AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-04-18, 02:14   Link #3201
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Examiners of System Scan hates Toki Sora Espers. Because they are very difficult to deal with.

All of them has their own brand of insanity:
Ikki is a pervert.
Kumoji is a creepy bastard.
Quantum Copy HATES being alone.
Phantasm Mirage has hyper imagination that surpass the realm of reality and logic.

This is actually the result of Headmaster Jinma's secret Gemification project. There appear to be some amount of success.

Kosuke is the only sane and stable Esper in the insane school which is why he is always the most reliable go-to guy when the Teachers need help.

===

Since I am going for slight card motif.... might as well make it obvious.

Spoiler for The power of sheer stupidity that violate the laws of physic:

Probably use this character as joke character and as Kosuke's friend (somebody to chat with about the sad state of their school).

===
Question: What level would you grade somebody...

Memory Point:
> Forcing people to relive their old memory.
> Recover from injury simply by forcing the body to remember pre-injured status.
(Might be using this power but may be not depending on how game breaking it is)
=
Old 2013-04-18, 04:04   Link #3202
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

I hereby interrupt this thread to publish yet another Meisterbabylon fic.

Spoiler for A Certain Masked Detective, Chapter 1, Act 1:

Please R&R, I'll post the whole chapter into FF.net once I'm done. July 16 is the start of Level Upper btw, which makes this fic about... 3 years old now. Hurray developer hell.

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 04:06   Link #3203
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Development Hell is just another standard for us Canaan.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 06:30   Link #3204
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Development Hell is just another standard for us Canaan.
However, this is actually my most complete fic that I did not release because I could not explain how the hell Tarou's power worked in a page.

But now I decided to write and let everyone else work it out as I drop hints. I completed this chapter 2 years ago, and was tweaking and tweaking and tweaking until Hidan no Aria distracted me.

Anyway, its finally being released. Blizzard HO!

Old 2013-04-18, 08:06   Link #3205
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

I just started this not long ago.

I wanted to do Kamen Rider W inspired story (Infinite Archive sounds familiar?) but the problem is: The setting does not match up.

W's Setting work better in Hidan no Aria though.
Old 2013-04-18, 09:40   Link #3206
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

You'd be surprised how well it fits. Its not a true detective story though, as you can see, Tarou gets requests to mostly run errands and do stuff. Occasionally he gets a big case, but I'm saving my ammo for that. The aim however is to use it as a medium for Tarou to run into other characters and poke his nose in places where it won't belong otherwise. Like how Judgement has some policing duties but also other randomness they get involved in, and other parts of slice of life.

As usual, I have an Opening written out!

Spoiler for A Certain Masked Detective:

Again, you can see that a lot of his "cases" are in fact, random errands.

Old 2013-04-18, 09:46   Link #3207
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Saten would appreciate someone who'd take her little investigative jobs. Or at least treat them as rivals.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 09:59   Link #3208
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Saten would appreciate someone who'd take her little investigative jobs. Or at least treat them as rivals.
Saten would, just that she is also annoyed at Tarou for hitting on her too often.

But you can't blame him, with that body of her's now, eh? This is how he sees it:

Spoiler for Tainaka Monologue:

Can't lie.

Its the monologues that I really enjoy crafting for Tainaka. Like say, one particular Monday he has to find something in Tokiwadai swim club's change room, and then chase a trail of clues:

So its Monday morning and I've already been to a strip club, gotten thrown out, gone to a bar, gotten into a barfight, and I ain't even drunk yet.

This start-of-life crisis is ticking all the boxes!

Old 2013-04-18, 10:03   Link #3209
demino_hellsin
That one guy

but isn't Saten thir-*gagged and bound*
Old 2013-04-18, 10:12   Link #3210
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
but isn't Saten thir-*gagged and bound*
Repeat again last message. XD

Old 2013-04-18, 10:27   Link #3211
demino_hellsin
That one guy

She has curves when she's thi- I swear this needs to be said! *gets glared at while baseball bat is held at ready*. She's 13 right?
Old 2013-04-18, 10:52   Link #3212
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Tarou is 14 right, isn't he a little underage to drive?

Phantasm Mirage will ADMIRE Tarou since he is a tokutsu fan. Though I doubt Tarou will be appreciative of the admiration since the latter is a chuunibyou. (Why do you think Phantasm Mirage's ability has to do with illusion and delusion?)

=

Kosuke will be take up lots of investigative work... but the result isn't normal.

==

Quote:
She has curves when she's thi- I swear this needs to be said! *gets glared at while baseball bat is held at ready*. She's 13 right?
Saten is overdeveloped for her age!

*get bashed*
Old 2013-04-18, 11:03   Link #3213
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Can one lie to academy city about the full extent of their power? Or just to regular people? I was planning to do so with a character that has an ability called Tag Trace.
Old 2013-04-18, 11:11   Link #3214
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Quote:
Can one lie to academy city about the full extent of their power? Or just to regular people? I was planning to do so with a character that has an ability called Tag Trace.
Kind of difficult considering that the entire City is technically under surveillance (with only a few blind spot).

Edit: However, still possible to lie to ordinary people who has no access to the Bank.

Any characters of mine who display ability over their level tend to have the ability dodge those surveillance:

>Phantasm Mirage's nature of power make people doubt the authenticity of his true level.
>Insect Command tend to shut down the entire surveillance in the building (to prepare for surprise attack rather than actually hiding his power).

>A hidden character's power is ESP-based hence impossible to determine the true level through cameras.
Old 2013-04-18, 11:32   Link #3215
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well tag trace is an ability that was originally usable only to trace people, objects and locations. It functions by letting the user take a part of their essence plant it somewhere. This way she can trace the location of each part putting her at level 3. However she began to realize that the "tags" she put up had more uses. She could manifest herself in living things that she put parts of her essence in so long as their psyche was weaker. She could share their memories, skills and and even to some extent, personal realities. All she needs to do is touch you to plant her essence, hence "tag". Beyond tracing others, she doesn't report her other abilities to the authorities.
Old 2013-04-18, 11:47   Link #3216
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Quote:
Well tag trace is an ability that was originally usable only to trace people, objects and locations. It functions by letting the user take a part of their essence plant it somewhere. This way she can trace the location of each part putting her at level 3. However she began to realize that the "tags" she put up had more uses. She could manifest herself in living things that she put parts of her essence in so long as their psyche was weaker. She could share their memories, skills and and even to some extent, personal realities. All she needs to do is touch you to plant her essence, hence "tag". Beyond tracing others, she doesn't report her other abilities to the authorities.
Other than wondering about her personality , yea, sounds plausible.
Old 2013-04-18, 11:53   Link #3217
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Manipulative neutral. She knows she's a big fish in a small pond. She is aware of the academy's darkside and has no want of dabbling in it. That's why she willingly stays level 3. At the same time she is amassing power for her own amusement. If she requires it, she doesn't hesitate using others until their death. She can and will willingly render people she tagged comatose for the sake of using their full calculative ability for her own.

Her opinion is that if she'll just be the ruler of a small place then she'll make sure she is the absolute ruler of it.

She still likes to smile, make friends and live a normal school life though.
Old 2013-04-18, 21:20   Link #3218
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

No, you cannot lie. The Power Curriculum keeps a record of all espers and their powers in the city, and regularly updates them.

However, the records can be out of date. So you could level up and you'd be ahead of the system for that period until it rescans you and updates itself.

Quote:
Yes. She is.

Which blows Tarou's mind.

Especially when he, Uiharu and Saten are all in the same class. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Tarou is 14 right, isn't he a little underage to drive?

Phantasm Mirage will ADMIRE Tarou since he is a tokutsu fan. Though I doubt Tarou will be appreciative of the admiration since the latter is a chuunibyou. (Why do you think Phantasm Mirage's ability has to do with illusion and delusion?)
1) Read closer. I explained why microbikes are the preferred transport of the young and rich. Effectively, these are electric bikes with a top speed of 30km/h which really aren't that different from bicycles with a motor on them. Tarou's ability however allows him to add a gas compression engine like the ones seen on Break Blade, replacing quartz with obsidium coils, allowing him to easily break 100km/h if the need arises. And its not illegal, as this is tied to his esper power. His magnum operates on the same principle, using super-compressed atmosphere to shoot bullets.

2) Btw, Tarou is the original Chuuni, predating the series by 2 years.

Old 2013-04-18, 21:42   Link #3219
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmmm so she can't lie to authorities about her abilities but she can lie to the normal plebeians right? If there's one thing the character that uses the ability is good at it's deceit. In fact Tag Trace is a pretty vanilla ability without the corresponding aptitude for use so yeah.

Was only disappointed by lack of gaia memories.
Old 2013-04-18, 21:51   Link #3220
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
Was only disappointed by lack of gaia memories.
In the original design of Tainaka Tarou, he was Skull who takes over the name from Megan Silentriver, Toaru’s original Skull Rider of the 1990s. Once reunited with Banri and the other Child Errors, he finds himself and henshins into Double.

However, I decided to throw that all away to make an original Metal Hero using Toaru concepts, as that would really mean that Tarou being his own Kamen Tantei, STEEEEEEEEEEL. His ultimate form is STEEL DORAGON of which the Dragon Rider is based on.

Nevertheless, this series will pay homage to Skull’s legacy as you can already see. Megan Silentriver will appear later, too!

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction