AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-11-11, 05:04   Link #5681
Draco Spirit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post

On a side note I'm going to be extremely busy for the next two weeks so there won't be any Touma's Busy Day updates until then. Maybe I shouldn't have taken that detour to write my Halloween story...
But it was goods!
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 13:20   Link #5682
allfictions
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Age: 19
He Will Surely Save has been updated, Chapter 6 is up.
As I expected, since we were talking about the Number 6, we got The Prisoner joke. Anyway, the story is moving along an underlying plot of sorts, that is for the most parts confusing as hell. Meh, let's just wait and see where the writer is going.

Also, A Certain Unknown Level 0 Chapter 37 is up. Third part of the Shirai Kuroko Arc.
__________________


Phenomena that can be explained in words cannot be described as absurd.
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 15:04   Link #5683
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
So I'm reading through a book as research for WE, and I stumbled upon this:

Quote:
The pious Gnostics perceived in themselves a latent spark of the divine glory and sought to liberate it from reincarnation by means of meditative exercises and asceticism, including the denial of fleshly pleasures. A few took the left-handed path and sought libertine antinomianism in keeping with Aleister Crowley's philosophy: "Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law." If the flesh was unimportant, then you could go either way and still find enlightenment. The crucial thing was to attain mental and spiritual independence from worldly laws and religion since they were the creations of evil archons, the unseen rulers of the world, one of whom was the Jehovah (Yahweh) of the Old Testament.
Instant shit-eating grin
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 19:51   Link #5684
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
So that's the basis of eser power? Will it and it shall be so?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 19:56   Link #5685
omega253
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
In Memoriam Chapter 13 is up.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9442823/13/In-Memoriam

I'm getting tingly to do some fic writing myself because of this update!
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 07:33   Link #5686
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
In Memoriam Chapter 13 is up.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9442823/13/In-Memoriam

I'm getting tingly to do some fic writing myself because of this update!
So Kiyama is some addict due to her students?
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 15:04   Link #5687
Shockz
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
In Memoriam Chapter 13 is up.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9442823/13/In-Memoriam

I'm getting tingly to do some fic writing myself because of this update!
Glad to be an inspiration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
So Kiyama is some addict due to her students?
Interesting that she comes off that way; I was going for more "mild stroke victim" than "addict", but I suppose to some extent both are accurate.
Shockz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 22:36   Link #5688
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
I wish I found this earlier:



Perfect 2nd OP for Masked Detective STEEL.
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 02:25   Link #5689
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
Greetings everyone!

In recent news, the latest update to A Certain World of Darkness is to be released within a relatively short time.

In regards to my absence as of late......well, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and GTA 5 are the major reasons for my lack of appearance.

So, with that being said, what the hell have I missed?
__________________

How far would you go to save someone...

How much blood would you voluntarily shed for them...

How deep in the muck would you be willing to trek through to reach them...

How long would you remain defiant before submitting to the Darkness that traps them...
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 02:54   Link #5690
omega253
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Greetings everyone!

In recent news, the latest update to A Certain World of Darkness is to be released within a relatively short time.

In regards to my absence as of late......well, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and GTA 5 are the major reasons for my lack of appearance.

So, with that being said, what the hell have I missed?
Lots of shit, Comrade Ferret. I've just gotten to writing Chapter 17 of To Ascend.

In Memoriam just got updated.

Actually, this place has been rather quiet lately...

I seek to rectify that after I get my new chapter out.

On that note, my fic just passed 300 reviews a little while back!

Hoorah!

*ahem* Anyway, next month is the release of A Certain Scientific Accelerator, a manga that stars our very own crazy and overpowered albino!

Last edited by omega253; 2013-11-16 at 03:10.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 03:33   Link #5691
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Lots of shit, Comrade Ferret. I've just gotten to writing Chapter 17 of To Ascend.

In Memoriam just got updated.

Actually, this place has been rather quiet lately...

I seek to rectify that after I get my new chapter out.

On that note, my fic just passed 300 reviews a little while back!

Hoorah!

*ahem* Anyway, next month is the release of A Certain Scientific Accelerator, a manga that stars our very own crazy and overpowered albino!
I shall respond in the order presented:

That's good, heard you fell into a bit of slump for a bit. Glad it didn't stop you.

No offense to the author or those who like their work; but I'm not interested in it.

Nonsense, this place is never quiet; they're just lurking....

Already rectified, because Comrade Ferret has returned!

Great stuff! Keep this up and you may surpass me in reviews pretty soon.

And it's about time I heard something about that; I'm looking forward to what it has to bring us.
__________________

How far would you go to save someone...

How much blood would you voluntarily shed for them...

How deep in the muck would you be willing to trek through to reach them...

How long would you remain defiant before submitting to the Darkness that traps them...
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 03:36   Link #5692
omega253
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Thanks!

Ah, Twist of Fate 15 is up...

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9539513/15/Twist-of-Fate

And I'm still in a bit of a slump. But if I work harder, I should be able to get a chapter out before the weekend is through.

And I think I'm going to make the first ever Touma/Othinus shipping snippet soon.

Kyon already made a crack snip for them, so I'm providing the shipping!
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 03:44   Link #5693
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
Twist of Fate...I dunno, don't feel right to me.

My love lies in He Will Surely Save; that's my fanfic crack right there.

Anyways, about that slump, here's some advice; not that you need any. Do what I did, take a break from it, and let your mind ease up a bit. You'll fry your brain if you just force everything out at once so take a load off a bit and relax some.

In regards to the snippet, well, I'll look forward to reading it myself. Just let me know when it's done and I'll get on that.

Also, ACWOD is updated now....hope you enjoy it.
__________________

How far would you go to save someone...

How much blood would you voluntarily shed for them...

How deep in the muck would you be willing to trek through to reach them...

How long would you remain defiant before submitting to the Darkness that traps them...
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 04:05   Link #5694
furaiz
Reason is Omniscient
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Void
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Twist of Fate...I dunno, don't feel right to me.

My love lies in He Will Surely Save; that's my fanfic crack right there.

Anyways, about that slump, here's some advice; not that you need any. Do what I did, take a break from it, and let your mind ease up a bit. You'll fry your brain if you just force everything out at once so take a load off a bit and relax some.

In regards to the snippet, well, I'll look forward to reading it myself. Just let me know when it's done and I'll get on that.

Also, ACWOD is updated now....hope you enjoy it.
ACWOD update makes my month complete. I generally have a few fics that I have to see an update for to feel like I've had a complete month, but fics like yours, I generally expect to have to wait, no matter how much waiting kills.

I left you a review, but one thing I would like to add to it :

So far, it seems like there's an overly long downtime between the 'meaty' parts of the story... I know it's only technically been two chapters, but in the story, it feels like it's slowed down to a crawl before something happens again. It might be my brain playing tricks on me, so I'll reserve judgment on that until you get through a few more 'arcs'. (I think it might be the information dump thing that you have a tendency to do, but not every arc will need a detailed 'setup', so maybe that might not happen much, and I could be overthinking stuff.)

As always, looking forward to your next update.
furaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 04:09   Link #5695
omega253
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Just finished reading the new chapter and left a review myself.

I wonder, though: is Mugino going to try and look further into the Imagine Breaker?

I want to see people get freaked out by the Invisible Thing...

As for my slump, I just had trouble figuring out how to start the Kazakiri Hyouka Arc.

The next chapter is coming along smoother than I expected.

Not to mention, a big shocker is in it as well~.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 04:15   Link #5696
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
Quote:
Originally Posted by furaiz View Post
ACWOD update makes my month complete. I generally have a few fics that I have to see an update for to feel like I've had a complete month, but fics like yours, I generally expect to have to wait, no matter how much waiting kills.

I left you a review, but one thing I would like to add to it :

So far, it seems like there's an overly long downtime between the 'meaty' parts of the story... I know it's only technically been two chapters, but in the story, it feels like it's slowed down to a crawl before something happens again. It might be my brain playing tricks on me, so I'll reserve judgment on that until you get through a few more 'arcs'. (I think it might be the information dump thing that you have a tendency to do, but not every arc will need a detailed 'setup', so maybe that might not happen much, and I could be overthinking stuff.)

As always, looking forward to your next update.
I genuinely appreciate both the complement in regards to my work along with the criticism that you have presented, both here and in your review.

Keep in mind, building up for arcs that of my own creation is still something I'm not accustomed to just yet. I guess the first few arcs are acting as my means of 'testing the waters' in regards to seeing what I need to work on and such. This one is more like a work in regards to transitioning from one arc. to the next. Thus, another learning experience for me to learn from.

So, again, I appreciate bringing this to my attention as it will serve as a learning experance for the things to come.

One thing I want to point out real quick in regards to the review you left me. While it is true Touma appears quite cannon thus far, I want to remind you that Touma has yet to fully sink himself into the muck we know as the Dark-Side. He dipped his toes into it during the ORDER arc, so its to be expected that he's still largely the same in this one.

As time progresses, though, you will see more of a change in him; but its gradual oppose to being erratic. You'll see the more badass Touma, you'll see the side we see in New Testament in time; just give it a few arcs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Just finished it and left a review myself.

I wonder, though: is Mugino going to try and look further into the Imagine Breaker?

I want to see people get freaked out by the Invisible Thing...

As for my slump, I just had trouble figuring out how to start the Kazakiri Hyouka Arc.

The next chapter is coming along smoother than I expected.

Not to mention, a big shocker is in it as well~.
Can't see it just yet, but I will soon enough.

Most likely; now that she knows a few more things about Touma that were previously unknown before.

That.....may happen somewhere down the line. Not sure when it'll happen though, but it will I assure you.

Kinda how I felt in regards to this chapter; it had a slow start and I kinda had to drag it along until it became what it is now.

So long as this big schocker doesn't involve Mugino wearing a collar; I'm game.
__________________

How far would you go to save someone...

How much blood would you voluntarily shed for them...

How deep in the muck would you be willing to trek through to reach them...

How long would you remain defiant before submitting to the Darkness that traps them...
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 04:34   Link #5697
omega253
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Pfft, nah. It's not anything like that.

It's more serious than that, at the very least.

I can't explain it without giving spoilers, though, so you'll have to wait.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 04:37   Link #5698
furaiz
Reason is Omniscient
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Void
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
I genuinely appreciate both the complement in regards to my work along with the criticism that you have presented, both here and in your review.

Keep in mind, building up for arcs that of my own creation is still something I'm not accustomed to just yet. I guess the first few arcs are acting as my means of 'testing the waters' in regards to seeing what I need to work on and such. This one is more like a work in regards to transitioning from one arc. to the next. Thus, another learning experience for me to learn from.

So, again, I appreciate bringing this to my attention as it will serve as a learning experance for the things to come.

One thing I want to point out real quick in regards to the review you left me. While it is true Touma appears quite cannon thus far, I want to remind you that Touma has yet to fully sink himself into the muck we know as the Dark-Side. He dipped his toes into it during the ORDER arc, so its to be expected that he's still largely the same in this one.

As time progresses, though, you will see more of a change in him; but its gradual oppose to being erratic. You'll see the more badass Touma, you'll see the side we see in New Testament in time; just give it a few arcs.



Can't see it just yet, but I will soon enough.

Most likely; now that she knows a few more things about Touma that were previously unknown before.

That.....may happen somewhere down the line. Not sure when it'll happen though, but it will I assure you.

Kinda how I felt in regards to this chapter; it had a slow start and I kinda had to drag it along until it became what it is now.

So long as this big schocker doesn't involve Mugino wearing a collar; I'm game.
Yeah, comparing this Touma to the NT one is probably not doable right now. He's still too damn innocent for that... boo.

I swear to god, if 'To Ascend' comes out with a chapter where Mugino wears a collar, I'll lose it completely and break down in hysterics. At least in To Ascend, that would be a genuine option hehe.(I won't complain. *wink*)

Although, I seem to remember a fanfic where Mugino becomes an S in a chapter, but I can't recall the name. It was rather funny.
furaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 06:14   Link #5699
omega253
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
I swear to god, if 'To Ascend' comes out with a chapter where Mugino wears a collar, I'll lose it completely and break down in hysterics. At least in To Ascend, that would be a genuine option hehe.(I won't complain. *wink*)
Well, that's good to know. I'm worried about Comrade Ferret having an aneurysm, though.

Meanwhile, I have a nutty Evangelion crossover idea.

When Shinji Ikari became the unwilling instigator of Third Impact, he became a human incarnation of God. After reforming the world into what is known as TAMNI canon, our poor Shinji has to try and convince the Church that, no, he is not God and no, he does not want to start a religious crusade!

He's not very convincing, considering that he has the AT Field and uses it in increasingly bizarre ways that everybody keeps labeling as 'Acts of God'.

How's that for bringing the thread back to life?

P.S. I just noticed that this thread finally has the tag 'fanfiction' alongside 'crack'.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 06:48   Link #5700
furaiz
Reason is Omniscient
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Void
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Well, that's good to know. I'm worried about Comrade Ferret having an aneurysm, though.

Meanwhile, I have a nutty Evangelion crossover idea.

When Shinji Ikari became the unwilling instigator of Third Impact, he became a human incarnation of God. After reforming the world into what is known as TAMNI canon, our poor Shinji has to try and convince the Church that, no, he is not God and no, he does not want to start a religious crusade!

He's not very convincing, considering that he has the AT Field and uses it in increasingly bizarre ways that everybody keeps labeling as 'Acts of God'.

How's that for bringing the thread back to life?

P.S. I just noticed that this thread finally has the tag 'fanfiction' alongside 'crack'.
Yes... I felt that it needed the actual 'FANFICTION' tag, because it so obviously was a fanfiction thread in general...

I literally faceplanted on my keyboard when I saw that it wasn't even a tag... Crack does fit though.

And as for Mugino getting a collar, I can somehow see her looking up Touma's birthday, and popping out of a cake, to take it to the extreme, just like canon Mugino goes completely mental, except in a extremely messy way. But of course even the To Ascend Mugino is definitely going to force the rest of ITEM to turn up to that particular party, even if they are terrified of the guy.She's definitely still 'Top-Girl' when Touma isn't around I think...

Hey, even if that doesn't make it into the main fic, that's a definite one-shot 'side story' that would be rather humourous. You can always write something like that when you lack the inspiration or drive to add another chapter at some point.

On further thought, that could be a little christmas special... Unwrapping Mugino is a gift, and then some. *Attempts to avoid innuendo like an amateur*

I agree that Comrade Ferret should be kept away from possible aneurysm causers, but if you warn him of explicit Mugino scenes, all is well. ACWOD can't be written by a dead ferret, unless the Magic side has a very good Necromancer we can call out.

By the way, did they ever fix the door that Touma kicked down...
furaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.