AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-03, 20:35   Link #721
Domdus

hello, everyone i have just made an account on this for the sole purpose of asking if the HxH series has ended or if its going to continue. I watched this series along time ago..... about a year or so, anticipating that it would continue with the series eventually....... that is what i got off reading all the other forums. However now that it has been about 2 years since the GI Final OVA ended i am confused if there is actually going to be a continuation of the anime. I have heard that the manga has continued but for some unknown reason they have not continued the anime series.

I love the anime and hope they come out with another series. If anyone has any information if the series is going to continue or not, may you please post it on this thread. Thanks =D!
Domdus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 20:41   Link #722
Oberon

As far as I know, the manga is still stuck in the insect arc that followed the GI arc. There hasn't been a chapter for several months now and I guess there's no point in making a new OAV, when it's not even certain when or how the current arc is going to finish. That's just my guess though.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 01:05   Link #723
Domdus

hmmm.... i see....... i guess there's little hope that a new OVA is coming out them =(. Well i guess ill just check up on this anime in about a year or two to see if anything knew has come out.

Oh yeah, may you plz give me the link for the manga. I might as well read that if the new OVA series isn't going to come out. Thanks in advance xD
Domdus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 15:19   Link #724
Dragon_Ninja

They really should continue making OVAs for this series. I realize that Togashi is sick and all, but I just cannot excuse that pitiful excuse for artwork that he has been doing for the recent chapters that I've read (I'm only up to ch.188, but now I've taken a break from HxH because of all the bad artwork, not to mention the lame story for the Chimera arc). This is mainly why I would like to see another OVA for it, so that I can watch it in anime form. Because, as far as G. I. Finals go, they did an excellent job on it, and I'm sure they'd do the same for the arc that has yet to be animated, if they decided to do so.
Dragon_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 18:05   Link #725
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

I agree.
G. I. Finals were really good.
they should continue with the OVA's

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 05:50   Link #726
Keirin
One from the moon

Send a message via MSN to Keirin
Little question: Did Gon find his father already on manga? Man they found under the tree at the last G.I OVA, was it gon's father?
Keirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 07:09   Link #727
crystar
*yawns*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirin View Post
Little question: Did Gon find his father already on manga? Man they found under the tree at the last G.I OVA, was it gon's father?
Spoiler for Manga Spoilers:
Old 2007-03-31, 07:44   Link #728
Bloodseeker

If they don't have any good creative writers that are confident that they can write filler that's at the very least on par with the celestial tower arc to keep fans held over until the current manga arc is finished, then they shouldn't even glance at HXH until the manga continues. The last thing that a great anime like HXH needs is crappy filler.

I actually got bored at the beginning of HXH (episode 5) and dropped it for about a year, but I'm glad that I picked it back up. I started enjoying it as soon as the first exam started, started enjoying it even more as it progressed, and after they introduced nen, it pretty much solidified its spot as a buyers should it ever get licensed. Its my second favorite long shounen anime of this type behind Yu Yu Hakusho.

My only real gripe (aside from the boring beginning) is that it was a sausage fest up until the York Shin arc, and they've only had a female main character during the Greed Island arc, which is irritating, because HXH has some likable female characters. (Machi and Bisuke FTFW (I really hope that they don't kill the former off), and Shizuku, Menchi, Paku are pretty cool too)
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 11:27   Link #729
Super Ska Master

I wish that the manga would stop being on hiatus already. >:O
Old 2007-07-16, 13:10   Link #730
NordicOtaku

Question about GI Final:

Killua's little sister Karuto(?) was shown to replace number 4 (Hisoka's former position) on Genei Ryodan. Anyway, on GI Final, she said - when Hisoka noticed her hiding in the woods - "Was my Zetsu imperfect?". This made me think, that why on earth Killua was the only one from Zoldick family who didn't know about Nen in the first place, since even her little sister knew about it?
NordicOtaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 13:45   Link #731
archanfels

Funny when people get pissed by Toshigi's artwork and declares "the story is not awesome enough to warrent this kind of crapiness"

Yes the guy uses sketches and it feels a bit lazy/cheap, but mangas are called "Graphic Novels" for a reason you know? This not your 3 year old picture books we are talking about where everything has to be shiny and flashy. It's the stories/characters that matter (you are the ones claiming Naruto/Bleach better than One Piece cuz "zomg sausuke so hot lolz" arent ya?).

As for whether the story is good enough to warrent the quality of the graphic, you can keep your own opinions but remember the majority disagree w/ u. Seeing last year HxH was among the Top 10 highest rated titles on Shonen Jump even there were only like 5 chapters published.
archanfels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 07:16   Link #732
Connavar

HXH Manga has never had more than decent art. If he wrote the manga again and finished the horrible insect art i wouldnt care about the quality of the art at all.

It has always been the characters,nen fighting systems and the story that made it famous and loved by many not the art.
Connavar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 02:27   Link #733
eurhteranienains
nothing here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicOtaku View Post
Question about GI Final:

Killua's little sister Karuto(?) was shown to replace number 4 (Hisoka's former position) on Genei Ryodan. Anyway, on GI Final, she said - when Hisoka noticed her hiding in the woods - "Was my Zetsu imperfect?". This made me think, that why on earth Killua was the only one from Zoldick family who didn't know about Nen in the first place, since even her little sister knew about it?
I agree, being the heir to the throne and all shouldn't he learn nen when he was born? lol well i guess that just all make the story better and if he did learn nen then he wouldnt be sticking around with gon. Btw his "sis" is actually a boy
eurhteranienains is offline   Reply With Quote