AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-21, 08:12   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
[Manga] Chapter 445 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant part of the chapters. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 08:55   Link #2
tkdtiger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Florida
can't wait to read the next chapter : )
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 10:46   Link #3
iBeast
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
heard it was a special chapter.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 10:48   Link #4
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rio
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
heard it was a special chapter.
It got more pages then? Since next week is golden week, i was hoping to see something like that.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 10:52   Link #5
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Spoiler:


all of this isn't confirmed yet.
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 11:00   Link #6
hamstar
just passing by
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Exia
i just want to see what nagato did to the leaf ninjas
__________________
hamstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 12:04   Link #7
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the magical land of Moonswell pass
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
i just want to see what nagato did to the leaf ninjas
I'm thinking that they must now know that splinters are more deadly than they could ever know
__________________

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 12:49   Link #8
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
i just want to see what nagato did to the leaf ninjas
Isn't it obvious, the same thing that he made to the stone chuunin, they most likely died instantly while Nagato didn't remember anything just like Naruto didn't remember anything when the demon takes over.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 16:00   Link #9
Justin Kim
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Isn't it obvious, the same thing that he made to the stone chuunin, they most likely died instantly while Nagato didn't remember anything just like Naruto didn't remember anything when the demon takes over.
Ok I agree, and another logical statement, why waste more pages of Nagato killing Leaf Ninjas-_-. I just want to get to the good part already.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 16:26   Link #10
Tech-Guy
Manga reader
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
mm i found this script for this chapter. it says its 100% confirmed ok here it goes:

Spoiler for script spoilers:
Tech-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 16:48   Link #11
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Is next week golden-week in Japan?...
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 16:56   Link #12
Gamma_Sennin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Look's like we are getting an in depth look at nagato's journey, and if this is the real spoiler then it was indeed yahiko's dream that he is fulfilling... also kishi that meanie is gonna make us wait 2 weeks for the 2nd pain...
Gamma_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 17:41   Link #13
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Ok I agree, and another logical statement, why waste more pages of Nagato killing Leaf Ninjas-_-. I just want to get to the good part already.
Kishi is developing his story by adding some much needed perspective to the villain that has just leveled Konohagakure to the ground. This -is- the good part. Would you rather it be like Bleach, with fights at every corner of a chapter, with no actual sense of development out of the main character, a huge bunch of plotholes and terrible cliffhangers?

Naruto at this moment is one of the superior Shounen. Pain and the sacrifice of Konoha are bringing a new dimension to many shounen readers. The sense of loss. We lost a bunch of loved characters, and why did we miss them after their death? Because they were -worked- on. Comparatively, numerous shounen keep introducing new characters without any sort of closure or ongoing development for the old ones. Those characters disappear out of the story when the main one doesn't need them. It shows one thing: A terrible lack of ability to plan out the story.

In Naruto, secondary characters get their limelight. Not all of them, because there's a bunch, but a lot of them get their own growing phase. This is a -story- and by that, it means there's a thread that runs through it that people can follow. In other words, the plotline. It's there and it's real.

I think it's worth it to keep our cool and patience, this isn't bad writing, as I've read many people write, on the contrary. Naruto is growing, and I'd like to see how, and -why- he grows the way he does. Pain is one of the many steps to that grown-up stage. I, for one, want to see a more mature Naruto, anyone else?
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 17:44   Link #14
FireDetei
Online Gamer.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Sennin View Post
Look's like we are getting an in depth look at nagato's journey, and if this is the real spoiler then it was indeed yahiko's dream that he is fulfilling... also kishi that meanie is gonna make us wait 2 weeks for the 2nd pain...
Think its abit obvious, its because his pet dog died!! Kunai from Konoha none the less!! :P :P
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 17:53   Link #15
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Please don't tell me the second pain was his dog getting killed. It does seem this way since Nagato mentions Yahiko's death and simply taking over his world view. And Naruto is sulking at the end of the spoiler which should mean Nagato's story time is over and he will now give his answer. If this is it, then I don't know what to say.

Kishi is trolling the fandom just like Kubo.
__________________
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 18:27   Link #16
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Yeah, the whole dog thing is pretty weird.

...I guess Nagato/Yahiko saw the dog in a mirror one day and though, "Hey! God!"...so it is all the Dog's fault...damn mutt.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 18:36   Link #17
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Please don't tell me the second pain was his dog getting killed. It does seem this way since Nagato mentions Yahiko's death and simply taking over his world view. And Naruto is sulking at the end of the spoiler which should mean Nagato's story time is over and he will now give his answer. If this is it, then I don't know what to say.

