AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-31, 21:01   Link #4421
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Misaka…. just started challenging him to duels.
from chapter 3. ugh. My mistake sorry. I misread it.

What's the change with Touma in electrode? its just doesn't seem to click on the audience if there is nothing more to it. The electrode for Accelerator allows him to use his abilities but Touma doesn't have any abilities.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:02   Link #4422
omega253
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
from chapter 3. ugh. My mistake sorry. I misread it.

What's the change with Touma in electrode? its just doesn't seem to click on the audience if there is nothing more to it. The electrode for Accelerator allows him to use his abilities but Touma doesn't have any abilities.
Meh, don't worry about it. I put that exposition in one big damn wall of text so it's easy to misread.

As for Choker!Touma, he still has all his memories about his life. Instead of losing his memories to the Feather of Light, the feather crippled his brain.
__________________
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:08   Link #4423
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
Quote:
What's the change with Touma in electrode? its just doesn't seem to click on the audience if there is nothing more to it. The electrode for Accelerator allows him to use his abilities but Touma doesn't have any abilities.
Motor functions; things like speech, movement, things of that nature I guess. It was an idea someone came up with in regards to if the Feather of Light didn't wipe Touma's memories and instead caused severe brain damage to where he couldn't function without something like the electrode.

I'm did it in an attempt to help out Demino with how Mugino's personality worked and such. I'm bad at explaining things, so I figured just showing how I would do it would be easier to interpret.

So omega, what did you think of it?
__________________

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:10   Link #4424
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
@ferret: awesome...



I really need more practice with writing her angry version. You capture her essence very well.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:14   Link #4425
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
You flatter me too much....

I think it's kinda scary how I can nail her personality so well...and also makes me wonder why I'm good at it.
__________________

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:14   Link #4426
omega253
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Motor functions; things like speech, movement, things of that nature I guess. It was an idea someone came up with in regards to if the Feather of Light didn't wipe Touma's memories and instead caused severe brain damage to where he couldn't function without something like the electrode.

I'm did it in an attempt to help out Demino with how Mugino's personality worked and such. I'm bad at explaining things, so I figured just showing how I would do it would be easier to interpret.

So omega, what did you think of it?
It was quite nice. I kind of imagine what would happen if all of that occurred in front of Touma's school. I'm just kind of obsessed with Touma's school seeing his more serious and resolved side.

And Mugino needs her illusions broken badly. As the rest of ITEM. Takitsubo can stay with Hamazura though.....

I got this crazy idea in my head for a Hamazura fic. You would need to see the action movie, Wanted, to understand what I'm thinking, though.
__________________
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:21   Link #4427
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
@ferrret: mind doing the second scenario I posted?

@omega: he's gonna have a shoot out with morgan freeman?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:25   Link #4428
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
Quote:
I got this crazy idea in my head for a Hamazura fic. You would need to see the action movie, Wanted, to understand what I'm thinking, though.
I've seen wanted, so what do you have in your head?

Quote:
And Mugino needs her illusions broken badly. As the rest of ITEM.
Ahem, that's liable to happen. *points at signature*

Quote:
@ferrret: mind doing the second scenario I posted?
Sure; give me a few.
__________________

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:26   Link #4429
omega253
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@ferrret: mind doing the second scenario I posted?

@omega: he's gonna have a shoot out with morgan freeman?
No, but that would be badass.

I meant, he comes from a bloodline of superhumans with enhanced reflexes. Hamazura already fairly knows his way around a gun, so I thought 'Why the hell not?' I'd amused the idea because Hamazura shooting bullets that curved to their targets was really badass.

It's also part of the reason that Aleister wants to get rid of him. He's a powerful, unstable person that Crowley can't control.

