AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-26, 03:40   Link #301
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
If he can launch the effect of imagine breaker then the story wouldn't be much interesting as it is now. For me the part that his only normal and the only protected part around him is his fist and he can take mortal damage to the point that their is a chance that he could get killed is interesting.

If he can negate anything far away from him then he will be invincible against the power user types that perform super natural phenomena a.k.a. the esper and magicians.

his fine for me as of now. Though a power is a great sight to behold but the same time it will lower his level for me.
true bit i would really like to see him at least get control of it in his left hand so at least he could fight better. for me when he fought accelerator and could only punch with his right hand was painful for me to watch. but he should able to turn it on and off
__________________
Full Metal Coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 03:59   Link #302
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
true bit i would really like to see him at least get control of it in his left hand so at least he could fight better. for me when he fought accelerator and could only punch with his right hand was painful for me to watch. but he should able to turn it on and off
painful to watch? well its been downgraded a ton by the anime and even in the manga. His dying their. In the novel his fight with the strong enemies has been all bloody to the point that it makes me think that the imagine breaker probably also provide quick healing for him. I mean even with the frog faced helped recovering from that kind of injury is almost impossible for an ordinary person and touma is a ordinary person.

And the bloody battle just adds the fun for me. love blood baths
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 20:59   Link #303
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Age: 25
no i mean painful to watch as in i box and watching someone just throw punches with their right hand was burning my eyes.
__________________
Full Metal Coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 10:55   Link #304
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
I don't think there's a level per se for Imagine Breaker. The meter calls him a level 0 because by design his power cannot be detected.

Wide negation auras are just plain broken. It's no longer a fight if you can get something like that to happen. Perhaps the end of the story is to have his Imagine Breaker span the planet and end the fantasy for everyone (sorry, Hyouka).

If that happens, we essentially have an anti-god of sorts that smites any naturally-occuring power he doesn't like instead of granting them.
Don't! It would be the end of the world because EVERYONE then has his bad luck! The world doesn't run on luck but it will damn well fail when there's none!!!
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 09:11   Link #305
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
how can you say that the imagine breaker will also deny the luck for others?
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 10:49   Link #306
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Because not even God can operate in a world shrouded by Imagine Breaker?
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 11:00   Link #307
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
*begins humming 'it's the end of the world as we know it'"
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 11:06   Link #308
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
hmm nice one. But I think it should only effect touma because if he loose his bad luck he loose his manly charm ... a.k.a harem.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 14:16   Link #309
eiyuu99
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Why would Touma lose his bad luck, as long he has IB?
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 14:52   Link #310
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
According to Index, Touma's Imagine Breaker has the power to dispel god's fortune.

At least, that's what she thought causes Touma's bad luck.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 21:52   Link #311
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
well the whole imagine breaker denies everything that super natural and all and a god is classified super natural. So anything from it will be denied.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 22:12   Link #312
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
This just dawned on me...

Spoiler for Warhammer40K Logic:
...looks like his bad luck extends to the Inquisition.
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 03:28   Link #313
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
necron ward? necron lord? or Pariah? who are they? ......... I'm not familiar with that stuff because I hate reading stuff even though I'm interested in it..... just so troublesome
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 06:15   Link #314
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
This just dawned on me...

Spoiler for Warhammer40K Logic:
...looks like his bad luck extends to the Inquisition.
Not quite, the Warp is anathema to the C'tan. They can't come into contact with it, because it would destroy them, which is the opposite of Touma, who would destroy a Warp creature merely by touching it.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 06:31   Link #315
eiyuu99
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
well the whole imagine breaker denies everything that super natural and all and a god is classified super natural. So anything from it will be denied.
IB is not very effective against super regenerating effects,
meaning its power of denial is limited.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 06:38   Link #316
longshot
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
can you stop referencing warhammer 40k with touma if he acutally exists in that setting he would be considering nothing more than a imperial guard with the blank ability, and as an imperial guard going against demons, magic, scary space marines gone bad, and good lord DO NOT MAKE ME MENTION THE REST, he wouldn't survive
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 07:04   Link #317
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
IB is not very effective against super regenerating effects,
meaning its power of denial is limited.
*tilts head* Could you explain that a bit further? I haven't read the novel, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 07:53   Link #318
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
I think his talking about innocentius the witch hunting. or pope hunting. The summon of styl from the runes.

Touma erase it but the summon just regenerate itself at same time its been dispel.

And it can withstand the dragon's breath
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 08:01   Link #319
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
Well, yeah, but that's because the magic to revive Inocanteus came from the runes, not the creature itself. Destroying the creature doesn't help if you don't destroy what is reviving it.

And he would have countered Dragon's Breath if he had bothered to touch the feather with his hand, instead of letting it hit his head.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 08:11   Link #320
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Well, yeah, but that's because the magic to revive Inocanteus came from the runes, not the creature itself. Destroying the creature doesn't help if you don't destroy what is reviving it.
Just to add on from the novel, what Index said was that Innocanteus was like the reflection of the moon in the water. Hitting the water would not destroy the reflection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And he would have countered Dragon's Breath if he had bothered to touch the feather with his hand, instead of letting it hit his head.
That's why I didn't like that scene from the anime... In the manga, Touma got hit in the head because he used his right hand to shield Index from most of the feathers, but couldn't reach that last feather in time- So he used his head.

Anyway, Dragon's Breath seems like a continous stream, so like Innocanteus, the magic technically 'regenerates' itself.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.