AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-08, 11:06   Link #3441
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
so far factory made or academy made esper are only one brain one ability limit which is why multi-skill is impossible. If you want multi-skill then become an cyborg that connects to a network. Let the network do your computation and thinking while you use the ability.

Your making it hard to understand but the simple thing is so far the rules says that one brain one ability. Kamachi so far doesn't break his rules set but he found other way to overrule it but he still doesn't go against it.

Maybe that's why in the new volume to be release. The enemy are cyborgs or maybe androids in the future. Half machine-half Human. Human have limitations and that limitation is sets them to that limit. Even Accelerator who is hailed as number 1 brain in academy city doesn't escape that fate.

A only possible way to have multi-skill is a natural born gemstone but that itself is questionable because their ability can't be categorized.

if its factory made by academy city. Stick to the rules of one brain one ability.

Gem stones have leeway for that rule.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 12:04   Link #3442
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
The one thing I could never understand, is the spoon bending. Itbs always the reference to activate a supernatural esper ability. But does that mean everyone starts out beinding a spoon?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 12:26   Link #3443
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Delusion world
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
The one thing I could never understand, is the spoon bending. Itbs always the reference to activate a supernatural esper ability. But does that mean everyone starts out beinding a spoon?
There are two type of Esper ability:

Extrasensory perception and Psychokinesis

Spoon bending is probably used to test Psychokinesis aspect of Esper while Zener Card test are for those Esper with ESP.

Edit:
Everybody start out with multiple tests and probably narrow/cut down the number of tests once their "talent" is discovered.
__________________
Ara Han
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 12:30   Link #3444
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
bending spoon is one of the way to exercise your will against the world. Remember, Espers are reality benders. They use try to enforce their personal reality onto the world via their AIM field.

I'm speculating that the spoon bending is one of the basic exercise where you try to coat it with AIM and manipulate it but remember that not everyone has the same AIM.

Accelerator's AIM field is only few millimeters away from his skin. It won't reach the spoon. So his not actually coating it as a whole but sending the vectors from the tip of where he can touch it with his AIM field and then bend it.

There are multiple and imaginative ways one can use their abilities even with the lack of range.

The teleporters also coat object they want to teleport.

The longest range so far in AIM field is Misaka because she is the strongest in mid to long range bombardment while Mugino is strong in mid range to long range sniping or precise destruction. But wide area of effect is best suited for Misaka.

Accelerator is limited with almost skin contact.

The same for Kakine. He can only control which his dark matter touch but his dark matter can stretch infinitely in NT so by NT standards. Kakine is the current strongest in any range of battle.

This is only taking account the AIM field that they can spread or control.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 15:46   Link #3445
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The World after E3 2015
Age: 26
There are more than one test.

It just so happens that card reading and spoon bending are the lowest of low and the most common for Level 0s. I'm pretty sure once your powers are discovered you'll have more specialized tests- See Mikoto and Kuroko.
__________________


Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 17:56   Link #3446
Dyingbreath
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
bending spoon is one of the way to exercise your will against the world. Remember, Espers are reality benders. They use try to enforce their personal reality onto the world via their AIM field.

I'm speculating that the spoon bending is one of the basic exercise where you try to coat it with AIM and manipulate it but remember that not everyone has the same AIM.

Accelerator's AIM field is only few millimeters away from his skin. It won't reach the spoon. So his not actually coating it as a whole but sending the vectors from the tip of where he can touch it with his AIM field and then bend it.

There are multiple and imaginative ways one can use their abilities even with the lack of range.

The teleporters also coat object they want to teleport.

The longest range so far in AIM field is Misaka because she is the strongest in mid to long range bombardment while Mugino is strong in mid range to long range sniping or precise destruction. But wide area of effect is best suited for Misaka.

Accelerator is limited with almost skin contact.

The same for Kakine. He can only control which his dark matter touch but his dark matter can stretch infinitely in NT so by NT standards. Kakine is the current strongest in any range of battle.

This is only taking account the AIM field that they can spread or control.
Wouldn't the Queen have the largest? While the range of activation is limited her power, once active, could probably go for miles. Misaka's maximum range (if you calculate using the very high electrical resistance of air) is actually very small in comparison.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 17:58   Link #3447
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The World after E3 2015
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
Wouldn't the Queen have the largest? While the range of activation is limited her power, once active, could probably go for miles. Misaka's maximum range (if you calculate using the very high electrical resistance of air) is actually very small in comparison.
She once summoned a lightning strike in a fit of rage, how high up are thunder clouds again?
__________________


Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 17:59   Link #3448
Dyingbreath
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
She once summoned a lightning strike in a fit of rage, how high up are thunder clouds again?
Lightning is different than electricity (because lightning turns the air to plasma making the resistance lower) and it likely wasn't entirely her ability but the environment as well.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 18:10   Link #3449
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The World after E3 2015
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
Lightning is different than electricity (because lightning turns the air to plasma making the resistance lower) and it likely wasn't entirely her ability but the environment as well.
Regardless that's how far she can control it.... You might also want to read the 'spar' between Mikoto and Gunha- The cyborg girl that was witnessing their clash of AIM field describe it like the mother of all storms just hit the place.
__________________


Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 18:18   Link #3450
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 346Pro
Age: 29
I shall abstain from the Multi-Skill discussion because I toyed with it too much in the past.

As for everything else, can't follow.

Now where was I? Ah yes, the Super Idol War...
__________________
白露型駆逐艦の4番艦、夕立です。第三次ソロモン海戦では、けっこう頑張ったっぽい★?
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 18:37   Link #3451
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The World after E3 2015
Age: 26
Enough with the idol craze...=_=
__________________



Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-05-08 at 18:47.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 18:50   Link #3452
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Wait... so psychokinesis is basic, ESP is different. Anyone can perform psychokinesis which is basically telekinesis but a character has shown that her unique ability is telekinesis. Spoon bending may also be AIM expansion practice but each AIM is unique to their own so what if the ESPer has an ability that does not cause physical harm, like clairvoyance?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 19:00   Link #3453
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The World after E3 2015
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Wait... so psychokinesis is basic, ESP is different. Anyone can perform psychokinesis which is basically telekinesis but a character has shown that her unique ability is telekinesis. Spoon bending may also be AIM expansion practice but each AIM is unique to their own so what if the ESPer has an ability that does not cause physical harm, like clairvoyance?
There are other tests like card reading.
__________________


Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 19:02   Link #3454
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Mmm... so they do all the tests and see which reacts the best? Because the way the card tests and spoon bending is mentioned, it's as if everyone is expected to be able to do that much. Or something like that
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 19:07   Link #3455
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The World after E3 2015
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Mmm... so they do all the tests and see which reacts the best? Because the way the card tests and spoon bending is mentioned, it's as if everyone is expected to be able to do that much. Or something like that
Maybe but we never really dive into that.

Or perhaps they exercise of bending spoon is a basic action that triggers the part of the brain that uses ESP and so something would happen?

Again, all guessing...
__________________


Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 19:37   Link #3456
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Ability Name: Undead ("Hermitage path of cause and effect")
Description: The ability is unique to the ESPer that has it due to the circumstances that surround its development. Undead is an ability developed from a child error that lost the capacity for perception. Incapable of seeing, hearing, smelling, feeling and tasting. It's almost as if the child is dead. The scientists took an interest in the possibility of a personal reality purely untouched by the real world. The result is a literal personal reality created by the ESPer. A form of astral projection is reached by Undead as it creates an alternate dimension that overlaps against reality. Undead can directly interfere with reality itself but does not leave his own dimension. In essence this is similar to a ghost, or an artificial angel. But despite the freedom of the astral projection, the real body is stuck in a research laboratory. Completely hooked on machines that keep him alive, he is stuck inside an isolation chamber. Due to Undead's nature, he is considered the ultimate assassination tool.



From this point on it's going to be fucked up.

Ability Name: Access("Body open to the possibilities to do something")
Description: Access is an ability that is unknown. That is because the full details of the ability are not clear. This ability is actually specific to one person who had passed all the basic testings. Counted as a level 3 he has multiple abilities which makes him a case of the impossible. Pyrokinesis, Hydrokinesis, aerokinesis and electrokinesis are the abilities he exhibits. The best way to describe the ability is it is an an ability so far into the realm of idiocy it invades those of genius. Basically because the boy conquered all the basic tests, the restriction to one ability per personal reality is not something he recognizes. Scientists surmise this lack of distinction is part of his personal reality.

@_@ I am prepared for my flaming now.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 22:03   Link #3457
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Delusion world
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Ability Name: Undead ("Hermitage path of cause and effect")
Ability Name: Access("Body open to the possibilities to do something")
Description: Access is an ability that is unknown. That is because the full details of the ability are not clear. This ability is actually specific to one person who had passed all the basic testings. Counted as a level 3 he has multiple abilities which makes him a case of the impossible. Pyrokinesis, Hydrokinesis, aerokinesis and electrokinesis are the abilities he exhibits. The best way to describe the ability is it is an an ability so far into the realm of idiocy it invades those of genius. Basically because the boy conquered all the basic tests, the restriction to one ability per personal reality is not something he recognizes. Scientists surmise this lack of distinction is part of his personal reality.

@_@ I am prepared for my flaming now.
How is the Esper's personality like?

If you tell me this guy is normal, I am going to cast Inferno on you.
__________________
Ara Han
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 05:57   Link #3458
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
He's an idiot. Gunha-class idiot. Like I said he doesn't recognize the limitations. When he was told to do the basic tests like columbus egg, the card guessing and the spoon bending, he didn't complain. He just did them. The actions probably came close to killing him. The scientists never had to force him to try harder. They actually had to force him to stop when they gave up on him. He eventually began to do well in all of them whenever he was tested with them. From a level 0 he got into level 1. At that point he'd stop progressing for awhile. Then one day he ran out of gas to cook his food. He learned about pyrokinesis and started practicing it. It was summer and hot as whatever flaming hell is equivalent in Japanese lore. He saw some people fanning themselves and remembered something about people having aerokinesis. So he learned it. Ofcourse people told him it was impossible. But he just did it. For the sake of using the ability as his personal fan. Electrokinesis was so he could charge his game system. hydrokinesis was done out of sheer amusement. Since he didn't want to learn how to swim, he made the water swim for him.

Yes, he's an idiot. That's why the researchers who were in charge of him surmised that his lack of single ability specialization is part of his ability. It's believed that he traded off the ability to get stronger to become more varied. They predict he can never rise beyond level 3 in any ability he may gain in the future. Or any ability he currently has.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 06:01   Link #3459
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 346Pro
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Enough with the idol craze...=_=
You cannot deny me creating in-universe sources of awesome insert songs!!
__________________
白露型駆逐艦の4番艦、夕立です。第三次ソロモン海戦では、けっこう頑張ったっぽい★?
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 10:32   Link #3460
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Delusion world
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
He's an idiot. Gunha-class idiot. Like I said he doesn't recognize the limitations. When he was told to do the basic tests like columbus egg, the card guessing and the spoon bending, he didn't complain. He just did them. The actions probably came close to killing him. The scientists never had to force him to try harder. They actually had to force him to stop when they gave up on him. He eventually began to do well in all of them whenever he was tested with them. From a level 0 he got into level 1. At that point he'd stop progressing for awhile. Then one day he ran out of gas to cook his food. He learned about pyrokinesis and started practicing it. It was summer and hot as whatever flaming hell is equivalent in Japanese lore. He saw some people fanning themselves and remembered something about people having aerokinesis. So he learned it. Ofcourse people told him it was impossible. But he just did it. For the sake of using the ability as his personal fan. Electrokinesis was so he could charge his game system. hydrokinesis was done out of sheer amusement. Since he didn't want to learn how to swim, he made the water swim for him.

Yes, he's an idiot. That's why the researchers who were in charge of him surmised that his lack of single ability specialization is part of his ability. It's believed that he traded off the ability to get stronger to become more varied. They predict he can never rise beyond level 3 in any ability he may gain in the future. Or any ability he currently has.
Still need an excuse why nobody else know about his multi-skill ability....

May be he is a (secretly) gemstone who only display telekinesis ability because nobody actually told him to do something other than bending spoon during system scan?
__________________
Ara Han
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.