AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-03-01, 16:15   Link #41
outlaw55
Banned

HxH OVA 3 Episode 2

What did you think?

I personally thought the Hunters Exam part was funny as shit.

Side Note: We changed the name to Bisuke, feel free to give some feedback if you want in a PM to me, this will just be episode Discussion.
outlaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 16:42   Link #42
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw55
What did you think?

I personally thought the Hunters Exam part was funny as shit.

Side Note: We changed the name to Bisuke, feel free to give some feedback if you want in a PM to me, this will just be episode Discussion.
The Hunter Exam was good, I noticed they didn't show that guy from York Shin that taught Gon and Killua to appraise things. (they did in the manga) Don't know why, it would have only taken 5 seconds or so.

Cutting all that stuff with the bombers was much worse though. They cut like an entire chapter there, because of the violence I guess.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 17:33   Link #43
Aikeleer

Eh, I didn't read the manga. There was a secene with some violence in this episode, but you didn't saw the body's.

I liked this episode, and I even catched a glimp of my idol, Hisoka. :P A lot happened in this episode again, in the next episode many people will be happy to see Kurapika again.
Aikeleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 17:38   Link #44
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Not to sound too stupid here, but is G I Final a separate OVA from Greed Island? Cause I thought G I Final was just Greed Island all over again.
Old 2004-03-01, 18:35   Link #45
Hellraizer0

G.I. Final is just the continuation from the G.I OVA, only this time they will end the Greed Island arc. Also, Outlaw55---great job.
Hellraizer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 18:44   Link #46
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikeleer
Eh, I didn't read the manga. There was a secene with some violence in this episode, but you didn't saw the body's.
Yeah,
Spoiler:

Without spoiling anything: Lots more Hisoka coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Not to sound too stupid here, but is G I Final a separate OVA from Greed Island? Cause I thought G I Final was just Greed Island all over again.
Greed Island Final is the third OVA series. It will have 14 episodes. It's the sequel to the previous Greed Island OVA series (which was 8 episodes) and this OVA will finish up the Greed Island story arc.

Last edited by a_nevels666; 2004-03-01 at 19:26.
Old 2004-03-01, 22:00   Link #47
naantje
Annoyance :)

speaking of which, anyone know if theyll continue the story AFTER GI?? i mean they should just make a second season cuz theres sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much left ~
naantje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-02, 01:25   Link #48
Aikeleer

It wouldn't surprise me if they just keep going on with an OVA every year, the manga is still runnning afaik.

a_nevels666: Thanks for the info. But it doesn't really surprise me that they skipped that chapter, or this comes up in episode 3.
More Hisoka
Old 2004-03-02, 03:18   Link #49
MrBrown

The story doesn't end with GI at all, rather, more plot just keeps coming in. The manga is long past the GI arc, and probably already has enough material for a new OVA... If HxH stays popular enough, there'll be more anime.
MrBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-02, 03:26   Link #50
MaoKhan

it was a little hard to believe that no one at the hunter exam could stand up tp killua, even though he has nen, you'd think maybe 1 person would have learned it too
MaoKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-02, 03:28   Link #51
TheMongoMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoKhan
it was a little hard to believe that no one at the hunter exam could stand up tp killua, even though he has nen, you'd think maybe 1 person would have learned it too

Why is that hard to believe? Only Killua's brother and Hisoka knew nen in the 1st exam, and they are some of the most important nen users around. So I think it makes sense that Killua was the only one who knew nen.
Old 2004-03-02, 03:49   Link #52
MrBrown

When Killua went around looking for "anyone I know" in the exam hall, he was talking about people who know nen. I thought this was a bit unclear in the anime.
Old 2004-03-02, 10:40   Link #53
Ryodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMongoMania
Why is that hard to believe? Only Killua's brother and Hisoka knew nen in the 1st exam, and they are some of the most important nen users around. So I think it makes sense that Killua was the only one who knew nen.
hisoka and hanzo knew it aswell

the exam part was funny. the way he knocked everyone out and the way the examiner responded to it.

