AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-04-21, 21:59   Link #21
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Why was Soi Fong so damn cute in this episode? @_@
She always is :3...

@episode:
UWAAA... Kira Kakkoiiii~

Bya-chan: Dun't wanna (win)...
Old 2009-04-21, 22:29   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow two episodes just to set up fights between the lower grade guys . This is definitely moving along slowly. At least they are getting there, but wow it does take time.
Old 2009-04-21, 23:03   Link #23
monir
cho~ kakkoii

After the long 6 minutes of recap, the episode starts. Old guy with one eye shut signals his minion to break out the bones just so there will be a chair.

Ladies and gents, grab a seat if you are still standing. It will be a looooooooooooong saga.

How much manga was covered in this episode I wonder. Can't be much. When every freakin' hollow crap starts coming out from the gate to make a point that the 4 pillars are located and attempts to break it with the aid of cool background music for inspiration, we know this fight is here to stay for some time.

With all the dragging going on in the episode that would put even a first class drag-queen to shame, I still was able to enjoy the exchange between Yamichika and the new weird dude with surprisingly beautiful eyes.... yes, I'm ashamed that I've noticed those eyes... I do want to see Ikkaku's fight and Shuhei's. Shuhei's opponent is already taunting him by indicating he will be fighting him at a fuko-taichos level to even the match up.

More fanservice and cleavage. Alas, so much exposure to Halibel's pictures from the Bleach Image thread made the disappointment hit harder at the obvious censorship. I must also say that I saw that coming considering the time-slot this show airs on. We can't let our precious kids learn too much about the bird and the bees this early in their lifespan. Nope, we can't have our future generation complain to their mommies about their shorts that are suddenly too tight. uh-oh.

The anime team did the right thing even at the cost of thousands of disappointed fans who have grown out of the need for telling their mommies about their tight pants.

I think I'll watch a couple of more episodes before deciding if I need to take a break from Bleach. I had to stop watching One Piece pretty much for the same reason. Almost nearing two years of abstinence.... *so proud*

I will stop here with the whining and bitching.
Old 2009-04-21, 23:06   Link #24
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Ladies and gents, grab a seat if you are still standing. It will be a looooooooooooong saga.
Why not to grab a time machine and make the things a little faster...
Old 2009-04-21, 23:09   Link #25
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

In previous episodes, Ichigo + bankai + hollow mask couldn't beat Ulq (no sword).

Now, Ichigo + bankai + no mask is somehow equal to Ulq + sword???

wat!?!?!?
Intranetusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 23:29   Link #26
Jerseykid

it is consistent with bleachness that ichigo becomes stronger with each fight. i'd much prefer some kind of tangible improvement though yeah.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 23:59   Link #27
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Why not to grab a time machine and make the things a little faster...
Kubo's got the time machine detector. He has also got a red button that he isn't afraid to press on. That red button breaks time machine.
Old 2009-04-22, 00:00   Link #28
Full Metal Jackass
Most Senior Member

man on man i was hoping for at least a little action in this ep but alas it seems hopeless. the 5 min intro was a bit much and what is with all the standing around? just go out and start fucking some shit up instead of watching others fight. i might have to take a bleach break and review the SS arc so when i come back i can just watch all this in one go and save myself some torment. it isn't DBZ yet but how much more can the push it?

on a positive note soi fong was look'n good.
Full Metal Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 00:04   Link #29
sayde

At first I was confused as to how the hell Bleach was going to avoid going on another long filler arc after getting so close to the manga. Now everything is clear. Though it's a scary thought, with so many different fights going on at once, I could easily see them being able to stretch this entire battle to last 2 or more consecutive seasons if they wanted to. In fact, I think this is the very first anime I've ever seen with this many battles about to occur simultaneously. Perhaps it's a little *too* much.

Anyways, the worst aspect of the episode was the fact that it didn't actually start until 6 minutes in. The best part was seeing a relatively well animated but brief scene of the beginning of Ichigo vs Ulquiorra. Oh well. Until next week...
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 00:11   Link #30
Bordix

Early part of the episode was good. Then Omaeda had to troll it with his wtfing, though kinda expected since there close to the manga.

other than that, substitute shinigami work diary was pure lulz XD. I can't Imagine Byakuya with those glasses and sakura petals falling all over him.... ( oh wait, I just did )
Old 2009-04-22, 00:13   Link #31
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
I predict that the vice captains fight will last till June.
Old 2009-04-22, 00:17   Link #32
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
other than that, substitute shinigami work diary was pure lulz XD. I can't Imagine Byakuya with those glasses and sakura petals falling all over him.... ( oh wait, I just did )
Yeah, that part was funny. Renji couldn't even finish the proposal before it was firmly rejected by Byakuya-sama.
Old 2009-04-22, 00:44   Link #33
Simon_Lord

Send a message via MSN to Simon_Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I predict that the vice captains fight will last till June.
with some imagination, they could do an entire episode with each pillar fight, and probably 2 more with
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2009-04-22, 02:02   Link #34
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Lord View Post
with some imagination, they could do an entire episode with each pillar fight, and probably 2 more with
Spoiler for spoiler:
I could honestly understand them turning each of the four fights into one episode; the last one though, I hope and expect it to just be one. Again I don't think we can talk in depth about it, but I would fucking pissed if they screwed up another great moment. I was soo angry when they basically screwed Grimmjow owns the Lolis, ever since then I've been weary of what else the anime team can screw up.

Seriously turning the last bit of the last fight into an entire episode totally ruins how awesome it was. But thats not for another bit.

-

Here I was slagging and cursing thinking about all of the shit that the anime team added to these two episodes, and when I look back at the chapters all they did was extend what was already there. Boring episode, I personally thought these chapters were pretty boring except up until the fourth one but it looks like the anime team is hell bent on churning out as much material as they can from them so, as someone said, it could very well be close to June before we are done with them.

The funny thing is, with this material alone, back in the day it only would have lasted two good episodes, now it's being turned into double that, maybe even five. I just wish I could sit down and watch verbatim what was in the manga, and not have to sit through all of the boring extensions that they add, it totally screws up a lot of the pacing.

-

Not to deviate off topic, but I wonder why is that in Japan they haven't grasped the concept of seasons. I live in North America, but I pretty much dont watch TV, still the idea of using yearly seasons, sounds like a genial idea. I can't profess to being a huge anime buff, but whenever I watch Shounen manga based animes, I always notice how the anime team struggles to put something on the air because they can't catch up the manga, and because they have to constantly come up with ways to extend what they can use. Seriously like there has just got to be a better model to this, I could only imagine just how much of a stressfull job it must be to work on something like that constantly having to be under the gun.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 02:55   Link #35
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

That last fight better ends in 5 seconds flat!

Spoiler for manga spoiler joke >.<:
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 03:33   Link #36
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
I know what you mean, I'm not a Soi Fong fan, but something about her in this episode just made me want to really really hug her. (among other things) On the subject of Soi, is it just me or is her voice somehow different? It's been a while since I've heard her talk, but I just don't remember that being her voice.
Lol I like Soi Fon in whatever mood she is
But I understand you there, I loled at her expresion when Omaeda was all confused

Yes you are right, she has different voice now I liked old one more, it suited so much better
If I don't mistake she is voiced by the same person who voiced her young version in Vizards arc
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 04:21   Link #37
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

I was surprised that Ichigo got enough air time to even clash swords, I was blown away by the amount of content in this episode.
Old 2009-04-22, 04:30   Link #38
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
Not to deviate off topic, but I wonder why is that in Japan they haven't grasped the concept of seasons. I live in North America, but I pretty much dont watch TV, still the idea of using yearly seasons, sounds like a genial idea. I can't profess to being a huge anime buff, but whenever I watch Shounen manga based animes, I always notice how the anime team struggles to put something on the air because they can't catch up the manga, and because they have to constantly come up with ways to extend what they can use. Seriously like there has just got to be a better model to this, I could only imagine just how much of a stressfull job it must be to work on something like that constantly having to be under the gun.
I wonder how many anime series have you watched, because most of them follow the seasons model you see on american series.
There are only a few that follow the Bleach model and go on without ever taking a break (actually, Bleach will be forced to take a break soon)
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 05:46   Link #39
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Early part of the episode was good. Then Omaeda had to troll it with his wtfing, though kinda expected since there close to the manga.

I'm kinda suprised that Soi Fon didn't knock Omaeda down back then
I would definetly do it, although her later reaction was also good

I can't believe that Renji really suggested those glasses to him, even I wouldn't wear them
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 07:20   Link #40
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I'm kinda suprised that Soi Fon didn't knock Omaeda down back then
I would definetly do it, although her later reaction was also good

I can't believe that Renji really suggested those glasses to him, even I wouldn't wear them
SoiFong was the one to be blamed. She considers Omaeda a loud, annoying bum and that's why dosn't talk to him. He dosn't wash his hands in the bathroom, y'know <- off topic.
I wonder why she chose him to be her VC. I won't spoil you guys but I like this guy even if his shikai got owned by barehanded Ichigo.

Those golden endings for some time had been just abusing the characters without a bigger purpose.