AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-06-17, 05:29   Link #3741
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

I appreciate the thought. But not every pairing of hilarious women need to be in a yurious relationship! D:

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 05:31   Link #3742
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
Is it going to be one-shot or will there be more than one chapter?
It's gonna be one-shot since this is my first attempt to write and finish one.

Since everyone voted for scenario 2, i will do that but will add the part about the Level 5s friends hanging around with them before the meeting.
Old 2013-06-17, 08:47   Link #3743
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I appreciate the thought. But not every pairing of hilarious women need to be in a yurious relationship! D:
I dunno, I kinda find their relationship sweet. Not cute, not sexy. Just sweet. Thoughtful even.
demino_hellsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 23:03   Link #3744
aichara

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
An update on that all Female Level 5 fanfic:
There's two types of scenarios that i thought of but can't decide which one.

The first is where Touma is in the hospital and the Level 5 girls are cooking something for him while their friends are hanging around with them.

The second is where Touma is meeting his parents at a restaurant and wanting to meet his girlfriend. And then they learn it's not one girl but six. Hilarity ensues. Also, i want to add this funny line:

"Touya-san. You taught Touma something inappropriate didn't you?"

"Honey! Please! I swear! I didn't teach Touma to do something like this. Oh God! Please stop honey! Your scaring me!"

The girls were all in shock in what they saw but were also terrified of seeing Mrs Kamjou's face. While the Level 5 girls have never agreed anything together due to their feelings for a certain unlucky boy. The one thing they do all agreed upon is this: Mrs Kamijou is one scary person you don't want to mess with, along with the Tokiwadai Dorm Mother.

In both fanfics, it will tell how they meet Touma and fall for him with some of these stories involving fights and a lot punching.

So which version you guys think i should do?
i pick the 2nd coz it will be hell lot of funnier. btw, where can i read them?
aichara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 05:03   Link #3745
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Gaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew that making my own arc. would be a task to do, difficult as hell, and take a lot of planning, but damn it if I can't write more than a thousand words in a chapter without butting heads with a brick wall!

SUCH A HEADACHE!
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 05:07   Link #3746
furaiz
Reason is Omniscient
*Author

Shorter chapters from time to time isn't a problem lol.

I'm sure you can figure out some sort of Touma saves bad guy from a bad Mugino etc, or just being a witness to bad Mugino might stir some things up
furaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 05:20   Link #3747
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Shorter chapters from time to time isn't a problem lol.
But my quota won't allow me to do that.

Quote:
I'm sure you can figure out some sort of Touma saves bad guy from a bad Mugino etc, or just being a witness to bad Mugino might stir some things up
Well, that's not entirely the problem with me at the moment. I have a pretty good idea how the end plays out, had the beginning planned out too. It's the meat of the arc. that's hitting me in the nuts right now.

I'm getting some traction, but the momentum to continue dies away as I write. I'm just trying to avoid writing too much unnecessary information while also trying to subliminally display what the member's of ORDER can do in terms of Esper abilities. Shoot, there's a clue about what Chouka can do based on her attire; but I like to keep people guessing.

That's the challenge here, and that's what currently giving me head-trauma as I bang my head repeatedly on the wall as I try to be subliminal yet not overly wordy with this chapter.
Old 2013-06-18, 05:33   Link #3748
demino_hellsin
That one guy

There's a secret to that. Then again it doesn't work too well

Anyone have any idea of carissa's popularity?
Old 2013-06-18, 05:35   Link #3749
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

This one is not even remotely sure.

I'm guessing the Gang-rape joke she made during the conflict against France wasn't enough to inspire a lot of love towards her.

I found that scene hilarious though, if I do say so myself. Just because of the Knight Leader's reaction afterwards.
Old 2013-06-18, 05:43   Link #3750
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Honestly I really hated her during that arc. I couldn't even find it in myself to forgive her after the reveal. Then again, war changes people

I think what sparked my curiosity about her popularity is that someone actually gave me a spanish review for her chapter. I really wonder.
Old 2013-06-18, 05:50   Link #3751
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Lol, I got that too for the first chapter of my story. I had to Google-translate it, but it was basically your typical review for this story. Surprise for the unique pairing, interest in the story's potential, and them looking forward to future content.

I laughed so hard at that, and it also made me wonder about Mugino's popularity. Hot as she is, I didn't think hotness would make anyone like her given how twisted she got as she was chasing after Hamazura.

Though, I doubt I was the only one who felt a bit sorry for her during the end of their Second fight when she looked like she was gonna cry. That same pity showed up again during the aftermath of her consuming the Body Crystal.

Poor girl had it rough, so my sympathy went out to her for it; though I doubt everyone felt the same way as I did during those moments.
Old 2013-06-18, 06:04   Link #3752
demino_hellsin
That one guy

She broke my heart right during the body crystal thing. She was essentially killing herself. And for something useless. Hamazura's narration helped a lot in softening my outlook.
Old 2013-06-18, 06:08   Link #3753
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

In the words of our favorite mischievous little Saiai

"Yandere's are super scary."

....though....I guess it can be viewed as touching somehow. I don't know how, but there's always someone out there who could view her actions as touching....maybe?

Not me though, I'd be flipping shit over watching someone willingly chew glass in front of me.
Old 2013-06-18, 06:22   Link #3754
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by aichara View Post
i pick the 2nd coz it will be hell lot of funnier. btw, where can i read them?
Still work in progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Gaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew that making my own arc. would be a task to do, difficult as hell, and take a lot of planning, but damn it if I can't write more than a thousand words in a chapter without butting heads with a brick wall!

SUCH A HEADACHE!
I know how you feel. I'm currently doing a draft for one of the characters and i'm having a hard time figuring out what to write.
Old 2013-06-18, 22:24   Link #3755
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

Quote:
In the words of our favorite mischievous little Saiai

"Yandere's are super scary."

....though....I guess it can be viewed as touching somehow. I don't know how, but there's always someone out there who could view her actions as touching....maybe?

Not me though, I'd be flipping shit over watching someone willingly chew glass in front of me.
Let's be fair. There is something strangely appealing about a psychopathic yandere, especially since the 'dere' has yet to fully appear. Mugino's my favorite female level 5, so perhaps I'm biased. But I'm planning on making her a main character in the second part of my fanfic, so I've been rereading every part she had in the light novel and manga, as well as her animated appearance in the last Railgun S episode.

My OC can tease Accelerator to his face, but he would prostrate himself before an angry Meltdowner. And yet we all have to love her now that she's less prone to splitting her friends in half or melting their faces off.

Spoiler for Do not open unless you know the two heroines of Mirai Nikki and Elfen Lied.:

And on the topic of Carissa: I loved her method of motivating the knights. I was ashamed to read it and see her intentions, yet still feel the urge to want to protect her. Normally that only works on me when it's a loli--AHEM....

...I see potential in a doujin with Carissa and the Maiden of Versailles (who is supposed to be designed like a formerly attractive model or something. I don't like it. France needs a moe female representative like all the other magic countries! Not a former smoker!) interacting in a manzai sort of manner. Carrisa, of course, would be the boki and the maiden would perform Tsukkomi's with Durendal, nearly killing Carissa with every retort, only to be blocked by the shards of Curtana.

Speaking of comedy duos; Queen Elizard and Mommy Index Laura Stuart. Enough said.
silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 23:21   Link #3756
demino_hellsin
That one guy

How about a doujin where Carissa is taking care of the Femme Fatale so the maiden of Versailles can look healthy again? Because it is annoying to know that a sickly looking woman is matching the wielder of curtana(fragment) move for move
Old 2013-06-19, 08:29   Link #3757
R.LocK
My turn

Well.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9405737/...ortune-happens

Take a look.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 08:34   Link #3758
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Definitely prefering the MisakiXTouma fics these days, MisakaTouma fics are way overdone.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 14:43   Link #3759
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Definitely prefering the MisakiXTouma fics these days, MisakaTouma fics are way overdone.
Meh, overdone as they may be, there are some really good Touma/Misaka fics out there.

What those stories lack in my opinion is proper build-up. Everyone wants to just put those two together without building up their relationship at a gradual pace. While I can understand to a degree why it would make sense if they did it during, say, NT of the LN series; I don't agree when they have it happen at anytime before volume 16.

Relationships, especially in a romantic sense, take time and don't just pop up in the span of two chapters. That's sloppy to me, it doesn't bring me any satisfaction to see those two together too quickly because it ruins any realism. Especially since we all know how Misaka is when it comes to being honest with herself.
Old 2013-06-19, 16:06   Link #3760
dniv
Science is Romance

Quote:
Meh, overdone as they may be, there are some really good Touma/Misaka fics out there.

What those stories lack in my opinion is proper build-up. Everyone wants to just put those two together without building up their relationship at a gradual pace. While I can understand to a degree why it would make sense if they did it during, say, NT of the LN series; I don't agree when they have it happen at anytime before volume 16.

Relationships, especially in a romantic sense, take time and don't just pop up in the span of two chapters. That's sloppy to me, it doesn't bring me any satisfaction to see those two together too quickly because it ruins any realism. Especially since we all know how Misaka is when it comes to being honest with herself.
You might be able to say that after the end of Volume 14 it would work. Otherwise, I would wait until into the future after NT 7. There is a chance though that the Railgun Manga would provide enough background to be able to let it happen before the end of NT 7... I just don't see it yet.

The problem with Misaki/Touma is
Spoiler for NT 7:
I only see one way of getting around it. I do see a way of getting around it actually. Hint hint
Spoiler for Light Novel 15/16:
That would be one way to make it work if the fanfic tried to use that. That would most likely be valid IMO.

BTW: they might pull a classic: Touma and Mikoto knew each other from when they were kids but forgot thing. Just saying. He might have lost his memory more than once after all, after seeing how much he has been through.

She might have also lost her memory somehow... I'm not exactly sure about that would have worked... but maybe she couldn't withstand Shokuhou's power when she was smaller and level 1. That would be a pretty cool fic... if we assume Shokuhou got stronger faster than Mikoto.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction