AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-08, 06:23   Link #241
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
Off the top of my head, my favorite Ritsu scene is when she sees Mio wearing the school uniform for summer classes and immediately starts to tease her about it. The funniest part is that this is before Mugi arrives, so it's not a case of her showing Mugi how to get hit by Mio; it's simply natural to her
That whole episode was my favourite.

I think one of my favourite scenes of her is when she decides to swallow the receipt to the old guitar the club sold.
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-10-08, 07:26   Link #242
keroro gunsou
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
That whole episode was my favourite.

I think one of my favourite scenes of her is when she decides to swallow the receipt to the old guitar the club sold.
hahaha, Mio was suprised at what Ritsu did so!! Sawako confirmed the wet receipt!! Ritsu screamed it is completely lie!!!
__________________
keroro gunsou is offline  
Old 2010-10-08, 08:10   Link #243
Saphira Veera
Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Tainaka Residence
Quote:
Originally Posted by keroro gunsou View Post
hahaha, Mio was suprised at what Ritsu did so!! Sawako confirmed the wet receipt!! Ritsu screamed it is completely lie!!!

MY FAVORITE EPISODE... EPIC... Me and my best friends laughed for 3 straight whole minutes...
__________________

Sakura Kyouko
Saphira Veera is offline  
Old 2010-10-08, 10:56   Link #244
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Anywhere. Just passing by though...
Send a message via Yahoo to Forte
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
That whole episode was my favourite.

I think one of my favourite scenes of her is when she decides to swallow the receipt to the old guitar the club sold.
Haha... It is tottaly epic! I cant stop laughing everytime I remember about the scene when Ritsu was munching and trying to swallow the receipt and the others girls dancing around in the background... *aw... I hurt my stomach again...*
__________________
Forte is offline  
Old 2010-10-08, 14:31   Link #245
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
Haha... It is tottaly epic! I cant stop laughing everytime I remember about the scene when Ritsu was munching and trying to swallow the receipt and the others girls dancing around in the background... *aw... I hurt my stomach again...*
Yeah! xD I remember going, "oh my god, she's gonna eat it... No way, she wouldnt... BAHAHAHAHAHA!"
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-10-09, 20:36   Link #246
VEE
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Send a message via MSN to VEE Send a message via Skype™ to VEE
Ritsu had a loud voice and amazing VA. The way she talked sometimes really made me laugh.
Example taken from episode 2- when they are selling the old-sawa chan's guitar. 2nd part of the story- where mugi said that she'll accept the 50,000 yen for the guitar.
The moment Ritsu suddenly barge in and said " DON"T ACT WITHOUT THINKING". gotta love that.

The other one from episode 4- where she charge on nodoka- who got lost as well.
Ritsu perform a great forehead slide on the road.

Haha, if it's about Ritsu' s funny moments- I would say they are endless.
VEE is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 01:54   Link #247
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEE View Post
The moment Ritsu suddenly barge in and said " DON"T ACT WITHOUT THINKING". gotta love that.
What makes that funny is that she rarely takes her own advice.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline  
Old 2010-10-10, 22:13   Link #248
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Singapore
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to WBoon Send a message via Skype™ to WBoon
I think most people dislike Season One because Ritsu was rather annoying as a character there than Season Two. So you know, I'm not the only one being buttsore about poor character development in one of the seasons.*snickers* Take Mio out of the equation in Season One and watch Ritsu crumble down. Just saiyan.

But yeah, like I said before, Season One should be called "Mio's Diary," or "Mio's Circle of Friends," 'coz it's practically circling round Mio and her nurturing of Yui and Ritsu into the grown-ups they are today in S2.
__________________
WBoon is offline  
Old 2010-10-11, 01:18   Link #249
Saphira Veera
Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Tainaka Residence
I love love love love love love love her voice!! Her voice varies! Not like Hikasa, she can't do very high pitches for a long time. XDD
__________________

Sakura Kyouko
Saphira Veera is offline  
Old 2010-10-11, 01:38   Link #250
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Anywhere. Just passing by though...
Send a message via Yahoo to Forte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira Veera View Post
I love love love love love love love her voice!! Her voice varies! Not like Hikasa, she can't do very high pitches for a long time. XDD
That's why some of her songs are a bit hard to sing... Need extra try to sing them... The last time, I got a sore throat because of them...
__________________
Forte is offline  
Old 2010-10-11, 08:42   Link #251
Saphira Veera
Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Tainaka Residence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
That's why some of her songs are a bit hard to sing... Need extra try to sing them... The last time, I got a sore throat because of them...
Not a 'bit hard', but IMPOSSIBLE!! I can do Mio's, Mugi's, Yui's and Azusa's but I can't, no matter how hard, can't imitate her voice! Though I love imitating her 'Yossha~' and 'Ikuzou~' quotes.... XD
__________________

Sakura Kyouko
Saphira Veera is offline  
Old 2010-10-11, 11:49   Link #252
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon View Post
I think most people dislike Season One because Ritsu was rather annoying as a character there than Season Two. So you know, I'm not the only one being buttsore about poor character development in one of the seasons.*snickers* Take Mio out of the equation in Season One and watch Ritsu crumble down. Just saiyan.

But yeah, like I said before, Season One should be called "Mio's Diary," or "Mio's Circle of Friends," 'coz it's practically circling round Mio and her nurturing of Yui and Ritsu into the grown-ups they are today in S2.
I didn't find Ritsu's character annoying at all lol. I don't think she got enough screentime in S1 if anything (there's never enough screentime for her!! xD!) I was surprised I didn't find her that annoying though, since I'm usually put off by genki characters. Maybe it's cause of her tomboy/playful attitude that balanced out the genki part.

It's true that it seemed like Ritsu needed Mio in season one more than Mio needed Ritsu (so yeah, Ritsu probably would crumble without Mio) but then again, I'm sure Mio won't be able to do half the things she would've without Ritsu (obvious example: learning bass because she might not have anybody to learn a new instrument with). They balance out each other, without one of them, both would "go down in flames".

I didn't think Mio didn't play a major role in maturing the other girls. Ritsu is probably the most mature out of them during season one. Not the most responsible, but the most mentally mature in terms knowing what needs to get done, consequences of actions, etc. Maybe it was Yui even who had the most effect on the girls' maturity... I mean, she practices 24/7, it might've woken them up and take responsibility for the whole team.

Season one had focused a lot more on Yui's development rather than Mio at all (she was there just for jokes imo... Actually, they're all really there for jokes.) so I don't think any title with "Mio" in it would be suitable for S1. It began of with Yui and the episode progressed at Yui's pace. If that season was focused on anyone, it was Yui.

PS. Don't rant about Ritsu. There are fans here willing to not shut up about it (like me) lol.
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-10-11, 11:54   Link #253
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
I agree, I love the power and aggression of her voice actor when playing Ritsu.

Keywords: when playing Ritsu.

I've seen her other roles and.. Man... It's so awkward when you hear "YOOSHHH!!" Ritsu as a timid normal girl with glasses o_O (talking about that new 'My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute' (or something) series)
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-10-11, 14:59   Link #254
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Singapore
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to WBoon Send a message via Skype™ to WBoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Ritsu is probably the most mature out of them during season one. Not the most responsible, but the most mentally mature in terms knowing what needs to get done, consequences of actions, etc.
See, whenever I try and give Ritsu some credits for being a loyal friend, fiercely guarding her friends even when faced with insurmountable odds... it's overrating statements like the bolded one in the quote that irks me, forcing me to play the flaming troll once again.

I provided my support for Mio's decisiveness (for the fifth or sixth time, and yet people ignore), so it's only fair for you to bring out some evidence to support your claim, because the 'maturity' I saw in Ritsu during Season One was:

1. her preference to play before practice, especially emphasized in Ep 4, Camp
2. her actions in taking advantage of her own bestfriend's phobias to gain the amusement of seeing her blackout/spasms
3. her childish nature to 'get back at Mio' for... er, 'making her wait so long for her meal'? (Yeah, Ritsu, if you want to have your cabbages raw, go do it by one side)
4. her tomfoolery with Yui in pretending to be trapped on an island or lost in the heavens - in at least two occasions and two beach episodes
5. her jealousy for Mio's company with Nodoka (you could say that S1/E11 was completely 'ooc' for Ritsu, but I could say the same for the entire S2 that was a big chunk of filler in Mio's regards)

You could argue that Ritsu's actions kept the bandmate in a carefree environment, balancing out Mio's seriousness (and just so you don't skim through this, I agree, and I even approve of Ritsu's playful behavior; Ritsu reminds me a lot of myself), but the point being debated here is maturity, which Ritsu blatantly had at a lesser amount than Mio in Season One (unless you could support that maturity somehow dwells within playfulness).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Maybe it was Yui even who had the most effect on the girls' maturity... I mean, she practices 24/7, it might've woken them up and take responsibility for the whole team.
Yeah... you know, the whole '24/7' excuse is getting kind of old - and ridiculous. She practices a lot - not 24/7.

But no, I agree. Yui's determination might have provided motivation for the band, the whole team. Her innocent strive to go against her lazy-self and work hard actually triggers a kind of moe that keeps the other members protecting her. No, moe doesn't necessarily have to be terrified and cringing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
she was there just for jokes imo...
Okay, that's it. *pushes up sleeves* Come on. Just you and me. Mano-a-mano.

Oh, gawd. Months of repetitions on how Mio supports the other members of the band and we are reduced to 'Mio is just for jokes'. My head aches at the short-sightedness.

Let me repeat this one, f**king, last time: MIO. SAVED. YUI'S. ASS. TWICE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
PS. Don't rant about Ritsu. There are fans here willing to not shut up about it (like me) lol.
Yeah, and I'm just one undying fan unwilling to surrender myself against the myopic army.
__________________

Last edited by WBoon; 2010-10-11 at 15:18.
WBoon is offline  
Old 2010-10-11, 16:36   Link #255
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Totally valid points, man. I'd be totally interested in seeing how this conversation would develop, unfortunately, I'm just not the person to do it xD (I can't argue via text, verbal debating is my thing). Also, I'm not incredibly bright, so this is kind of one-sided.

Although, since I'm such a Ritsu fan, and because this is doubling for a general character discussion board so just why not, let me take a stab at a few points...

Her maturity...
Quote:
1. her preference to play before practice, especially emphasized in Ep 4, Camp
I find myself a mature person and I tend to goof off a lot. Yeah, she was messing around with Yui a lot and kind of put practice next, but when it comes down to it, she KNOWS when practice needs to be done. She has an immature attitude but a mature state of control... Or something, lol. Such as that time when they were all praying on New Years, she was the one who brought up the sake of the club, taking it more seriously than everybody else at that moment.

Quote:
5. her jealousy for Mio's company with Nodoka (you could say that S1/E11 was completely 'ooc' for Ritsu, but I could say the same for the entire S2 that was a big chunk of filler in Mio's regards)
Totally agree with this. That WAS a very immature thing to do. But then again, if that situation is reversed, I will not be surprised if Mio had done the same thing (which she does, in that certain manga chapter when Mio gets obsessive). That's one thing I found really strange about her character. Ritsu is a very... I don't know how you'd say it... Perceptive? Character. She knows when someone has an issue or something that's irking them. Mio and Ritsu have developed this sort of relationship in which Ritsu has had a set line in which not to cross. She is aware of this. Until those episodes when Mio started to grow as a character and that line was shortened. All of a sudden, everything Ritsu did pissed Mio off. Unaware of this change (to distressed from the fear that her friend was leaving, she ignored any sort of logic or maturity to dealing with the situation) Ritsu just flat out dug herself into a hole by being more of an idiot (which I can sympathize with... But that's another story)

Quote:
Ritsu blatantly had at a lesser amount than Mio in Season One
My god, I'm writing a lot of text. So I'll keep it short.
Ritsu doesn't have a lot of external maturity (I'm totally making this up... But keep with me for a sec). She doesn't exhibit the same sort of maturity Mio has. Mio is mature in the way she thinks an adult should act (keeping it cool in all scenarios, etc.) Ritsu is mature in the sense of knowing how to handle things (well, at least in my view). Mio tends to drop her maturity when something sensitive happens (creepy things, Ritsu's teasing, etc.) She is putting this image up of a 100% confident and collected person. Ritsu is the complete opposite where, although she messes around a lot, inside, she is usually alert to everything that's going on and how to deal with it. The only time I remember this crumbling apart is during the whole jealousy-episode. She exhibits the type of maturity that, say, in a state of emergency, would be the one to deal with the situation with utmost pro-ness and seriousness. I can imagine everybody else freaking out and her going "Everybody, shut up and help! You do this, that, and that" which I think is more mature than "Can't panic, remain composed." I'm not saying Mio isn't mature, she just isn't as mature as she lets others believe she is. Slowly, thank god, due to some character development, she does grow more mature as the series progresses.
I lied. I didn't keep it short.

Quote:
'24/7' excuse is getting kind of old
Yeah, my bad lol. Just throwing it out there cause, why not.

Quote:
Okay, that's it. *pushes up sleeves* Come on. Just you and me. Mano-a-mano.

Oh, gawd. Months of repetitions on how Mio supports the other members of the band and we are reduced to 'Mio is just for jokes'. My head aches at the short-sightedness.

Let me repeat this one, f**king, last time: MIO. SAVED. YUI'S. ASS. TWICE.
Haha, my bad man. Hope you didn't take that one too personally. I tend to exaggerate my comments and I usually swing my sentences to one extreme or the other. Well, don't pin down anybody else for that XD
No explanation for this one. Just a slip up on my part.

And yeah, she did save Yui's ass twice. It's kind of like an older sister bailing a naive younger one out of trouble. Yeah, she does support the others in the band, but you know what, everybody kind of supports one another here. They've all been there for another at one point in the story. It just so happens that Mio is in the best position out of the rest of the girls to save her ass. (I'm not implying that's the only reason, so please don't go bat-crazy lol)

Anyways, this was just a reply to WBoon. So everybody else just go hopping on along if you don't care. lol. Probably way too much to read for anybody who doesn't, haha.

Oh my god, huge wall of text. Sorry fellow board-followers @_@ And sorry WBoon, gotta deal with my horrible grammar and not-up-to-your-par arguments xD
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-10-11, 18:23   Link #256
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Singapore
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to WBoon Send a message via Skype™ to WBoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Such as that time when they were all praying on New Years, she was the one who brought up the sake of the club, taking it more seriously than everybody else at that moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Ritsu is probably the most mature out of them during season one.
Well, are we still talking about Season One Ritsu or overall Ritsu altogether? Because the New Years scene didn't happen in S1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
But then again, if that situation is reversed, I will not be surprised if Mio had done the same thing (which she does, in that certain manga chapter when Mio gets obsessive).
I highly doubt Mio would freak. She occurs to me, as of S1, as a very rational character not to be as hysterical as Ritsu. Then again, I'd just sound biased, so let's move on.

The manga you were referring to wouldn't happen to be "Requiem 5 a Dream," would it? 'Coz that is totally unrelated to canon Mio. Even if it's the K-On manga, if the obsession incident happens after the events of S1 (assuming that Kakifly and KyoAni's K-On are chronologically interlinked), then your argument is voided, but I get a feeling the manga Mio and the anime Mio are two mountains apart, once again. So I guess I'll have to hear from you about her obsession then, bloppyblue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Ritsu is a very... I don't know how you'd say it... Perceptive? Character. She knows when someone has an issue or something that's irking them. Mio and Ritsu have developed this sort of relationship in which Ritsu has had a set line in which not to cross. She is aware of this. Until those episodes when Mio started to grow as a character and that line was shortened. All of a sudden, everything Ritsu did pissed Mio off. Unaware of this change (to distressed from the fear that her friend was leaving, she ignored any sort of logic or maturity to dealing with the situation) Ritsu just flat out dug herself into a hole by being more of an idiot (which I can sympathize with... But that's another story)
Yeah, I get what you mean. S2 Ritsu is another polar opposite from S1 Ritsu, only that it works better for Ritsu in her case, ironically. I get the perceptive part of her character, but it's really barely scratched upon in S1. If anyone's perceptive in S1, it is Mio and Tsumugi (for the latter, see my latest post in Tsumugi's thread for more info).

Maturity, however, is a different thing compared to perceptiveness. Ritsu's levelheadedness didn't really poke its way out until around Ep 13, where we see a more rational Ritsu in the making (and it also unfortunately forewarns the moe-flood of Mio that's to come), but after watching some S1 episodes again, there were definitely signs of Ritsu being more in control than, ahem, Yui is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Mio is mature in the way she thinks an adult should act (keeping it cool in all scenarios, etc.) Ritsu is mature in the sense of knowing how to handle things (well, at least in my view). Mio tends to drop her maturity when something sensitive happens (creepy things, Ritsu's teasing, etc.) She is putting this image up of a 100% confident and collected person. Ritsu is the complete opposite where, although she messes around a lot, inside, she is usually alert to everything that's going on and how to deal with it. The only time I remember this crumbling apart is during the whole jealousy-episode. She exhibits the type of maturity that, say, in a state of emergency, would be the one to deal with the situation with utmost pro-ness and seriousness. I can imagine everybody else freaking out and her going "Everybody, shut up and help! You do this, that, and that" which I think is more mature than "Can't panic, remain composed." I'm not saying Mio isn't mature, she just isn't as mature as she lets others believe she is. Slowly, thank god, due to some character development, she does grow more mature as the series progresses.
See, why couldn't they have kept the fire-and-ice relationship between Ritsu and Mio going on all the way till S2? It was working fine, there was no need to truncate it. I don't like the term, 'putting up an image,' though, because that just suggests Mio to be a hypocrite (which she wasn't portrayed as till S2, at least, haha). I digress.

I couldn't blame Mio to be fearful of half the things she's scared of in the show, though, and not because I'm biased. I mean, that bathtub full of lobsters made my skin crawl as well. Stage fright? I've had it - and definitely still has it (and if not for Kakifly's itchy fingers, she would had conquered her stage fright... which would have actually been more interesting to see than the moe-blob fest). Those barnacles reminded me of dried bird poop. That's right. Hardened, white, dry bird shat. I've seen them and they sure weren't a view to enjoy. And to top it all off, I'm a guy who's rather squirmish when it comes to macabre stuff, too (hence my lack of interest in guro).
__________________
WBoon is offline  
Old 2010-10-11, 19:06   Link #257
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Well, are we still talking about Season One Ritsu or overall Ritsu altogether? Because the New Years scene didn't happen in S1.
I was referring to the S1 New Years event Right after the training camp, I believe? When Mio wore her nicest clothing and she got a little embarrassed.

Quote:
I highly doubt Mio would freak. She occurs to me, as of S1, as a very rational character not to be as hysterical as Ritsu. Then again, I'd just sound biased, so let's move on.

The manga you were referring to wouldn't happen to be "Requiem 5 a Dream," would it? 'Coz that is totally unrelated to canon Mio. Even if it's the K-On manga, if the obsession incident happens after the events of S1 (assuming that Kakifly and KyoAni's K-On are chronologically interlinked), then your argument is voided, but I get a feeling the manga Mio and the anime Mio are two mountains apart, once again. So I guess I'll have to hear from you about her obsession then, bloppyblue.
Oh gosh, no. I'm talking about the manga chapter...
Spoiler for manga:


Quote:
Maturity, however, is a different thing compared to perceptiveness. Ritsu's levelheadedness didn't really poke its way out until around Ep 13, where we see a more rational Ritsu in the making (and it also unfortunately forewarns the moe-flood of Mio that's to come), but after watching some S1 episodes again, there were definitely signs of Ritsu being more in control than, ahem, Yui is.
Ooh, very true... I'm probably mixing the beginnings of season one with the ends of season one. Either way, the character is still the same character from beginning to end of the series, KyoAni has just decided to highlight different aspects.
And you believe that Mio had more moe in season two than season one?

Quote:
See, why couldn't they have kept the fire-and-ice relationship between Ritsu and Mio going on all the way till S2? It was working fine, there was no need to truncate it.
I think they did a pretty good job in keeping it up in S2. Just like everything else, everything was less exaggerated in S2, including Mio and Ritsu's relationship (it still developed, it was just kept out of focus since it's already been established in Season one).

Quote:
I don't like the term, 'putting up an image,' though, because that just suggests Mio to be a hypocrite (which she wasn't portrayed as till S2, at least, haha). I digress.
I don't see anything hypocritical about that... Maybe not "putting up and image" but... Trying hard to remain a role model to the rest of the girls? Perhaps too hard.

Quote:
I couldn't blame Mio to be fearful of half the things she's scared of in the show, though, and not because I'm biased. I mean, that bathtub full of lobsters made my skin crawl as well. Stage fright? I've had it - and definitely still has it (and if not for Kakifly's itchy fingers, she would had conquered her stage fright... which would have actually been more interesting to see than the moe-blob fest). Those barnacles reminded me of dried bird poop. That's right. Hardened, white, dry bird shat. I've seen them and they sure weren't a view to enjoy. And to top it all off, I'm a guy who's rather squirmish when it comes to macabre stuff, too (hence my lack of interest in guro).
Haha, I guess we've all got that child in us. Although that is one of the reasons why I don't feel that Mio is super extremely mature. She hasn't gotten over some small fears yet and her inner child comes screaming out, haha. I can't really say anything about that since I'm pretty opposite... I found all those antics pretty funny (it's probably due to the fact that I can see myself doing similar things to my friends... Yeah, call me a jerk or whatnot boo).
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-10-11, 19:37   Link #258
VEE
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Send a message via MSN to VEE Send a message via Skype™ to VEE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
I agree, I love the power and aggression of her voice actor when playing Ritsu.

Keywords: when playing Ritsu.

I've seen her other roles and.. Man... It's so awkward when you hear "YOOSHHH!!" Ritsu as a timid normal girl with glasses o_O (talking about that new 'My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute' (or something) series)
Yea yea, she was best at playing Ritsu. Her voices were full of variations- that's the VA with lots of potentials.

The timid girl - manami ( her name i think), i recognized the moment i hear it. But normal ppl doesn't notice that- MOSTLY.
She even play the role of Aria from ( seitokai yakuindomo). using the girly monotonous voice. What to do, in order to fit in the character.

Her next big role is for Wendy ( fairy tail ). But satomi- san mostly voiced for supporting characters. I wanna see her in bigger roles just like Yoko Hikasa.
It's better for them to involve in the same project together. Seitokai Yakuindomo at least is a success. They even sing together~ that's among the thing i'm looking forward.
VEE is offline  
Old 2010-10-11, 19:42   Link #259
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Ah, I had heard about her role in Seitokai Yakuindomo (wanted to watch it and was sold when I saw her name next to one of the characters!) Although I still haven't gotten to it yet.

I'd love to see her in a powerful role again... No timid shy-ness. No, no, no, no, haha.

It'd be such a huge selling point if some series decided to cast the main girls of K-ON into another series (much like how they took the male characters from Durarara!! and shoved them into similar characters in Working!!)
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-10-11, 20:24   Link #260
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Anywhere. Just passing by though...
Send a message via Yahoo to Forte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira Veera View Post
Not a 'bit hard', but IMPOSSIBLE!! I can do Mio's, Mugi's, Yui's and Azusa's but I can't, no matter how hard, can't imitate her voice! Though I love imitating her 'Yossha~' and 'Ikuzou~' quotes.... XD
I could imitate her, only around 65 percent thought... But it caused a sore throat the last time I tried... Aww... ToT really difficult...
__________________
Forte is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.