AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2014-07-20, 15:15   Link #6581
R.LocK
My turn

...Hey, can someone kick me? I thought I was cured, but now I've got a plotbunny! It's unhealthy! Freaking Kagami's forcing my hand with his latest work!!!!!!!!1111111!!!!

In other words, I've got a cool idea for a fanfic, and I'm probably going to go with it all the way down.

P.S. I think of deleting current chapters of my currently stalled fanfic in a while for reworking, so... take a look at it, and think how bad it is? Prologue won't be touched since it's good for now.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 20:32   Link #6582
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I once mentioned about an idea what if Touma got a part of Holy Right as pieces of it rode IB when IB went back to Touma and formed a new right arm.

I had thought about how to manifest it in a Touma-esque way and came to this conclusion.

Holy right manifesting not as a grand power that allows Touma instantaneous victory. Instead, it is being bogged down by Imagine Breaker which disallows the Holy Right to work at full power. Instead of being granted enough to power to assure victory, Touma gains only enough speed, strength and endurance to match his opponent, but only in his right hand.

I call that ability the Neutral Right, or Equal Right. Not sure which sounds better.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 20:45   Link #6583
Hiss13
Eternal Hospital Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I once mentioned about an idea what if Touma got a part of Holy Right as pieces of it rode IB when IB went back to Touma and formed a new right arm.

I had thought about how to manifest it in a Touma-esque way and came to this conclusion.

Holy right manifesting not as a grand power that allows Touma instantaneous victory. Instead, it is being bogged down by Imagine Breaker which disallows the Holy Right to work at full power. Instead of being granted enough to power to assure victory, Touma gains only enough speed, strength and endurance to match his opponent, but only in his right hand.

I call that ability the Neutral Right, or Equal Right. Not sure which sounds better.
What about Zero Right? That sounds like it fits better.
Old 2014-07-23, 14:21   Link #6584
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post

And as I said in the author's notes; in the conclusion of this chapter is the point in which we can all collectively say:

Now that I have caught up with your fanfic, I'm not sure I should be happy that things are going are about to get interesting, or sad that I have to wait for it to happen.

I'm really enjoying your fanfic so far. Missed it the first time I went through the list of fanfics since the site filters out M titles by default. This scratches my itch of wanting to see Touma interact with ITEM that the light novels haven't satisfied yet.

Can't wait to see Kinuhata's super reaction to Touma's ability.
Old 2014-07-23, 22:38   Link #6585
Hiss13

The more I think about it, the more I realize that the Othinus I have written in my fic has shifted into more or less a gag character whose sole purpose is to create absurd humor based on either the absurd parts about her from the canon or the fact that she is wearing almost nothing. At the same time, Ollerus has become that breath of sanity who is slowly losing it in the face of the above gag character's antics.
Old 2014-07-24, 01:15   Link #6586
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

<.<

>.>

ノ( ^_^ノ)
Spoiler for Touma X Frenda One-Shot Idea:

I'll just leave this here.

How far would you go to save someone...

How much blood would you voluntarily shed for them...

How deep in the muck would you be willing to trek through to reach them...

How long would you remain defiant before submitting to the Darkness that traps them...

Last edited by SmokinFerret88; 2014-07-24 at 01:35.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 01:35   Link #6587
tsunade666

Question IF Touma, Kakine or Accelerator or maybe Shiage is in persona series. What would be their persona. Specially Kakine because the guy can just be anyone and no one.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 01:54   Link #6588
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Question IF Touma, Kakine or Accelerator or maybe Shiage is in persona series. What would be their persona. Specially Kakine because the guy can just be anyone and no one.
Im not really interested in the persona Verse but i will make a guess:
shiage: the Joker or the thief
Kakine: the king
Accel: the death or the magician
Touma: the knight
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 02:05   Link #6589
tsunade666

Major arcana.

Shiage fool arcana? Kakine emperor? Accel death or magician and Touma as chariot or strength?

I think Accel can also be hanged arcana with his guilt conscience.

Old 2014-07-24, 02:29   Link #6590
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

Hmm... in terms of Major Arcana, I'm guessing it would vary depending on the time that you classify them.

Accelerator can be considered to be part of the Hunger Arcana before coming being beaten by Touma the first time, then afterwards he could be considered to be of the Hanged Arcana. Shiage on the other hand can be of the Magician Arcana in the beginning before becoming part of ITEM (although I'm mainly choosing that due to a form of initial immaturity that the Magician Arcana is sometimes known for) but post joining ITEM, I suppose you could consider him either of the Lover's Arcana or the Strength Arcana (again, I'm not too sure).

Kakine is definitely part of the Emperor Arcana.

Touma... he basically fit the Fool Arcana post memory wipe. By New Testament, for a good portion of it, he seems to match the Hermit Arcana given that he did quite a bit of introspection in the arcs that followed.

Meh. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it.
Old 2014-07-24, 15:23   Link #6591
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Spoiler for KITTIES WANT A SECOND DOSE OF CRACKNIP:

I'm concerned about the fact this chapter is one-third done, but is almost as long as the first already...

I can't wait to write the DDR duel between Saten and Kuroyoru, with Worst and Uiharu cheer-leading. Oh shit, said too much already

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 15:34   Link #6592
Neutral

The original Kakine is definitely the Emperor Arcana, with him attempting to be on top and in control. In Persona's Arcana, he also represents the Hunger Arcana, a person consumed by his desire for power, prestige, and recognition.The current Kakine exhibits traits befitting the Empress Arcana, which is not really far of because of his currently genderless nature, with his desire to nurture and protect the ones he cared about. Kakine's ability to reproduce more copies of him is also symbolic to the Empress' trait of maternity and pregnancy, basically procreation.

Accelerator pre-headshot is symbolically the Tower Arcana, representing someone falling from grace, with him musing that it must be time for him to retire from being the strongest. He also exhibit traits from the Hanged Man Arcana, representing both sacrifice and enlightenment, sacrifice for him to take the burden of villain who bloodies his hands, and enlightenment for realizing that his view of heroes and villains are immature and that no one is beyond redemption and happiness. Finally, he is represented by the Judgement Arcana, representing an end to self-repression, forgiveness/absolution, acceptance of fate and a new start, his reconciliation with Touma can also represent this.

Hamazura primarily represents the Lovers Arcana, symbolizing either romantic attachments (Takitsubou) or mutual agreements (Mugino). It basically shows a deep level of agreement between two parties that can either be platonic or romantic. Also, as Atrum023 stated, Shiage represents the Magician Arcana, but I still believe that he still does. He is the powerless one in the list, with him having to harness his talent, knowledge, determination and creativity just to get by, the only trait that Hamazura doesn't share with the Magician is the unwillingness to take risks.

The Chariot represents Touma, with the traits self-reliance, righteousness, conviction and plain hard work being shared by the Arcana and Touma, the reversed Chariot also represents Touma, with his preference to rely mostly on himself and disregarding the potential aid others might give him. He is also definitely the Fool Arcana, with him being the wild card, or spontaneity and impulsiveness if you will, in every situation. The Fool Arcana also represents inexperience, freedom and creativity, with him doing things the way he prefers, but hampered with the fact that he is being manipulated by forces beyond his control. Through the observation of various characters in the series, Touma also represents the Moon Arcana, with him wishing to be able to save everybody without committing more or furthering tragedies and sacrifices, which led to Birdway calling him insane. The Moon Arcana also carries the trait of self-doubt, fear and anxiety, feelings that were most prominent in the last two volumes. Finally, as Atrum023 stated, Touma recently gained the traits of the Hermit Arcana, the arcana that represents someone who has learned a very valuable life lesson through hardship, but having the trait self-isolation and refusal to accept aid from others as the reversed Hermit. He also represents the reversed Wheel of Fortune, which is basically bad luck at every turn.

All characters above represent Death Arcana, both literal death and figurative, where the figurative meaning represents both an end of a cycle and the beginning of a new one, basically either renewal and/or metamorphosis. Touma's first "death" is when he lost his memories, which is the moment he entered a new cycle of his life where he is faced by problems on a global scale. Accelerator's metaphorical death comes twice, first when he is defeated by Touma in v3 and the second was when he was shot in the head. Both instances allowed him to change internally and psychologically, with him changing from being a monster, then to demon, finally to an angel. Kakine's death is a literal one, his physical body is mutilated, but the destruction of the physical body allowed him to evolve his powers to what he is now. His second death is when the Beetle05 conquered the persona of Dark Kakine, assuming the role primary of the primary personality. Hamazura's Death technically isn't a personal one, but the near-dissolution of Skill Out and his failure as the succeeding leader is a representation to the reversed Death Arcana, the failure to adapt to change. If anything else, Hamazura also effected the change within the dynamics of ITEM, particularly the pscyhe of Mugino
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
Im not really interested in the persona Verse but i will make a guess:
shiage: the Joker or the thief
Kakine: the king
Accel: the death or the magician
Touma: the knight
What? There are no Kings, Jokers and Knights in the Major Arcana or the Minor ones. Are you combining chess with tarot, lol.
Neutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 15:51   Link #6593
Hiss13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Spoiler for KITTIES WANT A SECOND DOSE OF CRACKNIP:

I'm concerned about the fact this chapter is one-third done, but is almost as long as the first already...

I can't wait to write the DDR duel between Saten and Kuroyoru, with Worst and Uiharu cheer-leading. Oh shit, said too much already
Best. Pairing. EVER.

Can't wait to your next crackfic.

I love you, man. Keep being awesome.
Old 2014-07-24, 22:15   Link #6594
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
<.<

>.>

ノ( ^_^ノ)
Spoiler for Touma X Frenda One-Shot Idea:

I'll just leave this here.
Damm it SmokinFerret88!
Why are your fanfics so good?

Anyway, here's two crossover fanfics that i found.

A Certain Scientific Angelica

A Gunslinger Girl x Index fanfic.

A Certain Time Traveling Doctor: Toaru Jikan no Tabi no Doctor
A Doctor Who x Index fanfic.
Old 2014-07-25, 03:27   Link #6595
Loremaster

I was thinking of doing an Index x Digimon crossover for fun. So I was wondering guys, what digimon do you think should go with which character?

I thought Guilmon with Touma
And like Gatamon with Mikoto or Renamon

Probably going to think of doing a digmon pair with each level five, including my original rank sixth guy. They gang will still have their powers in normal world, but in the digimon world they don't have them.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-25, 08:04   Link #6596
R.LocK
My turn

Ferret, this's your fault. Okay, now I'm not haunted by this scene. Might not be as good as I imagined...

Spoiler:
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-25, 08:30   Link #6597
tsunade666

Is Frenda and Touma what's in now? but that's not happening in canon because she's in half but then again its fan fiction. Its alway better to have the impossible and different from canon or whatever is popular.

I'm all up for more FrendaxTouma.

Old 2014-07-27, 02:15   Link #6598
Loremaster

Trying figure good partners for characters is harder then I thought. But what I got so far are these ones. For the Digimon/RailDex collaboration.

Tamers - Digimon
Mikoto - Renamon
Saten - Salamon
Touma - Guilmon
Sogiita - Terriamon
Kakine - BlackArgumon
Itsuiwa - Elecmon
Oc - Gaomon
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 04:43   Link #6599
LevelSeven

Quote:
What? There are no Kings, Jokers and Knights in the Major Arcana or the Minor ones. Are you combining chess with tarot, lol.
like i said, i have little knowledge about the persona verse >_>

BUT
i have a fanfic idea, please guys i want you everyone to be honest was this idea ever made before? :
btw, it has mostly pairings...

the story is a "couple" story, touma x misaka, accel x misaki, kakine x mugino, gunha x awatsuki, shiage x takitsubo...
Spoiler for idea:
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 06:48   Link #6600
tsunade666

couple story again...? why? why can't I find some grim dark story like Touma created artificially to house IB and is a modified human that is being lock inside the windowless building. Body based on his egg cell donor mother(fraulein) and modified sperm cells for genetically engineered being. Kept in cell. Trained to kill. Trained to fight. Trained in military tactical way. Learned using testament to input directly to brain cells for fast learning. Under direct control of Alleister.

Those type of story?

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction