AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime-Related Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-22, 12:48   Link #161
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
Does the kanon patch work with new version? Also, has anyone ripped the voices from the PSP version of Kanon, so that all the characters are voiced (including the protagonist)?
No. As of now, the Kanon patch does not work with the newest version of Kanon, a.k.a. Kanon ME. The SEEN and map files of the patch are too old for Kanon ME's new version of REALLIVE, and Kanon ME has trouble locating the patch's SEEN files.

About ripping PSP voices and putting them into Kanon ME, that may be a problem too. I haven't tried it, but this new version of REALLIVE will probably rear its ugly head again in such a situation.
Quote:
Also, does anyone know if the version of Tomoyo After included in this box uses the same voice actors from clannad?
I am pretty sure that Tomoyo and Tomoya have the same voice actors as they did from Clannad. Yes, Tomoya is voiced.
This means that no patch that works with the game's ME version exists.
This means that a beta patch exists, and works with the game's ME version, not necessarily flawlessly and without a little dirty work.
Current Statuses of Key 10th Memorial Box's Games and their Patches
Kanon ME - NDT's patch, written for Kanon SE, works with Kanon ME, but only after modifying Kanon ME. Menus are translated but game cannot find NDT's SEEN. Their patch needs a new map that is compatible with Reallive 1.5.9.1. However, there is a way to change Kanon ME into a Kanon SE enviroment so that NDT's patch will get working. See my post below.
AIR ME - no patch exists. There's word of one being compiled from the existing translations at TLWiki.
CLANNAD ME - baka-tsuki's current CLANNAD FV files work with CLANNAD ME, but only after replacing the ME Reallive with a 1.5.0.1 ver. Essentially the same solution as with Kanon, but getting the right files from CLANNAD's SVN can be a little tricky. I got the FV screenshot from http://www.assembla.com/spaces/clannad/documents, replaced all included files with their newest versions, and replaced CLANNAD ME's Reallive. Got the Reallive from hell.
Tomoyo After - no patch exists.
Planetarian ME - insani's patch, written for the download version of Planetarian, does not work with any CD version of Planetarian. When patch is modified to work with original CD release of Planetarian, the modded patch does not work with Planetarian ME. A dialog stating the program's failure to find patch.ui pops up nonstop, and continuously restarts the game. No possible solutions in sight.
Little Busters! Esctacy ME - #fluffy's (?) current beta patch works with Little Busters! Esctacy ME, yielding the same results and problems as installing the patch onto Little Busters! Esctacy (SE). Strangely, when starting the game, a prompt asking to insert the DVD pops up continuosly; it won't go away, even when either of the two LB!EX ME discs are in the computer. The only way to get around this is with a NoDVD patch. #fluffy has stated that they'll make a LB! patch that will work with LB!EX; it won't translate any new content, it'll just stop the glitches that occur when the patch is installed. (This by no means means that they won't translate LB!EX's new content) ::update:: Fluffy's making a patch for LB, then a patch for ME. The ME patch will translate all new/changed content.

If anyone finds more data to update this list with, feel free to notify me.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2010-01-03 at 01:51.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 12:54   Link #162
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Does the kanon patch work with new version? Also, has anyone ripped the voices from the PSP version of Kanon, so that all the characters are voiced (including the protagonist)?
I tried an no, it doesn't. It seems it is using a newer REALIVE.EXE so the patcher refuses to work. I wrote a line to the patch developers about this, but there hasn't been any reply so far. Aw well, I guess my meager Japanese will have to do.

About TA, yes, the VA's are the same.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 20:03   Link #163
sekihoutai

Well, I hope some new sort of patch is produced.

I guess I'm going have to read it untranslated.
sekihoutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 23:58   Link #164
Kudryavka

Testers, please! For people who have Kanon Memorial Editon

I got Kanon ME working with NDT's patch.
Current flaws:
*the cursor won't change to the Kanon custom cursor. I'll try modifying Kanon ME so that NDT's patch's gameexe will recognize Kanon ME's cursor.

1) Install Kanon ME.
2) Install NDT's patch manually! Please do not use the auto patcher, because it won't work!
3) Get a Reallive ver. 1.2.6.8 (use one you have from another VisualArt's game, or PM me for help), and replace Kanon ME's current Reallive with this one.
4) Run Reallive from KANON_ME, and it should be working!

p.s. About using PSP voices on Kanon, I suggest you don't if you're using NDT's patch. NDT supports (supported?) the DC and PS2 Kanon voices with their patch, but will not be supporting the PSP voices. Yeah, you'll have to miss out on Yuuichi's voice, but I think it's worth it rather than a world of trouble.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2010-01-03 at 02:02. Reason: disclaimers? hah!
Old 2009-08-24, 05:59   Link #165
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv150
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Late to the party, but got my full batch.
Since there were already countless number of pictures of the box provided by a lot of people, I guess the jackets and something different might be better

I had a hell time to choose LB covers... (hesitating between the cute ME one, the all heroines one, and the LB gang used here).
Seriously, 5 air covers? that's exaggerated, but well, for completion sake

Here is the gallery with the user book.

Some interesting trivia, as they provided a full chronology (game release, OST, anime etc), a rough gallery, some fan polls and comments from the staff.

I'm not so good with the quote polls, so I will leave it to someone else who can recognize all of them.
For your instance, Misuzu's "goal" quote (said to haruko when she is about to be done) is the first, while lone "goal" is 5th.

Game Ranking:
1) Clannad: 17147 points
2) Little Busters! Ecstasy: 11739 points
3) Air: 4797 points
4) Little Busters!:4069 points
5) Kanon:2743 points

Characters Ranking
01) Sakagami Tomoyo (Clannad / Tomoyo After): 4160 points
02) Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad): 3822 points
03) Tokido Saya (Little Busters! Ecstasy):3315 points
04) Kamio Misuzu (Air): 2938 points
05) Fujibayashi Kyou (Clannad):2782 points
06) Noumi Kudryavka (Little Busters!): 2652 points
07) Natsume Kyousuke(Little Busters!):2392 points
08) Ibuki Fuuko (Clannad): 1833 points
09) Natsume Rin (Little Busters!): 1703 points
10) Futaki Kanata (Little Busters! Ecstasy): 1534 points

I know Kyousuke was that awesome, but I didn't expect him to be among the top10.
Old 2009-08-24, 19:54   Link #166
Proto

Reporting that Komari's guide to get Kanon working does work

Just remember that after downgrading REALLIVE.EXE with the older version you have to run the reallive-patch.exe that comes with the patch archive over the changed lower version before you can get everything working. If you want to edit the window title for it to say Memorial Edition as it originally was just edit your gameexe.ini file under the CAPTION field

I only got a little problem with the cursor where it won't find the game in-cursor and use the default system one. I'll see if I can do something about that...

Last edited by Proto; 2009-08-24 at 20:04.
Old 2009-08-25, 00:08   Link #167
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I only got a little problem with the cursor where it won't find the game in-cursor and use the default system one. I'll see if I can do something about that...
Yeah, that's gonna be a doozy. What happened is, in Kanon SE, the cursor files were MCUR00.PDT and KCUR00.PDT in their own folder. In Kanon ME, that was thrown out the window, and the cursor files were changed to .g00, and put in the .g00 folder with the other game graphics. In other words, the patch and this old Reallive look for the cursor files in a nonexistant folder. A solid solution, someone'll have to convert the mouse files. A cheap solution, download this (a copy of the Kanon SE cursor files) and extract the folder into KANON_ME_ALL.

By the way, if anyone's getting warning dialogs at startup, here's how to make 'em go away: for the first, rename the KANON_ME_ALL folder to KANON_SE. For the second and third, download the provided files and extract them into the game folder.
Old 2009-08-25, 03:20   Link #168
kyosak
poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
03) Tokido Saya (Little Busters! Ecstasy):3315 points
05) Fujibayashi Kyou (Clannad):2782 points
07) Natsume Kyousuke(Little Busters!):2392 points
I approve of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
06) Noumi Kudryavka (Little Busters!): 2652 points
WTF noooooo! Get out of my game! D:
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 09:01   Link #169
prnoct90

i heard that the xbox 360 version of Clannad was in HD. Did they rescan all of the art, or was it just an upscale. If it is true hd, then was that included on the Memorial Box version?
prnoct90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 12:17   Link #170
Kudryavka

Quote:
i heard that the xbox 360 version of Clannad was in HD. Did they rescan all of the art, or was it just an upscale. If it is true hd, then was that included on the Memorial Box version?
Clannad ME is based off of Clannad FV, which I think had a larger scale.
Old 2009-08-25, 13:05   Link #171
Proto

Yep, it has a native 800x600 resolution, the original being 640x480, IIRC
Old 2009-08-25, 13:06   Link #172
prnoct90

buts that still less then the xbox 360 version had
prnoct90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 13:16   Link #173
Proto

Indeed, that seems to be the case. Well I'm only speaking from memory for the CLANNAD FV version. i'll check what the ME version actually has when I get home.
Old 2009-09-29, 22:35   Link #174
Kudryavka

Another chance to get the Box?
http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/info/200...ial_box_4.html
Google told me this, now. It may be lying.
Old 2009-10-01, 07:02   Link #175
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Mine came and I didn't dare to open it. My K-ON's band score is already in my hands and opened and I still haven't opened my memorial box yet!

I initially wanted to resell it and profiteer off some poor fanboy/girl, but after seeing the contents from Klash's posts, I wanted to rescind my intentions.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 22:39   Link #176
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
damn wish I got the box I was stalling and before I realized it was gone >.< buuuu wanted more images before I purchased >.> Is there a second coming? Or will I have to buy at K-books one day LOL
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 11:38   Link #177
Zefariath

Best chance to get this now ?

Sigh , I found out about this too late, anyone have suggestions where i might still be able to get one ?

I recently bought Clannad Full Voice for PC, and been playing it (with the patched seen.txt) and having alot of fun. I've got Clannad, Air, and Kanon anime... [besides about 1,000+ other DVD's] and a bunch of the soundtrack / image albums. (But waiting to watch the Clannad after story anime, till i finish the game)

Last edited by Zefariath; 2009-10-05 at 11:40. Reason: added Dvd count.
Zefariath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 12:36   Link #178
sekihoutai

It was preorders only but you can check Yahoo Auctions Japan and use a proxy service to bid for you.
sekihoutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 13:03   Link #179
Zefariath

Ah, thanks.
Is there somewhere that lists / rates the different proxy services, I have always ordered my items direct from the source via cdjapan, amazon.jp, etc, so no idea who is more dependable.
Zefariath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 13:22   Link #180
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

needs moar Planetarian anime announcement i think....

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote