq. developing any kind of feelings for anyone, especially for Ichigo and Hime. What happened? When did these feelings apparently begin to arise? Earlier Ulq. tried to kill Ichigo without any hesitation and didn't care at all about Ichigo, what happened to that Ulq.?

The fight was pretty badass, the ending... well... not so much...
StevOmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 10:52   Link #28
Fran~
floating away...

Finally!!!...

GG Batman, go and rest with all of the characters who messed with the heroes of a manga
Old 2009-04-08, 11:02   Link #29
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevOmaru View Post
I don't appreciate Ulq. remark about "I was finally starting to develop some interest in you guys". I wanted Ulq to be silent, calm, and concise to the very end, I didn't want Ulq. developing any kind of feelings for anyone, especially for Ichigo and Hime. What happened? When did these feelings apparently begin to arise? Earlier Ulq. tried to kill Ichigo without any hesitation and didn't care at all about Ichigo, what happened to that Ulq.?

The fight was pretty badass, the ending... well... not so much...
He was curious about them and their "hearts connected as one" that he tried to destroy their courage and their wills - to test their "hearts." But then he got defeated because he went too far/too slow with his test. He should have killed them all along when he could.

I'm sad for him...I dunno. I need to read and see the whole chapter. I might be taking Ulq. scene in this chapter the wrong way.

OH BTW, When I read some of the spoiler dialogues, it reminds me of YU YU Hakusho.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 11:10   Link #30
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
He was curious about them and their "hearts connected as one" that he tried to destroy their courage and their wills - to test their "hearts." But then he got defeated because he went too far/too slow with his test. He should have killed them all along when he could.

I'm sad for him...I dunno. I need to read and see the whole chapter. I might be taking Ulq. scene in this chapter the wrong way.

OH BTW, When I read some of the spoiler dialogues, it reminds me of YU YU Hakusho.

Haha i was thinking the same thing. let me guess, you were thinking about Sasoi huh? or what ever that Evil Spirit Detective's name was.
Old 2009-04-08, 11:27   Link #31
Warchef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Haha i was thinking the same thing. let me guess, you were thinking about Sasoi huh? or what ever that Evil Spirit Detective's name was.
Sensui i think is what his name was or Shunsui... it was one of those two.
Warchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 11:31   Link #32
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
It's not a hero's ending. He didn't stop fighting out of compassion, but because he was on the verge of death, and had nothing left to fight for. Even if he had the strength to walk, what would have been the point of killing Ichigo now? Ulquiorra said all along that he would prove to Ichigo that his human heart and powers couldn't defeat him, and he achieved that. Only the form with the "consciousness and will of a hollow", in Ichigo's own words, could defeat Ulquiorra.

And as far as why he saved Ishida, we will never know. It might simply have been pride to not be indebted to a mere human for his life.
it is a heroic sort of death. fading into the wind. like the death of a person who was once bad and now is good. and he saves someone from there group and dies as a result.

it's a typical senario. i do get waht you are saying about not being able to do anymore but then it's like he is asking for forgiveness when he asks Inoue "were you afried of me" or something like that and then reaches out his hand.

taht's a heros death. i'm beginning to think that Kubo is only doing what would be popular.
Old 2009-04-08, 11:39   Link #33
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
it is a heroic sort of death. fading into the wind. like the death of a person who was once bad and now is good. and he saves someone from there group and dies as a result.

it's a typical senario. i do get waht you are saying about not being able to do anymore but then it's like he is asking for forgiveness when he asks Inoue "were you afried of me" or something like that and then reaches out his hand.

taht's a heros death. i'm beginning to think that Kubo is only doing what would be popular.
XD wouldnt it have been the most popular decision to keep him alive?

.... I would've prefered that....

Old 2009-04-08, 11:41   Link #34
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
XD wouldnt it have been the most popular decision to keep him alive?

.... I would've prefered that....
maybe so but, i think this way Kubo may not need to kill one of the good/bad guys in the KT battle. i'm not saying taht there will be a death but this way by having a sending off for Uli who is a bit of a fan-fav, he can use this death and not kill any good guys. it would have been the same if Grim had kicked the bucket. but this is just IMO. natural progression for the story would be this way. but then again things can change.
Old 2009-04-08, 11:41   Link #35
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevOmaru View Post
Interest doesn't have to mean affection. He was always curious about Orihime and her friends. Consider the long dialogues he would have with her, and even those he would have with Ichigo. Ulquiorra was always trying to understand them, and I think at the end he regretted that he never would.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 11:45   Link #36
ginran
~Smile~

oh, I see what you mean...

which of those is most likely to live in the KT battle anyways?

Old 2009-04-08, 12:27   Link #37
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
I'm sick of how Kubo keeps Orihime just standing there. There were plenty of chances to let her shine in this fight, I mean even Ishida got his heroic moment

Oh well, I feel a bit sorry for Ulquiorra, he shouldn't have to beg for the coup de grace. Otherwise I don't care too much for him, it's hard to portray a Spock-like character in an interesting way(needs more interaction with humans!) and except for his curiosity for the human heart Kubo left him blank. I wouldn't be surprised if there's no flashback next week.

I wonder how Ichigo will try to utilize his plotkai-powers in his next fight, it's not like he learned something new.
Old 2009-04-08, 12:31   Link #38
shankss
CP10

Hopefully one more eposide and we will get rid of this fight once and for all.God that was the ultimate boring fight I've ever witnessed so far in any animeverse.It was damn predictable and took so long.Now lets have some captain fight...
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 13:31   Link #39
Jays

Probably the only one, but this spoiler made NO fucking sense. I got the gist of it, but the rest is just a mangled story that I can't understand.

[EDIT] Oh ok... second one does make sense. The first one though, holy shit, I know my grammar isn't very good, but good God, punctuation please.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 13:35   Link #40
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
Quote:
i would be one of those people since ulquiorra is my favorite character thus far. i hate it when my favorite characters die....
ShinAkuma135 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga