AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-18, 08:50   Link #921
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Sorry to bring the bad news, but here it goes. (I'm trying my best to hold back some tears)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAnimeList.net
According to the official blog, singer & song writer bice (Kijima Yuko) passed away due to myocardial infarction on July 26th. She was 38 years old. She wrote songs of Kirarin Revolution (ep 1 - 102) and "Gohan wa Okazu", which has just been played in K-ON!! Episode 20.

Sources: bice's blog, Sports Hochi
Thank you for the music, Ko-Kijima-shi. You will not be forgotten.
Requiescat in pace.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Summer 2014: Hanayamata, Rail Wars!, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Sabagebu!, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Hanamonogatari.
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).
Excited for Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign?


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 09:08   Link #922
OZ7UP
Reckless Rock'N'Roll
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 25
Bummer, that was pretty shocking to read.

R.I.P., and thank you for the music.
__________________

I'm not really into claiming characters, but these are my exceptions: Alexandra Garcia (Kuroko no Basket), MAGES. (Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory), Nyotalia!France (Hetalia), Nyotalia!Austria (Hetalia), Mayumi Kisaki (The Devil is a Part-Timer!), Kirishima (Arpeggio of Blue Steel), Federica N. Doglio (Strike Witches), and Uomi (Seitokai Yakuindomo).
OZ7UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 09:12   Link #923
krko
The Movie is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Unibesidad ng Komunistang Pilipino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Sorry to bring the bad news, but here it goes. (I'm trying my best to hold back some tears)



Thank you for the music, Ko-Kijima-shi. You will not be forgotten.
Requiescat in pace.
38 is way too young. Such a pity.
krko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 13:04   Link #924
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Sorry to bring the bad news, but here it goes. (I'm trying my best to hold back some tears)

Thank you for the music, Ko-Kijima-shi. You will not be forgotten.
Requiescat in pace.
That definitely is depressing... RIP.

On an unrelated note, does anybody have any sing-along lyrics for U&I for my friend?
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 14:42   Link #925
Mesousa2877
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cayey, Puerto Rico
Age: 22
Send a message via Yahoo to Mesousa2877 Send a message via Skype™ to Mesousa2877
Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
HTT opens higher Linkin Park... Its feels so right and so wrong at the same time.
Makes me wonder WHY it hasn't garned MTV's attention yet.
Mesousa2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 15:25   Link #926
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesousa2877 View Post
Makes me wonder WHY it hasn't garned MTV's attention yet.
Since when did MTV ever care about J-Pop, and anime at that?

Besides, MTV is more about crappy pop music than good music as a whole. Heck, MTV is hardly about music anymore.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 15:53   Link #927
Micromonster
Tiny Menace
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where the pencils are
I can't find any problem with the new songs. You just have to get used to them and then they'll grow on you.
I had to clean the bathroom, and put on repeat the 2 singles to help make the task more bearable. It worked, I fell in love with the songs as I got to know them, and cleaning has never been more enjoyable- well, sort of.

Though I do agree that the repetitiveness may be tiring...they should've spiced No, Thank You! up just like this guy did http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeJ3Xx1_7P4
Micromonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 16:12   Link #928
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Sorry to bring the bad news, but here it goes. (I'm trying my best to hold back some tears)



Thank you for the music, Ko-Kijima-shi. You will not be forgotten.
Requiescat in pace.
Pretty sad to hear; kind of poignant, since I only saw the ep in question today. (I wonder how differently I would have felt about that ep had I watched it before I read the news...)
__________________
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 21:04   Link #929
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Just got my copy of the CD "No, Thank You" .... did anyone have trouble ripping it for storage (MP3, WMA, whatever)?

WMP and MediaMonkey both *see* it to play, but MediaMonkey refuses to believe its an audio CD when ripping is invoked and WMP keeps claiming the first track is titled Listen! when it is clearly "No, Thank You" and then tries to rip the first track to the Listen! album (and ignores the other 3 tracks).

Is this an intentionally crippled CD? (i.e. am I going to have to stream the audio output to a WAV file before I rip it to MP3?) If so, its the very first japanese CD I've encountered with "lame crippling" on it.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 21:06   Link #930
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Just got my copy of the CD "No, Thank You" .... did anyone have trouble ripping it for storage (MP3, WMA, whatever)?

WMP and MediaMonkey both *see* it to play, but MediaMonkey refuses to believe its an audio CD when ripping is invoked and WMP keeps claiming the first track is titled Listen! when it is clearly "No, Thank You" and then tries to rip the first track to the Listen! album (and ignores the other 3 tracks).

Is this an intentionally crippled CD? (i.e. am I going to have to stream the audio output to a WAV file before I rip it to MP3?) If so, its the very first japanese CD I've encountered with "lame crippling" on it.
Try using WINAMP player?
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 21:21   Link #931
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Hmmm, haven't tried winamp in ages, will give it a shot.

edit: Heh... winamp wants me to buy their "Pro" package if I want to rip to MP3.... most of the other formats don't require it (MP4...).

edit: winamp sucked up the disk and spewed files just fine.... guess I'll be transferring my library and disconnecting WMP. So it goes... fortunately, my player handles MP4 and other formats than MP3.

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-08-18 at 21:41.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 23:26   Link #932
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Hmmm, haven't tried winamp in ages, will give it a shot.

edit: Heh... winamp wants me to buy their "Pro" package if I want to rip to MP3.... most of the other formats don't require it (MP4...).

edit: winamp sucked up the disk and spewed files just fine.... guess I'll be transferring my library and disconnecting WMP. So it goes... fortunately, my player handles MP4 and other formats than MP3.
glad everything worked out ... it worked out, right? :P
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 23:39   Link #933
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Yeah, winamp read the disk just fine and created both WMA, MP4, and a couple of others I tested. To create MP3s I have to "upgrade to Pro" but I'll investigate that later and whether there is an alternative.

I was mostly using MediaMonkey because it was the first thing I came across that read FLAC. WMP was mostly just a lazy crutch that sync'd easily with my Sansadisk player(s). I'll be introducing the Sansadisk to Winamp and see how that goes.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 23:52   Link #934
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Yeah, winamp read the disk just fine and created both WMA, MP4, and a couple of others I tested. To create MP3s I have to "upgrade to Pro" but I'll investigate that later and whether there is an alternative.

I was mostly using MediaMonkey because it was the first thing I came across that read FLAC. WMP was mostly just a lazy crutch that sync'd easily with my Sansadisk player(s). I'll be introducing the Sansadisk to Winamp and see how that goes.
Well, here's a free online converter if you want. http://media-convert.com/
Or, I think you can just put the song in iTunes and it'll automatically convert it. I'm not sure though.
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 01:12   Link #935
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: in Ritsu's hands
Age: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Sorry to bring the bad news, but here it goes. (I'm trying my best to hold back some tears)



Thank you for the music, Ko-Kijima-shi. You will not be forgotten.
Requiescat in pace.
That's a big shock for me. Rest in peace Kajima Yuko and thank you for the music.
__________________
Ritsu026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 07:52   Link #936
Pachael
原作通り
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Sorry to bring the bad news, but here it goes. (I'm trying my best to hold back some tears)



Thank you for the music, Ko-Kijima-shi. You will not be forgotten.
Requiescat in pace.
After reading about Nujabes' passing earlier in the year, that's another FUCK ME moment. Enjoyed what Kirarin offered, so RIP.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 12:19   Link #937
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
HTT opens higher Linkin Park... Its feels so right and so wrong at the same time.
More of the former actually
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 12:20   Link #938
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Sorry to bring the bad news, but here it goes. (I'm trying my best to hold back some tears)



Thank you for the music, Ko-Kijima-shi. You will not be forgotten.
Requiescat in pace.
damn.......sleep well. Always sad when talent goes at such a young age
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 12:38   Link #939
evangeline88
Moe Master
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: HTT FC
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
damn.......sleep well. Always sad when talent goes at such a young age
Yes, she's so young ...
RIP

About the new songs, I just realized that the lyrics of U&I are very good ...
And, yes, I hope those new songs will only be sung by Yui ...
I agree that those songs are "Yui exclusive" ...
__________________
Life is moe itself ...

evangeline88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 13:45   Link #940
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by evangeline88 View Post
Yes, she's so young ...
RIP

About the new songs, I just realized that the lyrics of U&I are very good ...
And, yes, I hope those new songs will only be sung by Yui ...
I agree that those songs are "Yui exclusive" ...
I don't see why they shouldn't be. Yui's the lead singer of the band, after all.

Of course, since I already preordered the CD, I know Yui will sing them.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.