I'm on the borderline of making this Hamazura for To Ascend, but I don't want people pissed at me for taking away his charm as a completely normal person being able to beat a Level 5.
__________________
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:33   Link #4430
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
I believe Kamachi wrote that Hamazura was already beyond a normal level 0 since he beat a level 5. It's just that Hamazura does not recognize that fact. Doesn't make him any stronger though
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:38   Link #4431
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
That's the same charm that Touma has, the difference between them is that Hamazura was able to do it with only his whits and guns. He didn't get help beating Mugino, and while the idea of gaining that is nice, it would kinda stain the image of his 'bad-ass normal' trope.

By all means, though, I'm sure there are ways to make it work. But I'd just tread carefully and things should be done at a gradual pace, something he needs to work into before getting good at it. If you just throw him out like that, the charm is lost. Ease your way in with it, you have the build up, gradual leverage to work with, and eventually make him into a bad-ass through those hardships of developing that ability.
__________________

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:39   Link #4432
omega253
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
I never said he was stronger. I just said enhanced reflexes. As in being able to shot a fly's wings off and still keep them alive because the shot he made was just that accurate.

And yeah, I see what you guys mean. I feel like I'm way out of my depth with this writing.
__________________
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:43   Link #4433
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 346Pro
Age: 29
If Hamazura was spouting cool lines off Max Payne style, he'd be perfect! After all, I can totally imagine him saying this:

"I couldn't understand it. I just went against the best army in the world, with a Level 5 to boot, and survived."

"I'm in an anime. There's no other explanation."
__________________
白露型駆逐艦の4番艦、夕立です。第三次ソロモン海戦では、けっこう頑張ったっぽい★?
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:58   Link #4434
omega253
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
If Hamazura was spouting cool lines off Max Payne style, he'd be perfect! After all, I can totally imagine him saying this:

"I couldn't understand it. I just went against the best army in the world, with a Level 5 to boot, and survived."

"I'm in an anime. There's no other explanation."
That latter line... That would probably be if he had gone crazy and decided to break the fourth wall.... Fffffuuuuuuuuu-

Now I have yet another idea.

Deadpool!Hamazura. That is all.
__________________
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 22:37   Link #4435
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Hamazura that has active Hysteria mode without the need for arousal.

Hamazura that is like Kinji. I like hidan no aria but when they introduce stupid fantasy on it. It lost its edge. But still badass gun wielding and dagger user Kinji is badass.

Hamazura with a desert eagle and a butterfly knife.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 22:47   Link #4436
omega253
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Hamazura that has active Hysteria mode without the need for arousal.

Hamazura that is like Kinji. I like hidan no aria but when they introduce stupid fantasy on it. It lost its edge. But still badass gun wielding and dagger user Kinji is badass.

Hamazura with a desert eagle and a butterfly knife.
.... People seem to be reading my mind lately. First, someone commented in a review about wanting me to make High!Kanzaki a running gag when I was thinking about that just the hour before.

Hamazura with Hysteria mode, huh.... He would have a trigger, but it wouldn't be arousal. His trigger is actual hysteria and panic. He gets into a situation that is so out of his depth that it makes him snap and go into Hysteria Mode.

Can anyone else imagine a crazy, screaming Hamazura jumping around like a monkey while chucking knives, shooting desert eagles, and (this is just my rule of cool talking) somehow catching bullets in his teeth?
__________________
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 23:29   Link #4437
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
Here is the second snippet for you demino and anyone else who wanted to read it. It's longer though, but I'm sure at least someone will get some enjoyment out of it.

Spoiler for Second Snippet for A Certain Highschool Student:
__________________

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 23:38   Link #4438
omega253
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Here is the second snippet for you demino and anyone else who wanted to read it. It's longer though, but I'm sure at least someone will get some enjoyment out of it.

Spoiler for Second Snippet for A Certain Highschool Student:
.... That's it. You need to make MOAR.
__________________
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 23:40   Link #4439
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
I need to save my humor for my own fic, you know.

Can't use all my material in these snippets; I just do it to give you guys some inspiration.
__________________

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 02:12   Link #4440
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Awesome as always ferret, awesome as always. I think my problem with writing Mugino is that I can't see her as an utter bitch but just bitchy bitch. So she has a lot of civility even when I try to write her insulting someone.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.