AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2009-11-20, 14:20   Link #281
eiyuu99

Perhaps the author is playing the "missing memories" card?

Furthermore, Accelerator doesn't fire off one attack at a time.
One certain magician already showed that it is possible to bypass IB's defenses.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 18:09   Link #282
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
that's not what an actual "rail gun" does, and chances are the author messed up that point too
Is Mikoto Railgun the one who doesn't have the freaking recoil
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 23:40   Link #283
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
except he can't block accelerator's attacks or else he would laugh off the flying steel objects

whichever way you look at it, bottom line is there is an inconsistency between accelerator and rail gun
Unless we look at it this way:
Touma's IB functions by producing the opposite of whatever power it comes into contact with, in essence an anti-power.

So Mikoto's RG is stopped by creating a magnetic field that eliminates the propulsion.

However, for Accelerator's power, he manipulates the vector. That's something more of an instant use thing at the time he touches it. So there's nothing for IB to work against.
Old 2009-11-21, 01:13   Link #284
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Unless we look at it this way:
Touma's IB functions by producing the opposite of whatever power it comes into contact with, in essence an anti-power.

So Mikoto's RG is stopped by creating a magnetic field that eliminates the propulsion.

However, for Accelerator's power, he manipulates the vector. That's something more of an instant use thing at the time he touches it. So there's nothing for IB to work against.
Well the latest Railgun ep clarifies how Espers do the stuff they do. Basically they replace reality with their own personal reality.

Thus Imagine Breaker as Touma would put it "kill their delusions".
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 04:15   Link #285
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well the latest Railgun ep clarifies how Espers do the stuff they do. Basically they replace reality with their own personal reality.

Thus Imagine Breaker as Touma would put it "kill their delusions".
So the words "I reject your reality and substitute my own" was true after all... at least for the ToAruVerse.

Somehow I feel Touma's existence is a very, very good thing. As in, he musn't cease to exist.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 04:49   Link #286
LastResolve

btw is his whole right hand resistand to Esper powers and Magic or just his palm?
Old 2009-11-21, 06:16   Link #287
Ashaman

I think it's his whole hand, from the wrist up.
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 11:58   Link #288
Miraluka
Banned

Touma has his enemies in his right hand like a monkey in the palm of Buda
Old 2009-11-25, 07:14   Link #289
tsunade666

I think its only his wrist. Remember when his battle against accelerator. When his imagining the point when he blocks accelerators attack. He can manage to block it but if he touch his arms then his doom. So its only his whole right fist. That's his imagine breaker. Its like a gloves just what tsuchimikado shows in episode of angel fall. With shinning hand gloves.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 07:43   Link #290
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
So the words "I reject your reality and substitute my own" was true after all... at least for the ToAruVerse.

Somehow I feel Touma's existence is a very, very good thing. As in, he musn't cease to exist.
Both magic and ESP requires imagination. ESP imagine their own reality to replace the current. Magicians use words to focus their imagination to shape the current reality.

Touma breaks their imagination. That is why touma's power is caused imagine breaker. If level 0 of imagine breaker is just the right hand, imagine (lol) a level 5 imagine breaker. (He would produce a negation aura big enough to shut down academy city.)
Old 2009-11-25, 08:41   Link #291
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Both magic and ESP requires imagination. ESP imagine their own reality to replace the current. Magicians use words to focus their imagination to shape the current reality.

Touma breaks their imagination. That is why touma's power is caused imagine breaker. If level 0 of imagine breaker is just the right hand, imagine (lol) a level 5 imagine breaker. (He would produce a negation aura big enough to shut down academy city.)
And since he does not have control over his ability as a Level 0, having Touma in anywhere as a Level 5 would automatically deny the existence of espers and magic themselves within his vicinity.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 10:35   Link #292
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
And since he does not have control over his ability as a Level 0, having Touma in anywhere as a Level 5 would automatically deny the existence of espers and magic themselves within his vicinity.
Interesting way to put it if applied to Aisa Himegami. Her ability Deep Blood supposedly kills vampires instantly. But according to Aleister the existence of vampires has never been comfirmed.

Like Touma her ability is pretty much useless ordinarily.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 10:49   Link #293
tsunade666

about aisa's ability deep blood its not like it would kill the vampire at sight immediately. It needs to be sucked first.

It may have some similarities but its different in some way the imagine breaker is more important. If the deep blood proves vampire exist then what does imagine breaker proves? that's the undying message of crowley that until now their is still no answer.
Old 2009-11-25, 12:22   Link #294
eiyuu99

Proves it breaks the "illusions" caused by mages/psychics
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 18:01   Link #295
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I don't think there's a level per se for Imagine Breaker. The meter calls him a level 0 because by design his power cannot be detected.

Wide negation auras are just plain broken. It's no longer a fight if you can get something like that to happen. Perhaps the end of the story is to have his Imagine Breaker span the planet and end the fantasy for everyone (sorry, Hyouka).

If that happens, we essentially have an anti-god of sorts that smites any naturally-occuring power he doesn't like instead of granting them.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 22:11   Link #296
tsunade666

his turning into a god's slayer.
Old 2009-11-25, 22:19   Link #297
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
thats pretty much what i was thinking that the only reason he is L0 is because he cant control it but i was thinking along the lines that if he could control it he would be able to launch attacks at espers/mages/alchemist and affect their power with out touching them. sort of an attack like mikotos rail gun.
Old 2009-11-25, 22:31   Link #298
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
his turning into a god's slayer.
Thats something that I have in mind, Imagine Breaker existence is the prove of the existence of something beyond espers/magicians in the world, God.
Old 2009-11-26, 00:19   Link #299
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
thats pretty much what i was thinking that the only reason he is L0 is because he cant control it but i was thinking along the lines that if he could control it he would be able to launch attacks at espers/mages/alchemist and affect their power with out touching them. sort of an attack like mikotos rail gun.
Although, he's still for all intents and purposes, just a kid. With ordinary strength.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 01:50   Link #300
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
If he can launch the effect of imagine breaker then the story wouldn't be much interesting as it is now. For me the part that his only normal and the only protected part around him is his fist and he can take mortal damage to the point that their is a chance that he could get killed is interesting.

If he can negate anything far away from him then he will be invincible against the power user types that perform super natural phenomena a.k.a. the esper and magicians.

his fine for me as of now. Though a power is a great sight to behold but the same time it will lower his level for me.