AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2010-10-29, 15:36   Link #721
KiraYamatoFan
No end to my talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Lynn looks great, Kira.

The pose really suits her.
Thanks! Then you shall see the final product now.

Spoiler for Lynn:

Adding colors on such level of detail is never easy and it was the most difficult up to date. But it was worth it for one of my favorite VC characters. The differences between Lynn and the others are that her body armor and the Squad 7 shoulder patch are designed to match with the uniform's camo pattern (theoritically, only the Gallian flag would be fully visible with normal colors). If the VC storyline happened in modern day, I guess you'd see some evolution in the soldier's equipment during a war.

About the pulled up sleeves, I had that idea from pictures of Marines simulating an assault on a beach. I guess people could picture her like this in the Marberry Shore assault, especially with a shotgun-attached ACR.

This whole project is coming in the late stages too and this is the only time you'll have a soldier with such camo pattern as a whole. Only Karl (EOD soldier), Selvaria and possibly Alicia one more time are left, and this big project will be over and I'll revert to other artwork ideas I put on hold for now.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2010-11-19 at 00:31.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 05:57   Link #722
KiraYamatoFan
No end to my talents

After Lynn, it didn't take me long to find an engineer. Respect to the men and women who work to get rid of stray explosive devices in all parts of the world.

Spoiler for SPC Karl Landzaat:

When I watched The Hurt Locker a while ago, I sure had the idea of having someday an engineer wearing the EOD suit and disarming bombs on the field. I thought at some point of having Nadine in that suit, but she was just too thin and a little fragile physically to get into such activity. So, Karl was the first candidate and quite an easy choice too. As I did to Lynn, I coloured the patches sho they would match the uniform's camo pattern better as a part of the "evolution" the equipment might get during a war.

The next artwork will involve Selvaria, guaranteed.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2010-11-29 at 06:09.
Old 2010-12-02, 21:43   Link #723
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Yes, there're VC-themed (de)motivational posters to be had as well. Case in point:

Of course, there're so many alternative captions that could be applied; here're a couple that came to the forefront of my mind...
  • Proof that there are more pleasant alternatives to the 'Brightslap'.
  • ...but what a way to go.
  • "Confirmed high-order impact'; CEP zero, repeat zero."
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 03:11   Link #724
KiraYamatoFan
No end to my talents

The line under the title really made me laugh hard!
Old 2010-12-14, 01:12   Link #725
Neovoid

Hey Kira, I don't suppose there's going to be chance of Isara with a modern MBT or maybe even an remote control RC-XD?
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 18:29   Link #726
KiraYamatoFan
No end to my talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neovoid View Post
Hey Kira, I don't suppose there's going to be chance of Isara with a modern MBT or maybe even an remote control RC-XD?
That's a tough call as I'm not sure about doing this yet. When I think of what the Edelweiss would look like, I'm thinking of taking the best features from tanks like the Leopard 2A5, the Merkava 4 and the T-90, and adding bits of technology there and there (anti-rockets protection system and maybe a mini version of the Phalanx CIWS) to make it virtually invincible. If I have to do this, it would be at the very end of this project when all characters I want to render will all be done.

Anyway, Selvaria!

Spoiler for big size:

Her camo pattern is based on the oak leaf pattern seen with SS troops during WWII and it could be still a good one today. Since she mostly uses swords instead of firearms, I remembered Irina Spalko and it wasn't difficult to see such officer with a sword on the field. Don't ask me about the sword sheath since it's hidden behind her left leg.

Since I had a hard time with direct-linking the pictures on gelbooru last time, you can go to the links over there. More to come soon as Gelbooru gets back online with character pictures for VC3.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2010-12-19 at 19:15.
Old 2010-12-19, 18:54   Link #727
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neovoid View Post
Hmm, maybe that idea could be extended into 'Isara Gunther, Drone Queen'... I imagine she'd have quite a bit of fun with the combat drones from Frontlines: Fuel of War (note: Black Ops' RC-XD is a lesser form of the Red Star Alliance's anti-vehicle drone in said game).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
That's a tough call as I'm not sure about doing this yet. When I think of what the Edelweiss would look like, I'm thinking to taking the best features from tanks like the Leopard 2A5, the Merkava 4 and the T-90, and adding bits of technology there and there (anti-rockets protection system and maybe a mini version of the Phalanx CIWS) to make it virtually invincible.
It'll be interesting to see how this comes out without it looking 'clunky' like, say, the Russians' T-100 MBT from EndWar (not to be confused with the eponymous robot tanks from yet another gaming universe).

Quote:
Anyway, Selvaria!
Hmm, nice. Image dump was a nice plus too; Aliasse cuteness is always welcome.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 02:20   Link #728
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Since I had a hard time with direct-linking the pictures on gelbooru last time, you can go to the links over there. More to come soon as Gelbooru gets back online with character pictures for VC3.
Uhh please don't talk about that site. I have terrible memories of that wretched place that i wish to forget.
Old 2010-12-20, 02:35   Link #729
Snowman24

So many pictures of this 'couple' pairing.

I dunno, I find it kind of weird, but this picture made me smile. Jane with a flower in her hair, she used to own a flower shop.
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 02:53   Link #730
KiraYamatoFan
No end to my talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
So many pictures of this 'couple' pairing.

I dunno, I find it kind of weird, but this picture made me smile. Jane with a flower in her hair, she used to own a flower shop.
I don't mind that; they don't look that bad at all. It's probably the best way to remind Jane where she comes from. Still, I wonder where the worship for that pairing comes from.

As promised, VC3 material:

Old 2010-12-20, 06:00   Link #731
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Here's some nice VC artwork i found at Deviant Art.

Spoiler for VC chibi:

Spoiler for The Azure Witch at Hallwoeen:

Spoiler for Thanksgiving with the Gunthers:

Spoiler for Selvaria:

Spoiler for Selvaria and Alicia celebrating New Years:

Spoiler for Faldio x Welkin:

Spoiler for Freesia:

Spoiler for Cordelia in Valkyrian mode:

Spoiler for Squad 7:

Spoiler for Squad 7 at the beach:

And finally for all of you VC2 fans out there.

Spoiler for VC2's Ensemble Darkhorse:

Enjoy!
Old 2011-01-02, 19:11   Link #732
KiraYamatoFan
No end to my talents

Spoiler for Alicia in Black Ops:

I knew at some point that I'd be back with Alicia since the anime version of the mission at Fouzen gave me the idea about what she would be like in a special operation at night today. Like most special ops badges, there's a sword and a thunderbolt. Hence, you have what I think special ops units affiliated in the militia would have as a shoulder sleeve insignia.

Civilian clothing and the 2 prototypes of IR/sonar goggles were inspired by Splinter Cell games, especially Sam Fisher's. Meanwhile, the Darcsen shemagh/scarf was an idea I had from another game and I thought she would look good in a way to support a fight-against-racism cause. A good old M14 with a M68 Aimpoint scope is the weapon of choice for Alicia as she goes for good range, power and accuracy.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2011-01-03 at 04:49.
Old 2011-01-03, 04:51   Link #733
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Nice, nice, nice.

Very nice.

I'm really impressed how you've still got her wearing the head band without it seeming so far out of place.

In my concepts I ended up forgoing it as a head band and positioning it as a scarf around her neck so that she could still wear a helmet.

Still, I'm very impressed, Kira. I'd be repping if you didn't have it disabled!

Only suggestion I'd make is if you're set on the M14 is to change it to a Scout model and have the M68 mounted forward.

This is a nice example of what I would have used:

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 10:45   Link #734
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

On Perspective: "Depending on who you talk to, twintails are either ponytails multiplied by two, or divided by two.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2011-01-08 at 10:58. Reason: Uploaded enhanced version
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 10:53   Link #735
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
*Nod* Shepperd.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 12:30   Link #736
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I choose the "Punch Rosie" or "Be so annoying that everyone hates me and gangs up on me instead".
Old 2011-01-08, 16:21   Link #737
Snowman24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
What in the world would Welkin say to his own sister if you chose "Side with Rosie"
"Damn it Isara! Quite being a nuisance already... and... stuff...Yeah!!!"
Old 2011-01-09, 02:07   Link #738
KiraYamatoFan
No end to my talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
What in the world would Welkin say to his own sister if you chose "Side with Rosie"
"Damn it Isara! Quite being a nuisance already... and... stuff...Yeah!!!"

Not in 100 years! As Mr. terrorist wrote, I'd choose the "Punch Rosie" option way before anything for her being a real pain in the ass disturbing the harmony/discipline in the whole squad. Too bad Welkin can't adopt a Clint Eastwood-type of face in such situation.
Old 2011-01-09, 04:09   Link #739
Snowman24

Me too! If there was a *punch Rosie* during that particular scene, I'd hella choose it every single playthrough!
Old 2011-01-09, 09:51   Link #740
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

There is no "Punch Rosie" choice, because it's a Paragon quicktime event

On Perspective: "Depending on who you talk to, twintails are either ponytails multiplied by two, or divided by two.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote