AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-04-28, 05:48   Link #301
Azncoke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yeah. When they were not even fighting at their hardest. And they were already matching Ace when he was fighting at his hardest.

That's the whole point in a nutshell, really. Ace fighting at his hardest is about equal to Kizaru fighting casually, which basically means Ace is not Admiral level.
Fighting Blackbeard is different from fighting a few rookie, I'm not saying that Ace is admiral level but your underestimating Ace way too much. Just like Kizaru I'm sure the Supernovas wouldn't have been able to injure Ace also.
Azncoke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 06:09   Link #302
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That's not the point I'm trying to make. The point I'm trying to make is that saying 'well, the powers Kizaru displayed when fighting the Novas are about equal to what Ace displayed during his fight with Blackbeard, so they must be equal in power' is a flawed comparison, considering Kizaru was not even fighting at full strength against the Novas, whereas Ace was fighting full strength against Blackbeard.
Old 2009-04-28, 06:40   Link #303
Azncoke123

Quote:
That's not the point I'm trying to make. The point I'm trying to make is that saying 'well, the powers Kizaru displayed when fighting the Novas are about equal to what Ace displayed during his fight with Blackbeard, so they must be equal in power' is a flawed comparison, considering Kizaru was not even fighting at full strength against the Novas, whereas Ace was fighting full strength against Blackbeard.
The point I was trying to make is fighting a new Novas is different than fighting Blackbeard. Ace could of beaten the Novas with no trouble at all. I'm pretty sure even if Kizaru fights Blackbeard he would lose also, from what we have seen Blackbeard not only has a strong DF but also has a strong physical endurance and strength.
Azncoke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 07:23   Link #304
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I know that, but the powers Kizaru displayed -not the enemies, the powers- were on the same level as what Ace displayed against Blackbeard. The difference is that Ace was fighting at full power. Kizaru wasn't.

Ergo, Kizaru's half-assed powers are on the same level as Ace at full power. Ergo, Ace is definitely not admiral level.
Old 2009-04-28, 11:07   Link #305
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
But Kizaru had no reason to go all out since he was just fighting supernovas (vs Rayleigh I assume he did, but when I think about it now we didn't see him try anything fancy), while it's very unlikely that Ace held back against Blackbeard. At any rate, it's not really possible to compare them properly at this point. There's no way to tell how Kizaru would compare to Blackbeard. Personally I don't think Ace is quite at admiral level yet. Kizaru vs Ace would probably end up in a draw though since they can't really touch eachother, unless one of them manages to exploit some sort of weakness, or has a haki advantage.
Well, thats why I mentioned that the comom shonen way should make Kizaru stronger than Ace, those type of "villains" usually don't go all out until is their time to be defeated.

In the case of Ace (and I hate saying this) he is the type of character that is mostly used to stablish other character powers
Old 2009-04-28, 14:02   Link #306
syler321

i defintly agree and disagree about some of the stuff beaing said about ace power.

im pretty sure ace power is much strong then any rookie power around,but dont put the rookies in blackbeard lever of power cos they r simply to diffrent level,ace is more on the power level of blackbeard and the other shibubukai but he is defintly not at the same level power as the admirals such as kizaru and ayokiji.

i dont think all of the shibubukai memebers are at the same power level as the admirals but im pretty sure mihawk and kuma are at those level from the shibubukai members....
mihawk and kuma i think are the most strongest shibubukai now,kuma kicked Urouge ass when they met in the shabody park ark,and dont forget that guy kizaru cousin he took down luffy with out any problem,and then kuma came and did his if u go on a vacation thing...
syler321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 14:17   Link #307
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post
kuma kicked Urouge ass when they met in the shabody park ark
That wasn't Kuma who was beating up Urouge. That was a pacifista.
Old 2009-04-28, 14:30   Link #308
syler321

ur right blackbeard d kuma...

i just noticed it was a pacafista,so the original kuma wasnt there when kizaru came?

that makes sence i guess,original kuma would have probably use the paw paw and teleportation more....
Old 2009-04-28, 14:57   Link #309
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
i just noticed it was a pacafista,so the original kuma wasnt there when kizaru came?

that makes sence i guess,original kuma would have probably use the paw paw and teleportation more....
It's still debatable if the Pacifista that confronted Kidd and Law was Kuma or not. It's hard to tell since we didn't get to see that Pacifista's palms. None of the pacifistas have paw prints on their hands, so that automatically serves as an indication that none of them are Kuma.
Old 2009-04-28, 15:41   Link #310
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
ur right blackbeard d kuma...

I haven't checked to make sure before posting, but i'm pretty sure the pacifista that attacked Kidd and Law didn't have the bible.

I think that's definitely signature.

But you know I'm pretty darn sure that Kidd and Law were able to beat that pacifista anyway: remember: Kidd is a Magnet man, so...I mean: he'd just turn the robot into scrap metal.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 16:09   Link #311
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
I haven't checked to make sure before posting, but i'm pretty sure the pacifista that attacked Kidd and Law didn't have the bible.

I think that's definitely signature.

But you know I'm pretty darn sure that Kidd and Law were able to beat that pacifista anyway: remember: Kidd is a Magnet man, so...I mean: he'd just turn the robot into scrap metal.
The thing is though, is that whenever Kuma fights, he puts away his Bible. As soon as that pacifista landed where Kidd was, it shot a laser at him either from its mouth or hand (it didn't show where the laser come from). In other words, it was already in combat mode; so if that really was Kuma, it would explain the absence of his Bible.

Besides carrying the Bible, another easy way to distinguish a Pacifista from Kuma is by its speech. Ostensibly, from what we've seen, a pacifista only speaks out the names of its targets; whereas Kuma is actually able to speak like a normal person (using complete sentences or what have you).
Old 2009-04-28, 16:29   Link #312
syler321

then a pacafista is what kid and law fought againts...
it only said the name of law and shoot a beam,so the real kuma is the kuma that came after kizaru and everything,the one that sent the straw hats to with his paws was the real kuma cos he talked with zorro he told him,"if ud like to go on a vacation where would u like to go?"

so i guess all the other kumas that came on the island were just pacifistas...
Old 2009-04-28, 16:41   Link #313
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
then a pacafista is what kid and law fought againts...
it only said the name of law and shoot a beam,so the real kuma is the kuma that came after kizaru and everything,the one that sent the straw hats to with his paws was the real kuma cos he talked with zorro he told him,"if ud like to go on a vacation where would u like to go?"

so i guess all the other kumas that came on the island were just pacifistas...
I'm also pretty sure that it was a pacifista that Kidd and Law went up against, considering all of the reasons we've been discussing. Kidd and Law are two supernovas who are sure to meet Luffy again sometime in the New World (they also seem like the two most important ones). If they were to confront the real Kuma, well, let's just say that they wouldn't meet a very pleasant end since Kuma could easily dispose of them. Since the mannerisms of the pacifista they encountered seemed more like a standard pacifista than the real Kuma, I like to believe that Kidd and Law made scrap metal out of it (especially with Kidd's magnetism abilities). Only then, would they be able to continue on their journey into the New World.
Old 2009-04-28, 16:50   Link #314
syler321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'm also pretty sure that it was a pacifista that Kidd and Law went up against, considering all of the reasons we've been discussing. Kidd and Law are two supernovas who are sure to meet Luffy again sometime in the New World (they also seem like the two most important ones). If they were to confront the real Kuma, well, let's just say that they wouldn't meet a very pleasant end since Kuma could easily dispose of them. Since the mannerisms of the pacifista they encountered seemed more like a standard pacifista than the real Kuma, I like to believe that Kidd and Law made scrap metal out of it (especially with Kidd's magnetism abilities). Only then, would they be able to continue on their journey into the New World.

coudnt agree with u more...

when ever the new world arc is gonna begin,probably after the straw hats reunite,and the hole whitebeard pirates vs the royal shibubukai thing...

what do u think is gonna happen? is it going to be luffy againts everybody he meets?
i realy think making an episode or 2 of each charcter from the supernovas and to show who they beat in order to go to the new world will be realy cool,i realy like the side episodes that tells about a charcted like they did the liar liar episode in the skypia arc with calagra,it was a realyy cool arc...

also mihawk and zorro,luffy and shanks those 4 has to meet at some point right?
what about showing some info about kaidou sence he is teh only yanoku we dont know nothing about him expect that he fought againts a moria,but we know moria is not on that kind of level sence luffy kicked his ass...

so what do u guys thing the next arcs gonna be about?
Old 2009-04-28, 17:09   Link #315
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
what do u think is gonna happen? is it going to be luffy againts everybody he meets?
I don't think the subsequent arcs will be like this in the New World. It would take forever if Luffy has to face all of the adversaries that stand in the way of the strawhats. Not only that, but it would start to really get boring and repetitive if Luffy beats everyone all the time. There are plenty of ways for Oda to mix things up and make things interesting. I have faith he'll do a good job in the New World with how the enemies are handled.

Quote:
what about showing some info about kaidou sence he is teh only yanoku we dont know nothing about him expect that he fought againts a moria,but we know moria is not on that kind of level sence luffy kicked his ass...
You said it yourself, we do know a little about Kaidou so far (defeating Moria in the past and recently trying to stop Whitebeard from going to Marine Headquarters to engage in war). It's the fourth emperor we know absolutely nothing about (not even a name).

Quote:
so what do u guys thing the next arcs gonna be about?
This is really anyone's guess. It all depends on the outcome of this upcoming war, I think. Things are drastically going to change regardless of who wins.
Old 2009-04-28, 17:36   Link #316
Perona

I really hope this war is not going to end badly =/ Though some of you people said that Whitebeard might die during/after the war I really want him to die as well, old man has been living to long xD *gets shot*

I'm really curious though on what is in the new world and what awaits there and also who the hell is the fourth yonkou, imagine it's a woman?! lol I should stop right there xD but that would be cool, we need other females who can match up those monsters Dx

My god I'm extremely bored, I need to find something to do...
Perona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 17:57   Link #317
syler321

well they showed a picture of the 4th yanokou and all of them are men...
Old 2009-04-28, 18:02   Link #318
james0246

^It could have just been an ugly woman .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 18:05   Link #319
Master Mold
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
Yeah. When they were not even fighting at their hardest. And they were already matching Ace when he was fighting at his hardest.

That's the whole point in a nutshell, really. Ace fighting at his hardest is about equal to Kizaru fighting casually
Oh LMAO! on this hilarious note, I take my leave.

see yall next One Piece week.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 18:19   Link #320
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I don't think the subsequent arcs will be like this in the New World. It would take forever if Luffy has to face all of the adversaries that stand in the way of the strawhats. Not only that, but it would start to really get boring and repetitive if Luffy beats everyone all the time. There are plenty of ways for Oda to mix things up and make things interesting. I have faith he'll do a good job in the New World with how the enemies are handled.
Hmm, desires for the future arcs...Luffy needs to defeat at least 4 Shichibuka (He already has 2 )i; 1 Yonkou; 1 Admiral (Akainu anyone?); and a few Enel level characters all before the end. In other words, at least another 500 chapters, especially considering I have no idea how Luffy is going to be able to meet my 'demands' .

That being said, in regards to the Kidd v. Pacifista/Kuma discussion, I just want to make one point, we are not sure if Kidd's power would actually effect whatever the armor on the Pacifistas/Kuma is made of. It could be a specific alloy that is heavily resistent to magnetism, and consequently outside of Kidd's control. That being said, extreme magnetic fields can distort light waves/particles, so it is possible that Kidd could create a large magnetic field, which could nullify a Pacifistas/Kuma's lazer capabilities.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote