AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-02-24, 14:15   Link #21
Plastic
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlord
nani 2 episodes out .... must get the second.... *wusch*
What, where?
I cant find it at all.
>Could you go in detail please?
Plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 14:52   Link #22
outlaw55
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 31
We are working on episode 2, I haven't seen any other groups release episode 2 yet.
outlaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 16:40   Link #23
a_nevels666
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Obviousland--land of the obvious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw55
Just a side note to you who are saying "They arn't spelling all the names right so they suck and I will get another version", the REAL spelling of all the names are QUITE different. This are listed on the ORIGINAL HxH TV site (not in kanji)(Also note some names ARE spelled right in the fansubs too):

Gin Freecss
Gon Freecss
Killua Zaoldyeck
Curarpikt (Commonly known as Kurapica by previous fansubs)
Leorio
Hyskoa (Commonly known as Hisoka in fansubs)
Quoll (Leader of the spiders, too lazy to look up what the fansubs put, but I KNOW it wasn't that...)
Yellumi Zaoldyeck (Killua's brother)
Mito (Gon's Aunt)
kaito (Hunter from episode 1)
Con (Gon's pet Bear thingy)
Oba (Mito's Mother)
Satothu (First examiner)
Menchi (Female Cooking examiner)
Buhara (Male Cooking examiner)
Rippo (Guy who runs the tower in the exam)
Netero (President of the Hunters Exam)
Mamen (Netero's assistant)


Anyways....I got tired of listing names, LOL

Don't believe me? Click Here
Quoll = Kuroro Lucifer

And romanizing Kurapika as 'Curarpikt' is just weird. If you listen to what they say, they clearly say Kurapika.

With romanization you can't rely on the japanese themselves at all, they're usually very inconsistent.

My advice would be to just stick to the names used in the previous fansubs, because everyone is used to them.

Also, don't think I'm complaining or anything, I enjoyed your version a lot.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 16:56   Link #24
outlaw55
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
Quoll = Kuroro Lucifer

And romanizing Kurapika as 'Curarpikt' is just weird. If you listen to what they say, they clearly say Kurapika.

With romanization you can't rely on the japanese themselves at all, they're usually very inconsistent.

My advice would be to just stick to the names used in the previous fansubs, because everyone is used to them.

Also, don't think I'm complaining or anything, I enjoyed your version a lot.
Accually I would rather give our TL the freedom to choose names if they are not gonna be correct to beging with :P
outlaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 17:56   Link #25
a_nevels666
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Obviousland--land of the obvious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw55
Accually I would rather give our TL the freedom to choose names if they are not gonna be correct to beging with :P
'beGING' ?

How ironic.

(You know, Gon's dad.)
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 21:21   Link #26
outlaw55
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
'beGING' ?

How ironic.

(You know, Gon's dad.)

LOL, accually it would be Gin. The comptuer screen in that one ep i think was a typo, cuz the OFFICAL site has the picture listed as Jin, cuz the kanji or kanata, or wahtever they use in JIN, but they MEAN it to TL to Gin, in which there is no kanji/kanata or whatever ;p

http://www.nippon-animation.co.jp/na...hara01_jin.jpg

Long story, I looked into all this shit after some complains about usnign the nam Jin when doing HxH episode 1.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
The animation in ep 1 is not so good, but it looks better in ep 2. The opening theme looks like they rushed it, the song just doesn't fit the series, and seeing Gon, Killua and Biscuit flying through space is just.... uh -_-

I don't think they skip anything in ep 1, i'll have to go read the manga again, but they skipped alot in ep 2 -_-.

If they can keep up the same animation they had in ep 2 and change the crappy opening theme halfway through the series, that would be very good.

I don't think the subbing was too good either. And they got some of the characters names wrong. Biscuit = Piske -_-, Raiza = Razor o.O.

I'm just waiting for Aone_N! to do a DVD version of it because they did a great job on the last OVA ^^.
Oh yea and i should have said earlier, you bitch cuz we get one name wrong and say "AonE's is much better". You DO know they used the wrong name for Gon's dad right? Don't be hasty to judge about names, as the guy said earlier, it is much like a guessing game. Just because one name is wrong or different doest NOT mean the TL is bad.

Last edited by outlaw55; 2004-02-24 at 23:40.
outlaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 03:23   Link #27
Dwaryn
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
it's more like a mistake made cause they're not fans of the hxh series and don't know about it inside out. aone_n's, use of jin is pretty plausible, at the time of the release of hxh greed island, the manga had not reached the point of where it gives the reasonning of the spelling. so for consistency sake, they would use the same spelling as the groups that did it before ie. the two groups (akufansubs/AnimeKissaten) that did the tv series.

you guys either didn't either look at the scanslations or watch ova2 or are just too hardcore and do these things in japanese. anyhow, biscuit would be like jin/ging/gin/whatever except for the fact that she's named after a snack..
the thing with episode 1, it wasn't a complaint it was more like a suggestion on improvements, positive feedback and so is this, to sum it up, all i'm saying is that you should really be a fan of it if you're going to sub it (don't waste your time if you don't like it).
Dwaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 10:35   Link #28
naantje
Annoyance :)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: where the bitches at -x-
Age: 29
wow i forgot how great the anime was cant wait for the rest )))

and i do believe its Biscuit shes called that in most scanlations aswell
naantje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 14:01   Link #29
outlaw55
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by naantje
wow i forgot how great the anime was cant wait for the rest )))

and i do believe its Biscuit shes called that in most scanlations aswell
Accually as they said earlier, the kanji or Kanata or whatever it is on the main site says Bisuke, which is made to SOUND like biscuit.
outlaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 00:52   Link #30
outlaw55
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 31
I'd like to appologize for the delay in HxH, one of our important members on this project is MIA since yesterday, we will finish it up as soon as we can FIND him or find out what happened, gomen ^_^;;
outlaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 05:02   Link #31
MrBrown
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Biscuit's full name is ビスケット クルーガー, and ビスケ is her nickname. This is in the manga somewhere in vol 14. Piske is obviously wrong, and using Biscuit would be ignoring her nickname thingy... I'd prefer just Biske, but I don't think Biscuit is that much wrong either.

As for Gin and Reiza, there's alot of ways to transliterate those, just remember the 1st letters.

And about the TV-series site, at least I didn't find the names listed in romanji anywhere but the links... And those generally can't be trusted, alot of times they're done by someone who doesn't really have anything to do with producing the anime. And using Jin instead of Gin makes me kinda doubt them too. Though, the fact that the names are so different from your typical translitetation says that he has some reason to put those, so *shrug*. No clear cut case here.
MrBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 20:43   Link #32
outlaw55
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrown
Biscuit's full name is ビスケット クルーガー, and ビスケ is her nickname. This is in the manga somewhere in vol 14. Piske is obviously wrong, and using Biscuit would be ignoring her nickname thingy... I'd prefer just Biske, but I don't think Biscuit is that much wrong either.

As for Gin and Reiza, there's alot of ways to transliterate those, just remember the 1st letters.

And about the TV-series site, at least I didn't find the names listed in romanji anywhere but the links... And those generally can't be trusted, alot of times they're done by someone who doesn't really have anything to do with producing the anime. And using Jin instead of Gin makes me kinda doubt them too. Though, the fact that the names are so different from your typical translitetation says that he has some reason to put those, so *shrug*. No clear cut case here.
You seem to miss the point, there IS no kanji spelling Gin as GIN, if you Translate Gin into japanese they spell it JIN in kanji for some reason, that is why it was spelled as Jin in the manga too, cuz that is the correct romanji spelling, but what the creator INTENDED was it to be TL to Gin.

Also it is Bisuke by the romanji, but anyways. Our TL just heard Piske and wrote that down, simple matter of what he heard the name, B and P are not that different in sound the way it was said.

Also you are the 15th person to point this out baka, READ the whole section before stating something 15 other ppl have mentioned >.>;;
outlaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 01:40   Link #33
MrBrown
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw55
Also you are the 15th person to point this out baka, READ the whole section before stating something 15 other ppl have mentioned >.>;;
I read it. I'm just saying you're wrong.
MrBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 03:17   Link #34
kansai
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
I recommend having your translator look a little more deeply into the series. "Official" or not, people will only complain if character names don't match with previous (and current) naming schemes.

HxH scanlated manga by Toriyama World, Manga-Section, and Nexgear are good resources for names.
kansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 08:24   Link #35
Ryodan
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
same, im sure it wont hurt to look into a bit.
too many people are whining over the spelling.
so maybe i suggest to learn the spelling over the characters and places. too many people are whining.

well anyway, great job with the subbing. hard to find a fansubbing group who are willing to sub this OVA series
Ryodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 08:35   Link #36
Ryodan
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
The animation in ep 1 is not so good, but it looks better in ep 2. The opening theme looks like they rushed it, the song just doesn't fit the series, and seeing Gon, Killua and Biscuit flying through space is just.... uh -_-

I don't think they skip anything in ep 1, i'll have to go read the manga again, but they skipped alot in ep 2 -_-.

If they can keep up the same animation they had in ep 2 and change the crappy opening theme halfway through the series, that would be very good.

I don't think the subbing was too good either. And they got some of the characters names wrong. Biscuit = Piske -_-, Raiza = Razor o.O.

I'm just waiting for Aone_N! to do a DVD version of it because they did a great job on the last OVA ^^.

you whine to much,

Quote:
I don't think the subbing was too good either. And they got some of the characters names wrong. Biscuit = Piske -_-, Raiza = Razor o.O.
well why dont you try subbing a series princess.
not everyones perfect
and if you think the animation/subbing is crap then dont watch it. we dont need you here complaining about everything until they full fill your standards
Ryodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 09:44   Link #37
MrBrown
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryodan
hard to find a fansubbing group who are willing to sub this OVA series
Most groups are just waiting for the DVD release. I know 3 groups that are waiting, and I'm willing to bet others will pop up once the DVDs are out.
MrBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 17:57   Link #38
outlaw55
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryodan
same, im sure it wont hurt to look into a bit.
too many people are whining over the spelling.
so maybe i suggest to learn the spelling over the characters and places. too many people are whining.

well anyway, great job with the subbing. hard to find a fansubbing group who are willing to sub this OVA series
Well I've personally looked into the names, just cuz ONE was wrong and ppl bitch makes me mad, but just a note to you (who isn't bitching thank you for that) the OFFICAL names are spelled differently (most of them) that the names the other groups HAVE been using. We have changed Piske to the OFFICAL Romanji of Bisuke, all other characters are spelled fine so there should be no problem .
outlaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 07:36   Link #39
Ryodan
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrown
Most groups are just waiting for the DVD release. I know 3 groups that are waiting, and I'm willing to bet others will pop up once the DVDs are out.
care to share
Ryodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 07:49   Link #40
MrBrown
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryodan
care to share
HI-MI-TSU


The 1st DVD is out this wednesday IIRC, so we'll find out this week or the next one.
MrBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.