and Btw, anyone know what was the card that killua had got so he could leave the game? it was a B ranked card.

cant wait for the rest, since we know who the 'nen voider' is and so he is kuroro's target.
Ryodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-02, 10:41   Link #54
Ryodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoKhan

he's from the 'legendary assassin familly'
he could kill them all in a flash if he didnt meet Gon.
Old 2004-03-02, 10:43   Link #55
Ryodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naantje
speaking of which, anyone know if theyll continue the story AFTER GI?? i mean they should just make a second season cuz theres sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much left ~

they should, plenty of fans out there and HxH is pretty popular.
but due to the rumors of togashi's health , they should be releasing the anime's in OVA batchs rather than what they had before, 62 TV series.
Old 2004-03-02, 13:02   Link #56
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryodan
hisoka and hanzo knew it aswell

the exam part was funny. the way he knocked everyone out and the way the examiner responded to it.

and Btw, anyone know what was the card that killua had got so he could leave the game? it was a B ranked card.

cant wait for the rest, since we know who the 'nen voider' is and so he is kuroro's target.
He already mentioned Hisoka, and I don't think Hanzo knew Nen back then, Hanzo was just a skilled martial artist I think.

The card was: (from the manga)

--------------------------------------
266 - Passing Ticket - B-150

The ticket neccesary for leaving Greed Island.
You can aquire it by buying it from the chief,
or beating him. In reality, he won't give it to you,
no matter what you give him.
---------------------------------------

In the manga they also showed Gon, Killua and Kisuke beating some werewolves (and getting a 'chief of wolf pack' card) on their way to getting the card to leave Greed Island. (They could work this in somewhere later though.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryodan
they should, plenty of fans out there and HxH is pretty popular.
but due to the rumors of togashi's health , they should be releasing the anime's in OVA batchs rather than what they had before, 62 TV series.
I think the OVA format is just because otherwise they'll catch up to the manga.
The manga isn't that far ahead, only enough for about one other OVA series after GI Final.

Last edited by a_nevels666; 2004-03-02 at 13:16.
Old 2004-03-02, 13:29   Link #57
Aikeleer

I also don't think that Hanzo knows Nen, or he just doesn't use it. I thought Hisoka used Nen to 'play' with his cards?
Well, Killua didn't had much trouble of killing people without Nen, he used some extraordinary techniques in the exam (the fights with the prisoners). Remember that he said the exam was just 'easy', just takin' out some n00b Hunters or wanabee-Hunters wouldn't be a problem for him I think.

I think I'll read the manga up to this episode, just to check some things they left over. Can someone tell which chapter the anime episode 2 starts and ends? Thanks you.
Old 2004-03-02, 13:38   Link #58
MrBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikeleer
I think I'll read the manga up to this episode, just to check some things they left over. Can someone tell which chapter the anime episode 2 starts and ends?

GI Final eps 1-2 are 140-148, in vol 15.
Old 2004-03-02, 15:08   Link #59
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I want to say two things:

1) Moderators! please open a Hunter X Hunter Forum! It deserves it

2) If these are ovas why are the fansubbers taking one week to sub one episode? It is 14 episodes, so it means that we have to wait more than 3 months??? why?
Old 2004-03-02, 15:18   Link #60
Wootdaboot

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
I want to say two things:

1) Moderators! please open a Hunter X Hunter Forum! It deserves it

2) If these are ovas why are the fansubbers taking one week to sub one episode? It is 14 episodes, so it means that we have to wait more than 3 months??? why?
They are subbing from VHS........and I don't thinkg vol. 2 has been released in Japan yet. So you will have to wait longer than 3 months. Unless they start airing the show on tv in Japan which I think they should.
Wootdaboot is offline   Reply With Quote