AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-03-21, 22:22   Link #2941
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

oopps ... yup lvl 3 in been a while since i read railgun manga and Index LN forgot some of the details ....

Btw Touma has this surprising latent skill in restraining middle age school girls example image in PSP game where exhibits this ability
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 22:26   Link #2942
tsunade666

a powered suit in tsuchimikado's locker room and a mobile suit below touma's dorm.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 23:28   Link #2943
tsunade666

which is preferred to have. 1 MC or 3 heroes. I like the concept of 3 heroes but it has weakness with the development of the story. It takes lot of time to develop the characters.

And re-watching katanagatari reminds me that having 1 Mc is possible for me to write romance -_- or at least develop that part of the story. Than having 3 heroes is a recipe for disaster in romcom department though it would be awesome in battle department because I already planned that part already and their position in battle but not the slice of life or SoL part of the story.

Old 2013-03-21, 23:31   Link #2944
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

You can have one main pairing and a few side pairings- that's how everybody does it.

If you only focus on one pairing it's easy to overwhelm people regardless of whether it's well written or not (Kirito/Asuna) that's why beta pairings are just as popular if not even more so than the alpha ones (Sasayan/Natsume)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 23:55   Link #2945
tsunade666

I don't care about SAO. I stopped reading it and toonari is a good romance story.

I just want the story to be balance out but remembering the story that I had read. having fewer focus had advantage with the people liking the characters and knowing them more than huge cast.

Old 2013-03-22, 02:19   Link #2946
Knowledgeseeker01
Wishes to Understand

Smile

After being on hiatus for sometime, I have posted a new chapter for "Of Science and Magics: The Side Stories." I hope you enjoy and leave a review.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7771256/...e-Side-Stories
Knowledgeseeker01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 05:00   Link #2947
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
but I'm not much of a fan of hp to even take it seriously -_- though I like the fanfiction of it which tells story of bashing ron and dumbledork.

Though it might sound good to see Touma destroying hogwarts in a record time of a day that even voldy take years of planning to do.
Obviously its not going to be anything serious- most hp crossovers are just the 'invaders' making fun of the hp world anyway by screwing with them Wizards are weak and ignorant while ninjas, exorcists, demon hunters etc are cool and totally in the know.
Old 2013-03-22, 06:45   Link #2948
demino_hellsin
That one guy

In terms of plot I suppose I need to start with how they meet.

The current idea is that the girl saves index when she inadvertently foresees the nun's death via an accident. This leads to Touma thanking her, Index trying to make friends with her and herself trying to politely run away.
demino_hellsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 07:29   Link #2949
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Obviously its not going to be anything serious- most hp crossovers are just the 'invaders' making fun of the hp world anyway by screwing with them Wizards are weak and ignorant while ninjas, exorcists, demon hunters etc are cool and totally in the know.
You forgot that swordsman and death gods look cool and wizards or mages are also cool. its just depends on how one use the term cool.

espers are not so cool. well not really because there are cool espers that they are well known but they are known because of railgun anime and not because of index anime because lets face it. they are fun to watch

magus are deadly while mages with their magician names are desperate they aren't to be played with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
In terms of plot I suppose I need to start with how they meet.

The current idea is that the girl saves index when she inadvertently foresees the nun's death via an accident. This leads to Touma thanking her, Index trying to make friends with her and herself trying to politely run away.
yap. start with the plot first. Now I'm jumbled on what to do because kihara's doing experiment that went wrong sounds good too but I always like serious plot so the end of the world plot sounds better. I don't know how to start the story than the actual story

I already even planned out 3 arcs per world or at least 3 arcs before possible another jump.

Old 2013-03-22, 08:04   Link #2950
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm not quite sure on how the dynamic is supposed to work between the girl and other characters. Right from the get go the OC is pretty much attatched to Touma. Her reasons are more for her sanity than any actual romantic wants. When she looks at anyone else, thoughts, memories, possible futures suddenly pop up. What terrifies her most is when she starts seeing the deepest darkest secrets of people. Like Tsuchimikado's darkside. Touma is the only person she can look at without getting spasmic visions. So she always has her eyes on him.

Not sure if I should use that as a way for people to mistake her for liking Touma or use it as a way for her to start liking Touma.
Old 2013-03-22, 10:48   Link #2951
tsunade666

So Touma is more like a life support for this girl? since her ability won't be able to bypass imagine breaker and if it did somehow bypass it and manage to see the real thing inside Touma then she will probably just die with brain dead. Something are meant to be not known.

