AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-08, 03:53   Link #341
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
They seems to like short Japanese girls mostly (judging by the trend for short girls as leads in anime), but "tall" blonds is exotic in Japan so that might be a liked type as well.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2010-08-08, 07:13   Link #342
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
When will they have College Entrance Exams? Is it somewhere after the School Festival? What month usually?

(Can you pls. answer this if you answered the question above?)

Is this usually thesame for high schools usually?
ronelm2000 is offline  
Old 2010-08-08, 08:46   Link #343
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
They seems to like short Japanese girls mostly (judging by the trend for short girls as leads in anime), but "tall" blonds is exotic in Japan so that might be a liked type as well.
Tall and pretty girls are usually classified as "bishoujo" or "bijin", in which Mio and Mugi fit nicely into - though Mugi would be much less since she's not as tall as Mio.

Small-sized girls like Azunyan are rare...most Asian girls would be somewhere around Ritsu or Yui's build (for the latter, minus the speedy metabolism). However staying around with Azunyan-type girls may make you look more like a paedophile (lolicon in politically correct speech) even if they are late in their teenage years.

Azunyan is a different case : you have to be an ailurophile too.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2010-08-08, 10:32   Link #344
Sparvid
*hic*
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: A Swede in Tokyo
The official heights (although one would guess that they've grown a bit during the high school years)

Mio: 160 cm
Mugi: 157 cm
Yui: 156 cm
Ritsu: 154 cm
Azusa: 150 cm
__________________
Sparvid is offline  
Old 2010-08-08, 11:46   Link #345
ryohei
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyoto, Japan
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
When will they have College Entrance Exams? Is it somewhere after the School Festival? What month usually?

(Can you pls. answer this if you answered the question above?)

Is this usually thesame for high schools usually?
College Entrance Exam Season is from end of January to middle of March. High School Entrance Exam Season is February and March. And New School year starts at April.
School Festival is usually held at October, so 4 or 5 months after, Yui and 3 senior members will graduate.
ryohei is offline  
Old 2010-08-08, 11:55   Link #346
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Tall and pretty girls are usually classified as "bishoujo" or "bijin", in which Mio and Mugi fit nicely into - though Mugi would be much less since she's not as tall as Mio.

Small-sized girls like Azunyan are rare...most Asian girls would be somewhere around Ritsu or Yui's build (for the latter, minus the speedy metabolism). However staying around with Azunyan-type girls may make you look more like a paedophile (lolicon in politically correct speech) even if they are late in their teenage years.

Azunyan is a different case : you have to be an ailurophile too.
If they're Azunyan build... you're pretty much screwed in the eyes of the witchburning public for decades until they start sprouting a few silver hairs on their head.
Vexx is offline  
Old 2010-08-08, 13:36   Link #347
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
The official heights (although one would guess that they've grown a bit during the high school years)

Mio: 160 cm
Mugi: 157 cm
Yui: 156 cm
Ritsu: 154 cm
Azusa: 150 cm
For reference, the average height of a 19 year old Japanese woman was 158cm in 2006. Also, Americans may be interested in knowing that 2.54 cm = 1 inch.
__________________

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline  
Old 2010-08-08, 14:05   Link #348
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois, United States
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
For reference, the average height of a 19 year old Japanese woman was 158cm in 2006. Also, Americans may be interested in knowing that 2.54 cm = 1 inch.
Thanks I took the liberty of Translating it, Im not used to CM lol

Im going to round
Mio: 5'2 ----> 5'3 119 lbs
Mugi: 5'1 ----> 5'2 116 lbs
Yui: 5'1 ---------> 5'2 110 lbs
Ritsu: 5'0 --------->5'0 105 lbs
Azusa: 4'11---------> 4'11 101 lbs

For reference, the average height of a 19 year old Japanese woman was 5'2 in 2006.

these girls are small to me lol

Im

5'8 (177cm)

137 (62.3 Kg)
__________________
====
Signature:
Yui Hirasawa
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"



Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2010-08-08 at 14:20.
Afternoon Tea is offline  
Old 2010-08-08, 14:18   Link #349
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Italy
Well considering the average height here, they're not that short :P of course I'm talking about females.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic108725_72.gif
Tsumugi~ is offline  
Old 2010-08-08, 15:08   Link #350
sergho
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

American white women average about 5'5"
sergho is offline  
Old 2010-08-08, 16:00   Link #351
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
My wife (Japanese-American) is 4'11" and about 98lbs. So I've got a pretty clear picture of Azusa height/weight right next to me. However (not sure how to say this delicately), I figure Azusa will increase in the bra size department in her late teens as well as my comparison data did.
Vexx is offline  
Old 2010-08-08, 17:27   Link #352
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
oh noes...i have outgrown all of the k-on girls =/
ronelm2000 is offline  
Old 2010-08-08, 18:44   Link #353
VEE
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Send a message via MSN to VEE Send a message via Skype™ to VEE
Could say so, average height of asian is around 5'0. In fact I had Ritsu's height
but I should thank god becos that's AVERAGE. Ppl tend to complained about their height once they are below 5'0
VEE is offline  
Old 2010-08-08, 19:55   Link #354
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
If they're Azunyan build... you're pretty much screwed in the eyes of the witchburning public for decades until they start sprouting a few silver hairs on their head.
I won't be surprised if people mistook your wife for your daughter in your earlier years with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Thanks I took the liberty of Translating it, Im not used to CM lol

Im going to round
Mio: 5'2 ----> 5'3 119 lbs
Mugi: 5'1 ----> 5'2 116 lbs
Yui: 5'1 ---------> 5'2 110 lbs
Ritsu: 5'0 --------->5'0 105 lbs
Azusa: 4'11---------> 4'11 101 lbs

For reference, the average height of a 19 year old Japanese woman was 5'2 in 2006.

these girls are small to me lol

Im

5'8 (177cm)

137 (62.3 Kg)
I am 180cm and most girls around my age are like 20-30 cm shorter than me. I had a female friend who's 164cm, but I wouldn't classify her as a bishoujo or bijin : she's flat and bad-tempered, and too cute too be pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
My wife (Japanese-American) is 4'11" and about 98lbs. So I've got a pretty clear picture of Azusa height/weight right next to me. However (not sure how to say this delicately), I figure Azusa will increase in the bra size department in her late teens as well as my comparison data did.
Like this?

Spoiler for WARNING:


This isn't right! Anyway how can it be possible? She's already 16-17 and her chest size shows no development!

Besides, I doubt Azunyan would grow much anyway. How many of you are willing to see Azunyan with well-endowed assets anyway?
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline  
Old 2010-08-08, 20:45   Link #355
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEE View Post
Could say so, average height of asian is around 5'0. In fact I had Ritsu's height
but I should thank god becos that's AVERAGE. Ppl tend to complained about their height once they are below 5'0
Really? 5'0? I'm asian and I'm 5'2 and I don't know many asians who are shorter than I... Maybe it's just the area I live in :P
bloppyblue is offline  
Old 2010-08-08, 21:17   Link #356
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I won't be surprised if people mistook your wife for your daughter in your earlier years with her.
Well... I'm white so it wasn't "daughter" so much as "cradle robbing" glares. What am I saying, I *still* get glares til they get a closer look.


Quote:
This isn't right! Anyway how can it be possible? She's already 16-17 and her chest size shows no development!

Besides, I doubt Azunyan would grow much anyway. How many of you are willing to see Azunyan with well-endowed assets anyway?
Well.... it doesn't have to be abundant. 32/34 B/C (American system) on that size person looks pretty decent while still being petite. My wife remembers quite clearly their sudden appearance when she was 17. She worked in her dad's restaurant and all of a sudden was bumping into shelves, walls,etc.

Why do our conversations always head in these directions o.O
Vexx is offline  
Old 2010-08-09, 01:05   Link #357
thirdlc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
This isn't specifically a K-On!! question, but KyoAni has long been a "one production at a time" small company. Companies that expand too rapidly to meet demand often erode the quality of their product and KyoAni seems to choose NOT to take that risk.
KyoAni is expanding rapidly and quite a big company. The reason of "one production at a time" is just because they don't use freelancers or outsource episodes like other companies do. If they do, they can make three shows at a time easily. How many companies can produce three shows at a time? If you focus only on the number of animators, KyoAni might be the biggest anime studio at this time (or ever?).
__________________
Are you going to say "budget"? Wait! Is your point really related to budget? Isn't it time or style?
Simply put, production time is consistency, and budget is framerate.
Even poor animation is costlier than a high-quality still shot.
thirdlc is offline  
Old 2010-08-09, 02:49   Link #358
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
KyoAni is expanding rapidly and quite a big company. The reason of "one production at a time" is just because they don't use freelancers or outsource episodes like other companies do. If they do, they can make three shows at a time easily. How many companies can produce three shows at a time? If you focus only on the number of animators, KyoAni might be the biggest anime studio at this time (or ever?).
True...if only Kyoto Animation could at least 2 two episodes at a time =/

At least it'll be freeing some load from the other anime fans

(I love the Haruhi and Lucky Star series, so...)
ronelm2000 is offline  
Old 2010-08-09, 03:18   Link #359
krko
The Movie is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Unibesidad ng Komunistang Pilipino
There was actually one time KyoAni did more than a single show in a season. They did the reshowing of Haruhi and the first season of K-On at the same time. I still remember the rage in this very forum due to people thinking that K-On was taking their beloved Haruhi's place. And then, Endless Eight happened .
krko is offline  
Old 2010-08-09, 04:33   Link #360
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
That's not taking 2 shows at a time...they just repeated 7 episodes and edited some minor things and edited some scripts.

Endless Eight is KyoAni's most terrible disaster ever!

K-ON! was KyoAni's comeback for that.
ronelm2000 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.