AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite CLANNAD character(s)
Okazaki Tomoya 208 49.76%
Okazaki Nagisa 197 47.13%
Okazaki Ushio 168 40.19%
Furukawa Sanae 95 22.73%
Furukawa Akio 165 39.47%
Fujibayashi Kyou 177 42.34%
Fujibayashi Ryou 33 7.89%
Sakagami Tomoyo 167 39.95%
Ichinose Kotomi 132 31.58%
Ibuki Fuuko 92 22.01%
Miyazawa Yukine 42 10.05%
Sunohara Youhei 106 25.36%
Sunohara Mei 66 15.79%
Okazaki Naoyuki 15 3.59%
Yoshino Yuusuke 57 13.64%
Yoshino Kouko 17 4.07%
Sagara Misae 51 12.20%
Shima Katsuki 40 9.57%
Nishina Rie 17 4.07%
Botan 60 14.35%
Others 10 2.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 418. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-15, 16:32   Link #61
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hungary, Europe
Age: 29
My apologies. I didn't tried to raise that debate at all (it's offtopic, and it's close to impossible to convince those not in agree about that issue anyway).
What I said at first is that I could completely identify myself with him, I could agree with all of Tomoya's decisions and logic, and I really liked the way he thinks, except only the way he didn't tried really hard to prevent the tragedy to occur (it's just my opinion, but it can be due to my pessimistic worldview). In any event, It wouldn't have made any difference in the end, but I would have preferred to see him more thoroughly regarding it.
izmosmolnar is offline  
Old 2009-04-15, 16:35   Link #62
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Well he was smart enough not the eat the combo. And while Nagisa may be frail, her immune system my be tuned to be able to eat such things normally. The Bold and Brave Nagisa who would eat the Jammu covered Bread.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now  
Old 2009-04-15, 16:42   Link #63
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well he was smart enough not the eat the combo. And while Nagisa may be frail, her immune system my be tuned to be able to eat such things normally. The Bold and Brave Nagisa who would eat the Jammu covered Bread.
*imagining Nagisa going Trans-Am during the delivery*
__________________
Nerroth is offline  
Old 2009-04-15, 16:46   Link #64
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
*imagining Nagisa going Trans-Am during the delivery*
And then the baby turned out to be Super Saiyajin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
However, if he runs into a Kurdish brat flying a funky mobile suit, all bets may well be off...
I have no idea how we suddenly involved 00

On a 2nd thought, if we are talking about Alto Saotome...

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2009-04-15, 16:47   Link #65
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
And then the baby turned out to be Super Saiyajin?

- Tak
Make that Setsuna F. Exia...



TOH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I have no idea how we suddenly involved 00
Consider it a case of making an Intervention...

Quote:
On a 2nd thought, if we are talking about Alto Saotome...
Ja, the whole seiyuu thing - and Tomoya
Spoiler for 00:
__________________
Nerroth is offline  
Old 2009-04-15, 16:55   Link #66
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Ushio, Ushio, Ushio.

Probably smarter than CB.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now  
Old 2009-04-15, 16:56   Link #67
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Ja, the whole seiyuu thing - and Tomoya
Spoiler for 00:
Holy shit, he was Mr. Bushido?

Dear me, because Mr. Bushido had the worst name for a character.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2009-04-15, 16:56   Link #68
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Ushio, Ushio, Ushio.

Probably smarter than CB.
Well, Veda had to come from somewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Holy shit, he was Mr. Bushido?

Dear me, because Mr. Bushido had the worst name for a character.

- Tak
Well,

Spoiler for 00:
__________________
Nerroth is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 18:00   Link #69
GreatTeacherKen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California
Wow, I think this may be the first time I've seen the male lead get so many votes in a bishoujo filled show. Not that I'm complaining. It's nice to see a male lead get so much character development across two seasons, especially since I can't think of many other leads that receive the same treatment.
GreatTeacherKen is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 18:32   Link #70
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
Wow, I think this may be the first time I've seen the male lead get so many votes in a bishoujo filled show. Not that I'm complaining. It's nice to see a male lead get so much character development across two seasons, especially since I can't think of many other leads that receive the same treatment.
Yeah, I agree with you on that. From my perspective, this show has set a new standard for what I expect out of a male lead in any anime that is involved with this genre. Still I know I'll be disappointed most of the time because I don't know if any other male lead will be able to top Tomoya in my books.

If Tak reads this, it's a shame that Alto wasn't developed this well although they had the same VA
__________________

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 19:33   Link #71
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
If Tak reads this, it's a shame that Alto wasn't developed this well although they had the same VA
Alto?

Its Macross! Aside from Maximillian Jenius, nearly every other male is forgettable!

Except Basara burnt his image into my mind... and it still hurts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
this show has set a new standard
Speaking of new standards... Key pretty much sat a standard when they made Kanon. You might not believe it or know it, but Tsukimiya Ayu is actually the most (in)famous bishojo heroine ever to exist

Even more so than the cast of Clannad.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Last edited by Tak; 2009-04-17 at 19:43.
Tak is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 19:56   Link #72
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Speaking of new standards... Key pretty much sat a standard when they made Kanon. You might not believe it or know it, but Tsukimiya Ayu is actually the most (in)famous bishojo heroine ever to exist

Even more so than the cast of Clannad.

- Tak
Ayu!? Really!? but which one is it? Famous or infamous? Unless you didn't find her to be all that great. I didn't mind her character and she had a pretty sad history but I liked Nayuki more than her to be honest. Nagisa is still my favorite in Clannad though
__________________

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 20:01   Link #73
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Ayu!? Really!? but which one is it? Famous or infamous? Unless you didn't find her to be all that great. I didn't mind her character and she had a pretty sad history but I liked Nayuki more than her to be honest. Nagisa is still my favorite in Clannad though
I am not too big of an Ayu fan, no. But undeniably, she is the poster girl of bishojo games. Fact is that she had made appearances outside of her source material more so than anyone else from the same genre in recent memory and easily the most recognizable bishojo icon. Its difficult not to notice that winged backpack.

And how can anyone forget "uguu"?

I like Nayuki as well (as well as Shiori, who is basically Nagisa of Kanon), and I feel sad for her for internalizing a lot of emotional err... difficulties

Oh trust me, there are times when I just wanted to jump into my monitor and punch the lights out of Yuuichi and go "dude, get a fucking clue!"

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 20:52   Link #74
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I am not too big of an Ayu fan, no. But undeniably, she is the poster girl of bishojo games. Fact is that she had made appearances outside of her source material more so than anyone else from the same genre in recent memory and easily the most recognizable bishojo icon. Its difficult not to notice that winged backpack.

And how can anyone forget "uguu"?

I like Nayuki as well (as well as Shiori, who is basically Nagisa of Kanon), and I feel sad for her for internalizing a lot of emotional err... difficulties

Oh trust me, there are times when I just wanted to jump into my monitor and punch the lights out of Yuuichi and go "dude, get a fucking clue!"

- Tak
Now that I think about it, Shiori is pretty similar in a lot of aspects to Nagisa. I see what you mean now Ayu and her appearances.

Ugh, don't remind me about Yuiichi. He was too oblivious to Nayuki's feelings and didn't realize how much she really cared about him. Gives me vibes of Rin from Shuffle if you've seen that series.
__________________

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 23:17   Link #75
GreatTeacherKen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Gives me vibes of Rin from Shuffle if you've seen that series.
Which is funny, since they share the same VA.
GreatTeacherKen is offline  
Old 2009-04-17, 23:57   Link #76
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
Which is funny, since they share the same VA.
Come again? ...I haven't done my research but Yuiichi from Kanon and Rin from Shuffle share the same VA? How ironic... Tomoya is a prime example of a real male lead in my opinion
__________________

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline  
Old 2009-04-18, 01:35   Link #77
GreatTeacherKen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California
Yep, they're both played by Tomokazu Sugita, who's also Kyon in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Hideki in Chobits.

To clarify, Sugita plays Yuuichi in the 2006 version of Kanon

Last edited by GreatTeacherKen; 2009-04-18 at 01:54. Reason: clarification
GreatTeacherKen is offline  
Old 2009-04-18, 06:16   Link #78
Akka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Clannad is a magnificent serie blessed with an all-around loveable cast.
Nagisa, who I found very boring in the first season, became enjoyable and likeable in the second.
The weakest character may be Ry, and even her is still in the positive.

So among these good fellows, the choice I made :

The first and most obvious choice, is Tomoya Okazaki. One of the deepest, most well-fleshed and interesting character I ever seen, with a really incredible amount of development. One of the rare time we really feel that we follow someone growing up and maturing. Incredible work here.
Love how he's a "don't fuck with me" and still deeply gentle guy in school, how he discover the notion of "responsability" and "accountability", how he become a man and, ultimately, a father.
All this while keeping the "neither perfect nor flawed" side. Someone deeply human and humane.

The second and third place were much less clear-cut. Many characters are very interesting, and follow very different route. Nagisa and Ushio have large character development (unfair to the rest of the cast, even), but I had very strong ties with the other characters from the previous season.
In the end, I think I'll just keep my first loves, the two maiden of war from the beginning. As such, I'll keep my dear tsundere/kudere Ky and Tomoyo. Just love them <3
Akka is offline  
Old 2009-04-18, 23:28   Link #79
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
Which is funny, since they share the same VA.
Even funnier is the existence of a strong fandom that pairs him (Yuuichi) with Akiko...

- Tak (Don't ask)
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2009-04-19, 13:33   Link #80
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Even funnier is the existence of a strong fandom that pairs him (Yuuichi) with Akiko...

- Tak (Don't ask)
He gets to have Jam every morning then...
__________________

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.