Old 2013-03-22, 10:57   Link #2952
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well yeah, Touma basically is life support

But if she does see IB's real form and it's that bad, then she'd just go crazy. So she jumps through the rabbit hole right then and there. Alice comes out to play. IB can't be that bad when you see everything of a person and the world is utterly loony in your eyes. I mean if EoA could look at the heavens and see what god looks like then IB should be no problem. What the girl personally thinks of how IB would look though... that'd be a whole 'nother problem.
Old 2013-03-22, 11:11   Link #2953
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Quote:
You forgot that swordsman and death gods look cool and wizards or mages are also cool. its just depends on how one use the term cool.

espers are not so cool. well not really because there are cool espers that they are well known but they are known because of railgun anime and not because of index anime because lets face it. they are fun to watch

magus are deadly while mages with their magician names are desperate they aren't to be played with.
I was actually referring to some of the Anime-HP crossover fics I had seen, there was a really good Naruto one, a handful of good D.Gray-man ones, and I saw a badass Devil may Cry one once. All of them pretty much roll the same way- The 'invaders' know what's really going on while the HP cast are completely unaware that shits going down and were wide-eyed all the way

As for this- At the moment the only thing that comes to mind is just to see Kamijou break EVERYTHING and punch out Slytherins

And just because I played Metal Gear Rising, we should work a Made-in-Kihara cyborg swordsmen in there some where.

By the end of it, it's going to look like Macademi Wasshoi
Old 2013-03-22, 11:52   Link #2954
tsunade666

^then please give link on a good hp crossover. The only thing I read is a fate stay night and harry potter crossover entitled fate prophecy break and herwald von einzbern.

I need something to read while in break that's why I'm also planning on writing a fan fiction.

macademi wasshoi is a rite school term and I like it.

If the girl user her EoA (can I call her alice?) and see the thing inside Touma then she is good as dead. The timeline on when will it happen? if its before Aleister big screw up then she will be silence immediately but if its NT timeline then Aleister is restricted on his movements.

Old 2013-03-22, 12:09   Link #2955
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Ah, so it'd be someone wants to silence her. Well Alice can be the working name for now. That'd explain what AC would do with her. But seeing IB with EoA is impossible since IB cancels EoA. Though it would be interesting to say that when one wakes up the other stirs. Hmm maybe too much? Turning back to the issue of seeing IB, it'd be seeing through normal or scientific means. If EoA ever does see IB, then I'd have to make special circumstances for it.
Old 2013-03-22, 12:31   Link #2956
tsunade666

seeing IB isn't the problem because it can be transferred and its really isn't sentient or has its own will. The problem is the thing being sealed by IB. IB acts as a seal for the unknown thing inside Touma.

Touma as the container
Imagine Breaker as the seal
Unknown is the being which is sealed.

From brief introduction of it. Its like a wild and chaotic energy that can make a being higher than god wet his pants. Its unknown and its highly violent. That is the known facts for now.

As for Imagine breaker itself has different forms before it landed on Touma's right hand. From a weapon to mural and even a sacred place for training. Different form with different use but same effect.

Its cleanses the gods and purify the devils

its the all fears and hopes of the magicians

its acts as a center being, an original blue print that can return anything altered beyond recognition into its original form.

Imagine breaker is a mystery but its known by leader of the factions while the unknown being is only known by Aleister and probably Aiwass. Othinus wants to see it but she is far beyond it because she can crushed it but the same time the being is still unknown and thus proved on how strong the magic god is if she can crushed a being that can crushed a being higher than a god.

Old 2013-03-22, 17:30   Link #2957
Dyingbreath

I wonder, are there any fanfics that provide good interpretations of IB? Because it seems kind of detached from all other powers in the series.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 19:29   Link #2958
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The last part kind of went over my head but I think I can string together some guesses.

Then Alice would be silenced for seeing this thing inside Touma, if she could even see it. Or would the thing inside Touma somehow harm her when she sees it?
Old 2013-03-22, 19:33   Link #2959
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Quote:
^then please give link on a good hp crossover. The only thing I read is a fate stay night and harry potter crossover entitled fate prophecy break and herwald von einzbern.

I need something to read while in break that's why I'm also planning on writing a fan fiction.

macademi wasshoi is a rite school term and I like it.
*spit out water*

Do you know how insanely difficult it is to find those fics again ?! This was before FF.net implemented the crossover sections so people just post xovers all over the place
Old 2013-03-22, 19:44   Link #2960
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
The last part kind of went over my head but I think I can string together some guesses.

Then Alice would be silenced for seeing this thing inside Touma, if she could even see it. Or would the thing inside Touma somehow harm her when she sees it?
Nope, as long as the right hand is attach. IB will seal it but when its cut off then it will attack anything that is near to Touma. It attack Fiamma and Othinus just by being nearest to him.

As long as IB is attach. Its safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
*spit out water*

Do you know how insanely difficult it is to find those fics again ?! This was before FF.net implemented the crossover sections so people just post xovers all over the place
If its impossible then its fine though shouldn't it be in your favorite list? or is it one of the fics which had been taken down.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction