AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 35 24.14%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 31.72%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 28.97%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 7.59%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.69%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.69%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-10, 21:02   Link #21
Child_of_Sierra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Incidents like "Oh it was so shiny so I was afraid to play it" just boggle me. Do people honestly find moments like this entertaining? Do they enjoy seeing someone act this dimwitted? I can't understand how this comes off as being moe either.
Not sure how it comes off as moe but I loved the scene because I can relate to people who end up so in love with something they purchased. Yui's reaction is not unusual at all. People do end up giddy and silly when they first receive something they really like.
__________________
Child_of_Sierra is offline  
Old 2009-04-10, 21:10   Link #22
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Portugal, Lisbon
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
Not sure how it comes off as moe but I loved the scene because I can relate to people who end up so in love with something they purchased. Yui's reaction is not unusual at all. People do end up giddy and silly when they first receive something they really like.
yeah, a lot of people do that - it's not that she was afraid to play it - she was just too attached to it.
__________________
SOTM 2011 February -
- Couples <3


____________________

vandakiara's attic ~
pwease visit :3


____________________


Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline  
Old 2009-04-10, 21:18   Link #23
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
Whether or not it is moe was not my point. Yes it is subjective, but what I was trying to drive at is how I cannot seem to understand how this is entertaining. I ask myself why the audience would want to see a character act so immature and stupidly.

Alas, this is my opinion and obviously many here find it entertaining. It is my own disillusionment.
Reckoner is offline  
Old 2009-04-10, 21:21   Link #24
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Alas, this is my opinion and obviously many here find it entertaining. It is my own disillusionment.
The only cure for this is to watch something manly. I suggest Sengoku Basara.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline  
Old 2009-04-10, 21:30   Link #25
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
The only cure for this is to watch something manly. I suggest Sengoku Basara.
lol now while Sengoku Basara is manly and gar its also in a sense immature and stupid too

may want to be careful of that one

my outlook on why people like immature and stupid is cause it reminds us of our immature and stupid youths and I like to think everyone is a kid at heart

I generally get the idea when people want to watch something like this its one way of getting away from it all, therefore one just enjoys what sillyness there is.

well whether one wants to believe it or not, our human nature will always be to laugh at the stupid
__________________
Bonta Kun is online now  
Old 2009-04-10, 21:42   Link #26
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Whether or not it is moe was not my point. Yes it is subjective, but what I was trying to drive at is how I cannot seem to understand how this is entertaining. I ask myself why the audience would want to see a character act so immature and stupidly.

Alas, this is my opinion and obviously many here find it entertaining. It is my own disillusionment.
It's also interpretation. You see it as immature and stupid, and I see it as innocent and airheaded. But yes, more cynical people won't find Yui as cute as others.
OceanBlue is offline  
Old 2009-04-10, 21:51   Link #27
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
Episode 2 article is here:

[RIUVA] Trial Run: K-ON!, Episode 2

Very nice to see the girls getting along famously, but yeah, somehow I feel it didn't have the momentum of episode 1. 7/10.
Ascaloth is offline  
Old 2009-04-10, 23:03   Link #28
Amber.Dawn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: A small unobtrusive hut.
Originally Posted by Reckoner
Incidents like "Oh it was so shiny so I was afraid to play it" just boggle me. Do people honestly find moments like this entertaining? Do they enjoy seeing someone act this dimwitted? I can't understand how this comes off as being moe either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
Not sure how it comes off as moe but I loved the scene because I can relate to people who end up so in love with something they purchased. Yui's reaction is not unusual at all. People do end up giddy and silly when they first receive something they really like.
I am indifferent to it being entertaining or not. All I know is...I'm like that -_-. When I get something new, I'm afraid to touch it at first. So yeah, I find it less as entertainment than as something real.
Amber.Dawn is offline  
Old 2009-04-10, 23:05   Link #29
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
K-On episode 2 was entertaining. However, I do not understand all the over hype that is currently going on with this series. As it stands, the series is entertaining so far, but not mind blowingly entertaining. I will continue to watch to see what the hype is all about, but that in effect could lower the entainment value due to higher expectations.

I do agree Molenir about Minami-ke. Those series are thoroughly entertaining time and time again. I guess being a Kyoto Animation series always increases its chances of getting a sub-forum (then again, I usually love KyoAni series).

The shopping scene was cute, but when somewhere I read that the ojou-sama girl was going to bargain, I expected that she show some amazing skills. However, it ended up that she was the daughter of the owner of the store, so that was kind of a letdown.

I hope to see more amazing things from these characters later on. Right now, they are just entertaining, but nothing outstanding.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline  
Old 2009-04-10, 23:17   Link #30
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I haven't notice this before, but Ui...mmm mini ponytail goodness
Sai Feng is offline  
Old 2009-04-10, 23:54   Link #31
typhonsentra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Strange that they made such a long filler segment of them working to get the guitar, especially when you consider there's no way they'd be able to save up that much money necessary to get that guitar anytime soon. It was funny though.
typhonsentra is offline  
Old 2009-04-11, 00:02   Link #32
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Strange that they made such a long filler segment of them working to get the guitar, especially when you consider there's no way they'd be able to save up that much money necessary to get that guitar anytime soon. It was funny though.
I don't think you can consider that "filler" here...
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline  
Old 2009-04-11, 00:11   Link #33
noob3d
馬鹿やろ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Stalker?!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Whether or not it is moe was not my point. Yes it is subjective, but what I was trying to drive at is how I cannot seem to understand how this is entertaining. I ask myself why the audience would want to see a character act so immature and stupidly.

Alas, this is my opinion and obviously many here find it entertaining. It is my own disillusionment.
I actually broke my hiatus from posting here for this

Labeling someone immature and stupid is unreasonable when Yui is basically a 15 year old girl.If you know 15 year old girls...teenagers...not adult.Its like calling a 10 year old stupid because his mental capacity is of a 10 year old kid.I hated that when I was a kid,people judging me from their lofty perspectives,just because they were older.

As to why people watch this.Its a slice of life.About high school.You don't miss it until you've left it.I can relate to what these girls are doing because I've been there,seen that,etc.Its just a way for me and hopefully others to relive those carefree days.If only for 20 minutes.
__________________
noob3d is offline  
Old 2009-04-11, 00:42   Link #34
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
K-On episode 2 was entertaining. However, I do not understand all the over hype that is currently going on with this series.
Oh come on now. KyoAni translates to hype, don't you know?
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2009-04-11, 01:12   Link #35
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob3d View Post
I actually broke my hiatus from posting here for this

Labeling someone immature and stupid is unreasonable when Yui is basically a 15 year old girl.If you know 15 year old girls...teenagers...not adult.Its like calling a 10 year old stupid because his mental capacity is of a 10 year old kid.I hated that when I was a kid,people judging me from their lofty perspectives,just because they were older.

As to why people watch this.Its a slice of life.About high school.You don't miss it until you've left it.I can relate to what these girls are doing because I've been there,seen that,etc.Its just a way for me and hopefully others to relive those carefree days.If only for 20 minutes.
Don't worry, I seem to get quite a few people worked up.

Anyhow, I thought most people were watching this mostly because it's A) KyoAni or B) A music anime. Slice of life is probably one of the lesser factors involved with the interest generated in this show.

I don't really got much to say to the rest of your post. To me, Yui is an immature character for a 15 year old, and my god, I'm 17 it's not like I'm acting like a high and mighty adult.
Reckoner is offline  
Old 2009-04-11, 02:09   Link #36
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
I'd point out from experiance that Californian teens are not exactly normal high school students. They've generally struck me as being over-mature for their age in attitude but not in actions. This seems to be because they don't want to look like middle school students, but don't see adults as being cool...so they come off kind of weird. Yes I was one and I saw many like this.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2009-04-11 at 03:49.
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2009-04-11, 03:15   Link #37
gundam rider
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: random colony
ep 2, already launched......

is it just me & my imagination, or that in some parts of the scenes reminded me of the Haruhi-chan web-series animation style for some reason?........
gundam rider is offline  
Old 2009-04-11, 03:15   Link #38
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
We all know that fiction =/= reality. Yui has "retard-moe," and that's why I love her. We all know that pink hair and huge eyes would probably not look good in reality, right? We shouldn't make direct comparison between anime and real life nor be worked up when someone does.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2009-04-11, 03:31   Link #39
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Don't worry, I seem to get quite a few people worked up.

Anyhow, I thought most people were watching this mostly because it's A) KyoAni or B) A music anime. Slice of life is probably one of the lesser factors involved with the interest generated in this show.
Not really, it is more slice-of-life with music, and the music club, as a second driving force (the main one being the characters) to carry the "plot". Like how Aria is slice-of-life with "Akari, Alice and Aika learns the ways of the Undine and how Neo Venezia is an awesome place" to carry the "plot" in some way while still being primarily driven by the characters.

Last edited by Sheba; 2009-04-11 at 04:43. Reason: rephrasing it a bit
Sheba is offline  
Old 2009-04-11, 04:38   Link #40
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Just watched the Ep and i totally loves it. It meets up with the expectation i had from Ep 1.

I can understand what Yui went through. Even now everytime I buy something or receive some gifts; i still feel myself silly when the thought of preserving them as long as possible cross my mind. That's why my brain was silently screaming "Yui, don't sleep with it" and "wash your hand (after you eat cakes) before touching it".
Even when she slacked off with practices, she still did quite well when she try to play that song. It took me like 2 lessons to be able to hold the guitar and play notes probably after all (I'm suck....)

In this episode, both Tsumugi and Mio broke their respective stereotypes walls. I thought the girls act OOC during the ED but now it starts to make sense.

Mio was so cute that my plan to make some Mio's avatars for this Ep failed because now there are too many moments i want to make. Using Mio, KyoAni was success in luring me into their fandom as my resistance is none now
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.