Kishi is trolling the fandom just like Kubo.
Why do you think that a stupid dog would be more important then his friend Yahiko? He got his ideals from Yahiko, but we already knew this from Jiraiya's flashback. Yahiko was the spiritual leader of their team in Jiraiya's flashback and of course Nagato went into rinnegan mode when Yahiko was attacked and not the dog. Also the main Pain body was Yahiko and not a dog lol. There's only one thing that i don't like in this flashback so far: it just states the obvious. But i hope in the next 2 or 3 chapters it will be explained how does the rinnegan work and how did Nagato meet Madara. It must be explained why is Nagato in this pathetic state, why is his body in this armored wheelchair, is this because of Hanzou or someone severely beat his body or because he is sacrificing his body in order to generate insane amounts of chakra to use by Pain, sacrificing his own body to create a god, the dream of his best friend.

And one more thing that i almost forgot: why were the Pain bodies ninjas from Jiraiya's past. My guess is that after Jiraiya left them alone Yahiko wanted to beat too strong ninjas, so soon he died and Nagato went after Jiraiya, followed him secretly, not knowing what should he do with his life, also he followed in secret because he developed a hate for konoha and Jiraiya was a konoha ninja, so Nagato both liked and hated Jiraiya, he wanted to find out if Jiraiya's idealism is the answer to his questions. But of course he concluded that Jiraiya failed and that Jiraiya's only achievment was to kill many ninja on his journey. So he collected the bodies that he think are the victims of hatred and created Pain using them, those bodies represent Nagato's condemnation of Jiraiya's idealism and ideas about the world. BTW the 5 pain bodies are from Jiraiya's book called Naruto, 4 of them beaten by Naruto himself

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2009-04-21 at 18:50.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 20:02   Link #18
Vanitas
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Uranus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Why do you think that a stupid dog would be more important then his friend Yahiko? He got his ideals from Yahiko, but we already knew this from Jiraiya's flashback. Yahiko was the spiritual leader of their team in Jiraiya's flashback and of course Nagato went into rinnegan mode when Yahiko was attacked and not the dog. Also the main Pain body was Yahiko and not a dog lol. There's only one thing that i don't like in this flashback so far: it just states the obvious. But i hope in the next 2 or 3 chapters it will be explained how does the rinnegan work and how did Nagato meet Madara. It must be explained why is Nagato in this pathetic state, why is his body in this armored wheelchair, is this because of Hanzou or someone severely beat his body or because he is sacrificing his body in order to generate insane amounts of chakra to use by Pain, sacrificing his own body to create a god, the dream of his best friend.
True about the 2nd pain most likely being the death of Yahiko, after the murder of Nagato's parents. It may sound stupid to you but if you have ever loved an animal regardless if it be a cat or a dog you treat it as though it were apart of the family and if something tragic happens to that animal the owner's translation is that his friend/family was killed so it may sound like a corny "what-if" possibility for the 2nd pain being the dog's death, but any animal lover with feelings will know how it feels to lose a special pet, and knowing you are never going to be able to hold it or pet it again.
Vanitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 20:17   Link #19
Justin Kim
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
Kishi is developing his story by adding some much needed perspective to the villain that has just leveled Konohagakure to the ground. This -is- the good part. Would you rather it be like Bleach, with fights at every corner of a chapter, with no actual sense of development out of the main character, a huge bunch of plotholes and terrible cliffhangers?

Naruto at this moment is one of the superior Shounen. Pain and the sacrifice of Konoha are bringing a new dimension to many shounen readers. The sense of loss. We lost a bunch of loved characters, and why did we miss them after their death? Because they were -worked- on. Comparatively, numerous shounen keep introducing new characters without any sort of closure or ongoing development for the old ones. Those characters disappear out of the story when the main one doesn't need them. It shows one thing: A terrible lack of ability to plan out the story.

In Naruto, secondary characters get their limelight. Not all of them, because there's a bunch, but a lot of them get their own growing phase. This is a -story- and by that, it means there's a thread that runs through it that people can follow. In other words, the plotline. It's there and it's real.

I think it's worth it to keep our cool and patience, this isn't bad writing, as I've read many people write, on the contrary. Naruto is growing, and I'd like to see how, and -why- he grows the way he does. Pain is one of the many steps to that grown-up stage. I, for one, want to see a more mature Naruto, anyone else?
I didn't imply that I was impatient. But rather, I didn't want to see pages filled with Nagato killing off the Konoha ninja. I mean it's already obvious that he did, when the rinnengan was awakened. So why re-instate the obvious?
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 21:07   Link #20
Lendial
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
oh noes a puppy died! kishi knows my weakness. even if the plot was bad , which it is not id still be won over by the dramatic animal deaths.
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.