AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-04-24, 00:30   Link #141
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Does elder nyon know SH beat moria no she does not since the WG want it that way . Moria is there still cause they don't want to lose another warlord so fast.
So you're saying that a supernova level pirate is stronger than a lower-tier warlord? If that's the case, Oda hasn't done a very good job of showing that the shichibukai are equal to the MHQ in power.
Old 2009-04-24, 00:37   Link #142
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
How can you say an ADMIRAL is greater then Hancock when we have yet to see her fight? That is conflicting with what you where discussing with me in the last Chapter thread James.
Whoa...Whoa...Whoa...Whoa...wait a minute here...I have talked to you before?...Did you have a different name at the time? Because, while I remember the conversation you are mentioning, I do not remember your name at all.

That being said, despite my appreciation for Hancock, I seriously doubt she can do much to an Admiral. The Admirals, Whitebeard, and Mihawk are the only truly known powers in the One Piece universe (and the latter two are only known powers due to their titles). While I like Hancock, and I expect she will be stronger than any of us gave her credit for, I seriously doubt she will be able to match-up against the true elite of the One Piece universe (the fact that she doesn't want to betray the WG, even though they have beaten, enslaved, raped her, pillage her land, and then gave her the Shichibukai title (which she fears losing), kind of implies she is not as powerful as the aforementioned elite).

(Sorry to say, the rest of your comments seemed hypocritical to me, so I have given up on the discussion. Take it as a victory if you want...)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 00:46   Link #143
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Whoa...Whoa...Whoa...wait a minute here...I have talked to you before?...Did you have a different name at the time? Because, while I remember the conversation you are mentioning, I do not remember your name at all.
I......am.....JINBEI!
DON!

Quote:
That being said, despite my appreciation for Hancock, I seriously doubt she can do much to an Admiral. The Admirals, Whitebeard, and Mihawk are the only truly known powers in the One Piece universe (and the latter two are only known powers due to their titles). While I like Hancock, and I expect she will be stronger than any of us gave her credit for, I seriously doubt she will be able to match-up against the true elite of the One Piece universe (the fact that she doesn't want to betray the WG, even though they have beaten, enslaved, raped her, pillage her land, and then gave her the Shichibukai title (which she fears losing), kind of implies she is not as powerful as the aforementioned elite).
Your a low key hypocrite.

IIRC Boa wasn't going to war if it wasn't for Luffy and Oda killing her character.

I agree she ain't nothing (meaning not stronger) compared to Whitebeard, Mihawk, Blackbeard and Doflamingo Aokiji from a story point. I don't know about the other seven armed seas and admirals tho.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-04-24 at 00:56.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 00:54   Link #144
andy

Quote:
Whoa...Whoa...Whoa...Whoa...wait a minute here...I have talked to you before?...Did you have a different name at the time? Because, while I remember the conversation you are mentioning, I do not remember your name at all.

(Sorry to say, the rest of your comments seemed hypocritical to me, so I have given up on the discussion. Take it as a victory if you want...)

HUH ???? What are you talking about she did not even want to go war , luffy was the only reason she left . She does not fear losing the title it was elder nyon telling her if she does not go they might have attack there home. Also when was it mention that they attack her home .

[/QUOTE]I agree she ain't nothing (meaning not stronger) compared to Whitebeard, Mihawk, Blackbeard and Doflamingo Aokiji from a story point. I don't know about the other seven armed seas and admirals[/QUOTE]

you should not say doflamingo in there cause we don't how strong he is just like handcock but we did know the head of the WG said she was strong. If fact handcock is super broke all she had to do was stand in font a VA and he had stab him self so he won't turn to stone. She like perfect person to take out weaker people. (should be note that handhock is one of other people we saw with haki and we saw what shanks did with that when he went of WB ship to the weaklings ) NOT saying she super strong or anything just saying something .

Last edited by andy; 2009-04-24 at 01:06.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 01:01   Link #145
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
you should not say doflamingo in there cause we don't how strong he is just like handcock but we did know the head of the WG said she was strong.
From what we know? Doflamingo is hyped to be one of the top tier Seven Armed Seas. While Hancock at this point ain't, even if she was revealed to posses the Kings Haki.
Old 2009-04-24, 01:15   Link #146
andy

Quote:
From what we know? Doflamingo is hyped to be one of the top tier Seven Armed Seas. While Hancock at this point ain't, even if she was revealed to posses the Kings Haki.
If you don't mind can you tell me all i have see from doflamingo is that he can control people but i am not certain how that works( for all we know you have to be in certain distant ,have weak will power etc etc) Had a very high bounty but that not only about strong you are and he use run a slave house. Also does not fear going war with WB or this could be because he does not to lose his warlord stats. Or maybe perfect time help make new age come.

While for handcock we know head WG said she was stong .
Can use king haki .( haki has show to make people faint , making things stronger, also might allow you to hit logia user not certain about this or at least hit away there attacks )
They made here a warlord almost as soon as turn a pirate.
Turn whole bunch of weaklings to stone just looking at her.
Made a VA stab his hand just so he could not turn to stone.
Does not fear WG since she did not feel like going to war .( or going war with WB since she end up doing it any way )

Last edited by andy; 2009-04-24 at 01:26.
Old 2009-04-24, 01:42   Link #147
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
If you don't mind can you tell me all i have see from doflamingo is that he can control people but i am not certain how that works( for all we know you have to be in certain distant ,have weak will power etc etc) Had a very high bounty but that not only about strong you are and he use run a slave house. Also does not fear going war with WB or this could be because he does not to lose his warlord stats. Or maybe perfect time help make new age come.

While for handcock we know head WG said she was stong .
Can use king haki .( haki has show to make people faint , making things stronger, also might allow you to hit logia user not certain about this or at least hit away there attacks )
They made here a warlord almost as soon as turn a pirate.
Turn whole bunch of weaklings to stone just looking at her.
Made a VA stab his hand just so he could not turn to stone.
Does not fear WG since she did not feel like going to war .( or going war with WB since she end up doing it any way )
With what we know about Doflamingo he should be a High Tier Shichibukai, having the highest bounty shown so far, which is a former bounty at that, and his strength is everything stand, which could most likely mean Doflamingo earned that bounty tho strength/fighting, since he dictates everything with power along with having this power to control people. hell he starts sh8t with high ranking Officals in the Holy Land and Doflamingo is happy to go to war with the strongest force the Yonkou have to offer, and is pushing for his New Era. Hancock having Kings Haki. She also gained a bounty of 80,000,000 (former) in one campaign, and now has the same feelings towards Luffy as do Oda.

From a story point Doflamingo seems to hold more weight then Boa. IMO
Old 2009-04-24, 02:15   Link #148
andy

Quote:
With what we know about Doflamingo he should be a High Tier Shichibukai, having the highest bounty shown so far, which is a former bounty at that, and his strength is everything stand, which could most likely mean Doflamingo earned that bounty tho strength/fighting, since he dictates everything with power along with having this power to control people. hell he starts sh8t with high ranking Officals in the Holy Land and Doflamingo is happy to go to war with the strongest force the Yonkou have to offer, and is pushing for his New Era. Hancock having Kings Haki. She also gained a bounty of 80,000,000 (former) in one campaign, and now has the same feelings towards Luffy as do Oda.

From a story point Doflamingo seems to hold more weight then Boa. IMO
Well if it is IMO for you , i have no problem with that . That type of debate can go on forever so lets leave it there .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
So you're saying that a supernova level pirate is stronger than a lower-tier warlord? If that's the case, Oda hasn't done a very good job of showing that the shichibukai are equal to the MHQ in power.
What are you saying ?
If going by Bounty luffy up there with some of the warlords .
If going buy how strong they are people like kuma already shows how strong they can be . Same for mihawk and Handcock
Some of thoses same supernova pirates could be warlords for EG Handcock one campaign and made her a war lord. (could have been same for croc)

To me Warlords are equal to MHQ, could you see all of the warlords with there crew with MHQ trying to take them down they lose a tons of people
A person like mihawk would destroy so many of there ships it would not be funny.
Kuma would kill some may of them . Hell i see only a Admiral even being close to him
You would only be able to send VA or maybe a rank or 2 below for handcock cause she would turn every body at certain level to stone.
Croc look how many people he had under if he was a full out pirate maybe he made had even more.
JINBEI could alot damage to there ships and kill alot of them since if ships have VA with DF that won't be any help to them.

Your putting down the supernovas there are the next gen if some thing was to happen to a warlord or one 4 emperors one of them might replace him or her . That why Shank gave away his arm he saw luffy as part of the next gen.

Some of them got took out by a Admiral but still how many people in OP world could take one of them even the warlords would have problems with them in a fight. Also part of the warlords job seem to be to crush the next gen before they get to big .Which come back to why the WG send kuma to get rid of luffy also why the Admiral chose to crush whole bunch of them before they can escape.

When you look at it most the warlords , Admirals and 4 emperors have been around a long time . They most likly crush most of the upcoming gen that why both croc and moria was angry at luffy he was upstart and most of them get crush on the grand line or maybe become a sliver medalist waiting for WB to kick the bucket.

Last edited by andy; 2009-04-24 at 03:05.
Old 2009-04-24, 04:42   Link #149
syler321

luffy is at level of power with some others war lords,he did beat crocodile and moria....

but theres still a huge gap of powers between luffy and the others war lords such as - mihawk,kuma,and blackbeard...
all the others im sure he can beat and maybe he will in the next arc on in the imple down arc.

but again those war lord guys are pretty strong,dont forget mihawk was fight shanks who is now a yanuko for ages and he can probably beat him but mihawk dosent care about those stuff...
same goes for kuma who is super strong and blackbeard which we didnt realy see other then the fight he had with ace but im sure if he took him down and started this hole war his pretty strong...
syler321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 05:49   Link #150
AceD
See You En' Tee

There's no doubt about Blackbeard's power really, he will be the main antagonist eventually - and is ultimately Luffy's main rival for the title of Pirate King since they share the same dream
Old 2009-04-24, 07:48   Link #151
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

i can't wait for the ex B.W to be assembled, mr 0 to 3! imagine they have some special combo tt they can execute and wat one piece is lacking is combo attacks. the SH crew has shown the potential for combo attack when they take down pacifista and so i really hope we can see other tag team battle of others. with combined strength and tactics, i believe they are able to take on 1 admiral
ChaosPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 08:50   Link #152
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
funny I felt and did the same at your entire post.
Of course, based on your post pattern I’m not surprised.

Quote:
Consistent with doing the same thing over and over while draging? sure does.
The one doing that is Kubo. Or either you haven’t read this manga, and neither the other 2 Mangas, or you are just replying for the sake of Bashing and Flame bait…Trolling

Quote:
Explain the bold to me, for I feel very action depreived right now.
I don’t need to explain you anything here, if you have lack of knowledge it is not my problem, I’m not going to explain you what “Fun” and “Action” means, go use a dictionary, I think they are not that difficult to use.

Quote:
Really now? is that why Aizen is locked up in a heat box? and most of his forces taken out?
Sorry, but are you saying that Aizen is still trapped in the prison The old man made for him? The last time I read the manga was about some 3 or 4 months ago, if Aizen is still in the same position, then my quote is right on the mark on traveling without moving.

Quote:
How are the fights pointless? you might as well and say all the fights in One Piece are pointless. (You might as well complain about how no one dies in one piece, by biting off there toung, or getting blasted by a nuke. oh yeah that right Oda is the exception.)
Yes they are pointless as they do not serve to character growth or move forward the story, Byakuya fighting a Espada is nothing more than Fanservise, a Bunch of no names fighting Espada, is also Fanservise.

And If you have read my entire post, which you obviously didn’t, in one of my quotes I mentioned that the problem both OP and Bleach had is the lack of Death of Character in the ongoing story. But In OP is more understandable to some degree because it is more of an Adventure series, Bleach however, tries to keep a Serious tone thought, contradicting itself in not having deaths.

Quote:
If you don't like battle mangas stop reading Bleach.
Like I said above, I did stopped reading Bleach some 4 months ago, So you should do the same an stop reading OP if you don’t like quality reading.

Quote:
So me not gobbling up everything Oda does means I'm trolling? I guess them members in the Naruto section are trolling for not like everything that Kishi does in Naruto, same with Kubo and bleach.
NO, using a thread hat has nothing to do with talking about how good the manga is, Bashing the series and comparing it with other Mangas, while making fun of the author in a thread about that series, it is Bashing and Flame baiting, and both are tools used by a Troll.

Quote:
lol members use the word Trolling so much it has lost its meaning. Ive been posting in this One Piece section my whole animesuki career,.
Wow 400 something posts around here?,Quite a career you have in the OP section….

Either way, this debate is funny to say the most about it, I suggest a Mod to come here quickly and move these posts where they actually belong:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=30720

I’m not going to continue wasting my time on you…
Old 2009-04-24, 10:36   Link #153
marvelB

Geez, I miss Buggy and Mr. 3.... I rather enjoy their wacky antics and constant attempts to ditch Luffy. I hope those guys come back soon (as in, "right after the break is over" soon).....

Anyway, now that Croc's with Luffy, I guess he'll be the one to fetch Daz when they backtrack through level 4. Heh, I wonder what he'll think of Inazuma, seeing as they have somewhat similar powers. I'm also still hoping that Hannyabal will get some action, too. If he can waltz through level 5 half-naked with no problem, then he should be strong enough to take on some of these escapees......

Edit: Oh, and lol at Luffy calling Inazuma a crab.

Edit 2: So... according to Croc, he had lost interest in the outside world until he heard about the war (well, that would explain why he didn't escape in the ministory.....). It's also kinda funny to see how quickly Luffy trusted Jinbei (though to be fair, he's still rightfully wary about Crocodile). I suppose he'll tell Luffy about the history between him and Ace in the coming chapters....

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-04-24 at 11:36.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 11:29   Link #154
Xellos-_^
Married

just read the chinese translation and on the bottom of the last page. It mention about 2 more people. So the team is going pick up 2 more members now who are the 2 they want pick up?
Old 2009-04-24, 11:43   Link #155
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
just read the chinese translation and on the bottom of the last page. It mention about 2 more people. So the team is going pick up 2 more members now who are the 2 they want pick up?

I'm pretty sure that's just Inazuma talking about having two Shichibukai in their group. The team is already broken as it is, so I don't think they need any more powerful figures joining them. But then again, we still don't know anything about those lv. 6 prisoners that Iva mentioned before......
Old 2009-04-24, 11:53   Link #156
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm pretty sure that's just Inazuma talking about having two Shichibukai in their group. The team is already broken as it is, so I don't think they need any more powerful figures joining them. But then again, we still don't know anything about those lv. 6 prisoners that Iva mentioned before......
personally i would release all of the prisoners on every level and start a even bigger riot in ID.
Old 2009-04-24, 12:01   Link #157
marvelB

Oh, I've no doubt that there will be a huge riot (it's something I've been expecting to see for a while now)..... but I just doubt that any of those prisoners will be part of Luffy's group, that's all. That is, Team Luffy will take on all the big fish (Magellan, Shiryuu, guardians, etc.) while the rest of the prisoners take out all the small fries. Yes, we should be seeing much chaos ensuing indeed in the coming chapters.....
Old 2009-04-24, 12:06   Link #158
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I was thinking that we will learn, after Whitebeard's death, that those powerful figures had escaped. So, it will be one of the pieces of news that will balance the triumph of Whitebeard's demise.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 13:36   Link #159
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
I was thinking that we will learn, after Whitebeard's death, that those powerful figures had escaped. So, it will be one of the pieces of news that will balance the triumph of Whitebeard's demise.
I'm still skeptical whitebeard is going to be killed, but it would be a nice turn of events.
Old 2009-04-24, 13:42   Link #160
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
What are you saying ?
If going by Bounty luffy up there with some of the warlords .
If going buy how strong they are people like kuma already shows how strong they can be . Same for mihawk and Handcock
Some of thoses same supernova pirates could be warlords for EG Handcock one campaign and made her a war lord. (could have been same for croc)
You should know by now that bounty is not a good indicator of strength. Blackbeard and Chopper are perfect examples of this. It deals mostly with notoriety and threat. Some of those supernovas could be warlords you say? 4 of them were taken out effortlessly by Kizaru. Luffy, who is also a supernova, couldn't even beat one pacifista by himself. How does all of this make them lower-tier warlord level? Unless you think a pacifista would be able to defeat Crocodile or Moria, both of whom you are classifying as weaker than supernova level (since they lost to Luffy), with relative ease (recall that all of the supernovas by themselves couldn't beat the pacifistas).

Quote:
Your putting down the supernovas there are the next gen if some thing was to happen to a warlord or one 4 emperors one of them might replace him or her . That why Shank gave away his arm he saw luffy as part of the next gen.
That's because the supernovas are down there, for the time being (notice I'm saying only for now, but they eventually will rise up). They're all still rookies and at their current states, they clearly don't have the strength to contend with all of these top dogs. Shakky herself even commented that Rayleigh is 100 times stronger than all of them (supernovas). This is probably an exaggeration or saying in the Japanese language, but that statement is there for us readers to know that none of the supernovas come even close to the level of a top-tier guy like Rayleigh. A supernova replacing one of the 4 emperors? That may be possible, but certainly not anytime soon since they are far too weak and lack the experience in comparison to them.

Quote:
Some of them got took out by a Admiral but still how many people in OP world could take one of them even the warlords would have problems with them in a fight.
Hmm....let's see here. Whitebeard, presumably the remaining 3 emperors, Rayleigh, Blackbeard, Mihawk, maybe Kuma and Jimbei (if he uses a lot of sea water based attacks), Sengoku, Garp, and Dragon, are all good candidates for being able to take on and possibly defeat an admiral. Besides these characters, there may be others we don't even know about in the New World that can also hold their own against an admiral.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2009-04-24 at 14:03.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote