AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-10-04, 06:17   Link #5421
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Is "Between a Sinner and a Saint" interesting to you guys?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 08:08   Link #5422
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I find it interesting. The whole idea of Touma living in England while working with Kanzaki or Oriana is unique and you were the one that pulled it off. And it was pulled off rather well, in my opinion.

Why do you ask, anyway? Are you planning to continue it?
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 08:39   Link #5423
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I do, since I've surrendered on one fic my resources have opened up another font. I already have the arcs planned out.
Old 2013-10-04, 08:49   Link #5424
omega253

Quote:
I do, since I've surrendered on one fic my resources have opened up another font. I already have the arcs planned out.
That's great! So, are you going to use my ideas involving Brunhild and the 'Otohime is a Saint' thing?

Because I'm totally okay if you're using them. I really want to see how you can develop this idea even further.
Old 2013-10-04, 08:54   Link #5425
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'll probably make Otohime something more terrifying than a saint. As for Brunhild, she's most likely going to be the first arc.
Old 2013-10-04, 09:24   Link #5426
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix22 View Post
Endymion Super SS update it out.
That was good, love the part with Hamazura and Kinuhata And Misaka not knowing where she knew Arisa from was funny.

Quote:
Yes. I would love to read more of this
Old 2013-10-04, 09:28   Link #5427
Hiss13
Eternal Hospital Resident

Quote:
Hilarious stuff, man. Hilarious stuff. Somebody really didn't like Gekota Rangers S Part 2.
Old 2013-10-04, 09:58   Link #5428
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Hail!

Now we can find which English Premier League club everyone likes.
Old 2013-10-04, 10:10   Link #5429
demino_hellsin
That one guy

been wondering for awhie now... but still can't follow XD

to those who've been following my vento snippets, I pose to you the same question I put inmy fic.

Pantsu or no pantsu?

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-10-04 at 10:22.
Old 2013-10-04, 11:34   Link #5430
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Alright, now that the weekend has arrived, I must finish WE chapter 2 and get it through the Rubix Shears.

*Third Arm pops out of shoulder*

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 11:41   Link #5431
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
been wondering for awhie now... but still can't follow XD

to those who've been following my vento snippets, I pose to you the same question I put inmy fic.

Pantsu or no pantsu?
no pantsu.......and allowing no upskirting to occur.

Knowing what's not there, but being unable to see it, is an art. b☆_☆

Incidently, someone asked me via PM if I was going to have STUDY appear in ACWOD....and I promptly laughed my ass off. Ten minutes later, I started thinking about it, and I believed it to be a good idea to do it.

More or less, it would just have them mentioned one chapter, and then showing them utterly destroyed the next. While I would like a better method to do it, I feel like it would be a good way to introduce Kakine into the story. Again, I know there is a better way to introduce him into the story, but I think it would be funny, in its own way, if he just completely wiped them out almost in the same chapter STUDY is mentioned.

I laugh since I picture that image with STUDY going: We're Darkness, believe it

Then I picture Kakine's face going: O rly?

How far would you go to save someone...

How much blood would you voluntarily shed for them...

How deep in the muck would you be willing to trek through to reach them...

How long would you remain defiant before submitting to the Darkness that traps them...
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 13:08   Link #5432
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Incidently, someone asked me via PM if I was going to have STUDY appear in ACWOD....and I promptly laughed my ass off. Ten minutes later, I started thinking about it, and I believed it to be a good idea to do it.

More or less, it would just have them mentioned one chapter, and then showing them utterly destroyed the next. While I would like a better method to do it, I feel like it would be a good way to introduce Kakine into the story. Again, I know there is a better way to introduce him into the story, but I think it would be funny, in its own way, if he just completely wiped them out almost in the same chapter STUDY is mentioned.

I laugh since I picture that image with STUDY going: We're Darkness, believe it

Then I picture Kakine's face going: O rly?
Do it. DO IT. DO IT

Seriously, I wasnt to see those pretenders get smashed up by some real members of Academy City's darkness so badly. If I wasn't already in the middle of a fic with a million other fic plans in my head to get to I'd do it myself.

As a side note I'm really glad you're introducing Kakine to the story.

On another side note, the next Touma's Busy Day chapter will be out tomorrow if it kills me.
Old 2013-10-04, 13:23   Link #5433
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Do it. DO IT. DO IT

Seriously, I wasnt to see those pretenders get smashed up by some real members of Academy City's darkness so badly. If I wasn't already in the middle of a fic with a million other fic plans in my head to get to I'd do it myself.
Pretty much Kakine's thoughts regarding STUDY once he hears about it. He'd do it without even getting paid; just to be an ass I suppose. They might not be considered as competition, but annoyances like them are still bothersome to deal with since they may have interfered with one of SCHOOL's jobs; hence why he got pissed off and chose to wipe them out in one fell swoop.

Quote:
As a side note I'm really glad you're introducing Kakine to the story.
What can I say; I like diversity. Plus I think it would be interesting to have Touma involved in more Dark-side escapades that don't involve just ITEM. Plus, lets face it, Darkness Harem is calling to me and I have my eyes set on getting Measure Heart and Awaki on board the darkness harem train.

I mean, come on, who couldn't have seen those two being in it in this story?

Quote:
On another side note, the next Touma's Busy Day chapter will be out tomorrow if it kills me.
Don't kill yourself if it doesn't come out tomorrow. At least if it doesn't come out then, it'll be out Sunday which is still on a weekend.

How far would you go to save someone...

How much blood would you voluntarily shed for them...

How deep in the muck would you be willing to trek through to reach them...

How long would you remain defiant before submitting to the Darkness that traps them...
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 14:06   Link #5434
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
That was good, love the part with Hamazura and Kinuhata And Misaka not knowing where she knew Arisa from was funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Hilarious stuff, man. Hilarious stuff. Somebody really didn't like Gekota Rangers S Part 2.
It's always good to hear that someone thinks my stuff is funny.

Though I do wonder if there's anyone who catches all my references. Some of them were slightly... out there.

Spoiler for :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Alright, now that the weekend has arrived, I must finish WE chapter 2 and get it through the Rubix Shears.

*Third Arm pops out of shoulder*
If you could do me a favor, warn me if there's any explicit content. I was in the middle of writing parts of Gekota Rangers when you sent the first chapter, which put me in an awkward situation.

Last edited by rubix22; 2013-10-05 at 00:00.
rubix22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 14:20   Link #5435
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
What can I say; I like diversity. Plus I think it would be interesting to have Touma involved in more Dark-side escapades that don't involve just ITEM. Plus, lets face it, Darkness Harem is calling to me and I have my eyes set on getting Measure Heart and Awaki on board the darkness harem train.
I approve of this idea.

The darkness harem actually gives me an idea. Not exactly related but it was the strike of inspiration

Spoiler for Idea:

...Wow that sounds pretty good actually. I should write that eventually.

Quote:
Don't kill yourself if it doesn't come out tomorrow. At least if it doesn't come out then, it'll be out Sunday which is still on a weekend.
The problem with that is that I've got a lot of stuff going on Sunday-Wednesday so I'll be pretty busy. I could do it then but it would be less stressful to get it done now. It's not going to be that long of a chapter anyways.
Old 2013-10-04, 15:04   Link #5436
the one above all

Quote:
I approve of this idea.

The darkness harem actually gives me an idea. Not exactly related but it was the strike of inspiration

Spoiler for Idea:

The problem with that is that I've got a lot of stuff going on Sunday-Wednesday so I'll be pretty busy. I could do it then but it would be less stressful to get it done now. It's not going to be that long of a chapter anyways.
Hey I am new to this forum but i have been a fan of to aru for 3 years. I read most of the fics you guys have written. The idea of Touma leading his own dark side organization sounds interesting. I love Touma the way he is now but the idea of him being one of the chess masters of academy city is also interesting.
the one above all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 15:43   Link #5437
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Hey I am new to this forum but i have been a fan of to aru for 3 years. I read most of the fics you guys have written. The idea of Touma leading his own dark side organization sounds interesting. I love Touma the way he is now but the idea of him being one of the chess masters of academy city is also interesting.
Thanks! Glad to hear you want to read it. I'm planning on writing it eventually but it might not be for a while. I've got 4 more chapter of Touma's Busy Day to write + a short epilogue, my Accelerator has to be a bodyguard for an idol oneshot, and possibly a second and final chapter of future maids to write still.
Old 2013-10-04, 17:33   Link #5438
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Quote:
I approve of this idea.

Spoiler for Idea:

@ the one above all: well, then, welcome to the TAMNI Fanfiction Thread!

Make sure to leave you sanity at the door, you're not going to be needing it here.

@ Ilidsor: That's certainly a unique idea... Do it. Write something up and see if you can flow with it or not.

But seriously, Dark!Touma is an interesting idea.
Old 2013-10-04, 22:12   Link #5439
demino_hellsin
That one guy

AIM Touma was supposed to be dark Touma, but I held back. That's because I think kindness is Touma's defining trait, more so than his misfortune or IB. His brand of nice guy is different from other harem leads for me because it feels a lot more honest and somewhat down to earth as he still has bouts of being a complete butt.

Hope to see dark Touma someday though
Old 2013-10-04, 23:03   Link #5440
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
That was hilarious, man!

Another fine piece of work! Be proud of yourmeta jokes! Loved the light mocking of Gekota S Part 2 by the way.

Quote:
Yes.
Yes it is.
Haven't you take my money already?

Quote:

Spoiler for Idea:

Can't really comment much more since it's only an idea, but here's what my 2 cents: avoid at all costs the edgy! In other words, take things seriously, do not have drama for the sake of drama, don't make Touma's life more miserable than it is realistically possible, especially if it's to make him fall to the dark side, for fear that it appears you make Touma goes through too much shit just to make him more dark, or Edgy! if you must. Those kind of things litterally kill readers' willing suspension of disbelief, and your audience can quickly fall into what TVTropes call ''Darkness Induced Audience Apathy''. In wanting to make too much a dramatic tragedy it becomes a comedy.
Read this sentence:
Quote:
Touma's parents were much crueler than they are in canon, due to his misfortune, and they abused him as a child. Him getting sent to AC wasn't a way to help him but rather a way to just get rid of him and his misfortune. Since his parents don't care about him Aliester decides he can take advantage of him and makes him live a horrible life full of being experimented on, poverty, and being forced to do dark side jobs.
The beginning is fine, but the rest...you ought to do it better, especially the 3 last things. Two of those choices are unecessary, trust me.
And again:
Quote:
As a whole the fic would be very dark, with a lot of character deaths, general murder, drugs, gore, and all of that stuff you would expect from a fic stuck in the dark side.
This. There is no need for all of this for the fic to be dark. Examples of dark works, with a dark Anti-Hero as the lead? Code Geass, Death Note, and Fate/Zero.
Is there a need for drugs and gore? Not really. Remember, horrific things shown in spades or subtly implied are better than full blown Sin City reddition because imagining the worst is better than being outright shown. And when there is gore, make sure it's meaningful, not for the sake of blood everywhere (one-on-one battles are excluded since this is kinda the whole point, especially in bitter victories).

To see dark fics gone bad, please see the ridiculous amount of Dark!Naruto and Dark!Harry fics.
They almost never ends well...for the fic itself I mean.
And they almost always have harem...just saying!

Simple word of advice.

Phenomena that can be explained in words cannot be described as absurd.

Last edited by allfictions; 2013-10-04 at 23:27.
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction