AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-07-07, 11:01   Link #761
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
The OP is very nicely animated this time around with lots of little details. It's not quite the work of music video art that the ED is, but I feel it is much better animated. I also find the song to be quite interesting, and I admit I've listened to it much more than I have the ED..
I agree that the OP is much better animated, although the ED might have a better scene composition. The ED is filled with stills, loops, "let's have Mio kiss the mic and wear oversized gloves so we don't have to animate her mouth", and "let's shift the camera up when Azusa is playing and have Mugi play the piano so we don't have to animate their hands".
krko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 18:02   Link #762
Sparvid
*hic*

Covers:

Old 2010-07-07, 21:16   Link #763
Kaze Shachou
So Pringles

Oh Scoops! The new OP and ED are so good!

Mio looks cool as hell with that hoody and her doing a HOVA symbol in the ED made my day (probably not intended though).
Kaze Shachou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 00:31   Link #764
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist

Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
Lol this may not be the case, Yui waring Red White and Blue arm bands, Yui supports the USA!
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"

Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 01:36   Link #765
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Lol this may not be the case, Yui waring Red White and Blue arm bands, Yui supports the USA!
Or the Dutch, if she holds her arms down.
Old 2010-07-08, 05:55   Link #766
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

It may look like a shortcut compared to the price that they had to pay to make the opening, but you can be a lot more creative when you have a lower budget if you do it right. In this case, it worked.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 09:18   Link #767
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.

Maybe it's just me, but there's a bit in the new ED where it sounds like 'a-zu-sa' is being said just when a shot of Azunyan appears on screen...
Old 2010-07-08, 09:46   Link #768
Peanutbutter

From our Nico mixer again.

OP2:

ED2:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 10:01   Link #769
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Actually I just realised from all the OPs and EDs that Yui and Mio does are always contrasting.

Yui's lively and incredibly silly lyrics seem to be the staple of all the OPs. And she sings practically like a Chipette in all of them. The opening seems to be always laced with life and wild thoughts.

Mio's ED, OTOH are more sordid and emotional. Especially the new ED3. The colours used in the ED animation are often more plain, and have a heavy usage of black and white, much like her pragmatic view of life. However, the lyrics are always like she doesn't want to live that kind of blackwhite life where everything is seemingly predefined. To me, all the EDs gave me the view that she feels trapped by "the typical reality of first-world Asian societies".

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 11:17   Link #770
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru Send a message via Skype™ to Ekureiru
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually I just realised from all the OPs and EDs that Yui and Mio does are always contrasting.

Yui's lively and incredibly silly lyrics seem to be the staple of all the OPs. And she sings practically like a Chipette in all of them. The opening seems to be always laced with life and wild thoughts.

Mio's ED, OTOH are more sordid and emotional. Especially the new ED3. The colours used in the ED animation are often more plain, and have a heavy usage of black and white, much like her pragmatic view of life. However, the lyrics are always like she doesn't want to live that kind of blackwhite life where everything is seemingly predefined. To me, all the EDs gave me the view that she feels trapped by "the typical reality of first-world Asian societies".
Nice. I just realized that recently too, good perception!

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 12:17   Link #771
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:

So while Mio's whining, Yui's rocking?
I kid, I kid, but Yui's brighter view of life is one of the things that make her so likable.
krko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 19:30   Link #772
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
After hearing in episode wasn't sure I how much liked them to compared to previous OP/ED, but after listening to them some more, I think "No Thank You" is best ED yet[and better than the new OP too ], and while I think Utauyo Miracle is just bit better than Cagayake! girls, which are both better than GGM making it also best OP, so they did excellent job this time. Hopefully the full versions of both songs delivers.
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 22:48   Link #773
rockmanxpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Or France, England, Russia, Malaysia :P
rockmanxpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 07:18   Link #774
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
So while Mio's whining, Yui's rocking?
I kid, I kid, but Yui's brighter view of life is one of the things that make her so likable.
I would say that Yui is completely clueless about the falls of living in the high standards of the Japanese society. Special thanks to Ui.

Mio would probably be the perfectionist type who never got enough of herself and life, and keionbu simply taught her how to be happy even with the littlest of life. After all, being happy can yield more positive results than hard work. It is the attitude problem.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-07-10, 11:17   Link #775
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I would say that Yui is completely clueless about the falls of living in the high standards of the Japanese society. Special thanks to Ui.

Mio would probably be the perfectionist type who never got enough of herself and life, and keionbu simply taught her how to be happy even with the littlest of life. After all, being happy can yield more positive results than hard work. It is the attitude problem.
Its always useful to read perspectives from people on the "left side" of the Pacific Rim who live in Asian society. Too frequently, worldwide fans think in error that the "views and thinking in their neighborhood" apply to the entire world.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 11:40   Link #776
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Its always useful to read perspectives from people on the "left side" of the Pacific Rim who live in Asian society. Too frequently, worldwide fans think in error that the "views and thinking in their neighborhood" apply to the entire world.
It is a East vs West problem. Perceptions differ because lateral thinking is multidimensional, that is why it is the odd way to thinking : critical and literal work only in limited and objective directions.

Asians in general, not sure if this sentiment is shared by my fellow Asians, tend to be more single-tracked in their thinking, i.e working hard in school and life is "the way" to success in life, and everything is one chance. I find people outside of the Asian society having the mentality of "when this doesn't work, something else will". Both sides have their pros and cons, and I am not going to side with either being the "best way to succeed in life".

It could be due to my limited viewpoint of the world. But back to the topic, Yui's attitude to the world makes her cute, her obliviousness to how her society actually functions in the big picture makes some people looking at her want to protect her from the ugly sides of it.

Old 2010-07-10, 20:03   Link #777
Dark Wing

Quote:
Actually I just realized from all the OPs and EDs that Yui and Mio does are always contrasting.
That pretty neat observation there...

Yui = Happy-Go-Lucky Life Lover

Mio = Silent Outside Yet Load Inside
Old 2010-07-12, 03:58   Link #778
Jintor

I really dislike the singing in the new OP, although the animation and the actual rocking is pretty boss, imho.

/edit wait, Ep 14 got a new new OP? Crap, better wait for that one...
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 13:32   Link #779
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
I really dislike the singing in the new OP, although the animation and the actual rocking is pretty boss, imho.

/edit wait, Ep 14 got a new new OP? Crap, better wait for that one...
The silly thing is Yui (and her VA) *can* sing a bit lower and do something less frenetic -- we've seen that in the series. Those can be lovely (like her traditional song forays). So obviously there's an audience out there that loves the "chipmunk/bat/dolphin at high speed" motif of the OPs. The first season OP I was tolerable with but the two second season ones I can only listen to academically -- don't enjoy them at all. Now the pitch range isn't that far from some Viet/Thai/Cambodian traditional music (which I like very much) so I think its the "frenetic/hyper" that I find unpleasant.

The music sales say the viewers love it, so it goes

Yeah, both sets of animation/visuals for the OP are quite fun though. And its fine since both the Yui and Mio fans get their respective fixes.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 16:23   Link #780
Solafighter
Hige

The new ending song of episode 14 is awsome. From my point of view, best OP/ED song, till now, in K-On.
This song realy rocks!!