AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2009-04-21, 23:06   Link #21
tkdtiger

<sigh> by the time Guy's team arrives everything will be over lol well atleast the story has become more interesting.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 01:07   Link #22
Spicy~Noodles
It's been a while....

Uh, a mammal in general getting killed is always a little traumatic. Like farmers shooting a cow in the face with a shotgun and then shooting flames at its head. Then later, eating the cow. Oh man, seeing even a little cat getting killed is kinda messed up. You know, I just think we shouldn't be so insensitive to life in general. ^^ Everything wants to live, so when it dies, it's sad. I think it's fair to say Kishimoto doesn't discriminate against animals in manga, even they can get their fair screen time. For example Kiba's dog, Nine Tailed Fox, The little bugs, and so on. We should be praising this man.
Spicy~Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 01:12   Link #23
james0246

^What about the poor lizard that Sasuke viciously murdered. Or the innocent Toad that Danzou mercilessly crushed. Kishimoto is discriminating against cold-blooded creatures...This is evil, I say! Evil!!!
j/k
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 01:16   Link #24
Lendial

kishi knows how to please the yaoi fan girls and the anti reptile fanatics.
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 02:24   Link #25
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
I didn't imply that I was impatient. But rather, I didn't want to see pages filled with Nagato killing off the Konoha ninja. I mean it's already obvious that he did, when the rinnengan was awakened. So why re-instate the obvious?
To show how someone with no training, experience and a relatively normal boy could kill two konoha ninjas that look like chuunin's or jounins just from activating the rin'negan the eyes that the Rikkudo Sennin had

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 08:00   Link #26
EoT
~~

Spoilers, credit to Shonensuki

Spoiler for spoiler:
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 10:32   Link #27
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
kishi knows how to please the yaoi fan girls and the anti reptile fanatics.
And how to piss ME off
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 10:33   Link #28
StevOmaru
Thats So CA$H

Now some pieces are starting to fit together. This would confirm my suspicions of how Nagato inherited his "I am a God" attitude. I didn't realize though that Yahiko started thinking like that even before he started getting trained by Jiraiya. This is very interesting... the only thing I want to see now is what happens to the three after Jiraiya leaves. And was the appearance of this dog really necessary?
StevOmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 10:34   Link #29
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post

In Naruto, secondary characters get their limelight. Not all of them, because there's a bunch, but a lot of them get their own growing phase. This is a -story- and by that, it means there's a thread that runs through it that people can follow. In other words, the plotline. It's there and it's real.
They USED to get their limelight. Not so anymore. Shippuden is just a bunch of Naruto, Sasuke, and Akatsuki. Every now and then, someone will feature in a minor way, but never anything serious enough to call limelight.
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 11:02   Link #30
Tech-Guy
Manga reader

couldnt find the actual pics but found a video with it.
here
Tech-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 12:23   Link #31
Spicy~Noodles
It's been a while....

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^What about the poor lizard that Sasuke viciously murdered. Or the innocent Toad that Danzou mercilessly crushed. Kishimoto is discriminating against cold-blooded creatures...This is evil, I say! Evil!!!
j/k
I agree and we should pray for justice to be served because these cruel side characters are truly evil... damn evil... Even a cold-blooded animal doesn't deserve to be murdered in cold blood, they too have a right to life!

Spicy~Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 12:29   Link #32
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

yeh first Manda then the lizard...the evidence is piling up

Last edited by Endrance; 2009-04-22 at 13:04.
Endrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 12:46   Link #33
Ero-Senn1n

I assume that Yahiko died when he was at least 20 years old, that is about 10 years after Jiraiya left them alone. This is true assuming that a Pain body does not age, which means he looks exactly the same from the moment of death. So there should be at least 2 chapters telling what happened after Jiraiya left, 10 years is a lots of time.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 12:52   Link #34
Vanitas
Disabled By Request

The spoiler seems to make it sounds like Yahiko was still a kid when he died
Vanitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 13:21   Link #35
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
The spoiler seems to make it sounds like Yahiko was still a kid when he died
They had the dog before they met with Jiraiya, since there was no dog at the time they met the sannin, and the sannin were given their name at the end of the war, so they couldn't have the dog after they met Jiraiya. So the dog died before they met Jiraiya while Yahiko died after that. Anyway i'm quite sure that dead bodies cannot age, and the Yahiko body looks at least 20 years old.

I think it should be necessary to show how did Nagato kill the 2 konoha ninja or the stone chuunin, because many readers simply do not believe that the rinnegan is the strongest eye of the 3. Jiraiya did say it as a fact, so the actual scene where Nagato kills trained ninja by simply wishing their death would confirm that. I mean nobody can argue that awakening the sharingan or the byakugan can only give a certain amount of advantage against some average ninja, but here we see that with the rinnegan a mere death wish can kill trained ninja. If Obito had the rinnegan instead of the sharingan he would have instanly killed the enemy and he would have survived.

On the other hand sharingan has the greatest potential of evolution/powerup, it's just that if we compare an average rinnegan and an average sharingan the rinnegan clearly wins. The 3 last sharingan users clearly are way above the level of average sharingan, they evolved to MS and EMS which is very rare. So it would be stupid to judge the rinnegan based on the Madara - Nagato relation. Also Kishimoto hints at that making Nagato say that the original rinnegan could create the moon while he created only a meteor-sized thing.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 13:32   Link #36
james0246

I have to say, Yahiko looks like a crazy jerk in this chapter...he also reminds me of Jio Freed from Satan 666 .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 14:18   Link #37
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

Well, what can you expect, from one brother to another...With one imagination shared by two.

Anyways, the spoilers at this point look disappointing. I was expecting something with deeper impact, involving some other important characters, a different storyline...But, trust is something you should never have with Kishi. Let's wait and see what we will get at the end....
Old 2009-04-22, 15:12   Link #38
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
They USED to get their limelight. Not so anymore. Shippuden is just a bunch of Naruto, Sasuke, and Akatsuki. Every now and then, someone will feature in a minor way, but never anything serious enough to call limelight.
Alright, I agree that most characters are underdeveloped, but I'm not sure you can draw that line between Naruto and Shippuden.

What about Shikamaru? I think the Hidan/Kakuza arc was more divelopement than anything he's had yet. Sakura was developed a good bit during the fight with Sasori as well. Although Hinata's confession wasn't really much as far as character developement goes, I hope Kishi will take advantage of it to develope her more... or Sakura... or Naruto.

Yeah everyone had their spot in the limelight in Naruto, but most of it didn't stick or turn those who went to save Sasuke into major characters. I like some of what's been done in Shippuden, but now he's got to focus more on the characters he's toyed with like Shikamaru and drop some of the less important ones.

I really wish Kishi would just pick 6 to 12 characters and really develope them instead of trying to cycle through around 30 giving each one their episode (aka flashbacks) and then dropping them for six months. As it is, yeah, Naruto and Sasuke are about the only ones with a never ending focus and everyone else just gets moments here or there.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 15:29   Link #39
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
To show how someone with no training, experience and a relatively normal boy could kill two konoha ninjas that look like chuunin's or jounins just from activating the rin'negan the eyes that the Rikkudo Sennin had
Really? How about a story in words that's given to Naruto instead of pages filled with Konoha ninja dying at his feet in a mere second. I would rather see how Nagato portrayed his story in words with detailed pictures rather than him going about killing ninjas at his will.
Old 2009-04-22, 15:30   Link #40
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Well we at least know the dog wasn't the second pain. Chapter 446 preview.

"The moment the Pain was born. Next time the biggest Pain."

I just wish Kishi could have showed us in this chapter. The few that wanted a Nagato Gaiden are getting their wish I guess. I just rather get to the point and move on with the plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I have to say, Yahiko looks like a crazy jerk in this chapter...he also reminds me of Jio Freed from Satan 666 .
If Yahiko comes off as a crazy jerk than it will take away any of the sympathy if his death turns out to be the greatest pain. Nagato might end up 0 for 2 in getting people to feel bad for him. Cheer up emo kid.